Ron paul on the N Korea bs - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Ron paul on the N Korea bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDTu-...layer_embedded

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Lifer

He has at least learned how to not come across as a complete loon in that video.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #3 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

He makes a lot of sense in that video...

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook

Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 06-03-2009 at 08:18 PM.

post #4 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Lifer

I'll never agree with his idea of bringing all the troops home. The way to save "a lot more money and make a lot more friends" is NOT by isolating your limited number of allies in the world by leaving them without a US Presence.

Ron Paul seems to make a lot of financial sense, but I don't want his attitude in the White House...well...could it be worse than what we've got now??? Dammit.

If he would nut up and support a strong military presence, he'd be in the White House already.

post #5 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
I'll never agree with his idea of bringing all the troops home. The way to save "a lot more money and make a lot more friends" is NOT by isolating your limited number of allies in the world by leaving them without a US Presence.

Ron Paul seems to make a lot of financial sense, but I don't want his attitude in the White House...well...could it be worse than what we've got now??? Dammit.

If he would nut up and support a strong military presence, he'd be in the White House already.
It's thinking like this that has us in the position we're in; everyone must make compromises, or no one will be satisfied with the outcome. Clinton was unpopular because he made no concessions to the right, just as Bush was unpopular because he made no concessions to the left, just as Obama will be unpopular because he doesn't makes concessions to anyone but himself.

Somewhere along the line we forgot that government is best elected upon principles of 'give and take', not 'I want everything my way'.

post #6 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:

The fact of the matter is that we're borrowing from Chinese and the Europeans to protect the economic and security interests of China and Europe. We can't pay to be everyone's policeman forever, with no reward for it. If they were to pay us a tribute for keeping the world stable, that's different.

Give me a dollar.
post #7 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Lifer

I'm guessing you two guys didn't get all teary-eyed at all the Memorial Day vids posted from all the cemeteries illustrating how we have helped our allies in the past?

Like Ron said...we're broke like a joke. What would we have left if we just pulled out and formed the world's largest border patrol?

That's gotta be the biggest "Fuck You" note ever proposed.

This is just my humble opinion, of course. You gentlemen are entitled to your own opinions, just as much as I am.

post #8 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Worship me

The problem with isolationism is that the small little wars that break out often become huge wars and then we have to step in. If you wait until "we are threatened" to do something in many cases you are going to face an opponent that has taken a decade to build on their industrial strength.
post #9 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Time Served

I love ron paul, seems to be only guy that has a clue on how to get america back on track. He is right, let south korea deal with north korea, between them and the japanese they can handle it.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #10 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
The problem with isolationism is that the small little wars that break out often become huge wars and then we have to step in. If you wait until "we are threatened" to do something in many cases you are going to face an opponent that has taken a decade to build on their industrial strength.
We dont have any industrial strength anymore so whats the difference? america is a shadow of what it once was. Also, seems alot of of white collar people think of industrial ability as being work for monkeys. Im afraid they will get a wake up call when they witness how powerful an true industrial super power really is. Just like we showed the world in WW2, we are gonna be on the losing side the next time.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #11 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
He has at least learned how to not come across as a complete loon in that video.

Yeah,he actually seemed okay in that video, he has ideas that seem good in theory, but really wouldn't work in the real world.

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster
post #12 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:11 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyp View Post
Yeah,he actually seemed okay in that video, he has ideas that seem good in theory, but really wouldn't work in the real world.
I can't wait to see how well obsamas ideas and theory works in the real worlt...
post #13 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Lifer

america w/o ron paul is a fucked america.case closed.

i know he comes off kooky but the man is all about what is right for our country.he puts the peoples best interest first and not his own.something no other politician can say(without lieing)

i think america/ans need to sink a bit in order to wake up and fight for whats right.

american idol is killing america/americans.

RON PAUL '08
post #14 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Lifer

I agree with Ron Paul on many issues, but on others, he comes across as being nuttier than a squirrel turd.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #15 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I agree with Ron Paul on many issues, but on others, he comes across as being nuttier than a squirrel turd.
Well said dude, well said.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #16 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Lifer

i agree too but,his principals are way better than any other politician i've seen.

the majority is all smoke and mirrors.

RON PAUL '08
post #17 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
america w/o ron paul is a fucked america.case closed.

i know he comes off kooky but the man is all about what is right for our country.he puts the peoples best interest first and not his own.something no other politician can say(without lieing)

i think america/ans need to sink a bit in order to wake up and fight for whats right.

american idol is killing america/americans.
Yep.
We'll sink a bit but the only fighting will be with each other.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #18 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Lifer

RP could singlehandedly save this country. We are F*&ked unless we vote him as POTUS and enact all of his policies, even the admitted "kooky" ones!

Yeah, that's the ticket! LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #19 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:17 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt View Post
Yep.
We'll sink a bit but the only fighting will be with each other.

That, sir, is exactly why the system is set up as it is. Divide and conquer as they say...
post #20 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
RP could singlehandedly save this country. We are F*&ked unless we vote him as POTUS and enact all of his policies, even the admitted "kooky" ones!

Yeah, that's the ticket! LOL
How're those "smart & un-kooky" guys working out for you?

post #21 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Lifer

Quote:
How're those "smart & un-kooky" guys working out for you?
There are no smart guys anywhere near the WH right now. That wouldn't change if RP was there. You still haven't answered why RP would be able to be the only person in America who would not follow the same path every politician has before him. You RP nuthuggers are actually worse than the Obama nuthuggers. They actually worship him like you worship RP and they think he will be a different kind of politicain just like you guys think RP will be. Please explain why you are any different than the Obama supporters?

Obama = The Messiah to them and RP = The savior to you. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by Paladin; 06-03-2009 at 08:30 AM.
post #22 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
There are no smart guys anywhere near the WH right now. That wouldn't change if RP was there. You still haven't answered why RP would be able to be the only person in America who would not follow the same path every politician has before him. You RP nuthuggers are actually worse than the Obama nuthuggers. They actually worship him like you worship RP and they think he will be a different kind of politicain just like you guys think RP will be. Please explain why you are any different than the Obama supporters?

You haven't gotten any wiser have you?

post #23 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You haven't gotten any wiser have you?
Oh the irony coming from you!

BTW, nice ignoring the difficult questions as usual. (yawn)

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #24 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Lifer

How about outsourcing RP to govern California for a little test drive on what he can do out there before handing him the reigns to the entire country?

post #25 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:

You are the nuthugger, you are the worshiper, the Republican party is your messiah. I would tell you to explain how you're different than an Obama supporter, but you're actually much worse than any Obama supporter I've met yet. You actually think the Republican party stands a chance of being in power and doing something worthwhile. They had their chance, they are over. Start looking for alternatives, because the party of wishy washy fat old rich white guys is fucking DONE.

Ron Paul would have actually done something to preserve our borders and our economy. Your "old school" concepts have allowed marxism to replace capitalism. How many times have you beat us over the head with your "a vote for (insert non Republican candidate name here) is a wasted vote" bullshit?

Don't listen to the guy with new ideas! Don't listen to the guy that has the country's best interests at hand! Listen to the party that shows up with zero game plan, fielding an old white fart and a bimbo, intending to keep the same bloated government loafing along!

Do you really think Republicans stand a chance in the next election? The '08 election brought out a lot of new voters, that now see that there is power in their vote. They will vote for the same bullshit again - oops, I mean they will vote AGAINST the wishy washy fat old rich white guys again. If that's what the Republicans intend to take to the voters next time and forever, then they are a lost cause and you're a nut for following them. I'll support Ron Paul or anyone else that isn't for big government next time around. I doubt it will be a Republican.
post #26 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
You are the nuthugger, you are the worshiper, the Republican party is your messiah. I would tell you to explain how you're different than an Obama supporter, but you're actually much worse than any Obama supporter I've met yet. You actually think the Republican party stands a chance of being in power and doing something worthwhile. They had their chance, they are over. Start looking for alternatives, because the party of wishy washy fat old rich white guys is fucking DONE.

Ron Paul would have actually done something to preserve our borders and our economy. Your "old school" concepts have allowed marxism to replace capitalism. How many times have you beat us over the head with your "a vote for (insert non Republican candidate name here) is a wasted vote" bullshit?

Don't listen to the guy with new ideas! Don't listen to the guy that has the country's best interests at hand! Listen to the party that shows up with zero game plan, fielding an old white fart and a bimbo, intending to keep the same bloated government loafing along!

Do you really think Republicans stand a chance in the next election? The '08 election brought out a lot of new voters, that now see that there is power in their vote. They will vote for the same bullshit again - oops, I mean they will vote AGAINST the wishy washy fat old rich white guys again. If that's what the Republicans intend to take to the voters next time and forever, then they are a lost cause and you're a nut for following them. I'll support Ron Paul or anyone else that isn't for big government next time around. I doubt it will be a Republican.
<---teary eyed.
post #27 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh the irony coming from you!

BTW, nice ignoring the difficult questions as usual. (yawn)
Show me where you asked the question. (fart)

Like I said, the only fighting will be amongst ourselves. And genius' like Notch will always think they're winning...something.

post #28 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
How about outsourcing RP to govern California for a little test drive on what he can do out there before handing him the reigns to the entire country?
that would be nice.since the fucking terminator can't do it.

RON PAUL '08
post #29 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Show me where you asked the question. (fart)

Like I said, the only fighting will be amongst ourselves. And genius' like Notch will always think they're winning...something.
I asked two of you in post #21 and you responded by quoting it in post #22 and did not answer either, hence I pointed it out.

There is no real winning when it comes to poking fun at you. In fact, it is almost getting more sad than fun anymore.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #30 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I am no Republican nuthugger, as a matter of fact, I am very far from nuthugging any party. I have voted for Dems and Republicans over the years. I vote for the best candidate regardless of party.

I am a traditionalist and a conservative. Please find me a traditional/conservative candidate anywhere near the Democrats and I will vote for him/her. Find me a traditional/conservative independent candidate who has a snowballs chance of getting elected and I will vote for him/her.

Did you miss all this when I posted it the last year or so? Did you miss where I said RP would be better than any Demcrat in the last election? I just mentioned that all that said about Obama was how bad he was when he wasn't as good IMO as the very kooky RP who could not have gotten any of his ideas passed or any serious changes accomplished because he is so out there.

So how did the piss I apparently put in your Post Toasties taste?

Any chance you want to answer the questions I posed to blackie in post #21 about RP? He won't answer any questions I pose anymore after I embarrased him and pointed out his hypocrisy in a thread he is trying to forget about.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #31 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:

..and you, too, will lose. Looks like we're all in this together.

post #32 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Time Served

Apart from the nut hugging,

This will be exactly what I will be looking for in a candidate in the next election.

Kooky or otherwise,

fuck the Status Quo

Quote:

post #33 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I am no Republican nuthugger, as a matter of fact, I am very far from nuthugging any party. I have voted for Dems and Republicans over the years. I vote for the best candidate regardless of party.
You kiss your momma with that lying mouth?
Quote:
I am a traditionalist and a conservative.
This, I don't doubt. But you're barking up the wrong tree if you think the Republicans are the answer.
Quote:
Did you miss all this when I posted it the last year or so? Did you miss where I said RP would be better than any Demcrat in the last election?
Uh yeah, I did miss that. Show me...
Quote:
So how did the piss I apparently put in your Post Toasties taste?
I knew it, you couldn't get through an entire post without at least one "I win, you lose" comment.
Quote:
Any chance you want to answer the questions I posed to blackie in post #21 about RP?
Nah, I really don't give a shit, you're misunderstanding the point of my post. It doesn't have to be Ron Paul himself, just someone that will shake up the establishment. Anyone that runs under the banner of smaller government, more accountability, and honestly lower taxes and fewer programs/entitlements is going to get my vote.
post #34 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You kiss your momma with that lying mouth?
I usually get pretty upset at someone accusing me of lying. I don't, so let's not go there even if it was intened as a funny.

Quote:
This, I don't doubt. But you're barking up the wrong tree if you think the Republicans are the answer..
I have said this many times, right now the closest thing to a decent traditional/conservative candidate is being put up by the Republicans. Please show me where a decent candidate that meets my critieria has come from somehwere else? It is NOT about party loyalty, it is about an acceptable candidate.

BTW, you do know your hero chose the RP to try and get elected, right?

Quote:
Uh yeah, I did miss that. Show me...
I usually don't go back and do research unless there is something in it for me. How about if I produce a post or two saying that I would vote for RP over the Messiah you have to put something about being my bicth in your sig for a few months or something like that? If I don't produce it in 24 hours, I must reciprocate about you in my sig?

Quote:
I knew it, you couldn't get through an entire post without at least one "I win, you lose" comment.
If your lying comment was intended as silly jest, so was mine.

Quote:
Nah, I really don't give a shit, you're misunderstanding the point of my post. It doesn't have to be Ron Paul himself, just someone that will shake up the establishment. Anyone that runs under the banner of smaller government, more accountability, and honestly lower taxes and fewer programs/entitlements is going to get my vote.
I am all about a qualified, decent, honorable person from any party or no party doing just what you describe. I just think people getting upset at my opinion that RP is not that guy is funny.

We can also debate all day about voting for a person who has NO chance of winning. I wonder if people who opted out of voting in the election as a hissy fit because RP was not a candidate actually got us Obama? How about unintended consequences of getting the worst possible candidate (Obama) elected because you were protesting that Rp didn't get the nomination?

Do you think McCain would have been BETTER, maybe even acceptable, when you compare him to Obama, or Clinton, or Edwards?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #35 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I have said this many times, right now the closest thing to a decent traditional/conservative candidate is being put up by the Republicans. Please show me where a decent candidate that meets my critieria has come from somehwere else? It is NOT about party loyalty, it is about an acceptable candidate.
Yawn.

Here's where the Republicans have messed up. They have done polls and found that a majority of Americans lean slightly left socially. So they have attempted to cater to this slightly left majority without abandoning the far right that they need badly. However, spanning slightly left to far right is WAY too much to sell and they have made their support base feel ambivalent toward them. Who wants to vote for a party that is kinda this, kinda that, but really nothing at all? They like to spout "conservatism" but they don't practice it. The only thing they've tried to attach themselves to is abortion controls, guns, and religion. However, they've done a shitty job of defending these three things from liberals, every day you hear about religious freedoms being stepped on (California), gun controls being talked about (Congress), and the only abortion controls in place are for late term ones. Boy that sounds like a strong united force for conservatism! Where are the term limit discussions? How about fair taxation? Sensible spending? Strongly defending Constitutional rights? Maybe at least SAY SOMETHING about the government getting involved in private industry instead of supporting it.

The Democrats don't have this problem. They're left and BY GOD they do everything possible to tell you they are left. Anything that undermines old conservative values - that's them, they don't even try to deny it. Throw out any morality, any accountability, and cut checks to the lowest common denominator of society. That gets votes. So that's why they're in power

The Republicans need to start selling themselves as conservatives, an actual opposition party to the ruling Democrats, instead of just a lukewarm version of them. They need to get their right-leaning voting base energized, give conservative Americans something to support and vote for.
Quote:
BTW, you do know your hero chose the RP to try and get elected, right?
My hero? LOL, you will never get what I'm trying to say. Are you one of those kind of people that isn't listening to what the other person says, but instead are just wating for the chance to say something yourself?

I'm not going to go around with "90Notch is my bitch" in my signature, that's pretty childish. I've got no beef with you personally. I just think that it's time to take off the gift wrapping and see that the Republican party has presented us with a big stinkin turd.
post #36 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Yawn.

Here's where the Republicans have messed up. They have done polls and found that a majority of Americans lean slightly left socially. So they have attempted to cater to this slightly left majority without abandoning the far right that they need badly. However, spanning slightly left to far right is WAY too much to sell and they have made their support base feel ambivalent toward them. Who wants to vote for a party that is kinda this, kinda that, but really nothing at all? They like to spout "conservatism" but they don't practice it. The only thing they've tried to attach themselves to is abortion controls, guns, and religion. However, they've done a shitty job of defending these three things from liberals, every day you hear about religious freedoms being stepped on (California), gun controls being talked about (Congress), and the only abortion controls in place are for late term ones. Boy that sounds like a strong united force for conservatism! Where are the term limit discussions? How about fair taxation? Sensible spending? Strongly defending Constitutional rights? Maybe at least SAY SOMETHING about the government getting involved in private industry instead of supporting it.

The Democrats don't have this problem. They're left and BY GOD they do everything possible to tell you they are left. Anything that undermines old conservative values - that's them, they don't even try to deny it. Throw out any morality, any accountability, and cut checks to the lowest common denominator of society. That gets votes. So that's why they're in power

The Republicans need to start selling themselves as conservatives, an actual opposition party to the ruling Democrats, instead of just a lukewarm version of them. They need to get their right-leaning voting base energized, give conservative Americans something to support and vote for.

My hero? LOL, you will never get what I'm trying to say. Are you one of those kind of people that isn't listening to what the other person says, but instead are just wating for the chance to say something yourself?

I'm not going to go around with "90Notch is my bitch" in my signature, that's pretty childish. I've got no beef with you personally. I just think that it's time to take off the gift wrapping and see that the Republican party has presented us with a big stinkin turd.
So after all your bullshit and righteousness, what's the "cure"? What's the "fix"? What's the "answer"?

post #37 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Lifer

"My" righteousness? lol, funny.

Did you skip this?
Quote:
post #38 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
"My" righteousness? lol, funny.

Did you skip this?
You're laying down the law, so what's the answer? Don't tell me Ron Paul, or I will lay a steaming turd right here on my keyboard...

post #39 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Lifer

Randy, can you not read what I am typing here?

This is my "answer."
Quote:
LOL, I don't consider Ron Paul to be the answer, but don't lay a steaming Republican on your keyboard anyway. I'm not sure why you and Notch have such venom for the guy anyway. He's got some great ideas mixed in with BS, which in my eyes makes him better than the pure BS we get from most politicians.
post #40 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Randy, can you not read what I am typing here?

This is my "answer."

LOL, I don't consider Ron Paul to be the answer, but don't lay a steaming Republican on your keyboard anyway. I'm not sure why you and Notch have such venom for the guy anyway. He's got some great ideas mixed in with BS, which in my eyes makes him better than the pure BS we get from most politicians.
I don't have a hatred for Ron Paul at all. He's like the crazy uncle that fought in WWII....he has some great stories, but every once in a while you have to lock him in his room.

post #41 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Show me where you asked the question.

Oh, sorry. It looked like more like an accusation than a question. Uh....different in what way?

Notch fires one:
"Please explain why you are any different than the Obama supporters?"

post #42 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh, sorry. It looked like more like an accusation than a question. Uh....different in what way?

Notch fires one:
"Please explain why you are any different than the Obama supporters?"
LOL, come in and throw out deflecting posts and it will all go away. Keep tapping your heels together and it will all be okay blackie.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #43 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr View Post
Well, at least RP has a consistent voting record. A record that has lasted for quite some time now. He does what is right for the people, and it has been proven many times over.
Okay, but his negatives, as I and others have pointed out, far outweigh any positives. I really don't dislike him, I just thought he was by far the worst Republican candidate and have stated he was still better than any Democrat.

Quote:
Obama doesn't really have a past, but we're "actually worse"?
Are you serious? How can any RP supporter claim to be conservative, as they ALL claim he is, and be happy with Obama's socialism and extreme liberalism in every administration position and choice?

Quote:
I don't agree with a few of his policies. I do agree with a helluva lot more of his views than anyone else even considering running. He just wasn't "electable". Shame on him for not having the gift of gab to the masses.
It wasn't just his lack of the gift of gab, he had some out there views.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #44 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I don't have a hatred for Ron Paul at all. He's like the crazy uncle that fought in WWII....he has some great stories, but every once in a while you have to lock him in his room.
LOL, well put.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #45 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Time Served

So what is the number one reason for you guys not to like RP? Im my eyes he was the only true republican, he is totally and completely against big government and government spending. Isnt that what i see bitched about more than anything on here?

Im gonna guess its because he doesnt agree with the iraq war, is that it? If so, his reason is simply because we cant afford it and it truely wasnt a urgent concern at the moment. He was for going into afghanistan and actually getting OBL, he believes we should only spend money where it is absolutetly necessary.

His ideas are out there, ive been saying for years that it would take a guy that is really gonna change shit up in order to get this mess fixed. The old way of government doing things isnt working. Thats how obama got in as everyone knows. Change is needed but obama isnt making the changes that need to be made. He has touched on a few of them though, hopefully he actually does some of them such as his taxes on companies that outsource.

im really hoping RP runs again and gets in, i honestly think he would be very good for the country as an old timer who still stands by his morals.

post #46 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
How can any RP supporter claim to be conservative, as they ALL claim he is, and be happy with Obama's socialism and extreme liberalism in every administration position and choice?

It wasn't just his lack of the gift of gab, he had some out there views.
Speaking for myelf as a Ron Paul supporter and campaigner I'm not at all happy with Obama's socialism and extreme liberalism agenda. But nor do I completely blame him for our current cultural and finacial woes.

RP currently is pushing a bill that will cause the federal gov't to be audited regularly. Is that one of his "out there" views?

post #47 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
So what is the number one reason for you guys not to like RP? Im my eyes he was the only true republican, he is totally and completely against big government and government spending. Isnt that what i see bitched about more than anything on here?

Im gonna guess its because he doesnt agree with the iraq war, is that it? If so, his reason is simply because we cant afford it and it truely wasnt a urgent concern at the moment. He was for going into afghanistan and actually getting OBL, he believes we should only spend money where it is absolutetly necessary.

His ideas are out there, ive been saying for years that it would take a guy that is really gonna change shit up in order to get this mess fixed. The old way of government doing things isnt working. Thats how obama got in as everyone knows. Change is needed but obama isnt making the changes that need to be made. He has touched on a few of them though, hopefully he actually does some of them such as his taxes on companies that outsource.

im really hoping RP runs again and gets in, i honestly think he would be very good for the country as an old timer who still stands by his morals.
Ron Paul is 100 years old. It won't happen. He's already older than Reagan was when he began his second term. Paul's ideas of isolationalism won't work. As much as I like to fantasize about it, it can never happen. There are other things, too, but there's a couple you can mull over.

post #48 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
How can any RP supporter claim to be conservative, as they ALL claim he is, and be happy with Obama's socialism and extreme liberalism in every administration position and choice?
Uh... please show me ONE "Ron Paul supporter" that is also happy with the Obama administration.
post #49 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Censored

Quote:
Speaking for myelf as a Ron Paul supporter and campaigner I'm not at all happy with Obama's socialism and extreme liberalism agenda. But nor do I completely blame him for our current cultural and finacial woes.

RP currently is pushing a bill that will cause the federal gov't to be audited regularly. Is that one of his "out there" views?
Of course they should ecspecially now with them owning all these businesses.

Will never happen though.

Doors Done Rite
post #50 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Uh... please show me ONE "Ron Paul supporter" that is also happy with the Obama administration.
Isn't that the assumption one would make when muffrazr doesn't think we are worse off with Obama than any Republican? He is a RP supporter who apparently doesn't have much problem with what Obama is doing or doesn't know, which epitomizes the "typical" RP supporter I have seen.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement