No more American Flag hanging??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

No more American Flag hanging???

I didn't see this on the first page, which is where I figured/hoped it would be if it had been posted, so if its a repost, I think its worth it. It enrages me to see this actually happen.

Original Article Link w/ Video
http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism....2.1020415.html

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―

Is it okay to show your patriotism at the office?

For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."

McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa. McLucas said the supervisor took down Debbie's flag herself.

"The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said. But McLucas also said hospital higher ups had told her some patients' families and visitors had also complained.

"I was told it wouldn't matter if it was only one person," she said. "It would have to come down."

McLucas said hospital bosses told her as far as patriotism was concerned, the flag flying outside the hospital building would have to suffice.

Kindred Hospital Corporate Headquarters are located in Kentucky. They have yet to make a final decision on the matter. They have not returned our phone calls for comment.

The Kindred Hospital Corporation was chosen as Fortune's most admired for 2009. McLucas hopes they'll back her patriotism.

"I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag, what other freedoms will I lose before all is said and done," McLucas asked.

If you feel inclined to contact the Kindred Hospital here is there contact info

Contact Us
Kindred Healthcare
Corporate Headquarters
680 South Fourth Street
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
502-596-7300
800-545-0749

e-mail: [email protected]

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Mmmmm..... BEER !

Sick, just sick

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
I always thought grammer and spelling were some of the more important aspects in life, I mean after all, without it, we would all be doing your job for a living.
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:31 AM
insert something aqui

thats just insane

1991 lx 5.0

lil ol 302

Back In The Jackstand Racing Crew!

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 AM
you cant see me

what a bunch of bullshit
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Lifer

That's wrong on many levels. The hospital administrator needs to grow a spine and recognize what that flag symbolizes. One can just guess at the nationality of the persons making the complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Lifer

What is this country coming to? I put one in the bed of my truck on Memorial day and the 4th and drive around with it. wonder if they'll pull me over and tell me to take it out next time i do it? and what the fuck they come over here from another country and have OUR flag taken down because it's offensive to them? Why dont you go back to your country if you dont like my flag.
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Public Melt Down

In my opinion, if you live here and you don't like the fact that some people like to show their patriotism than leave. No one is stopping you. Last time I checked this was the USA and the people of America have the right to hang a flag. Why do we roll over and give any time some asshole from a forign country comes here and is ofended by an American custom.
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Lifer

Boot that African whore to the ocean.
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:49 AM
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
Eat that you piece of african trash!
(and for the record, i'm aware they can be anything from the dark end of the light spectrum to the right. . . . err, bright end of it)

post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:52 AM

That just down right infuriates me. My brother, a US Marine, fought in Iraq. My husband, US Army, fought in Iraq as well. Both of them tell me the horrors that happend while they were there, and how proud they are to be AMERICAN. Why are the soldiers fighting for our freedom, if we cant even display our pride for our nation. Fuck that.
post #11 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
Fucking Right.
post #12 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Worship me

I'd inform the hospital that I took offense to the fact that they hired some dirtbag from Africa.
post #13 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post
What is this country coming to?

It's turning into what we as a society make of it. There have been so many wars to ensure our freedom and liberties... and this is how they spend that luxury. makes me sick

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #14 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
. makes me sick
Me to, i dont even like reading the news anymore because of crap like this, makes me mad, depressed, and well sick to my stomach also. Being in the military and coming from a family that everyone joins and has fought in all those wars makes me think what the hell for, sometimes.
post #15 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame Canada View Post
In my opinion, if you live here and you don't like the fact that some people like to show their patriotism than leave. No one is stopping you. Last time I checked this was the USA and the people of America have the right to hang a flag. Why do we roll over and give any time some asshole from a forign country comes here and is ofended by an American custom.
Why would they leave? Once they realize, thanks to the liberals that they are not responsible for their actions and they can basically shit on America and everything it stands for then why leave. Do you think she would have pulled something like that when she first got here. Hell no. Something or someone and basically the whole attitude in this country Im starting to see more and more is starting to influence her as well as others like her to do what ever in the hell they want.
Immigrants will soon overpopulate the american born citizens and unless something changes. This continuous downward spiral of irresponsibility will completely dismantle America as we know it. I do believe that within 50 years America will be no longer. This country is still young in comparison and it needs another kick in the ass. Revolution anyone?
post #16 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:07 PM
A+
would read again

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
post #17 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
Revolution anyone?
In
post #18 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post
makes me think what the hell for, sometimes.

it's so assholes, like the one in the article, can abuse the rights people died to give them.. duh! It's their 1st amendment right, their 2nd amendment right, blah blah blah blah... most people just use those "amendments" to twist em how they see fit, to suit whatever fucked up purpose they think they're serving.

^

sorry, I get bitter when I see stuff like the article in this thread

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #19 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:13 PM
duh...duh....duh

I swear to God that if I had a place big enough to put up a flag at work, and someone tried to take it down - I'd break their fucking hands.

All the places I was overseas I never ONCE considered complaining about my host country's flags flying. It's just retarded. Holy fuck I'd be violent.

Shit like this and the other thread with the asshole bikers blocking highways DO spin me up. God help anyone blocking my progress to a hospital or something and also anyone touching my flags.

My '03 Sold.
post #20 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:14 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I'd inform the hospital that I took offense to the fact that they hired some dirtbag from Africa.
No shit. Who wants some savage from Africa telling them how medicine should be handled? (Insert Obama punchline)

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #21 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Lifer

It's their 1st amendment right to shit on our country/heritage? I wish someone would tell me to take my flag down from my desk, or better yet do it and put it on the floor when im not here. I would be pissed and have a few choice words with whomever the person was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
sorry, I get bitter when I see stuff like the article in this thread
Dont worry me too, makes me want to make a trip to Mansfield and have a little chat with this individual.
post #22 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
I swear to God that if I had a place big enough to put up a flag at work, and someone tried to take it down - I'd break their fucking hands.

All the places I was overseas I never ONCE considered complaining about my host country's flags flying. It's just retarded. Holy fuck I'd be violent.

Shit like this and the other thread with the asshole bikers blocking highways DO spin me up. God help anyone blocking my progress to a hospital or something and also anyone touching my flags.
damn beat me to it.
post #23 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:21 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

As a Veteran, I don't know exactly how I would react if something like that happened to me. I'm not 100% sure that I would be able to contain the rage that it would cause. I think there would be a good chance that I would lose my job over the ass kicking that would take place shortly after being asked to remove a US Flag from my desk..

There is some shit I simply will not stand for.
post #24 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Time Served

Unhappy

How can any person that has come to this country to enjoy the freedoms we grant here be offended by the ultimate symbol of that freedom on the day that we honor the patriots that fought and died for those freedoms? Why do we continue to let people such as this dictate policy? I am now sadened and at a loss for words....

Mike Huntzinger
Sales Mgr
[email protected]
817-849-3221
post #25 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:27 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
As a Veteran, I don't know exactly how I would react if something like that happened to me. I'm not 100% sure that I would be able to contain the rage that it would cause. I think there would be a good chance that I would lose my job over the ass kicking that would take place shortly after being asked to remove a US Flag from my desk..

There is some shit I simply will not stand for.
Yeah man, I usually back off a lot of things to maintain my job. This is one thing I'd not be able to deal with professionally. It would rate up there with raping the wife. Although, it would not be gun shot worthy as raping the wife would be...just below that line though.

My '03 Sold.
post #26 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
Why would they leave? Once they realize, thanks to the liberals that they are not responsible for their actions and they can basically shit on America and everything it stands for then why leave. Do you think she would have pulled something like that when she first got here. Hell no. Something or someone and basically the whole attitude in this country Im starting to see more and more is starting to influence her as well as others like her to do what ever in the hell they want.
Immigrants will soon overpopulate the american born citizens and unless something changes. This continuous downward spiral of irresponsibility will completely dismantle America as we know it. I do believe that within 50 years America will be no longer. This country is still young in comparison and it needs another kick in the ass. Revolution anyone?
x2

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #27 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Lifer

that lady should hang an African flag in her office and see what that other person says about it. would be interesting to see what is said/done.

92 FOX HB 5.0 SOLD
PREVIOUS-00 SALEEN SC281 SOLD
2007 F150 Super Crew
post #28 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Lifer

To ANYONE that finds the American flag "offensive", fuck off an get the hell out.

LPC: 56152
post #29 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Lifer

Dey took our flagzz!

post #30 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Time Served

I am American w/Mexican decent. I have served in the Marine Corps. It pisses me off when something like this happens. My belief for hispanics is if you want to hang the flag of your nation (mexico, cuba, puerto rico, etc.) you need to hang the American flag right next to it. I know people love the countries they come from but they are in the U.S. for a reason and that is this country is better. No buts about it and if you do not believe that, then go home. That goes for the stuck up europeans also. You don't like, then go back to Bloody Fukn England.

03 Cobra DSGvert
cai
upr/xpipe
magnaflow catback
2.76 pulley
amazon port eaton
billetflow idlers
post #31 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

The article has been updated... should turn out pretty interesting.

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
post #32 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 01:18 PM
reo
Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot

I can only hope that I can remain calm if someone told me to take down my Flag. I already have a hard enough time when I was going to college and dealing with the idiots there, sometimes you just want to bang your head on the wall. Thanks to the liberals and the foreign people pleasers, we won't be living in America the belief, or the idea, but merely a geological location...

-Eric

Official Adrenaline Donor
1971 Chevy C-10 LWB - 350/350 with some fun parts.
1999 GMC 2500 LWB

"Why do they call this route the 'Widowmaker'?"
"I'm not sure, maybe route 'Oh God we're all going to die' was taken..."
post #33 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 01:51 PM
DFWS

Quote:
Wednesday morning, however, our story received nationwide attention. We have received dozens of emails and comments from people who had something to say about it. And a receptionist at Kindred's headquarters told us they received many phone calls.

Then, late Wednesday morning, Kindred posted on its website a statement about the incident. It reads, in part: "The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up."
such a cop out!!!! it was too big give me a break at least someones voice was heard this time around.

you gotta love reading these comments
http://www.facebook.com/TXA21

Keepin' The Old School Alive

Last edited by scootro; 05-27-2009 at 02:00 PM.
post #34 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91 View Post
I am American w/Mexican decent. I have served in the Marine Corps. It pisses me off when something like this happens. My belief for hispanics is if you want to hang the flag of your nation (mexico, cuba, puerto rico, etc.) you need to hang the American flag right next to it. I know people love the countries they come from but they are in the U.S. for a reason and that is this country is better. No buts about it and if you do not believe that, then go home. That goes for the stuck up europeans also. You don't like, then go back to Bloody Fukn England.
Actually, they should hang the American flag OVER IT!!!!!

Mike Huntzinger
Sales Mgr
[email protected]
817-849-3221
post #35 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Lifer

I bet the African is telling herself that she did McLucas a favor because at least she didn't go outside and burn the flag like she originally was going to do.

The lack of patriotism and support for this country will only grow. Anyone who has children in school will know that our children are not receiving a thorough education on what sacrifices were made to get our country to where it is today.

I've met some African immigrants and talked at length with them about where they are from and why they are here. Even though there are children getting their arms chopped off in the villages where they are from, they are in the US mainly for the money and health care.

Just think of all those who died in vain for that flag. Sigh.
post #36 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Banned

A 3 foot by 5 foot flag of any sort in the middle of an office seems excessive to me. I think their reasoning for taking it down is ridiculous though. You shouldn't have to change up something because some one finds it offensive. I'm sure the guy from Africa speaks with an accent and I find that offensive so he shouldn't be allowed to talk. I still cant believe that it happened in Texas but hospitals aren't ran with integrity.
post #37 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:18 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
I bet the African is telling herself that she did McLucas a favor because at least she didn't go outside and burn the flag like she originally was going to do.

The lack of patriotism and support for this country will only grow. Anyone who has children in school will know that our children are not receiving a thorough education on what sacrifices were made to get our country to where it is today.
Ya know, on Memorial Day I attended a ceremony at a black cemetary that was forgotten and there are around 50 veterans in it. The Plano American Legion did the event, there was maybe 100-120 people there, mostly white. We were there because they were veterans, nothing to do with race.

Well, all was nice to me until a black preacher spoke up and indicated twice that we were there for black veterans. Not veterans, not THE black veterans now resting at that cemetary- just black veterans. I about walked out of there on the spot, but instead held it cool, left after taps and did not stay for the second prayer.

Now mind you, he was in front a a majority of veterans. We were there because they were veterans, but he could not help himself and put race up first.

My '03 Sold.
post #38 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Every day is.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
No shit. Who wants some savage from Africa telling them how medicine should be handled? (Insert Obama punchline)
GAWT DAMNED you sadistic, cruel, insensative, non caring, blunt bastid!

I'm buying you a beer first chance we meet.

LMMFAO

David
post #39 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Bullet Sponge

As a disabled vet, they'd take it down after they fired me
post #40 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Lifer

I just got off the phone with them. They claim there PR dept is getting ready for a statement and that Flag is back up. I asked what they are planning on doing to this person who disrespected the American Flag who was not even born a US citizen. I told them they have 48 hrs to let the public know what has happened to this African who needs to be put the next boat back to Africa if they get offened by the flag of the country they decided to come to and become a citizen of.
This is just complete Bullshit.

Rant off

Last edited by DFWtechie; 05-27-2009 at 02:49 PM.
post #41 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen4785 View Post
A 3 foot by 5 foot flag of any sort in the middle of an office seems excessive to me. I think their reasoning for taking it down is ridiculous though. You shouldn't have to change up something because some one finds it offensive. I'm sure the guy from Africa speaks with an accent and I find that offensive so he shouldn't be allowed to talk. I still cant believe that it happened in Texas but hospitals aren't ran with integrity.
The problem is, everone has to be P.C, and fair. If the cunt that complained, wanted to hang a flag of her own, they'd have to allow it, since they allowed the lady to hang the American flag. Doesn't make it right, but from an HR and Administrative standpoint, I understand why they asked her to take it down. The hospital is just trying to keep the peace between employees, and in doing so, they threw themselves under the bus and opened themselves up to a metric shit ton of bad press. I kinda feel bad for them.
post #42 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWtechie View Post
I told them they have 48 hrs to let the public know what has happened to this African

Or what? LMGDAO!!!
post #43 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Or what? LMGDAO!!!
I have website reseved that will draw nothing but negative attention to kindred. I told them I will launch it then.
post #44 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:53 PM
not exclude

Eh, I don't think it's as big a deal as it's made out to be. I wouldn't want someone putting up a huge flag (I wouldn't mind 3x5', but just as an example) in the office. Sounds like the size was the only real issue there.

<---MIA/POW flag in window right now
post #45 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Every day is.............

Quote:
I have website reseved that will draw nothing but negative attention to kindred. I told them I will launch it then.

Fear the fucking launch!

David
post #46 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

I bet they're shaking, trying to figure out how they will ever recover from such harsh acts.
post #47 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:55 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Oh god, don't blog about them!
post #48 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
Oh god, don't blog about them!
lol...

Glad I'm not the only one using common fucking sense here.
post #49 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The problem is, everone has to be P.C, and fair. If the cunt that complained, wanted to hang a flag of her own, they'd have to allow it, since they allowed the lady to hang the American flag. Doesn't make it right, but from an HR and Administrative standpoint, I understand why they asked her to take it down. The hospital is just trying to keep the peace between employees, and in doing so, they threw themselves under the bus and opened themselves up to a metric shit ton of bad press. I kinda feel bad for them.
Why would we have to let her? We are not in there country they are in ours, we shouldn't have to let someone put up their countries flag, if its such a great flag go back. They are up all over the place there
post #50 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I bet they're shaking, trying to figure out how they will ever recover from such harsh acts.
I could give shit less if they are shaking, tell me any company out there that wants negative publicity on the web.
It is not a harsh act, I am simply pissed that some fucktard from africa disrepected the American Flag while on company time, and Kindred told me that is basicly not there problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement