2010 Gov race - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!

2010 Gov race

So Kinky is thinking about going for the Dem nomination and Kay Bailey Hutchison is thinking about throwing her hand in the gov race. It'd be nice to see a different republican up instead of Perry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
So Kinky is thinking about going for the Dem nomination and Kay Bailey Hutchison is thinking about throwing her hand in the gov race. It'd be nice to see a different republican up instead of Perry.
Perry made a brilliant tactical move the last couple of days, by calling out the commies in the whitehouse. His "Texas sovereignity" talk will carry him a long way.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Perry made a brilliant tactical move the last couple of days, by calling out the commies in the whitehouse. His "Texas sovereignity" talk will carry him a long way.
He has other motives, I'm not fully buying into it. He's been a corporate lackey as Gov.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 07:04 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

If Kinky wins the nomination you could put Bimbo the Chimp on the GOP side and it'd be a close race.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Lifer

Hutchison is to much of a social conservative, while I think our party is moving more towards fiscal conservatism.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
He has other motives, I'm not fully buying into it. He's been a corporate lackey as Gov.
Name a politician that doesn't have other motives...

I didn't say I was buying into it, but a lot of folks are.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
Hutchison is to much of a social conservative, while I think our party is moving more towards fiscal conservatism.
NO, the RNC is moving to a more moderate stance. The problem with this is, as stated elsewhere on this site, if you compromise with the left, they will continually expect that compromise and that brings the RNC further to the left. We (Texas and the US) need a true conservatism revival to take back this country. I suspect that in the 2010 election, we will see a rise in same party challengers that may unseat the incumbent senators and representatives in the primaries. If this happens, I hope the challengers live up to our expectations and bring personal and fiscal responsibility back to Washington and Austin and commit to shrinking the government.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

As much as I like Hutchinson, I think she damaged her chances when she voted for the $700BILLION TARP bailout fund.

As I've stated before, Perry is a walkin' talkin' cluster fuck. I'll never vote for that sumbitch.

I like Kinky as a person but I'm not totally on board with his politics. However if it comes down between him and Hutchinson, I'll definitely listen. If it is between him and our current jackass, I'm voting for Kinky AGAIN.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
NO, the RNC is moving to a more moderate stance. The problem with this is, as stated elsewhere on this site, if you compromise with the left, they will continually expect that compromise and that brings the RNC further to the left. We (Texas and the US) need a true conservatism revival to take back this country. I suspect that in the 2010 election, we will see a rise in same party challengers that may unseat the incumbent senators and representatives in the primaries. If this happens, I hope the challengers live up to our expectations and bring personal and fiscal responsibility back to Washington and Austin and commit to shrinking the government.
thats my exact perspective. fiscal responsibility, small government, and freedoms need to be the basis of our platform. I think the party lost its way when we started taking on all these social issues, and all it ever did was create more government.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 07:16 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
thats my exact perspective. fiscal responsibility, small government, and freedoms need to be the basis of our platform. I think the party lost its way when we started taking on all these social issues, and all it ever did was create more government.
Damn skippy..

GW has done a helluva lot of damage to this party by not showing any leadership on those areas. He also oversaw the creation of the biggest government boondoggle since Social Security (prescription drug plan)...

The sad thing is that a Democrat (Clinton) is the only one to show some real fiscal responsibility, though he needed a Republican Congress to do it. He was the guy that actually said the era of big government is over because he actually fucking shrank it.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Damn skippy..

GW has done a helluva lot of damage to this party by not showing any leadership on those areas. He also oversaw the creation of the biggest government boondoggle since Social Security (prescription drug plan)...

The sad thing is that a Democrat (Clinton) is the only one to show some real fiscal responsibility, though he needed a Republican Congress to do it. He was the guy that actually said the era of big government is over because he actually fucking shrank it.

Yeah yeah yeah, got it! Bush bad Clinton good. Same exact old song and dance. Is it ever gonna fuckin' stop?

It's just sad that people can't stop pointing fingers and saying"it's so and so's fault". The bottom line is that the house and senate make the bills, and they pass the bills. The president approves or vetos it, unless they override his veto. You of all people should know this dude.

It's about the future people. Quit bitching and moaning about shit we can't change. We've got a hell of a lot more to worry about than pointing fingers in topics that have been beaten to death time after time after time. It's a waste of time and an exercise in futility...
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Yeah yeah yeah, got it! Bush bad Clinton good. Same exact old song and dance. Is it ever gonna fuckin' stop?

It's just sad that people can't stop pointing fingers and saying"it's so and so's fault". The bottom line is that the house and senate make the bills, and they pass the bills. The president approves or vetos it, unless they override his veto. You of all people should know this dude.

It's about the future people. Quit bitching and moaning about shit we can't change. We've got a hell of a lot more to worry about than pointing fingers in topics that have been beaten to death time after time after time. It's a waste of time and an exercise in futility...
You might be interested in Madison’s Nightmare by Peter Shane, it's about how aggressive executives have been slowly eroding civil liberties.

I have not read it or any of his other works though, so I can say whether its good or not.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
that may be what you mean, but saying the repubs are leaning to fiscal responsibility is not accurate right now. The republican party will only start leaning back to the right when we tell them to do so by removing the RINOs from their seats.

But, I don't want to argue over something stupid like syntax.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Damn skippy..

clinton did a good job on that, I dont hold much of anything against him.

part of the problem in the republican party is that we need new leaders to move the party in the direction of fiscal conservatism. right now we dont have that

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Out

As most of you stated...

Perry- a puppet who will say anything to get where he needs to be.

The Hutch- a wolf in sheep's clothing. She's had her ups and downs, but she definately will not stay on a conservative path. She also doesn't have the "passion" for doing what is best for the people.

Kinky- LOL... it sounds good when he drops a one-liner in front of a camera or reporter, but come on... really? This guy wouldn't be able to get anything acomplished in Office.

People, we need to not only look at our next Governor as a person who will hold that office in a traditional matter, but seeing how the rest of our country is leaning, we're going to need someone as more of a "go-to" guy in possible despirate measures. These three don't have it... they just don't have it. We've already fucked up one election (POTUS), let's not fuck this one up. WE can make a bigger difference during this election. Let's make this decision a good one because I have a feeling, this one will count more than ever.

We need a LEADER, not a Governor.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Thats the only reason he is doing it for reelection IMO
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary View Post
Thats the only reason he is doing it for reelection IMO
Well, of course!

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 06:08 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Kinky is at http://www.poordavidspub.com/ tonight

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 06:14 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
As most of you stated...

Perry- a puppet who will say anything to get where he needs to be.

The Hutch- a wolf in sheep's clothing. She's had her ups and downs, but she definately will not stay on a conservative path. She also doesn't have the "passion" for doing what is best for the people.

Kinky- LOL... it sounds good when he drops a one-liner in front of a camera or reporter, but come on... really? This guy wouldn't be able to get anything acomplished in Office.

People, we need to not only look at our next Governor as a person who will hold that office in a traditional matter, but seeing how the rest of our country is leaning, we're going to need someone as more of a "go-to" guy in possible despirate measures. These three don't have it... they just don't have it. We've already fucked up one election (POTUS), let's not fuck this one up. WE can make a bigger difference during this election. Let's make this decision a good one because I have a feeling, this one will count more than ever.

We need a LEADER, not a Governor.
Unfortunately, that person will probably not be on the ballot...
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 09:51 PM
PAN

Quote:
Unfortunately, that person will probably not be on the ballot...
Unfortunately, that person is not even on the radar...
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 07:33 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Unfortunately, that person is not even on the radar...
Tru Dat
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Lifer

another name I hear other local republicans throwing around is Dan Patrick, from houston. who would probably be the best option from the fiscal conservative point of view, he is just not the nicest guy in the world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement