A word from our leader - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

A word from our leader

Dear Friend,

Last week, I announced United We Serve - a nationwide call to service challenging you and all Americans to volunteer this summer and be part of building a new foundation for America.

And when I say "all," I mean everyone - young and old, from every background, all across the country. We need individuals, community organizations, corporations, foundations, and our government to be part of this effort.

Today, for the official kick off of United We Serve, members of my administration have fanned out across America to participate in service events and encourage all Americans to join them.

The First Lady is rolling up her sleeves and getting to work too. But before she headed out today, she asked me to share this message with you.

Our nation faces some of the greatest challenges it has in generations and we know it's going to take a lot of hard work to get us back on track.

While Michelle and I are calling on every American to participate in United We Serve, the call to service doesn't end this fall. We need to stay involved in our towns and communities for a long time to come. After all, America's new foundation will be built one neighborhood at a time - and that starts with you.

Thank you,
President Barack Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Location: On the express train to management training in hell.
What leader?

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
That's directed at you, UHHHbama
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Ima go join ACORN and serve my way to the presidency, one fraudulent vote at a time.

DFWMustangs.net

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 PM
T-MINUS

Fuck him. I have mouths to feed at home and lack time and the skin pigment to make community organizing a lucrative political career.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Lifer

After all, America's new foundation will be built one neighborhood at a time - and that starts with you.

What happened to the constitution.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Out

Translation:

To all you hard-working, law-abiding citizens of America,

This country is fucked up, plain and simple. We have a bunch of low-lifes that don't contribute to society, abuse our unnecessary social programs, create havoc through criminal activity... all while being completely ungrateful for the few who work hard to keep this country afloat. Lately, there seems to be an overwhelming number of these "world owes me a living" types appearing in our society, some of it is due to my ridiculous tolerance for bums and trash, but some is now taught through parenting. Yes, it's basically an inherited trait! We, as a country are sinking fast; especially since I'm going to shift into overdrive to get these degenerates more undeserved money and not hold them accountable for anything.

The area where we're failing is you. If you're not in need of assistance, assist someone who does. If you manage your own responsibilities, take on the responsibilities of others. If you have worked for everything you have, then someone else deserves it just as much, if not more than you.

It's time for the people of America to get up off their asses and receive help from the ones who are already up!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Lifer

whats wrong with community service? I have lived a very good life and done well for myself, but I still do things to help out the community, maybe cause I still have faith in this country, but I also want to lead by example. this is just something that should not be political.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Serving your community should be an individual choice, government shouldn't tell you to do it. He has stated over and over again that the young and old should be "organized" into a "force" trained, funded and armed as well as the military and that these groups should do community work, much like the brown shirt in Germany.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
whats wrong with community service? I have lived a very good life and done well for myself, but I still do things to help out the community, maybe cause I still have faith in this country, but I also want to lead by example. this is just something that should not be political.
Did you do it by choice or was the Schutzstaffel forcing you to do it?

Believe me, I'm all about either working to help out the community at large or in my case donating funds to help out because I don't want the icky poor or ethnics around me

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Lifer

where did he say they were going to force people? the very first line of the letter reads: a call to service, nothing about forced labor.

I would like to see more organization among young people, especially students who are benefitting from societies tax dollars. either through their schools or their churches

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Read his campaign speeches. He wants it mandatory. This is the first step.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 02:59 PM
reppin tha westside

How about this....lazy motherfuckers on the Govt tit....volunteer or no welfare check for you.
and by the way, pee in this bottle before you get that check, just in case.

naaaah, never happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I would agree with that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement