I think this is BS - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Lifer

It's really frustrating when you read 3-4 stories per day that are an embarrassment to this country and the ideals it is based on. Stealing people's land to build a memorial, I never thought I would see the day. However, it is upon us. Congratulations, Obamaites, you got the change you wanted.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Resident Epicurean

What a bunch of fucking cocksuckers. 'Don't want to sell it? Fine, we'll just condemn it, and you're fucked' sounds a hell of a lot like 'I'm telling!'. Just sayin.....

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Im wondering what's wrong with a "Historical Marker --->" sign that costs $500 and can be put on an already established government easement?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Im wondering what's wrong with a "Historical Marker --->" sign that costs $500 and can be put on an already established government easement?
Exactly, we don't need a 50+ million dollar momument from every bad thing thats happend here.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Token Troll

I like how their condemning....nothing. What's to condemn? The burnt grass?

Thieves, just plain thieves.

How big does this really need to be? 2,200 acres?? Holy crap!

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Worship me

2200 acres? My God what a disgrace this country has become.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Out

I keep getting asked, "What's the straw that'll break the camel's back in order to get some sort of organized opposition to this circus of a government?"

Well folks, if this isn't it, I don't know what is. Thank goodness it's not my land. I'd be on the next thing smokin' to the States and going in debt to buy all the fire power I can handle. They'd have to earn that little chunk of land.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr View Post
I'm still baffled as to how anyone thought eminent domain was a good idea. We let that get passed right under our noses by allowing the people we put in office to vote for it. Presumably under the guise that "surely our gov't won't overstep it's boundaries and do something against the people".
....... It's in the constitution. It's not like eminent domain is a new idea, it's a hold over from English common law.
That being said this is not a good use of the takings clause...kind of like all those houses that got "bought" up so the NE mall could be built.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Factory Issue

ED is still a good idea, but only if it's used in the ways it was intended, like taking land for roads. Why do they need 2200 acres? Why not 10 acres for a statue and a parking lot? The world is not a damned attic!

Give me a dollar.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:04 PM
reppin tha westside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
....... It's in the constitution. It's not like eminent domain is a new idea, it's a hold over from English common law.
That being said this is not a good use of the takings clause...kind of like all those houses that got "bought" up so the NE mall could be built.

Or the Arlington takeover to build Jerryworld.

Fuckers. I understand the "need" for some sort of memorial, but 2200 acres???

Some senators brother in law is gonna get rich off of building that fucker, guaranteed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Token Troll

If its any consolation, the gub'ment is only "stealing" 500 acres of private land. I guess the other 1,700 is already gub'ment owned.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Lifer

Complete and utter bullshit.

No disrespect to the families of those who died, but the fact that they are sitting and acting innocent while letting private property be stolen to build this chapps my ass. They are pushing for others people's land to be stolen, and Stealing is not the way to honor anyone.

Buy an acre or two right where the plane crashed and build a memorial. Build a wall with their names, have a sculpture built, and honor those who died in an honorable way.

How big is the Vietnam War Memorial Wall/Area, and why do they need 2,200 Acres?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Bullet Sponge

So nothing was done for 8 years, but now with Obama in office, we HAVE to have a memorial of 2200 acres? What in the hell?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
It's really frustrating when you read 3-4 stories per day that are an embarrassment to this country and the ideals it is based on. Stealing people's land to build a memorial, I never thought I would see the day. However, it is upon us. Congratulations, Obamaites, you got the change you wanted.
This post is (unfortunately) spot on.

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr View Post
I stand corrected.

Was this voted in to be adopted on the State level here in Texas?

I recall when a lot of residents in the Winona (Smith County) area had to fight for their land just shortly after the law was freshly discussed on a regular basis on the news. I got the impression at that time that it was fairly new.

Maybe I wasn't paying good enough attention at that time.
Nah ED is a very, very, very old principle. This isn't the first decade it's been abused either. The worst perpetrators over the years have actually been the states and local govt's. Good Ole Bush actually put an Executive Order through to try and help curb ED abuse, but as this shows I'm sure no one paid much attention to it.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Lifer

This sort of thing is nothing new. Land for the Gettysburg National (Military) Park, for instance, was acquired through condemnation authority.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 PM
PAN

Why the hell hasn't one of our resident nut huggers been in to explain to us why this is not an atrocity, but is instead exactly what is needed...
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 AM
The Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
Nah ED is a very, very, very old principle. This isn't the first decade it's been abused either. The worst perpetrators over the years have actually been the states and local govt's. Good Ole Bush actually put an Executive Order through to try and help curb ED abuse, but as this shows I'm sure no one paid much attention to it.
i would say the worst historical perpetrator of ED has to be the catholic church. They pretty much owned france.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Time Served

Reminds me of Bewsters Millions where he was trying to find money to blow on stupid shit! Who gives a shit? I mean really, its a plane crash...so what.

Hurry up guys, we need to GUARANTEE we are in so much debt to china that we are truly fucked!

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
i would say the worst historical perpetrator of ED has to be the catholic church. They pretty much owned france.
Yea but it's France...Fuck France
Sponsored Links
Advertisement