Wow, score one for France - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Token Troll

Wow, score one for France

Quote:
PARIS — President Nicolas Sarkozy said the Muslim burqa would not be welcome in France, calling the full-body religious gown a sign of the "debasement" of women.

In the first presidential address to parliament in 136 years, Sarkozy faced critics who fear the burqa issue could stigmatize France's Muslims and said he supported banning the garment from being worn in public.

"In our country, we cannot accept that women be prisoners behind a screen, cut off from all social life, deprived of all identity," Sarkozy said to extended applause at the Chateau of Versailles, southwest of Paris.

"The burqa is not a religious sign, it's a sign of subservience, a sign of debasement — I want to say it solemnly," he said. "It will not be welcome on the territory of the French Republic."

Dozens of legislators have called for creating a commission to study a possible ban in France, where there is a small but growing trend of wearing the full-body garment despite a 2004 law forbidding it from being worn in public schools.

France has Western Europe's largest Muslim population, an estimated 5 million people, and the 2004 law sparked fierce debate both at home and abroad.

Even the French government has been divided over the issue, with Immigration Minister Eric Besson saying a full ban would only "create tensions," while junior minister for human rights Rama Yade said she was open to a ban if it was aimed at protecting women forced to wear the burqa.

The terms "burqa" and "niqab" often are used interchangeably in France. The former refers to a full-body covering worn largely in Afghanistan with only a mesh screen over the eyes, whereas the latter is a full-body veil, often in black, with slits for the eyes.

A leading French Muslim group, the French Council for the Muslim Religion, has warned against studying the burqa, saying it would "stigmatize" Muslims.

Sarkozy was due to host a state dinner Monday with Sheik Hamad Bin Jassem Al Thani of Qatar, where women wear Islamic head coverings in public — whether while shopping or driving cars.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,528105,00.html

Color me impressed. Someone standing up to some of the Muslim BS, imo.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 12:04 PM
IA2

He just started a shitstorm. Look for killings, bombings, and other mayhem to start soon in france.

"Peaceful muslims" my ass.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
In the first presidential address to parliament in 136 years, Sarkozy faced critics who fear the burqa issue could stigmatize France's Muslims and said he supported banning the garment from being worn in public.

Working on my project Stang

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
T-MINUS

I think the Europeans are beginning to realize that they are in power but in 50 years will be extinct because the savages are breeding 7+ kids per family while the countrymen are dying off.

Hopefully it won't be too late.

/draw illegal immigration correlation here.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I think the Europeans are beginning to realize that they are in power but in 50 years will be extinct because the savages are breeding 7+ kids per family while the countrymen are dying off.

Hit the nail on the head right there. They can't win a fight for power, they'll breed for it.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hit the nail on the head right there. They can't win a fight for power, they'll breed for it.
One of them said they'll take over Europe by 2050 without ever firing a shot (from a gun)

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
One of them said they'll take over Europe by 2050 without ever firing a shot (from a gun)
I'll have to find the Youtube vid I watched regarding this. Don't know how sound the statistics are, but it's basically about the growth of the Muslim population compared to other religions. Don't know if it took in to account for those that are not affiliated with any religion, but an interesting watch non-the-less.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Time Served

Quote:
The mexicans have said the same thing about america. Wish this country could figure out how to get the hispanic americans to understand that if we allow the mexican way of life to take over america it will destroy this country.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
The mexicans have said the same thing about america. Wish this country could figure out how to get the hispanic americans to understand that if we allow the mexican way of life to take over america it will destroy this country.
Don't take this the wrong way, cause i dont mean it like that. Not accusing anyone or anything like that. But Adolf Hitler probly began his first thoughts along these lines. And im not saying it's wrong, either. Not every last little thing that Hitler ever thought said or did was completely and utterly evil like everyone thinks. No i am not a white supremecist. No i do not like Hitler. I am just saying that before he turned genocidal, he had a problem. There were what he and his countrymen saw as undesirables in His country. (similar to what you and i think of muslims) He could see this. He handled it all wrong, of course, but how does one handle such a problem without mass murder? Simply putting your foot down and downright denying any further immigration of any kind? Maybe that is what we should do. Become isolationists ONLY in the way that we are no longer accepting applications for citizenship. We have enough citizens, thanks. Breaking the law of illegal immigration could carry a heavier penalty than mere deportation. Let everything else be as usual.

Thoughts? Opinions? Again, i think Hitler was an evil human being. I was just using the whole situation in Germany back then as an example.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 12:10 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, cause i dont mean it like that. Not accusing anyone or anything like that. But Adolf Hitler probly began his first thoughts along these lines. And im not saying it's wrong, either. Not every last little thing that Hitler ever thought said or did was completely and utterly evil like everyone thinks. No i am not a white supremecist. No i do not like Hitler. I am just saying that before he turned genocidal, he had a problem. There were what he and his countrymen saw as undesirables in His country. (similar to what you and i think of muslims) He could see this. He handled it all wrong, of course, but how does one handle such a problem without mass murder? Simply putting your foot down and downright denying any further immigration of any kind? Maybe that is what we should do. Become isolationists ONLY in the way that we are no longer accepting applications for citizenship. We have enough citizens, thanks. Breaking the law of illegal immigration could carry a heavier penalty than mere deportation. Let everything else be as usual.

Thoughts? Opinions? Again, i think Hitler was an evil human being. I was just using the whole situation in Germany back then as an example.
Let me get this straight, you're saying that Hitler was the fucking man and a snappy dresser?

Whisky..Tango...Foxtrot?!

That being said, the Jews were pretty unassuming and not known for carrying out terrorist plots. The Illuminati, consisting of the Astor, Bundy, Collins, DuPont, Freeman, Kennedy, Li, Onassis, Rockefeller, Rothschild, Russell, van Duyn, and Merovingian families won't allow for the Muslims to take over. They at some point will outlive their usefulness and be used as a world wide poster child of villanism and face extinction.

That actually sounds like I'm a conspiracy guy

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Well yeah i know the jews were not terrorists and all that, it was just an example of someone who was not wanted. Got a lot of people like that around here. In my town they ran a bunch of arabs out, i don't even know if they were muslims lol. But the day after 911 they were threatened and disappeared.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Time Served

always big misinformation about the nazis. The germany army were not nazis, they were simply serving their government. Kind like how just cause we have a democrat in the office, not all military people are democrats. Same thing here. The SS and hitlers cabinet were the nazis. I love WW2 history!

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 08:30 PM
PAN

Quote:

Funny, same damned thing is happening here, only with the mexican population...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement