Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists' - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
GROWED UP WRONG

Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'

http://images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf

WASHINGTON – A newly unclassified Department of Homeland Security report warns against the possibility of violence by unnamed "right-wing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty and singles out returning war veterans as particular threats.

The report, titled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," dated April 7, states that "threats from white supremacist and violent anti-government groups during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry out violent acts."

However, the report goes on to suggest worsening economic woes, potential new legislative restrictions on firearms and "the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

Are you ready for a second Declaration of Independence? Sign the petition promoting true freedom once again!

The report from DHS' Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines right-wing extremism in the U.S. as "divided into those groups, movements and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups) and those that are mainly anti-government, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

"[T]he consequences of a prolonged economic downturn – including real estate foreclosures, unemployment and an inability to obtain credit – could create a fertile recruiting environment for right-wing extremists and even result in confrontations between such groups and government authorities similar to those in the past," the report says.

It adds that "growth in these groups subsided in reaction to increased government scrutiny as a result of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and disrupted plots, improvements in the economy and the continued U.S. standing as the pre-eminent world power."

"Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of right-wing extremist groups as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence against the government," the report continues. "The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement."

Most notable is the report's focus on the impact of returning war veterans.

"Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists," it says. "DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities."

The report cites the April 4 shooting deaths of three police officers in Pittsburgh as an example of what may be coming, claiming the alleged gunman holds a racist ideology and believes in anti-government conspiracy theories about gun confiscations, citizen detention camps and "a Jewish-controlled 'one-world government.'"

It also suggests the election of an African-American president and the prospect of his policy changes "are proving to be a driving force for right-wing extremist recruitment and radicalization."

The report also mentions "'end times' prophecies could motivate extremist individuals and groups to stockpile food, ammunition and weapons. These teachings also have been linked with the radicalization of domestic extremist individuals and groups in the past, such as the violent Christian Identity organizations and extremist members of the militia movement."

"DHS/I&A assesses that right-wing extremist groups' frustration over a perceived lack of government action on illegal immigration has the potential to incite individuals or small groups toward violence," the report continues.

The report states the DHS will be working with state and local partners over the next several months to determine the levels of right-wing extremist activity in the U.S.

Last month, the chief of the Missouri highway patrol blasted a report issued by the Missouri Information Analysis Center that linked conservative groups to domestic terrorism, assuring that such reports no longer will be issued. The report had been compiled with the assistance of DHS.

The report warned law enforcement agencies to watch for suspicious individuals who may have bumper stickers for third-party political candidates such as Ron Paul, Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin.

It further warned law enforcement to watch out for individuals with "radical" ideologies based on Christian views, such as opposing illegal immigration, abortion and federal taxes.

Chief James Keathley of the Missouri State Patrol issued a statement that the release of the report, which outraged conservatives nationwide, prompted him to "take a hard look" at the procedures through which the report was released by the MIAC.

"My review of the procedures used by the MIAC in the three years since its inception indicates that the mechanism in place for oversight of reports needs improvement," he wrote. "Until two weeks ago, the process for release of reports from the MIAC to law enforcement officers around the state required no review by leaders of the Missouri State Highway Patrol or the Department of Public Safety."

"For that reason, I have ordered the MIAC to permanently cease distribution of the militia report," he said. "Further, I am creating a new process for oversight of reports drafted by the MIAC that will require leaders of the Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Department of Public Safety to review the content of these reports before they are shared with law enforcement. My office will also undertake a review of the origin of the report by MIAC."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Worship me

Of course, everyone who thinks the federal government is out of control must be an "extremist".
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post

could create a fertile recruiting environment for right-wing extremists and even result in confrontations between such groups and government authorities similar to those in the past," the report says.

Oh, they mean like our founding fathers. Those guys were heroes, people that share the same beliefs as them in the modern times are called "right-wing extremists", and looked upon as terrorists and criminals.

Quote:

The report warned law enforcement agencies to watch for suspicious individuals who may have bumper stickers for third-party political candidates such as Ron Paul, Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin.
This is fucking rediculous!

Last edited by 351Coupe; 04-13-2009 at 11:21 AM.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Already laying the ground work. This is getting more fubar by the day.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Of course, everyone who thinks the federal government is out of control must be an "extremist".
Just like the Mafia...you eliminate your competition and bury your witnesses. How long will it take for our pussified countrymen to figure this out?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 11:38 AM
PAN

Saw that this morning. Link in my sig.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Resident Epicurean

SOMEONE has to step up and stop the lunacy.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Location: On the express train to management training in hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
SOMEONE has to step up and stop the lunacy.
Can't! Homeland Security will be all over you!

Let me know though.. I'm in. This shit has got to stop.

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
That's directed at you, UHHHbama
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
PAN

It starts with a tea party guys.

Think about it, this will be the FIRST time that conservatives (or non tree hugging hippies or thugs or insert xhere) have organized and actually stood up to do something, anything, in protest.

It's a baby step. Take it!
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Just found out they're doing a tea party out here too.. I know what i'll be doing after work...

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:28 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
"Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of right-wing extremist groups as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence against the government," the report continues. "The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement."
Real simple, don't strip our rights, don't be worried.

Quote:
It further warned law enforcement to watch out for individuals with "radical" ideologies based on Christian views, such as opposing illegal immigration, abortion and federal taxes.
Are you shitting me? So one's desire to not have the country invaded by parasites that suck money out of our system and transfer it to another system, along with stealing jobs is considered extreme? Or being pro-life now = extreme? And being taxed to the point of starvation = extreme?

Here is a statement by another crazy!
Quote:
An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy; because there is a limit beyond which no institution and no property can bear taxation - John Marshall.
Here's the wiki on the insane bastard I quoted above!!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Marshall

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Time Served

Quote:

I can't find this anywhere in the report.

If you actually read the thing and not just the propagandized write-ups on it, it's not that bad. I believe it is a legitimate concern (see McVeigh et al). The report doesn't label everybody who opposes the government as an extremist. It just says that given the current state of things, the extremist groups have more recruitment leverage, which is true.

*edit* Ahhhh I see they were referring to some other report from Missouri. Tricky...

Last edited by vtstang66; 04-15-2009 at 09:56 AM.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Token Troll

Isn't it funny that during Bush's time dissent was the highest form of patriotism. Now it makes you an enemy of the state.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Isn't it funny that during Bush's time dissent was the highest form of patriotism.
I'm pretty sure that's absolutely opposite of the truth. I seem to remember anytime someone questioned anything about the legitimacy of our overseas military operations they were quickly branded a traitor and a pussy by everyone on the conservative side from the White House to Fox News and on down.

*edit*
...or homeland issues. Patriot act comes to mind.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's absolutely opposite of the truth. I seem to remember anytime someone questioned anything about the legitimacy of our overseas military operations they were quickly branded a traitor and a pussy by everyone on the conservative side from the White House to Fox News and on down.

*edit*
...or homeland issues. Patriot act comes to mind.
That's my point, the liberal left and MSM lauded those that spoke out against the POTUS (Bush at the time). Now, anyone who does is a "radical", by the same group.

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Time Served

Yeah everybody on one side will always blast the people on the other and forget about what they said when it's not so convenient. That's why the country is so extremely polarized and everything is so fucked up.

This thing right here is a prime example. New administration takes office, shit starts sliding (before said new administration btw), new administration's policies don't look so good to the people who weren't for it in the first place, and they start protesting. Gov't takes notice, issues a report that these times make for a good opportunity for radical factions to recruit. Same people who were protesting see this report, spin it and represent it as big brother labeling them all as extremists, get even more pissed. Left wingers see that, take it as justification that they really are extremists, etc., etc. It is a shitty cycle.

I wish people could pull their heads out of their asses and see the big picture for what it is instead of this stupid 2-party war, but I'm afraid that's just wishful thinking.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 PM
PAN

The left says "Hey right, you're a piece of shit. Fuck you!

The right says "Hey left, you're a piece of shit. Fuck your mother!

On the sidelines the crooked ass sons a bitches in Washington continue what they have been doing all along.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
It starts with a tea party guys.

Think about it, this will be the FIRST time that conservatives (or non tree hugging hippies or thugs or insert xhere) have organized and actually stood up to do something, anything, in protest.

It's a baby step. Take it!
I took my step today and plan to take many more. They are having more of these in the months to come. Very invigorating.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
The left says "Hey right, you're a piece of shit. Fuck you!

The right says "Hey left, you're a piece of shit. Fuck your mother!

On the sidelines the crooked ass sons a bitches in Washington continue what they have been doing all along.
Yep.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Out

Here we go... division has begun.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090415/...ity_extremists
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
She's saying "sorry" now.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...ing-extremism/

...to the veterans only.

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Out

nice...
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Lifer

Homeland security is a fucking joke. 9/11 happened on their watch, they must have been busy writing memos about other extremists when that happened. Us crazy people who don't agree with them bankrupting America surely must be extremists.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Top 04 Snake View Post
Homeland security is a fucking joke. 9/11 happened on their watch, they must have been busy writing memos about other extremists when that happened. Us crazy people who don't agree with them bankrupting America surely must be extremists.
Ummm...the DHS was established in response to 9/11 and officially kicked off 10/08/01...

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Ummm...the DHS was established in response to 9/11 and officially kicked off 10/08/01...
My bad. Well someone fucked up, surely there was someone who was supposed to respond to all those prior knowledge tips of 9/11... Regardless DHS is a joke, just because we disagree with the POTUS doesn't make you an extremist, that's absolute crap. We may not have it much longer, but currently we have the right to question and disagree with the president.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.

Last edited by MR TINFOIL HAT; 04-16-2009 at 09:28 AM.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Out

Quote:
My bad. Well someone fucked up, surely there was someone who was supposed to respond to all those prior knowledge tips of 9/11... Regardless DHS is a joke, just because we disagree with the POTUS doesn't make you an extremist, that's absolute crap.
Supposedly, there were tons of intel, leading up to the incident, that fell into the hands of the FBI and CIA.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Supposedly, there were tons of intel, leading up to the incident, that fell into the hands of the FBI and CIA.
That has to make you wonder what really happened, and why we just sat on our asses with all this prior knowledge. I just have a complete and utter disgust for the people that let this happen. I have a ton of respect for people like yourself who protect us and are willing to lay your life down for your familys and our freedoms. At least we know ya'll are doing what you're supposed to do, which is more then I can say for our government.

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Out

Quote:
That's has to make you wonder what really happened, and why we just sat on our asses with all this prior knowledge. I just have a complete and utter disgust for the people that let this happen. I have a ton of respect for people like yourself who protect us and are willing to lay your life down for your familys and our freedoms. At least we know ya'll are doing what you're supposed too, which is more then I can say for our government.
I'm just a civilian who is supporting the effort. Most of us will be home soon to NOT support it, though. I might be forced to leave the mission front pretty soon. If/when I get home, I'll find another way to get shit moving.

Believe it or not, there is a rather large percentage of people who will do whatever it takes to keep "We the People" (and the rest of the world) safe. Several who just need to find where they belong. Unfortunately, it might fall right in their lap real soon.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm just a civilian who is supporting the effort. Most of us will be home soon to NOT support it, though. I might be forced to leave the mission front pretty soon. If/when I get home, I'll find another way to get shit moving.

Believe it or not, there is a rather large percentage of people who will do whatever it takes to keep "We the People" (and the rest of the world) safe. Several who just need to find where they belong. Unfortunately, it might fall right in their lap real soon.
As long as there is knowledgeable people like yourself helping others understand what's at stake, the word can spread like wildfire. Thanks for all you do.

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Out

Quote:
As long as there is knowledgeable people like yourself helping others understand what's at stake, the word can spread like wildfire. Thanks for all you do.
I've heard from several people that their thinking is right in line with mine. I have full confidence that when the time/need comes, they'll be there.
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Time Served

F#$%ing rookies running this governent. Do they just put s$%t together and release it without any thought. It seems they keep having to apologize for everything they do!

66 coupe deville
2005 f350
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle_68 View Post
F#$%ing rookies running this governent. Do they just put s$%t together and release it without any thought. It seems they keep having to apologize for everything they do!

Quote:
"If she volunteered to step down, that'd be very honorable of her," Hegseth said. "It would be a recognition of what she did."
that's fuckin' funny. i'd shit a purple twinkie if she stepped out. Now if only the rest of them would follow suit, tuck tail, and step the fuck out, we'd be in business.

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement