Letter from a Dodge dealer - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Letter from a Dodge dealer

I'd be willing to bet some of this guy's employees even voted for the Obamanation in 2008.

http://wallstreetpit.com/4434-george...a-dodge-dealer

My name is George C. Joseph. I am the sole owner of Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu, a family owned and operated business in Melbourne, Florida. My family bought and paid for this automobile franchise 35 years ago in 1974. I am the second generation to manage this business.

We currently employ 50+ people and before the economic slowdown we employed over 70 local people. We are active in the community and the local chamber of commerce. We deal with several dozen local vendors on a day to day basis and many more during a month. All depend on our business for part of their livelihood. We are financially strong with great respect in the market place and community. We have strong local presence and stability.

I work every day the store is open, nine to ten hours a day. I know most of our customers and all our employees. Sunshine Dodge is my life.

On Thursday, May 14, 2009 I was notified that my Dodge franchise, that we purchased, will be taken away from my family on June 9, 2009 without compensation and given to another dealer at no cost to them. My new vehicle inventory consists of 125 vehicles with a financed balance of 3 million dollars. This inventory becomes impossible to sell with no factory incentives beyond June 9, 2009. Without the Dodge franchise we can no longer sell a new Dodge as "new," nor will we be able to do any warranty service work. Additionally, my Dodge parts inventory, (approximately $300,000.) is virtually worthless without the ability to perform warranty service. There is no offer from Chrysler to buy back the vehicles or parts inventory.

Our facility was recently totally renovated at Chrysler's insistence, incurring a multi-million dollar debt in the form of a mortgage at Sun Trust Bank.

HOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN THIS HAPPEN?

THIS IS A PRIVATE BUSINESS NOT A GOVERNMENT ENTITY

This is beyond imagination! My business is being stolen from me through NO FAULT OF OUR OWN. We did NOTHING wrong.

This atrocity will most likely force my family into bankruptcy. This will also cause our 50+ employees to be unemployed. How will they provide for their families? This is a total economic disaster.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

I beseech your help, and look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Sincerely,

George C. Joseph
President & Owner
Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Lifer

Are you listening, Komrade Obama?
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
I voted for McCain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
LOL, do you think he gives a fuck?

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Chrysler is also refusing to buy back anymore parts inventory, is forcing the screwed dealers to sell all their exsisting vehicle inventory and is also requiring the screwed dealers to take delivery on any units they've ordered that haven't been delivered yet.

I can't put it any better than he did: HOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN THIS HAPPEN?

THIS IS A PRIVATE BUSINESS NOT A GOVERNMENT ENTITY

My business is being stolen from me through NO FAULT OF OUR OWN. We did NOTHING wrong.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

DFWMustangs.net
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Lifer

Corporate Redistribution of Wealth. This wont be the only one it happens to.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:12 PM
T-MINUS

When you start fucking over people to this level, shit begins to unwind.

I'd start blowing vehicles up.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post

I'd love to see that firework show.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post

He ought to sell them for a dime on the dollar and write the loss of on his taxes.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:47 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63 View Post
He ought to sell them for a dime on the dollar and write the loss of on his taxes.
Excellent Idea!
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:50 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63 View Post
Perfect! Sell me a Challenger for $4000.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:

1 word.

CHANGE

Fucking NoBama has been in office a few to many days.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Starting to smell some revolution in the air these days....

The 2nd amendment is starting to take effect more and more these days...
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 04:04 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceStang View Post
Starting to smell some revolution in the air these days....

The 2nd amendment is starting to take effect more and more these days...
Where I see this the most is with people that have money and the ability to finance some noise. Calm, rational people that are tired of getting fucked and see a bigger dick on the horizon.

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Founding Member

This country saddens me.

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 05:00 PM
DFWS

it's your business, your land, and your building!! it's their cars...

you own a new car dealership then the manufacturer owns you with loans an mortgages to pay for those loans
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Time Served

How can this happen in america? Simple, when you give away your source of wealth, our economy, what did you think was going to happen? People just dont fucking get it, we enjoyed the benefits of being such a wealthy powerful country because of the strong middle class.

When you start taking peoples job security away the whole country is going to collapse. All hail the mighty dollar, i mean we sell our own country to countries that buy it with wealth that used to be ours, its disgusting.

At this point i just hope that all hells breaks lose and the people force the government to pass laws against outsourcing so american people can work and have security. I mean why do/have we sacrificed so much thru the years to not have a right to that? This is america and shouldnt be happening here.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 04:22 AM
Lifer

It's amazing what happens when you elect a Bill Clinton over a Ross Perot. In '91, during the campaign, Perot sat there and told everyone that this would happen. He based his assumption on the affect NAFTA was starting to have on American businesses. I'd say he nailed it, dead-nuts.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Lifer

Change LMAO we sure as hell are getting it.

98 Brokra
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
It's amazing what happens when you elect a Bill Clinton over a Ross Perot. In '91, during the campaign, Perot sat there and told everyone that this would happen. He based his assumption on the affect NAFTA was starting to have on American businesses. I'd say he nailed it, dead-nuts.
I would kick ass if he started going on tv kicking dirt around saying he predicted this.

The closing of dealerships like this is going to make it hard for Dems to win in 2010.

Doors Done Rite
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Time Served

Quote:
It's beyond comrade. He is a Czar. We have Czars for everything lately, Car Czars, Environmental Czars,Credit Card Czars etc,etc,etc. My guess is it wouldn't be to long before he appoints a Czar that will tell you how often and when it will ok to shit and wipe your ass with toilet paper. And plan on a major tax on toilet paper real soon!

From A Beatles song from 1966, does any of this some familiar lately

Let me tell you how it will be,
There's one for you, nineteen for me,
'Cos I'm the Taxman,
Yeah, I'm the Taxman.
Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don't take it all,
'Cos I'm the Taxman,
Yeah, I'm the Taxman.
If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat,
If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.
Taxman.
'Cos I'm the Taxman,
Yeah, I'm the Taxman.
Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
'Cos I'm the Taxman,
Yeah, I'm the Taxman.
Now my advice for those who die,
Declare the pennies on your eyes,
'Cos I'm the Taxman,
Yeah, I'm the Taxman.
And you're working for no-one but me,
Taxman.
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:31 PM
IA2

This all started when chyrsler accepted money from the government, who is acting a lot like a mafia boss. You get a "payday" loan from obama and the next thing you know he's telling you what to do and when to do it, or he'll kneecap you. And, he is refusing to take TARP money back from banks that can repay it because he wants to keep exercising control over them.

This is an example of government spiraling out of control and doing things that it should never be involved with.

IMO all of the affected dealers need to start a class action lawsuit against the government.

The fools voted for change and hope. They got shock and awe instead.
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Lifer

Our country is changing in so many harmful ways it is scary. We have only scratched the surface of Obama and his radical liberal friends telling us how we will be so much better off with the government running things.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 09:41 AM

So let me get this straight...

You all seem to be saying that Chrysler should not be shutting down dealerships? IMO the biggest reasons that Chrysler and GM are in trouble are:

1. Designing cars and trucks that don't sell at the price the companies need them to to remain profitable. And the only way to move the vehicle is to sell it below the point at which the company can survive

2. Labor costs

3. Antiquated dealer system with too many sellers selling the same product. Leading to more steep discounting.

A company might survive with one or two of these issues but all three are a killer. Fed money or no, the manufacturers were closing dealerships. Heck, the Fed money postponed the bankruptcy filings (I said filings cause you know GM wants to do it, too.) and you could argue delayed the closing or these dealerships a bit. I won't but you could.
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post

You all seem to be saying that Chrysler should not be shutting down dealerships? IMO the biggest reasons that Chrysler and GM are in trouble are:

1. Designing cars and trucks that don't sell at the price the companies need them to to remain profitable. And the only way to move the vehicle is to sell it below the point at which the company can survive

2. Labor costs

3. Antiquated dealer system with too many sellers selling the same product. Leading to more steep discounting.

A company might survive with one or two of these issues but all three are a killer. Fed money or no, the manufacturers were closing dealerships. Heck, the Fed money postponed the bankruptcy filings (I said filings cause you know GM wants to do it, too.) and you could argue delayed the closing or these dealerships a bit. I won't but you could.
Of course government regulation of the car business has nothing to do with any of this, spin doctor.

Government oversite of the car business IS the problem. It has been the problem for decades, dummy!

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:

2. Labor costs

Did you read the letter and see the guys point? Imagine the government coming in ahnd taking your business away from you, which is what is happening to the guy. It doesn't make it right because your guy is in the office, it would be just as wrong if Bush or McCain were doing this.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Censored

Quote:

2. Labor costs

Its the markets choice of which stores close down, not the government.

To many dealers selling the same product. That is what we call a free market, lol, if they discount the car until the point they can't make anymore money thats the dealerships problem not the manufactuers. They all buy the car for the same price so what do they car what they sell it for?

Doors Done Rite
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Of course government regulation of the car business has nothing to do with any of this, spin doctor.

Government oversite of the car business IS the problem. It has been the problem for decades, dummy!
I am not arguing that gov regulation of the auto industry is either good or bad. I just find it odd that everyone seems to think Chrysler shouldn't close some dealerships. Most everyone here is a free marketer. I think the only reason that many are supporting the dealer is a knee-jerk reaction to be against Obama. (Hey I understand that. I was quick to jump on anything Bush-Cheney.) But if you look at as simply a business decision... someone had to lose a dealership. It is just unfortunate when it is a family owned one instead of a big corporately held one...
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:16 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

You know that in my book, Obama can suck a dick.

But in all honesty this would have happened even if the Feds didn't conduct a takeover of Chrysler and GM. It would have happened sooner though. In hindsight I think it was a huge mistake to throw cash at these guys without a bankruptcy. I'll admit that I was worried about the damage done if GM had gone into bankruptcy but seeing that it was going to happen anyways, I think the Feds should have left it alone and only provided money after they declared chapter 11.

My heart bleeds for fellas like George Joseph. They have done their jobs and made money. Jack Kent Dodge is a new dealership and very profitable but they are going to be closed too. But the fact stands that these two companies were fucked from the moment the credit crisis hit. These dealers were living on borrowed time from that point on. The left over dealers might not be in much of a better position because I fully expect Chrysler to totally fail and go Chapter 7 in a few years if not a lot sooner.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger View Post
Its the markets choice of which stores close down, not the government.

To many dealers selling the same product. That is what we call a free market, lol, if they discount the car until the point they can't make anymore money thats the dealerships problem not the manufactuers. They all buy the car for the same price so what do they car what they sell it for?
Manufacturers can and do control who sells a product all the time. They can also have some say in final pricing (M.S.R.P.) If you can't increase demand you can limit supply by reducing the number of a given item manufactured or limit the availability of the product by reducing vendors.

Free markets work for everyone... Manufacturer, vendor, consumer.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I am not arguing that gov regulation of the auto industry is either good or bad. I just find it odd that everyone seems to think Chrysler shouldn't close some dealerships. Most everyone here is a free marketer. I think the only reason that many are supporting the dealer is a knee-jerk reaction to be against Obama. (Hey I understand that. I was quick to jump on anything Bush-Cheney.) But if you look at as simply a business decision... someone had to lose a dealership. It is just unfortunate when it is a family owned one instead of a big corporately held one...
It is impossible to say which dealerships would be closed and which ones would not have closed if the market had been allowed to run itself. It was reported that the government may very well have a freaking 70% stake in GM before this is all done. Do you really think Obama and his administration are not pulling the strings at Chrysler and GM right now? Hell, Obama freaking fired the GM CEO recently, didn't he?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:47 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
It is impossible to say which dealerships would be closed and which ones would not have closed if the market had been allowed to run itself. It was reported that the government may very well have a freaking 70% stake in GM before this is all done. Do you really think Obama and his administration are not pulling the strings at Chrysler and GM right now? Hell, Obama freaking fired the GM CEO recently, didn't he?
Not only did they fire Wagoner, but it has been made clear that Fritz Henderson won't be CEO after the Bankruptcy.

Over at Chrysler, Treasury officials made them cut their marketing budget by half. They might as well pick up their ball and go home.

If there is a silver lining, it is that Ford is going to win out HUGELY in this. They are not forcing any dealers to close. They have a great product line in the making. Alan Mullaly really deserves a lot of credit for whipping them back into shape. There is still a lot of work for them to do but the progress they've made has come at a shockingly fast rate.
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Censored

Quote:
Manufacturers can and do control who sells a product all the time. They can also have some say in final pricing (M.S.R.P.) If you can't increase demand you can limit supply by reducing the number of a given item manufactured or limit the availability of the product by reducing vendors.

Free markets work for everyone... Manufacturer, vendor, consumer.
What do you think MSRP stands for? Manfacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price. Does that mean the dealer has to sell for that price? Fuck no, only an idiot would pay MSRP for a car.

Yes the Manufacturer can limit supply, but they are telling you close the store down.

What is wrong with "We are limiting supply to your dealership by 25%. We don't want anyone to lose there business, and job losses, so sell more used cars to stay in business, and keep giving us a good name?"

Chrysler was crying to dealers threating to take there right to sell New cars when dealerships were pushing used cars more than new Chryslers. Now they are saying we can't supply everyone with enough, so we have to close your business down.

Doors Done Rite

Last edited by big_tiger; 05-27-2009 at 11:22 AM.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger View Post
What do you think MSRP stands for? Manfacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price. Does that mean the dealer has to sell for that price? Fuck no, only an idiot would pay MSRP for a car.

Yes the Manufacturer can limit supply, but they are telling you close the store down.

What is wrong with "We are limiting supply to your dealership by 25%. We don't want anyone to lose there business, and job losses, so sell more used cars to stay in business, and giving us a good name?"

Chrysler was crying to dealers threating to take there right to sell New cars when dealerships were pushing used cars more than new Chryslers. Now they are saying we can't supply everyone with enough, so we have to close your business down.
X2 to all of that.

All this is going to do now is drive prices up and up.

Thanks Obama voters. You've made this an obamanation of a country. The demise of the USA as we know it.
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Came across this this morning...

"Big Dem Donor Group Gets to Keep Their 6 Chrysler Dealerships Open"

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...s-to-keep.html

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Not only did they fire Wagoner, but it has been made clear that Fritz Henderson won't be CEO after the Bankruptcy.

Over at Chrysler, Treasury officials made them cut their marketing budget by half. They might as well pick up their ball and go home.

If there is a silver lining, it is that Ford is going to win out HUGELY in this. They are not forcing any dealers to close. They have a great product line in the making. Alan Mullaly really deserves a lot of credit for whipping them back into shape. There is still a lot of work for them to do but the progress they've made has come at a shockingly fast rate.
You are exactly correct.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Worship me

Quote:
I am not arguing that gov regulation of the auto industry is either good or bad.
I didn't think you were. I was just telling you what the real problem with the auto industry is rather than all that baloney you listed.
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
You know that in my book, Obama can suck a dick.

But in all honesty this would have happened even if the Feds didn't conduct a takeover of Chrysler and GM. It would have happened sooner though. In hindsight I think it was a huge mistake to throw cash at these guys without a bankruptcy. I'll admit that I was worried about the damage done if GM had gone into bankruptcy but seeing that it was going to happen anyways, I think the Feds should have left it alone and only provided money after they declared chapter 11.

My heart bleeds for fellas like George Joseph. They have done their jobs and made money. Jack Kent Dodge is a new dealership and very profitable but they are going to be closed too. But the fact stands that these two companies were fucked from the moment the credit crisis hit. These dealers were living on borrowed time from that point on. The left over dealers might not be in much of a better position because I fully expect Chrysler to totally fail and go Chapter 7 in a few years if not a lot sooner.
This is a good, accurate, and honest answer in regards to closing a dealership. The fact is that this was going to happen with or without gov't involvement. How many letters would there be if Dodge just shut down?

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Lifer

My dad works for an autogroup in Dallas. Part of which is a pontiac/Buick dealer. From what I understood of a conversation I had with him over the closing of GM dealerships. There is a law in the state of Texas reguarding Franchises. Stating that the person selling the franchise, can NOT revoke that franchise from the purchaser. I've not looked up franchise law, but that dealer has began the process of filing law suit against GM and I guess effectively agains Big Bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
something I read everyday at work:

All things start as a dream
All dreams start as a plan
All plans consist of thought out steps
All steps are not without a price

Dream, plan, pay the price - DO IT!
LPC ID: black2002ls (22975)
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
My dad works for an autogroup in Dallas. Part of which is a pontiac/Buick dealer. From what I understood of a conversation I had with him over the closing of GM dealerships. There is a law in the state of Texas reguarding Franchises. Stating that the person selling the franchise, can NOT revoke that franchise from the purchaser. I've not looked up franchise law, but that dealer has began the process of filing law suit against GM and I guess effectively agains Big Bro.
Just like there are laws that say how bankruptcy is supposed to be followed in court yet BO has already ignored that one too...laws mean nothing to this man
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
You are exactly correct.
I hope so but I have a strong feeling that GM/Chrysler will not be on a fair playing field after bankruptcy and are givent MORE govt aid while Ford is stuck with their debts/balance sheet...how can they compete against Government Motors??

We have to hope that America is going to be more likely to buy Ford for not taking money and causing a bunch of bullshit...but unfortunately most people will go for the highly discounted chrysler/jeep/dodge/buick/pontiac/etc etc from all the closing dealerships because we have no morals.

Personally I refuse to buy ANY gm/chrysler products that will help them make a profit until they can repay borrowed tax money (which is highly unlikely to ever happen)
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Time Served

I read that the government is hoping that imported chinese cars will save GM. Once again, america relying on china.....fuck that shit. I hope GM goes down in fucking flames.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Time Served

i see were your coming from 100% im a tech at all american chevrolet in midland tx. i went from running a little over a 100 hours a pay period down to 14 this last one its a bit damn rediculusif you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what does he have a damn thing to do with family ran bussnies
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 07:26 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats M Life View Post
I hope so but I have a strong feeling that GM/Chrysler will not be on a fair playing field after bankruptcy and are givent MORE govt aid while Ford is stuck with their debts/balance sheet...how can they compete against Government Motors??

We have to hope that America is going to be more likely to buy Ford for not taking money and causing a bunch of bullshit...but unfortunately most people will go for the highly discounted Chrysler/jeep/dodge/buick/pontiac/etc etc from all the closing dealerships because we have no morals.

Personally I refuse to buy ANY gm/Chrysler products that will help them make a profit until they can repay borrowed tax money (which is highly unlikely to ever happen)
People don't buy cars based on morals. Hell, we don't buy much of anything based on morals. If we did, Walmart would be out of business due to how shitty Chinese workers are treated.

People generally do what they perceive as being the best thing for their wallets. GM, Chrysler, and Ford have all been dealing with the perception that they make an inferior product. GM and Ford have made HUGE improvements in their product lines over the last 5 years (especially Ford) but the perception has been slow to change.

With this bankruptcy, most people are going to go under the perception that GM is not a company that can be trusted. Buying a car is usually the 2nd biggest transaction that people make during their lifetimes. They are going to be less likely to buy a car from a company that they think will disappear. Through its bankruptcy, Chrysler has already cast aside any product liability from past sales. I'm betting that GM will do the same. After declaring bankruptcy, Chrysler put up to $4000 in rebates on their cars and an additional $1000 in loyalty bonuses but indications are that their sales haven't budged in most parts of the country. I expect GM to do something similar after June 1st. I actually like several GM products but I think there is a very good chance that GM and Chrysler could go into Chapter 7 after a couple of years. Basically, they would have to offer me A LOT of cash on the table to get me to take that risk. I think that is going to be the case for a lot of people.

As I've stated before, I think Ford is going to be the big winner out of this. They have moved very quickly to get their house in order. Ford reduced their quarterly cash burn by half in the last quarter. They beat wall street expectations by nearly 50%. Mulally has streamlined production and is retooling manufacturing to be less affected by changes in demand. Mulally also had the foresight (or luck) to secure billions of dollars in loans before the credit crunch. IMO if GM had done the same thing, they wouldn't be going into bankruptcy on Monday.

It does sadden me that at a time when GM is producing some of the best products in its history it is going to go into bankruptcy. It has cars that are very competitive with the Japanese and Koreans (Caddy CTS, Malibu, Acadia, Enclave, Camaro, etc, etc) but it may just be too little too late. Chrysler is pretty much getting off lightly because it really does deserve Chapter 7. Chrysler took a very good product line and turned it to shit in less than a decade. Only the Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Viper, and Dodge Ram stand out as great vehicles and the Viper won't be here for much longer.
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Got Lateral G's??

I predict that his "90 days to profitabilty" for GM is going to fail miserably and might take 2 years to sort out. Then I predict a "well, UAW, you are going to have to go too to make this work, sorry." and the fucker will get Hoffa'd as a warning to all democrats to take their ideals and shove it up their fucking asses.

It's sad really that things are going to have to get SO terribly bad for people to move back toward the right.......but as Mr. White has said...."You can't fix Stupid."

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement