Obama approves intimidation against voters - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Old Timer

Obama approves intimidation against voters

Quote:
Charges Against Black Panthers Dropped by Obama

Bush administration charges against three members of the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense have been dropped by the Obama Justice Department.

The charges stemmed from an incident at a Philadelphia polling place on Election Day when three members of the party were accused of trying to threaten voters and block poll and campaign workers by the threat of force - one even brandishing what prosecutors call a deadly weapon.

The three black panthers, Minister King Samir Shabazz, Malik Zulu Shabazz and Jerry Jackson were charged in a civil complaint in the last days of the Bush administration with violating the voter rights act by using coercion, threats and intimidation. Shabazz allegedly held a nightstick or baton that prosecutors said he pointed at people and menacingly taped it. Prosecutors also say he "supports racially motivated violence against non-blacks and Jews."

The complaint says they hurled racial slurs at both blacks and whites.

A poll watcher who provided an affidavit to prosecutors in the case noted Democrat Bartle Bull, who worked as a civil rights lawyer in the south in the 1960's and is a former campaign manager for Robert Kennedy, said it was the most blatant form of voter intimidation he had ever seen.

In his affidavit, obtained by FOX News, Bull wrote "I watched the two uniformed men confront voters and attempt to intimidate voters. They were positioned in a location that forced every voter to pass in close proximity to them. The weapon was openly displayed and brandished in plain sight of voters."

He also said they tried to "interfere with the work of other poll observers ... whom the uniformed men apparently believed did not share their preferences politically," noting that one of the panthers turned toward the white poll observers and said "you are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."

A spokesman for the Department of Justice told FOX News, "The Justice Department was successful in obtaining an injunction that prohibits the defendant who brandished a weapon outside a Philadelphia polling place from doing so again. Claims were dismissed against the other defendants based on a careful assessment of the facts and the law. The department is committed to the vigorous prosecution of those who intimidate, threaten or coerce anyone exercising his or her sacred right to vote."
Summary, If you are black, you can intimidate voters with threats and weapons to vote for your party.

2006 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Lifer

It's not like the vote in Philthadelphia would change. What a shit-hole of a city.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:11 AM
PAN

Not surprised in the least. And Fuck those "Stupid Motherfuckers".

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:19 AM
Lifer

My response to thug with the baton would have been, "Yo mamma called and she wants her dildo back."
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Lifer

That shit would never fly here in Texas. Esp with CHLs.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:52 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
"How were you going to tell me to vote again, Hero?"

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post

Really? And where do you got to vote? Gun free zones....

You know, the places that loonies hell bent on murdering as many people as possible go to do the deed, and they know they will be safe till the L.E.O's finally show up.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Worship me

I would love nothing more than to show up to vote and have a couple of assclowns like that try to talk shit to me.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:39 AM
duh...duh....duh

Dropped by the Justice Department, I'm no guru on these matters. Would that indicate be people Obama picked, or otherwise Obama influenced? Seems to me it would be a local matter.

Either way, I don't see why it would be dropped. Seems pretty straight forward and I'm pretty sure if it was a white guy, there would be hell to pay.

My '03 Sold.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I would love nothing more than to show up to vote and have a couple of assclowns like that try to talk shit to me.
I would probably get my ass whipped, but it would have been all over Fox News. Calmly walk up to that dickhead with some pepper spray and take his ass out. It would be worth an ass-kicking...

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:13 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I would probably get my ass whipped, but it would have been all over Fox News. Calmly walk up to that dickhead with some pepper spray and take his ass out. It would be worth an ass-kicking...
It would be a hate crime and you know that's what they would say. You also know you'd be found guilty.

My '03 Sold.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
It would be a hate crime and you know that's what they would say. You also know you'd be found guilty.
It would still be worth it. I would wait until he raised that club at me, then douche his ass. Of course it would be on video, too.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post

You know, the places that loonies hell bent on murdering as many people as possible go to do the deed, and they know they will be safe till the L.E.O's finally show up.
The LEO was black that responded to the scene in Philly at the time and just gave them a slap on the wrist.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Metric Wrench

"We're security".

What a joke.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Lifer

bring a stick to a gun fight.... riiiight....

I do like the idea of pepper spray though... maybe bear repellant... one of those that sprays about 35 feet... that would be funny.... scrawny little stupid mf'er....
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post

Good point. I forgot about that. Yeah Id take option 2, Bear Mace.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Dropped by the Justice Department, I'm no guru on these matters. Would that indicate be people Obama picked, or otherwise Obama influenced? Seems to me it would be a local matter.

Either way, I don't see why it would be dropped. Seems pretty straight forward and I'm pretty sure if it was a white guy, there would be hell to pay.
I'm sure that there are state charges that could be filed, I'm not sure if the feds just opted to let the state handle this, or if the obama admin had something to do with it.

I'd be curious to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement