Military Personnel Ordered To Comply With Illegal Private Firearms Registration - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Military Personnel Ordered To Comply With Illegal Private Firearms Registration

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An alarming document sent to us by an Infantryman based out of Fort Campbell Kentucky shows that active duty military personnel are being secretly ordered to submit information to their Chain of Command on how many firearms they own privately, their location, as well of details of any Concealed Carry permits.

Though the order was apparently rescinded, the fact that active duty soldiers are being asked to submit every detail of their private firearm collection is a telltale sign that the second amendment is in dire straights. Furthermore, Alex Jones has personally confirmed that such directives are being issued all over the country.

The directive orders active duty personnel to report details of all privately-owned firearms to their Chain of Command, as well as future firearms purchases.

The memorandum was sent to us by a concerned 11B Infantryman based at Fort Campbell. In his e mail, the man expresses his shock at being ordered to comply with what amounts to a registration of privately-owned firearms.

Link to Military Document and rest of editorial.

http://www.infowars.com/military-per...-registration/

You will see in the write up that this is not a case of firearms owned by military personnel that will be stored in the armory on base, but firearms stored off base at military personnel's private residence.

1989 coupe
2006 R6S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:06 AM
T-MINUS

Yeah. No. I sincerely feel our time to fight back is getting short.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:13 AM
duh...duh....duh

I don't know since I did not own any firearms when enlisted. I did know that if you were a barracks soldier you had the option of storing firearms in the armory, which I'd assume you'd have to more or less register it to use it. Personal firearms were not permitted in the rooms themselves. (Good thing too, bunch a drunk ass troops be shooting each other)

I do not know exactly what was expected of soliders living in on-base housing or off-base. I'd suspect they'd want to know for on-base housing.

I guess what I'm getting at, is sometimes I see people get spun up over supposedly "new" military requirements. When in actuality they've always been required or were just poorly enforced before.

My '03 Sold.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Token Troll

Ya...I don't quite know what to make of this. What are they going to do...disarm military personel?

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Time Served

The last thing you want when your about to overthrow a government is armed men and women trained in the art of warfare. The communists,whoops meant the AIPAC democrats know this
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Time Served

"First they came…" by Martin Niemöller, a German intellectual during the rise of Nazi Germany says it all during these times:

"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
Then they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
I did not protest;
I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out for me."

Mike Huntzinger
Sales Mgr
[email protected]
817-849-3221
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 06:21 PM

Humm....this has not made it Ft Hood yet. If you live off post you do not have to report any guns. Now if you live on post then yes you do have to register the guns with the Provost Marshall.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
I don't know since I did not own any firearms when enlisted. I did know that if you were a barracks soldier you had the option of storing firearms in the armory, which I'd assume you'd have to more or less register it to use it. Personal firearms were not permitted in the rooms themselves. (Good thing too, bunch a drunk ass troops be shooting each other)

I do not know exactly what was expected of soliders living in on-base housing or off-base. I'd suspect they'd want to know for on-base housing.

I guess what I'm getting at, is sometimes I see people get spun up over supposedly "new" military requirements. When in actuality they've always been required or were just poorly enforced before.
There's a much simpler reason behind the whole registering ur guns at the armory on base thing. As crazy as the avg enlisted non-rate or nco is, would you want them to have 24/7 access to their guns?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 PM
dee
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I agree shit is not looking good.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
There's a much simpler reason behind the whole registering ur guns at the armory on base thing. As crazy as the avg enlisted non-rate or nco is, would you want them to have 24/7 access to their guns?
I don't see a problem with them having easy access to their own guns. Y'know, the whole second ammendment thing.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Lifer

when i lived on base it was mandatory that if you owned a firearm and kept it in your base house it had to be registered with the base armory and if you lived in a dorm it had to be stored at the armory, but if you lived off base they could give a fuck less.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:12 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnobles06 View Post
when i lived on base it was mandatory that if you owned a firearm and kept it in your base house it had to be registered with the base armory and if you lived in a dorm it had to be stored at the armory, but if you lived off base they could give a fuck less.
That is pretty much the rule. If you're on post, you've got to register it. If you in the barracks, it has to be locked up in the armory.

Of post it is your business.

Looking at the document, I find it hard to believe that this is any sort of policy that the Army is implementing. The memorandum was issued by at the Company level, not the Battalion, Regiment, or Post level. There is no other evidence given. If more evidence is presented, I might change my mind.

Company Commanders are usually the rank of Captain but even a 2nd LT can be in charge. It is easy to see how an overzealous butterfinger bar could do something this stupid. I speculate that at some point, the chain of command got involved and someone got bitch slapped. That is why the order was rescinded.

You know, we've got enough to worry about in the fight to protect our 2nd amendment rights. We've got a President that really would love put national gun control into effect and a Congress that seems to be itchin' to do it despite what history has shown them. A dipshit commander that over stepped his authority is pretty small in my list of concerns..
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:47 PM
PAN

Quote:

I agree whole heartedly and at the same time realize that we are all too spineless to do so.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
I agree whole heartedly and at the same time realize that we are all too spineless to do so.
Maybe. It will take one guy to stand up and get mowed down. And when the citizens see that the government will do what it has to for control, a movement will begin to build.

Or, a bonafide leader that steps up with a sane cry for reform.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Lifer

I just talked to my friend who's stationed at Ft Campbell.

He said its because of the high number of suicides they've been experiencing.

Within his Battalion of 800, they've had 3 in the past month.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 12:56 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black90gt View Post
I just talked to my friend who's stationed at Ft Campbell.

He said its because of the high number of suicides they've been experiencing.

Within his Battalion of 800, they've had 3 in the past month.
riiiiiight because registering guns would stop that...

If that's the case, then someone in the chain of command really too leave of their senses.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
I don't see a problem with them having easy access to their own guns. Y'know, the whole second ammendment thing.
You've clearly never lived in barracks with hundreds of 18-22yr olds who like to do nothing but drink.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Time Served

with overactive egos and nothing to do, to boot. yeah i understand registering guns on base, but not off. i agree, i think this deal was an overzealous co. commander, not on a large level. but it does show what if.

2008 Freightliner Columbia -- daily driver
2010 Jeep unlimited Rubicon
1991 toyota pickup with a few mods.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 02:00 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
You've clearly never lived in barracks with hundreds of 18-22yr olds who like to do nothing but drink.
No shit!!! I cant tell you how many times I was shot with a airsoft gun from the AC vents.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 PM
PAN

Quote:
Maybe. It will take one guy to stand up and get mowed down. And when the citizens see that the government will do what it has to for control, a movement will begin to build.

I'm leaning towards the latter. One at a time we won't resist until, finally, there is no one left with whom to stand...
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 05:50 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. I know normal civilians have their crazy people and those hardcore college kids...they can do some crazy things.

Anyway, just the environment makes you different. I've seen best friends get drunk, talk shit and then try to throw each other over a 3rd story railing. These were friends, people who dislike each other to begin with...there would be a lot of shootin' when the alcohol gets flowing. I personally will never mix alcohol and guns.

Plus, it is not THEIR private space. It is the US Army's to do with what they please. The only military that has true private space is those who live off base. (I've even seen that entered when troop was AWOL and there was a nasty smell inside. Turns out just a bunch of rotten food in the fridge)

My '03 Sold.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
*sigh* http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Eatin that rainbow stew

Both me & my room mate had guns in our room when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, we kept them under the floor of our wall lockers. Neither one of us wanted to check them into the armory not only for obvious reasons (like not having access to my own damn guns), but I don't like the idea of some armorer fingerbanging my shit. We were shitty drunk plenty of times, got into fights in the barracks, and other stupid shit, and neither one of us ever pulled them on anyone. Sorry, but I wouldn't register shit.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbaganoosh View Post
Both me & my room mate had guns in our room when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, we kept them under the floor of our wall lockers. Neither one of us wanted to check them into the armory not only for obvious reasons (like not having access to my own damn guns), but I don't like the idea of some armorer fingerbanging my shit. We were shitty drunk plenty of times, got into fights in the barracks, and other stupid shit, and neither one of us ever pulled them on anyone. Sorry, but I wouldn't register shit.
Sounds like a good way to end up in the brig.

Give me a dollar.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Wolverines!!!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbaganoosh View Post
That makes you one sober, retarded LCpl out of tens of thousands....

The amount of retarded shit I saw in 29 Palms and Lejeune without guns makes me a believer that young, drunk, pissed off, retarded, Marines should not have access to their guns 24/7.

How many boots do u know that came home from Margarita Rocks or the Rusty Spur or the Purple Church and got NJP'd for doing stupid shit...now imagine all of those rtards with guns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement