Anyone else have a balance on their CC? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Anyone else have a balance on their CC?

So I was just sitting here, being bored off my ass, thinking with every other company being bailed out why shouldnít the general consumer be helped out as well? I mean I work hard pay my bills on time and have stuff I'm proud of, but every once and awhile something will pop up that requires the use of my Credit Card. So if they can bail out all the dumb asses that put this country in the state weíre in, why canít they wipe out the balance on hardworking Americans cards and let us be bailed out as well? I'm sorry for rambling and complaining a little bit, but I'm tired of working my ass off to support illegalís, drug dealers, and lazy bastards that buy stuff they canít afford to pay for.

Feel free to discuss and blow off steam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

I'm right there with you on this one. Granted, my card does not have a large limit, it is still carrying a balance right now.

When will people understand that a recession is caused when the PEOPLE stop/slow their spending and it will only end when the PEOPLE decide to start spending again? Help the PEOPLE and the economy reaps the benefits.

I'm not saying that the people need ALL of their debt wiped clean. But if the government is dead set on bailing out a bank, the bank needs to use the money to clean up some of the bad/excessive debt to free up money to lend.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

yep I think you nailed it, I wasn't saying that I had a large balance that I cant afford, I can afford it it just chaps my ass to see my hard earned money GIVEN away to people that don't work for it / exceeded their limits.

I think I would be more tempted to spend money on things again if I wasn't so worried about saving for the long run.

I think iff you're going to reward ppl for "keeping up with the Jones' " and going belly up, maybe you should also reward people that can budget their money and live within their means.

Oh wait, silly me I forgot about that lovely stimulus check that's added on to my paycheck every other week, Thank you MR. president

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Lifer

I think you should pay off your shit and stay out of the mindset that someone could come along, hold your hand, wave a magic wand and make a financial crisis disappear.

That shit's got to stop somewhere or this country will implode!

I do agree that it's not fair that some cocksuckers squandered away millions or billions of dollars on some dumbass decisions and they get bailed out. If someone fucks up, they need to be ran off, PERIOD. Someone with a better head on their shoulders needs to take the reigns and get their finances back on track. If I rack up a credit card bill on some car parts, it's my decision to do so and I will pay for it. If I fall behind on payments and my APR goes through the roof, it's my fault and my fault only. I signed a contract stating that I would pay for my charges in a timely manner or I would suffer the consequences.

Again, I do agree that it's not fair, but the shit's got to stop somewhere. Motherfuckers that got this country in the sad state that it's in today need to be ran the fuck off...from the bottom rung, all the way to the idiots in congress (and even higher up if necessary) that allowed this chain of events to occur.

Quote:
Help the PEOPLE and the economy reaps the benefits.
Spare the rod, spoil the child.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

FUCK THAT SHIT.

I busted my ass to get where I am. I've got NO credit card debt. I sold my Mustang GT so I could cut down on expenses and pay off my wife's car faster. I'm busting my ass and making the sacrifices needed to get my family where it needs to be.

Enough of my tax dollars are going to bail out those fuckers on wall street and Detroit. I don't need any more of my money (or the money of the next three generations) going to pay your fuckin' credit card.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Lifer

i dont do credit cards.its a no win deal.

ill sell anything i have to get by if i have to.i think once you get wrapped up in cc's your fucked unless you hit the lotto.

to many freinds going down that road,i feel for them.

RON PAUL '08
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
FUCK THAT SHIT.

I busted my ass to get where I am. I've got NO credit card debt. I sold my Mustang GT so I could cut down on expenses and pay off my wife's car faster. I'm busting my ass and making the sacrifices needed to get my family where it needs to be.

Enough of my tax dollars are going to bail out those fuckers on wall street and Detroit. I don't need any more of my money (or the money of the next three generations) going to pay your fuckin' credit card.
HELL YA MAN!!!

I repeat, FUCK THAT SHIT!!!

I do not have a credit card, I choose to live within my wages and I save money. Put 5-6k in a separate account and use that as your "Emergency Fund".

I'm not busting my fucking ass and keeping out of debt so I can pay off someone elses shit!!!!!

2006 Mustang GT
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 PM
IA2

I can think of a couple of reasons.

1. You did not give obama/frank/dodd/etc a lot of money, so you get no money.

2. You are probably not a minority or an illegal, so no possibility of currying favor and getting a vote, so you get no money.

3. You are probably not poor (which also ties into #2), so you get no money.

4. You probably don't have a type of business that the DC people favor (ie: green companies, etc), so you get no money.

5. You probably were responsible with your mortgage, so you get no money.

6. You are probably a hard working, honest, responsible person, so you get no money.

Hell, someone's got to pay for all of this, right? Guess who it is?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
I'm right there with you on this one. Granted, my card does not have a large limit, it is still carrying a balance right now.

When will people understand that a recession is caused when the PEOPLE stop/slow their spending and it will only end when the PEOPLE decide to start spending again? Help the PEOPLE and the economy reaps the benefits.

I'm not saying that the people need ALL of their debt wiped clean. But if the government is dead set on bailing out a bank, the bank needs to use the money to clean up some of the bad/excessive debt to free up money to lend.
People are maxed out because they borrowed everything they could to continue their greedy self-centered life of over consumption. Now that the drunken binge of debt ridden excesses is over you think the way to fix the problem is to help everyone borrow more and spend more again.

They tried the same thing in 1929, same thing in Japan 1990. People will happily swallow this spendig-save-the-world bull. In capitalism, there are winners and loosers. The looser's assets get bought up by the winners when they file for bankruptcy. The winners then go on to thrive and create more jobs. We will be mired in a recession/depression for another 10 years, the way these guinesses are going by keeping zombie companies alive.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
HELL YA MAN!!!

I repeat, FUCK THAT SHIT!!!

I do not have a credit card, I choose to live within my wages and I save money. Put 5-6k in a separate account and use that as your "Emergency Fund".

I'm not busting my fucking ass and keeping out of debt so I can pay off someone elses shit!!!!!
whoa calm down killer I'm not saying I want anyone to pay my shit, what i was saying is if they are going to give money to someone it might as well be the ppl that didnt fuck shit up. If you just give it back to the ppl that couldnt manage/ budget their money, in a couple of years we will be right back to where we are now.

read this clearly i am not asking for a hand out, or bitching about it i just wanted to see what everyone else thought on the issue.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
I can think of a couple of reasons.

1. You did not give obama/frank/dodd/etc a lot of money, so you get no money.

2. You are probably not a minority or an illegal, so no possibility of currying favor and getting a vote, so you get no money.

3. You are probably not poor (which also ties into #2), so you get no money.

4. You probably don't have a type of business that the DC people favor (ie: green companies, etc), so you get no money.

5. You probably were responsible with your mortgage, so you get no money.

6. You are probably a hard working, honest, responsible person, so you get no money.

Hell, someone's got to pay for all of this, right? Guess who it is?
Actually i fall under

7. None of the above, which from what I can tell most others from the board are in the same spot as I we are not illegal money spending , non budgeting, hard working mother fuckers that pay for our own damn shit. So in return we get to pay for all the illegals that get benefits without paying for them because "they left their country to be here and it's hard for them." well you know what i say to that? "Go home we dont want you here any way."
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post
Actually i fall under

7. None of the above, which from what I can tell most others from the board are in the same spot as I we are not illegal money spending , non budgeting, hard working mother fuckers that pay for our own damn shit. So in return we get to pay for all the illegals that get benefits without paying for them because "they left their country to be here and it's hard for them." well you know what i say to that? "Go home we dont want you here any way."
Wouldn't that fall under #6 ?
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Man, I read the first post and thought I was on the wrong site for a minute. What kind of crazy left wing BS is this, "Pay off my CC debt that I ran up???" LOL For the record, my opinion is HELL NO!!! You ran up the debt, deal with it. I do believe that banks should be forced to give people a legit rate, not 22.5% or whatever most have though.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Lifer

Where does this bailout money come from? THE FED. They don't have the money so the government has the fed print it (they use their own credit card). End the fed and you end our Government spending money to bail out companies because they would have to directly tax us instead of tax us indirectly through inflation and people would go ballistic.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Lifer

Anyone who has a bunch of credit cards charged up deserves the hardships that come with it. I bought things that i couldnt afford also but i find ways to pay for them. I wouldnt expect anyone to bail me out neither should you.

98 Brokra
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I guess I came across wrong i dont want anyone to pay my CC. I dont't have a huge balance i pay for everything i own except emergencies, like two days ago when the starter when out on my truck and i needed to get it fixed that day. so the only thing on my only card is under $200 for a starter. My main reason for this thread was in a nut shell why are they rewarding ignorance, instead of the ppl that actually can help themselves, you know a way to make me want to spend again instead of saving most of my cash for a rainy day.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Lifer

my 95R is on a 0% credit card right now for the next 11 months............

real cobras don't have fog lights
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
People are maxed out because they borrowed everything they could to continue their greedy self-centered life of over consumption. Now that the drunken binge of debt ridden excesses is over you think the way to fix the problem is to help everyone borrow more and spend more again.

They tried the same thing in 1929, same thing in Japan 1990. People will happily swallow this spendig-save-the-world bull. In capitalism, there are winners and loosers. The looser's assets get bought up by the winners when they file for bankruptcy. The winners then go on to thrive and create more jobs. We will be mired in a recession/depression for another 10 years, the way these guinesses are going by keeping zombie companies alive.
I don't agree with the concept of a bailout, but if Washington is dead set on doing it, they need to put it to real use, not give it to big greedy companies so they can give their execs massive bonuses and extravagent "business" trips.

A person that is irresponsible with their finances should learn how take care of business. A person that constantly runs up the balance of credit cards should learn how to use them or cut them up. It's time to quit rewarding irresponsible behavior.

And the only reason I would like the credit lines to reopen is so the housing market will turn around and be profitable again. I work in real estate investing and the current market is killing business.

I went through a period in college where I was extremely irresponsible with my finances. I am still paying for those mistakes and it sucks, but I put myself in the situation. No one forced me to rack up the CC bill and not pay it. I was able to get a loan for my car without a co-signer a couple of years ago, but the interest rate was extremely high. I've since traded that car in and was able to get another note with a lower interest rate. It's still high, and I understand that it's my own fault.

The problem with the country today is a lack of personal responsibility. With personal responsibility comes fiscal responsibilit. It's too easy to blame someone else for your own fuck-ups. And our "leaders" in Washington are not exhibiting any better behavior.

Last edited by HOOCBB; 04-23-2009 at 10:15 PM.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape View Post
my 95R is on a 0% credit card right now for the next 11 months............
You know... with my available balance and opportunity to pay off something like that in under a year, that's not a bad idea.

If you do it right and work the system, you can keep a 0% balance while switching from CC to CC.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 11:02 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

I put anywhere from $1-4k on my card each month, but it's always paid in full every 30 days. Of course, most of that is reimbursed

Personally, I have never carried a month-to-month balance or incurred an interest penalty on a CC in my life. Hell, the only thing I have a balance on right now is my mortgage.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Lifer

I carry a balance on two cards that have rates of 2.99% and 3.99% respectively, offered a couple of years ago through balance transfer offers. Both accounts are now closed, so the repayment terms will remain as they have been until the balances are paid off.

That is always an option for anyone who carriess a balance and whose credit card issuer decides to change the terms of their agreement, especially in those cases where the issuer will apply the changes to both new and existing balances. Refuse the change in terms, close the account and repay the balance under the existing terms.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ View Post
Anyone who has a bunch of credit cards charged up deserves the hardships that come with it. I bought things that i couldnt afford also but i find ways to pay for them. I wouldnt expect anyone to bail me out neither should you.

I agree.

I am one of those people. Mid life crises I guess. And yes I'm working my ass off to get it payed off. And it is getting harder due to my gob cutting, and changing my hours every week to the point I can't even keep a part time job on top of the irregular hours of my full time job.

And no, I'm not asking any one to pay off my debt! I'm a real man! Not some pussyfooted communist (liberal).

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
You know... with my available balance and opportunity to pay off something like that in under a year, that's not a bad idea.

If you do it right and work the system, you can keep a 0% balance while switching from CC to CC.
bingo. all be damned if i'm not gonna take advantage of having good or percieved good credit, i use MY money as little as i can ha.

real cobras don't have fog lights
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 07:18 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
why canít they wipe out the balance on hardworking Americans cards and let us be bailed out as well?
Quote:
I'm not saying I want anyone to pay my shit,
Quote:
i dont want anyone to pay my CC. I
Hmmm, 1 +1 = 4? Because your first post doesn't add up to the rest of them.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 07:31 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
FUCK THAT SHIT.

Well, in your case you'd just get a credit and/or some spending money man.

I'm a proud person too. Was once out of work for 6 months and refused to take unemployment or other handouts. However, if corporate/financial goons are getting our tax money I have nothing against taxpayers getting no-strings-attached money as well. (of course there will be some complicated bullshit attached)

Of course, I'd much rather the CORE problems be fixed as opposed to yet another patch.

-Fix the borders (land mines...etc..etc)
-Deport illegals. Specifically the ones that get arrested, not NECESSARILY the ones working their butts off. Still, illegal is illegal.
-Fix corruption in the government
-Stop catering to huge companies that can not manage themselves
-etc.

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement