Your 4th amendment righ it gone. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Your 4th amendment righ is gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU2CB6i8hgQ

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.

Last edited by tazz007; 04-22-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:56 PM
T-MINUS

If he would have been a muslim cleric they would have let him go.

Laws are not in place to stop the rule breakers but to control those of us that follow the rule of law.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Lifer

what a bunch of bullshit. this guy was obviously harassed roughed up by police property destroyed all because he refused to allow them to search his vehicle without a warrant. I hope a lawyer takes this shit and gets him a bunch of money for his troubles. Breaking windows and then grinding someones head into glass is rediculous.

98 Brokra

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:35 PM
PAN

I'm not generally one to advocate violence, but those cops need to have their asses beat the fuck down. This is EXACTLY what is wrong with the 'system' as we know it today.

Care to defend these assholes Matt?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 PM
IA2

Utterly ridiculous. Has our due process been totally done away with?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Location: On the express train to management training in hell.
I look at it a little differently apparently. I'm pretty familiar with the checkpoints he's referring to. They ask you very simple questions. where are you coming from, do you have any fruits/vegetables, etc. From what he said, he refused to answer the questions and cooperate, and that threw up a red flag to the people there. further bullshit from this yahoo just adds suspicion. A simple answering of the questions and cooperation would have avoided the whole conflict all together.

There's a difference between cooperating with law enforcement and civil rights being violated. Sounds like this dude needs to read up on the 4th amendment a little more...

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/c...izure-law.html

Quote:
The search and seizure provisions of the Fourth Amendment are all about privacy. To honor this freedom, the Fourth Amendment protects against "unreasonable" searches and seizures by state or federal law enforcement authorities.

The flip side is that the Fourth Amendment does permit searches and seizures that are considered reasonable. In practice, this means that the police may override your privacy concerns and conduct a search of your home, barn, car, boat, office, personal or business documents, bank account records, trash barrel, or whatever, if:
  • the police have probable cause to believe they can find evidence that you committed a crime, and a judge issues a search warrant, or
  • the particular circumstances justify the search without a warrant first being issued.
Granted, i think the cops took it a little too far by beating his ass, but you get my point.

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
That's directed at you, UHHHbama
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Lifer

Being a middle class American Citizen he's a mark.

If he had been a wetback or a smuggler he would have had no problem.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ View Post
what a bunch of bullshit. this guy was obviously harassed roughed up by police property destroyed all because he refused to allow them to search his vehicle without a warrant. I hope a lawyer takes this shit and gets him a bunch of money for his troubles. Breaking windows and then grinding someones head into glass is rediculous.
ditto
I wouldn't normally advocate sueing the city or any one, but in this case he is well deserving.
He should get paid well, his rights were probably violated.
I could see if happening like he said. Cops are dipshits.
Basically they just see him as some guy that won't get out of the car.
If his story is accurate and they did not ORDER him out of the vehicle, I think he's got a case.
Otherwise he's just a fool to not get out and let them get the search on.
I've been asked numerous times to be searched and I always say no. That doesn't mean they can't just make up a reason to. That's happened plenty of times too. Cops hardly know the laws they are enforcing accurately , much less care about the rights he's so vocal about. They have a sucky job to do and they don't give a shit about you.
Great thread though, LOL the poor guy probably won't get shit either.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoorsLightCoupe View Post
I look at it a little differently apparently. I'm pretty familiar with the checkpoints he's referring to. They ask you very simple questions. where are you coming from, do you have any fruits/vegetables, etc. From what he said, he refused to answer the questions and cooperate, and that threw up a red flag to the people there. further bullshit from this yahoo just adds suspicion. A simple answering of the questions and cooperation would have avoided the whole conflict all together.

There's a difference between cooperating with law enforcement and civil rights being violated. Sounds like this dude needs to read up on the 4th amendment a little more...

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/c...izure-law.html

Granted, i think the cops took it a little too far by beating his ass, but you get my point.
But WHERE does it say in the law that if someone is refusing to answer questions they get this kind of treatment? If they wanted to detain him, fine - but to rough up his head over a broken window and tase him just because he refused to answer questions - ridiculous. And the claim that the dog had a hit on drugs or a body - clearly bogus. Maybe he caused the situation to esculate by not answering their questions, but it sounds like to me that the cops were teaching him a lesson. That's the real issue - assimulate, or be ground under by the heels of the cops. Wrong.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
PAN

Came back in to ask where in the law force such as this was authorized or acceptable but MikeyB had already handled up...
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Time Served

This almost happened to me.. I was going through the check point near bronwsville or wherever, when I stopped the officer asked everyone in the car if they were a us citizen and so on and so on, as she looked towards me and asked me if i were a us citizen I said "Yes Sir" in which I thought to myself oh shit she's a woman and I quickly said "Yes Ma'am" she then stuck her head in looked at me with a look on her face like she wanted to drag me out and kick my ass, but she just said "ok, go on." but the expression on her face...

2003 Silverado - 4.3L (daily driver)
1990 Notchback - 5.0L
1990 Notchback - 2.3L (5.0 project)
1967 Fastback - 302
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Secular Dogooderist

bunch of bleeding hearts...

If he didn't have anything to hide, then he shoulda just hopped out and let 'em ransack his shit, right? He was being stubborn, this kind of shit happens every day as a result of non-compliance with law enforcement. Nothing new..

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Worship me

The 4th amendment protects against unreasonable search and seizure. The Supreme Court has drawn a distinction between:

-The police stopping someone without suspicion and briefly asking basic questions

versus

-Stopping someone without suspicion and asking for some kind of proof of identity, etc.

Essentially the former is not considered "unreasonable" and the latter IS considered unreasonable.

As for the horseshit about the dog "alerting". As far as I am concerned if a dog "alerts" and the cops find nothing then the dog or the police who misread the dog's signal should face some sort of action. Right now this sort of horseshit is used to justify all sorts of nonsense in this country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement