Here's a real shocker: New report finds big problems in war spending - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

Here's a real shocker: New report finds big problems in war spending

"In its first report to Congress, the Wartime Contracting Commission presents a bleak assessment of how tens of billions of dollars have been spent since 2001."

Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31154897

This report details oversight and excess spending since 2001. Some heads should roll over this, and no, I'm not saying Bush exclusively. There are a lot of people involved in committees that should be held accountable for this spending. IMO, this is yet another reason to limit people to one term. It would stop a lot of the campaign funding from businesses and contractors looking to get chunks of this money.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 PM
duh...duh....duh

Term limits?

My God, I think we disagree on a lot but agree on enough that enough would get fixed that we would not care about what we disagreed on....(multiples for lack of .s in actual sentence)

My '03 Sold.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Time Served

NO WAY!! What a fuckin suprize!! lol

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Term limits?

My God, I think we disagree on a lot but agree on enough that enough would get fixed that we would not care about what we disagreed on....(multiples for lack of .s in actual sentence)
This type of stuff screams corrupt. I don't care which party you support, no one should approve of the type of campaign contributions/lobbying that goes on to get a piece of these type contracts. If there were one term limits, I don't think as much corruption would exist. Of course I could be wrong -- it could be more since there is a short window for someone to cash in on their bribe.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 06:01 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
This type of stuff screams corrupt. I don't care which party you support, no one should approve of the type of campaign contributions/lobbying that goes on to get a piece of these type contracts. If there were one term limits, I don't think as much corruption would exist. Of course I could be wrong -- it could be more since there is a short window for someone to cash in on their bribe.
I do not think there would be as much corruption myself. What I envision as part of the problem is there becomes a pecking order and these politicians get entrenched. Then it is more or less a pyramid scheme.

Main politician A gets some corrupt deal but needs support. From there he pulls favors/promises etc and it trickles down from there.

I think with the current setup, honest politicians can't survive since the corrupt folks will make it impossible for them to do so. There is no whistle blowing that can be done either. The only way is term limits.

My '03 Sold.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Worship me

Not suprising at all.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Lifer

No way!! Our government is great. They make the sunshine and the grass grow, and everything they do is in our best interest. We should put all of our trust in them and never question anything they do. Absolutely no way they mishandled money.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
BANNED

10s of billions..., what about the 100s of billions we have spent in the past few months?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Lifer

GM and Chrysler have already accounted for over $17 billion in spending in less than one year, with $40 likely to to follow. Is this somehow not considered "excess spending" because Komrade Obama is behind it?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Gunga galunga

It's all bullshit, if you could have a true audit of all government spending it would be scary how much money is "thrown away"

Term Limits really wouldn't be the solution. If you impose limits then what motivation does the representative have to listen to his/her constituents? So at the end of the day you end up at the same problem; representatives that behave in their own best interest. The only way to really change the problem is to have greater transparency, and for citizens to actually pay fucking attention to what these ass holes are doing. End of the day we still have the power, its just people are so fucking apathetic and ignorant it's gross

"Apres moi le deluge"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement