User may be editing post.

Hamas thwarts Carter assassination attempt

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

this ruined my day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Lifer

I demand respect for Bush (both Sr. and Jr.) and Reagan, so I would not want anyone to kill Carter, Clinton, or even the Messiah. This is a good thing.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 06:22 PM
DFWS

he needs to keep himself at home because that cluster fuck over there isn't going to be helped with him over there

Keepin' The Old School Alive

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 06:35 PM
duh...duh....duh

Probably happens around 3 times a day or something and we just happen to hear about this one cause the news told us. (not just Carter...others..etc)

My '03 Sold.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I demand respect for Bush (both Sr. and Jr.) and Reagan, so I would not want anyone to kill Carter, Clinton, or even the Messiah. This is a good thing.
gtfo paladin. gtfo.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 07:25 PM
IA2

He's probably doing more harm than good over there, really.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Location: On the express train to management training in hell.
JEsus, what is he, 400 years old? fuck!

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
That's directed at you, UHHHbama
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
gtfo paladin. gtfo.
Bite me.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Time Served

Quote:

You don't have to demand respect for Regan or either Bush, they simply command respect for being who they are. Carter on the other hand neither deserves nor commands respect by simply being who and what he is.

The world would be a better place with out him in it and it truly grieves me that you would equate him to Regan or either Bush.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo855 View Post
You don't have to demand respect for Regan or either Bush, they simply command respect for being who they are. Carter on the other hand neither deserves nor commands respect by simply being who and what he is.

The world would be a better place with out him in it and it truly grieves me that you would equate him to Regan or either Bush.
I get what paladin is saying. No one deserves to be gunned down or blown up by an IED regardless of politics. Jimmy Carter will have to live with the poor decisions he made (generally regarded as one of the worst presidents ever), and he needs to get his old ass back on our side of the ocean and quit trying to be a political force. He had his chance once and blew it. 18% interest rates, gas shortages and rationing, middle east hostage situation that was resolved the day that reagan took office, and 55mph. That's his legacy.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:

He was President wasn't he?

Mike says it pretty well. BTW, there are alot of liberals who hate Reagan and think he did more harm to the country than he did good. They might have even wished him harm during his Presidentcy. If you disagree with that thought process yet think it is okay for Carter to be murdered, you are a hypocrite.

I completely disagree with almost everything Carter stands for, but being upset because an assassination attempt against him was thwarted is wrong imo.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
I get what paladin is saying. No one deserves to be gunned down or blown up by an IED regardless of politics. Jimmy Carter will have to live with the poor decisions he made (generally regarded as one of the worst presidents ever), and he needs to get his old ass back on our side of the ocean and quit trying to be a political force. He had his chance once and blew it. 18% interest rates, gas shortages and rationing, middle east hostage situation that was resolved the day that reagan took office, and 55mph. That's his legacy.
I actually think alot of the mess we are currently in rests at his feet also.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 06:48 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
He was President wasn't he?
Most importantly a US President. Regardless of the President it would be disrespectful to all Americans. Well, all who are smart enough to realize some group just said "Fuck You."

My '03 Sold.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Worship me

Hamas knew right where to find the bombs because they are the ones who put them there.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Hamas knew right where to find the bombs because they are the ones who put them there.
Exactly. The only thing positive that would have come out of it is citizens would have demanded some sort of retaliation and it would force Barry to go against his much loved Middle East.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
haha that's exactly what I was thinking.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Following Carter's entry to Gaza, five men, some wearing Hamas police uniforms, removed three large black disks and some wire from a sand dune next to a road Carter had used.
Some hadji probably hit a bump and bounced his subwoofer box out of the back of his little Toyota truck and these guys drove up on it. They told Mr Peanut that they just saved his ass and his delusional ass ate it up. LOL

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Time Served

Quote:

The people of Iran blame him single handily for allowing their county to come under the control of the radicals. That event sparked ALL of the problems that we are seeing today.

Carters death at the hands of the terrorist would have forced the left in this country to understand what we a facing. It would have been Carter's greatest contribution to the well being of his country; and only contribution I might add.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Lifer

Quote:
The people of Iran blame him single handily for allowing their county to come under the control of the radicals. That event sparked ALL of the problems that we are seeing today.

Carters death at the hands of the terrorist would have forced the left in this country to understand what we a facing. It would have been Carter's greatest contribution to the well being of his country; and only contribution I might add.
It is very sad that his death at the hands of the extremist idiots might have actually made the far left realize what we are up against.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 12:07 PM
IA2

Quote:
That was my first thought when I read the article. Publicity stunt. Since when has hamas been the good guys?
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 PM
IA2

Quote:
I also agree with this statement. What a liberal president allows to happen on his watch will go on for years, and cause untold problems down the line. An example for the obama nuthuggers on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement