Looks like N. Korea is going to fuck up S. Korea... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Looks like N. Korea is going to fuck up S. Korea...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090528/...koreas_nuclear

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Clown

North Korea is not going to do anything other than run their mouth. If one of our boats is fired upon, it is going to be bad news for North Korea. Obama has no choice but respond. I am thinking those nuclear reactors will be piles of rubble before long.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Worship me

I wish they would stop talking and start shooting so we can get this whole thing put to bed.

I wonder how many CBGs we have in the Pacific at the moment?

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Gunga galunga

what would be nice is to get china pissed off at NK and let the US sit back and watch

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford View Post
what would be nice is to get china pissed off at NK and let the US sit back and watch
They might do it for training, god knows our military has had plenty the past couple of years.

Doors Done Rite
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Just need 1 though I am betting that most of the Pacific fleet is either at or near striking range.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
North Korea is not going to do anything other than run their mouth. If one of our boats is fired upon, it is going to be bad news for North Korea. Obama has no choice but respond. I am thinking those nuclear reactors will be piles of rubble before long.
Obama has other choices like sit down and talk peacefully with them.

Sadly, the only choice he is making is to make exactly the same choice that Franklin D Roosevelt did regarding other countries hostilities before December 7th, 1941. He is going to ignore it until N. Korea strikes first.

When will liberals realize that pulling the shades down on the windows and turning out the lights doesn't prevent the air raid from happening.

How many more lives will be needlessly lost this time thanks to a liberal?
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Bullet Sponge

He didn't do anything about the missiles fired, or the nuke detonated underground, North Korea is pushing and pushing and Obama is just looking at the UN like "Well, aren't you going to do something?"

The US has been the school monitor for so long, when our leadership fails to protect the world from madmen, the rest of the globe is lost
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Wolverines!!!

http://www.thebulletin.org/

5 minutes to midnight is the closest we've been in 25yrs
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Obama has other choices like sit down and talk peacefully with them.

Sadly, the only choice he is making is to make exactly the same choice that Franklin D Roosevelt did regarding other countries hostilities before December 7th, 1941. He is going to ignore it until N. Korea strikes first.

When will liberals realize that pulling the shades down on the windows and turning out the lights doesn't prevent the air raid from happening.

How many more lives will be needlessly lost this time thanks to a liberal?
Sweet, maybe the US government can go ahead and mortage off texas to pay for another war. Sorry, im against us doing anything at this point unless there is a absolute threat to american soil. They need to tell Kim Jong that if they nuke anybody we will blow their asses back to the stoneage and then see what happens. We have seen how shitty their missle tech is so we have no worries but we cant afford another war. Im tired of seeing america go into unpayable debt for other countries that supposedly have a superior military. I say send in the germans, they owe the world more than we do.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
Sweet, maybe the US government can go ahead and mortage off texas to pay for another war. Sorry, im against us doing anything at this point unless there is a absolute threat to american soil. They need to tell Kim Jong that if they nuke anybody we will blow their asses back to the stoneage and then see what happens. We have seen how shitty their missle tech is so we have no worries but we cant afford another war. Im tired of seeing america go into unpayable debt for other countries that supposedly have a superior military. I say send in the germans, they owe the world more than we do.
Why would the government have to mortgage off Texas? Oh... because Bama already signed the largest bounced checks in the history of the world and that "money" is not doing jack shit to help our economy.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that this great nation of ours will ever "blow someone back to the stoneage". We haven't done that since WW2 and are too scared of what the rest of the world will view us as if we do.

Great. Let's let innocent Americans die because Obama decided to mortgage our future instead of protecting it.

I love it when Americans die because of a continuation of failed liberal ideals.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 08:32 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Sweet, maybe the US government can go ahead and mortage off texas to pay for another war. Sorry, im against us doing anything at this point unless there is a absolute threat to american soil.
He has proven that he has nukes, he has missiles to deliver said nukes and he's currently making more fissile materials for "peaceful" purposes.

They also are still holding the USS Pueblo hostage, an active US Naval vessel. It seems most have forgotten about that little incident.

As for American soil, we have two large air bases and dozens of army bases within his striking range. They are sovereign US lands and are directly being threatened by him.

We've been looking for a reason to do something about him since 1953 but as long as China and Russia were on his side we couldn't. He doesn't trust the Russians (who does?) so it's doubtful he'd act with only their support but if China agrees to offer ground troops again it's game on.

We could be in WW3 against China, NK, Russia, Cuba, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia immediately with Venezuela and Bolivia following suit shortly after. Iran and Syria could jump in the middle as well and openly send troops into Afghanistan and Iraq again.

I hope I'm wrong and he takes bribes again and stays quiet long enough to get through Obama to the next administration. I just don't see Hillary and Obama getting anything good done over there.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 PM
PAN

Quote:
You capitalize kim jong but don't capitalize Texas or America? Anti US touchy feel good tree hugger aren't ya?

<--- Another that 'feels' we need to go ahead and blast their asses now...
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Time Served

errrr i cant blame obama for americas problems today, its been along time coming. 20-30 years atleast, we have been living it up on borrowed money for awhile now. Obamas crap is just adding to the pile that was already there. They keep talking about the economy returning to normal and im asking, is borrowing money just to run the basics of the country normal? For the most powerful country in the world? Really?

Its not like the repubs would come riding in on a white horse in shining armor and make everything better, esp not when you are talking about how we should start a war we cant afford.

As for how the world views america, you better start caring. Thanks to our government which has made america non self suficient thru outsourcing and allowing businesses to take advantage of slave labor, we cant just do as we damn well please anymore. When the ball was in our court sure, but not now.

The time to realize that america is losing its power is fast approaching. We will soon be knocked off as the biggest economy, businesses are foaming at the mouth at the profits they can make in asia,america is a has been, yet when their company gets in trouble due to the recession they can have the same people they laid off bail them out. They have allowed greedy business to transfer americas wealth and true power to asia.

Ive always felt it wasnt right for america to start any war. You are worried how we will be viewed if we dont act. The attitude that we should get involved with everything has really backfired on us. After WW2, america was respected for its military power. Then came korea and vietnam which showed the enemy how to defeat us, tie us up in guerilla warfare. People say it was the liberals and democrats back home that lost the war but how can you win a war when you dont attack? We could have invaded north vietnam and korea and ended it but we didnt because we were scared of russia and china. Ever hear the saying, its best to stay quiet and be thought an idiot instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt. That analogy kinda fits to what im trying to say. We should have only entered a war we fully intended to finish, otherwise its a waste of money and american lives.

America was a problem solver who normally stayed neutral. It specifically says to do this in the constitution and we have done the opposite and look what it has done to the nation. I know times have changed but if america had stayed neutral and had stayed the manufacturing capital of the world and just minded our business i think we would be better off. The most important thing to me is my country and the american people, honestly i dont give a shit about the communists chinese that are starving, or the repressed iraqis, or the south koreans. Maybe they need to get off their asses and do something about it. After all, america wasnt created out of thin air. A buncha rag tag militia took on the most powerful military in the world and built america from nothing.

Look up eishenhowers farewell speach where he warns the nation against becoming what it has, the "military industrial complex"

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.

Last edited by Slammy; 05-28-2009 at 09:27 PM.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
You capitalize kim jong but don't capitalize Texas or America? Anti US touchy feel good tree hugger aren't ya?

<--- Another that 'feels' we need to go ahead and blast their asses now...
hardly, im more hardcore about my country than most people and i come from a military family that goes back to the american revolution.

post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Why would the government have to mortgage off Texas? Oh... because Bama already signed the largest bounced checks in the history of the world and that "money" is not doing jack shit to help our economy.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that this great nation of ours will ever "blow someone back to the stoneage". We haven't done that since WW2 and are too scared of what the rest of the world will view us as if we do.

Great. Let's let innocent Americans die because Obama decided to mortgage our future instead of protecting it.

I love it when Americans die because of a continuation of failed liberal ideals.
You and your bullshit talk about our problems way of going about things with this hostile nation who seems to not give a shit about anything sounds like a pretty liberal way of thinking to me. Just keep repeating it, Mr. Franken: "I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And dog-gonnit, people like me!"
Posted via Mobile Device
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
He has proven that he has nukes, he has missiles to deliver said nukes and he's currently making more fissile materials for "peaceful" purposes.

They also are still holding the USS Pueblo hostage, an active US Naval vessel. It seems most have forgotten about that little incident.

As for American soil, we have two large air bases and dozens of army bases within his striking range. They are sovereign US lands and are directly being threatened by him.

We've been looking for a reason to do something about him since 1953 but as long as China and Russia were on his side we couldn't. He doesn't trust the Russians (who does?) so it's doubtful he'd act with only their support but if China agrees to offer ground troops again it's game on.

We could be in WW3 against China, NK, Russia, Cuba, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia immediately with Venezuela and Bolivia following suit shortly after. Iran and Syria could jump in the middle as well and openly send troops into Afghanistan and Iraq again.

I hope I'm wrong and he takes bribes again and stays quiet long enough to get through Obama to the next administration. I just don't see Hillary and Obama getting anything good done over there.
we should have pulled out of korea when hostilies ended. Then they couldnt touch any americans. Why do you care about the south koreans? Maybe they need to stand up for their own damn country like america did.

If china does take sides with north korea, then why in the fucking hell is america chinas bitch? They have been on the enemies side for the vietnam and korean wars, that alone should have been enough to make american businesses dealing with them illegal. I hope it does happen, then MAYBE the government will do what they should have done in the first damn place. The COMMUNIST chinese are not our friends, let the fuckers eat rice and live in straw huts forever instead of allowing them the opporunity to challenge america in any way.

post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:01 PM

3 B-2's on alert locked and loaded in Guam should do the trick.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
You and your bullshit talk about our problems way of going about things with this hostile nation who seems to not give a shit about anything sounds like a pretty liberal way of thinking to me. Just keep repeating it, Mr. Franken: "I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And dog-gonnit, people like me!"
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe someone from North Korea can translate this shit? Cause I sure as hell don't know what the fuck you are saying. Better get you some Rosetta Stone before you try to post English motherfucker!
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames View Post
3 B-2's on alert locked and loaded in Guam should do the trick.
exactly, i say we pull out, south korea has had 50 years to get ready for this day. We tell north korea that if they use nukes or any other country comes in that we will come in on the south korean side but otherwise we will sit back and see what happens.

We will supervise, i know some of you guys are gonna say yea right, war isnt fair but who will come in? China? good, then we can beat their asses, take back our economy and get rid of our insane debt. I honestly dont know how to handle the russians. NATO will also have to be willing to help in a big way, i mean fighting infrantry, not damn medics and engineers. The germans need to make up for WW1 and WW2. Im tired of seeing americans doing all the dying and hearing about how much better european armies are.

Last edited by Slammy; 05-28-2009 at 09:28 PM.
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
exactly, i say we pull out, south korea has had 50 years to get ready for this day. We tell north korea that if they use nukes or any other country comes in that we will come in on the south korean side but otherwise we will sit back and see what happens.

We will supervise, i know some of you guys are gonna say yea right, war isnt fair but who will come in? China? good, then we can beat their asses, take back our economy and get rid of our insane debt. I honestly dont know how to handle the russians. NATO will also have to be willing to help in a big way, i mean fighting infrantry, not damn medics and engineers. The germans need to make up for WW1 and WW2. Im tired of seeing americans doing all the dying and hearing about how much better european armies are.
Do you want us to close our bases in every country and just sit back and watch from our land?
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Do you want us to close our bases in every country and just sit back and watch from our land?
Pretty much, they are a huge expense for a broke nation. Its not like america gets paid for being the world police. We are one of the few nuke capable countries that can actually launch a nuke to any point on the globe in seconds. Plus we have the CBG on patrol all over the world. I think with where the country is headed we will have no choice sooner or later.

Does being the world police mean so much to you that you would be willing to give american soil to the chinese? We are out of money man, completely and totally broke. Sooner or later china will want its money and since we have no way to repay it, they will ask for the one thing we have lots of and they need, land.

Im not down playing americas military role at all but i am more concerned about americas debt than america itself being attacked. Very few nations could even start to think about invading us and you cant just go down to your local black market and pick up a couple of nukes, much less an ICBM that can reach the US.

Last edited by Slammy; 05-28-2009 at 10:05 PM.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

North Korea is about to go bankrupt so they are doing this to save their country from going under. They had to prove the rockets and bombs they make are functional in order to sell any of them. With all of the crap going on over there I am sure a functional short to medium range nuclear bomb is going at a premium.

Just my $.02
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Bullet Sponge

We should just start taking over countries and sale them to China to pay off our debt. I wonder what they'd pay for North Korea
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
We should just start taking over countries and sale them to China to pay off our debt. I wonder what they'd pay for North Korea
Imagine the US government tax on that sale!!

post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Lifer

N. Korea saber-rattling???
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Meeeeooowww

I've got money on South Korea handing Kim"So Ronery" Dong and the Norks their asses on a plate.

post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN View Post
I've got money on South Korea handing Kim"So Ronery" Dong and the Norks their asses on a plate.
I totally agree. Considering the sad state of their population you can't tell me that their military is well prepared or well equipped. I just don't buy it. This is the same old crap we heard about Iraq, IE they were "battle hardened" from the Iran-Iraq war, etc, etc. It turned out to be total bullshit.

We should kick the shit out of these guys and then let South Korea have their peninsula back.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Censored

Quote:
I totally agree. Considering the sad state of their population you can't tell me that their military is well prepared or well equipped. I just don't buy it. This is the same old crap we heard about Iraq, IE they were "battle hardened" from the Iran-Iraq war, etc, etc. It turned out to be total bullshit.

We should kick the shit out of these guys and then let South Korea have their peninsula back.
Im sure N. Korea's people would not have a problem with it.

Doors Done Rite
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:16 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:

Don't that have large numbers? I mean, we can do some damage but we're not in the position we were 10 years ago to do something about it.

If I remember right, the doctrine was to just fall back and give up positions on the DMZ and beyond for an opportunity to regroup/reinforce before retaliating. Either way, US lives are probably going to be lost in the process if it does happen.

I'm just not sure where we are supposed to pull reinforcements from. Our OIF/OEF troops are doing several tours already. It's not like we have a huge reserve like we used to have.

Either way, this is ANOTHER situation where military technology can pay off 1000x over. This is ANOTHER reason why Obama pisses me off, as he's cutting spending on such things - while increasing it elsewhere. Guess we'll need to be fully invaded before we -remember- what it feels like to be on the shitty end of things. Obviously things like 9/11 were not enough.

Beyond that, everyone is right. Obama will not handle this correctly I'm sure. For all the faults Bush had, he handled business when we were getting pushed around and/or bitched.

Take care,

edit: wrote post in a hurry, don't have time to fix errors...sry.

My '03 Sold.
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger View Post
Im sure N. Korea's people would not have a problem with it.
Of course they would have a problem with it, they have been fed bullshit for decades. North Korea is like Iraq except they freely admit that they have WMDs. They openly threaten everyone they can. I'm interested to see what we do about that. I'm interested to see what the people at the top do about a country that is basically what we SAID Iraq was. These are the people who said they would be in favor of taking action as long in the right scenario. This is that scenario and they aren't going to do a god damn thing.

I don't buy into the whole isolationist thing. I also don't think we should go and occupy North Korea and spend a bunch of money to rebuild the place. Essentially I think we should just bomb the fuck out of them and remove them from the threat list. It's war and it is terrible and we should do our best to end it as soon as possible.
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Time Served

every action since wwll has been the same. russia/china - us / british . we just fuck up other countries instead of our own. china has had enough of his shit and so has russia. neither has much pull with the little faggot anymore. he's believing his own bullshit. he's dying and all the rest are running around in circles . they're broke and know their shit is about to implode . they fire one missile at us and it game on . they know it . obama cant stop it unless he wants a new address . i'm an old fart and have watched this shit go on forever . same dance just a different tune .

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 02:21 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
It will be the same as Israel and Iran. South Koreans will drop bombs on them before that time comes... Then pull out the Dae Woo DR-200's and blast away!

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Time Served

North Korea rattles it’s saber every time it needs MONEY, it is so used to other countries paying for it to shut up and be quit that and go back into it shell, that they think someone will do it again, Obama just may pay them of like Clinton did: He sent Citizen & Former President Carter to North Korea to try and Broker a deal because it was decided that North Korea was no place for him (Clinton) to go: From June 16 to 19, 1994, Carter rubbed elbows with Kim for a few days and then “dropped American demands that UN inspections resume inspections of nuclear war sites and that North Korea surrender its spent fuel rods [Carter] even said that the U.S. was dropping its support for sanctions at the UN, which wasn’t true It was at the Geneva talks that the Clinton Administration bent over and grabbed the ankles, despite the death of Kim Il Sung on July 8, 1994 (at which time his wacko son Kim Jong Il inherited “supreme power”). The “Agreed Framework” was signed by the United States and North Korea on Oct. 21, 1994 in Geneva. Clear breaches of international nuclear safeguards by giving it more nuclear power stations.” Yes, the Clinton Administration gave in to the demands of a deceiving, nefarious, nuclear-hungry, gulag building, and people starving, Communist regime. Not only were the nuclear reactors pledged; Clinton also agreed to Pay for and supply the North with”two reactors that would be constructed in North Korea by 2003 at a cost of $4 billion, primarily supplied by South Korea. 500,000 metric tons of fuel oil annually, as well as tons of grain — all in return for a promise to “freeze” all nuclear-weaponry ambitions. Clinton even provided the North Koreans, “with a written assurance that the United States was not contemplating launching an attack [or] seeking the destruction of North Korea, this agreement was good for 12 years.” Kim was home free.
Here’s what Obama’s team had to say about North Korea now "I don't think that anybody in the (Obama) administration thinks there is a crisis," Gates told reporters aboard his military jet.
http://download.premiereradio.net/gu...df/nailing.pdf
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Asi...ific/EM702.cfm
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../etc/cron.html

We donít need to restore the American Dream; we need to wake up from it.

When the rich run out of money, itís over.

Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 04:51 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I wish they would stop talking and start shooting so we can get this whole thing put to bed.

I'm thinking it needs to be done, but god damn if I want to go fight Koreans on their land. I prefer Hadji. :/
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Lifer

S. Korea....
They can hold their own.. besides there isn't much US presence there any more. Most of the personel, equipment and etc... was sent to Iraq. If a war DID kick off, there's tons of info to prove the North couldn't sustain for more than a week.........

the Biggest issue for S. Korea would be After the battle is won..... N. Korea would completely crush S. Koreas Economy....... You have a separation between two halves of a country that is worse off than Germany was..... S. Korea has prosperred (sp) for many years and the Country as a whole has much wealth...... But what they don't have is ENOUGH wealth to pay for all the N.Koreas, that have been on welfare for 50+ years.....

I have family in Korea....... They will tell you themselves, they would LOVE to see the north and south reunited............BUT NOT UNTIL the North has a decent economy and shows that they can support themselves...... Once they can do that (never happen under the current idiots reign) then the union of the north and south would happen alot more gradual and easier for Both economies.

When Germany reunited it was rough for the country, but they made it. I doubt S. Korea could economically recover from trying to support N. Korea. the whole area wpould end up Poor.......

85 SVO 2.7t coming soon
Old 438whp 1/8th??
Older 375whp [email protected]

We will never forget you WILD 42!
Friends I've Lost

Even if you make something dummy-proof, the world makes a better dummy.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:57 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Could China's economy handle a massive influx of impoverished North Korean refugees right now?

I think it's in China's best interest to see that NK stays a semi-stable state right now.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:37 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
Could China's economy handle a massive influx of impoverished North Korean refugees right now?

I think it's in China's best interest to see that NK stays a semi-stable state right now.
China will have their borders shut down unlike the U.S.

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Rolling with the homies

I wanted to post up this funny cartoon and I thought this thread was appropriate.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Lifer

Lmao!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement