14 years already?!?! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Out

14 years already?!?!

I can't believe it's been 14 years since Oklahoma City fell victim to domestic terrorism. Still upsatting to this day.

And I'll hit the next person that suggests that Timothy McGay was a hero... just like the last person who tried to finish the sentence in front of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 10:52 AM
How you doin'

upsatting?
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 11:17 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
I can't believe it's been 14 years since Oklahoma City fell victim to domestic terrorism. Still upsatting to this day.

And I'll hit the next person that suggests that Timothy McGay was a hero... just like the last person who tried to finish the sentence in front of me.
wait you want to get mad at somebody thinking he is a hero, he didn't like the government, and yet you want to praise those that want to try and leave the union? they both have the same reasons they don't like who is in charge or the taxes, why is one different than the other?

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
wait you want to get mad at somebody thinking he is a hero, he didn't like the government, and yet you want to praise those that want to try and leave the union? they both have the same reasons they don't like who is in charge or the taxes, why is one different than the other?
Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people in the process.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 11:47 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5.0 View Post
Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people in the process.

How many do you think wil die when civil war breaks out due to states attempting to leave the USA? About 600,000 died when that happened 148 years ago.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Great comparison!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon View Post
How many do you think wil die when civil war breaks out due to states attempting to leave the USA? About 600,000 died when that happened 148 years ago.
5, maybe 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Time Served

Quote:

lol....wow....nice comparism.....

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Worship me

Quote:

Are you high right now?
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
IA2

I remember that day. Was talking to the wife on the phone and she said that some building had just blown up in OKC (she was watching the news, and it had just happened). We as a country didn't even know what all was to come, starting with that event.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
This is a sad, sad post.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
I remember that day. Was talking to the wife on the phone and she said that some building had just blown up in OKC (she was watching the news, and it had just happened). We as a country didn't even know what all was to come, starting with that event.
I had a day off at the PD, but was called in. The chief didn't really have a reason, he just thought it was the thing to do. LOL
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

hero?
Who calls murdering cowards heros?
I remember this day well. Being sent out to shoot it made me cry.
Same thing when the ATF burned those people in Waco. Modern day witch burning. I swear I never thought I'd witness it first hand.

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
upsatting?
I know, right?
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt View Post
hero?
Who calls murdering cowards heros?
I remember this day well. Being sent out to shoot it made me cry.
Same thing when the ATF burned those people in Waco. Modern day witch burning. I swear I never thought I'd witness it first hand.
Some people look at him as taking a stand against the government. Supposedly, there is a following that believe this.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

No doubt he did. I don't think that is in question. To end the lives of innocent people... kids included, man that's hoping on the hell express instead of making a rational protest or point.
Ignorance does not replace evil.

post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Ignorance does not replace evil.
But it does follow a Republican President.

I was a senior in HS when this happened.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 AM
v2004 rebooted.

When I first heard about it I thought one of my friends has just misheard something on the news or was outright trying to bullshit me for some stupid reason. Terrible day.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
But it does follow a Republican President.

I was a senior in HS when this happened.
Well said. The ignorant definatly replaced evil.
Fine trade.

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:25 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
This is a sad, sad post.
why both are a form of terror, the states leaving is trying to "scare" the government into doing what they feel is right. If the states leave the war that would break out would kill thousands, more than the 168 that died in the bombings. All of this because those people didn't like how our government is being run. I love the far far right wing people, their actions are always pure, and anybody that doesn't agree with them are dumb and wrong and a waste of life.

post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
why both are a form of terror, the states leaving is trying to "scare" the government into doing what they feel is right. If the states leave the war that would break out would kill thousands, more than the 168 that died in the bombings. All of this because those people didn't like how our government is being run. I love the far far right wing people, their actions are always pure, and anybody that doesn't agree with them are dumb and wrong and a waste of life.
A state secedes because it is moving in a direction to do right for the people, not blow up a building with innocent men, women and children. Your thought process is severely skewed. ANY way of trying to justify what he did deserves a public ass-beating.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:42 AM
BANNED

I am pretty upsat.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 12:11 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Fine trade.
Laughable. How was Bush evil? You want to see evil's little bitch, look at Number 44 on and news network right now.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Ignorant post of the year FTW!!!

Blowing up a building full of civilians (and children) to retaliate against the government et al for their percieved improper actions at Waco relates to secession how, exactly?

Secession doesn't have to be followed by civil war. Secession has long been held as an appropriate means to address a government that no longer represents the population. Might want to read the Declaration of Independence sometime. Here's a hint: There wouldn't be a USA without secession.

And just for the record. McVeigh is no hero and the people who believe he was a hero or martyr are assholes.

DFWMustangs.net
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 08:19 PM
PAN

It doesn't mean you're far right wing if you support the seccession movement Eric. As JP and Denny are pointing out it's a means of addressing and attempting to bring back under control a government that has gone astray. Not of starting a civil war, as that is not the goal.

We want the gov't to stop taking our money and wasting it on bullshit pork projects.
We want the gov't to stop growing the programs that pay people to sit on their asses.
We want the gov't to stop limiting our freedoms.
We want the gov't to leave us the fuck alone and protect our country from harm.
We want the gov't to not make our country a laughing stock.

Pretty simple really...
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
Ignorant post of the year FTW!!!

Blowing up a building full of civilians (and children) to retaliate against the government et al for their percieved improper actions at Waco relates to secession how, exactly?

Secession doesn't have to be followed by civil war. Secession has long been held as an appropriate means to address a government that no longer represents the population. Might want to read the Declaration of Independence sometime. Here's a hint: There wouldn't be a USA without secession.

And just for the record. McVeigh is no hero and the people who believe he was a hero or martyr are assholes.
nobody is calling him a hero but was he or was he not considered a terrorist?

the states trying to use fear, as a form of terror, to get the government to stop doing what it is doing because those few in charge think it is wrong. Which would make them terrorist as well. doesn't matter that one actually killed people and one is just setting the table for the killing to begin.

So if some of the states leave and civil war breaks out lets say only 200 people die, would that make those in charge a worst terrorist, since they have a higher body count?

as for the states right to leave the union, no where does it state that, the 10th only says the states have a right to make any law that is not made by the Constitution. Leaving is not a law, but an act of war or as we like to use domestic terrorism. What we would need to happen for this to not be a form of terror is if "we the people" rise up as 1 in our efforts to change the government that has gone too far. Untill then any small act would be a form of terrorist action, a state leaving is a form of terrorist action.

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:

the states trying to use fear, as a form of terror, to get the government to stop doing what it is doing because those few in charge think it is wrong. Which would make them terrorist as well. doesn't matter that one actually killed people and one is just setting the table for the killing to begin.

So if some of the states leave and civil war breaks out lets say only 200 people die, would that make those in charge a worst terrorist, since they have a higher body count?

as for the states right to leave the union, no where does it state that, the 10th only says the states have a right to make any law that is not made by the Constitution. Leaving is not a law, but an act of war or as we like to use domestic terrorism. What we would need to happen for this to not be a form of terror is if "we the people" rise up as 1 in our efforts to change the government that has gone too far. Untill then any small act would be a form of terrorist action, a state leaving is a form of terrorist action.
McVeigh is a terrorist any way you look at it.

The 10th is written so vaguely, that it is open for so much interpretation and what ifs.I think it was done intentionally.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 04:11 AM
Lifer

What I remember those most is the one year anniversary. I was doing a 6pm to 6am shift at Medstar. It was a slow night and we were posting in the parking lot of some strip center in south Ft. Worth. Listening to the radio and the DJ came over the radio with a somber voice and talked about it being the 1 year anniversary of Oklahoma City. Then they did dead air for 168 seconds. It was just kind of moving because it was dead quiet outside, no traffic noise, no planes, and dead air on the radio. I forgot what local channel we were listening to. Most radio stations won't go to that extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:

McVeigh was a terrorist (now he's the finest kind of terrorist; a dead one) - I'd say blowing up a building to make his political point would qualify under anyone's standards.

As I've already suggested, read the Declaration of Independence. While the tenth amendment doesn't specifically discuss the right of the states to secede, neither does it forbid this right. The standard of law is unless an act is specifically prohibited by statute, it is legal.

Now back to the thread at hand... the anniversary of the bombing. My dad was a career employee of the US Bureau of Prisons. When I was a kid, we lived in El Reno, Oklahoma. The day of the bombing, I talked to my dad several times. He was really upset because he had been in that building dozens of times over the years. I remember him saying that he just couldn't believe somebody would blow it up and kill all those people. I guess it was the fact that someplace he'd been so many times was the scene of domestic terrorism.

MM2K - I remember that. That pause seemed to last forever and it felt like everything just stopped. Very poignant remembrance.

DFWMustangs.net
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
No one but David Koresh burned those people. And shot em if they tried to get out of the burning building. Just another goofy Jim Jones ego feeding motherfucker.
They could have grabbed him any day of the week in Waco so I'm not saying the ATF wasn't grand standing and got it started but let's not get carried away with propaganda.

Fact: It's against the law to screw 11 yr olds girls.
Fact: He had one hellashish 427 Camaro.
Fact: He wasn't Jesus Christ after all
Fact: He's dead
Fact: Anyone who champions his or McVie's cause or bullshit is a fool

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Lifer

If you are ever are in OKC it is well worth the time to see the Memorial and you MUST tour the Museum.
If that doesn't wake you up to the evil and pain of senseless violence nothing will. Especially the room with all the teddy bears and toys.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt View Post
...and you MUST tour the Museum... Especially the room with all the teddy bears and toys.
I don't know that I could do that.

DFWMustangs.net
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt View Post
No one but David Koresh burned those people. And shot em if they tried to get out of the burning building. Just another goofy Jim Jones ego feeding motherfucker.
They could have grabbed him any day of the week in Waco so I'm not saying the ATF wasn't grand standing and got it started but let's not get carried away with propaganda.

Fact: It's against the law to screw 11 yr olds girls.
Fact: He had one hellashish 427 Camaro.
Fact: He wasn't Jesus Christ after all
Fact: He's dead
Fact: Anyone who champions his or McVie's cause or bullshit is a fool
How did I miss that part of the post even after I quoted it is beyond me! But ya... the compound was burned by Koresh and/or his followers.
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
But ya... the compound was burned by Koresh and/or his followers.
This is what the majority believes, but look at the source that gave us the information about that. There are two sides to every story, and unless any of you are the sole survivor of the Waco fiasco we'll never know the entire TRUE story. You can believe what the government and news stations tell you, but you can also argue that they've both been habitual liars and can't be trusted.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Top 04 Snake View Post
This is what the majority believes, but look at the source that gave us the information about that. There are two sides to every story, and unless any of you are the sole survivor of the Waco fiasco we'll never know the entire TRUE story. You can believe what the government and news stations tell you, but you can also argue that they've both been habitual liars and can't be trusted.
Common sense and watching it live on TV are on my side, though.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Common sense and watching it live on TV are on my side, though.
I'll take endless news twisting/skewing, and government corruption for $1000 Alex.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement