Who benefits from swine flu? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Who benefits from swine flu?

Nice little article. When flu season comes don't forget your TAMIFLU!!!

http://www.infowars.com/flu-pandemic...da-and-profit/

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

I breezed over it, and agree. We have had many discussions about this in our ER. The doctors are all worried the over treatment of the H1N1 virus is going to lead to a more resistant strain in the fall. I talked to a pharmaceutical rep that works on flu vaccines and he said if they are lucky, they might have a vaccine by August/September...which might be to late. Tamiflu will help with the symptoms but wont do anything to help the virus itself. The body just has to fight it off. The body needs to build an antibody to the proteins that the virus makes...this is the only real way to cure a virus outbreak. Vaccines are usually made of these proteins excreted by the virus. This allows our body to have a head start and build antibodies against the foreign proteins.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

I won't be taking the vaccine when it comes out. I don't trust those crooks at all!

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
I breezed over it, and agree. We have had many discussions about this in our ER. The doctors are all worried the over treatment of the H1N1 virus is going to lead to a more resistant strain in the fall. I talked to a pharmaceutical rep that works on flu vaccines and he said if they are lucky, they might have a vaccine by August/September...which might be to late. Tamiflu will help with the symptoms but wont do anything to help the virus itself. The body just has to fight it off. The body needs to build an antibody to the proteins that the virus makes...this is the only real way to cure a virus outbreak. Vaccines are usually made of these proteins excreted by the virus. This allows our body to have a head start and build antibodies against the foreign proteins.
I posted this a while ago, so I'll just cut/paste a portion of it...

The world's largest flu vaccine maker (some French co.) said they could probably get something into production by September. That's 5 months.

And on top of that, that might not be the best idea.
Because of the capital involved, they would basically have to choose between making vaccines for swine flu or for seasonal flu. Seasonal flu causes at least 500,000 deaths yearly... and so far there have been 31 [updated] confirmed swine flu deaths.

When new flu outbreaks occur they don't usually go large scale. Sometimes it just can't maintain itself in the human population. Every victim has to infect more than one other person...

It's too early to tell what's going to happen so no one is taking that gamble yet.

You obviously get more interaction w/ drug reps than I do... do you think they are going to pursue a "A/2009 H1N1" vaccine?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Top 04 Snake View Post
I won't be taking the vaccine when it comes out. I don't trust those crooks at all!
Look at what happened at Fort Dix last time this popped up...

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
I posted this a while ago, so I'll just cut/paste a portion of it...

The world's largest flu vaccine maker (some French co.) said they could probably get something into production by September. That's 5 months.

And on top of that, that might not be the best idea.
Because of the capital involved, they would basically have to choose between making vaccines for swine flu or for seasonal flu. Seasonal flu causes at least 500,000 deaths yearly... and so far there have been 31 [updated] confirmed swine flu deaths.

When new flu outbreaks occur they don't usually go large scale. Sometimes it just can't maintain itself in the human population. Every victim has to infect more than one other person...

It's too early to tell what's going to happen so no one is taking that gamble yet.

You obviously get more interaction w/ drug reps than I do... do you think they are going to pursue a "A/2009 H1N1" vaccine?
Yes...from what I have been told, they are pushing very hard into this swine flu vaccine. Like your article said, they kind of have to pick one or the other. He also said that one of the biggest hurdles is going to simply be finding enough glass bottles to put the vaccines in. The way all the major companies are going to try and crank out the vaccine, there is going to be a shortage of bottles.

The flu vaccine is always a hit or miss... They prepare a vaccine for the 3-4 most virulent strains and make the vaccine for those. As we can see from last year, the vaccine didnt really work. Another strain of the flu was the major cause of the flu last year.

This year will be interesting. I know I will more than likely get both vaccines (swine and regular). I work at a hospital and dont have to much of a choice...if I dont get the vaccines, and get sick, I sign a waiver saying it is not the hospitals fault. Working in the ER, we are exposed to all sorts of crap so if it is possible to prevent, I will probably get the vaccine.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 01:33 PM
T-MINUS

I don't remember the part in The Stand where they even had time to rush forward with a vaccine...

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Chinese farmers that produce Chinese Star Anise profit the most from it.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:15 PM
LUCIFER

The reps I've talked with state the same, several pharmacuetical companies are assisting in trying to have a vaccine by fall due to the increase in swine flu they expect as it gets colder.
They are working on MDV Vials & the single dose syringes like Fluarix is how they want to distribute it, if they ever create a vaccine.
As far as regular flu this year is going to be a mess between the two, you'll see a huge increase in doctors visits, as well as ER's, clinics, etc from many people who have any symptoms they think relate to the flu or fearing swine flu.
We're waiting for our yearly order of regular Flu Vax, and are already stocked up well on Tamiflu, Relenza, & Amantadine.
All you can do is wait and see what happens....

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:17 PM
LUCIFER

Also, several medication wholesalers for medical facilities got smart and made all Tamiflu & Relenza that is ordered during this crisis unreturnable!
I'm regretting getting as much as I did but we had to be safer than sorry.
They won this battle but not the war! LOL

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
PAN

Are we being conditioned to over react?

"US public at risk from complacency over flu -CDC 06 May 2009 2337 GMT
Source: Reuters
(For full coverage of the flu outbreak, click [nFLU])

* As fear of flu subsides, CDC concerned about complacency

* CDC officials worried H1N1 could return in the fall

By Matthew Bigg

ATLANTA, May 6 (Reuters) - The U.S. public could become more vulnerable to a flu pandemic if complacency about the need for heightened vigilance sets in, health experts said on Wednesday.

Those concerns would escalate if the H1N1 virus that has killed two people in the United States and made 642 others sick mutates into a more virulent form by the start of the traditional flu season in the fall.

In all, there are 1,516 confirmed cases of the swine flu virus in 22 countries, according to the U.N. World Health Organization.

But in the United States fear about flu appears to have subsided since the epidemic came to public attention more than two weeks ago because many cases appear to be mild.

"The risk of complacency, or a sense that we have weathered this, is a serious one," said Stephen Redd, director of Influenza Coordination at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta."

Or do the dumbasses in charge instead realize that they over reacted and are attempting to play it off?

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N06283215.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement