Our Reprimitivized Future - When all the world’s a “distraction"... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Our Reprimitivized Future - When all the world’s a “distraction"...

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...VhOWM0NDUxOGQ=

Quote:
National Review
April 11, 2009

Our Reprimitivized Future - When all the world’s a “distraction,” maybe you’re not the main event after all.

By Mark Steyn

The Reuters headline put it this way: “Pirates Pose Annoying Distraction For Obama.”

So many distractions, aren’t there? Only a week ago, the North Korean missile test was an “annoying distraction” from Barack Obama’s call for a world without nuclear weapons and his pledge that America would lead the way in disarming. And only a couple of days earlier the president insisted Iraq was a “distraction” — from what, I forget: The cooing press coverage of Michelle’s wardrobe? No doubt when the Iranians nuke Israel, that, too, will be an unwelcome distraction from the administration’s plans for federally subsidized daycare, just as Pearl Harbor was an annoying distraction from the New Deal, and the First World War was an annoying distraction from the Archduke Franz Ferdinand’s dinner plans.

If the incompetent management driving the New York Times from junk status to oblivion wished to decelerate their terminal decline, they might usefully amend their motto to “All the News That’s Fit to Distract.” Tom Blumer of Newsbusters notes that in the last 30 days there have been some 2,500 stories featuring Obama and “distractions,” as opposed to about 800 “distractions” for Bush in his entire second term. The sub-headline of the Reuters story suggests the unprecedented pace at which the mountain of distractions is piling up: “First North Korea, Iran — now Somali pirates.”

Er, okay. So the North Korean test is a “distraction,” the Iranian nuclear program is a “distraction,” and the seizure of a U.S.-flagged vessel in international waters is a “distraction.” Maybe it would be easier just to have the official State Department maps reprinted with the Rest of the World relabeled “Distractions.” Oh, to be sure, you could still have occasional oases of presidential photo-opportunities — Buckingham Palace, that square in Prague — but with the land beyond the edge of the Queen’s gardens ominously marked “Here be distractions . . . ”

As it happens, Somali piracy is not a distraction, but a glimpse of the world the day after tomorrow. In my book America Alone, I quote Robert D. Kaplan referring to the lawless fringes of the map as “Indian Territory.” It’s a droll jest but a misleading one, since the very phrase presumes that the badlands will one day be brought within the bounds of the ordered world. In fact, a lot of today’s badlands were relatively ordered not so long ago, and many of them are getting badder and badder by the day. Half a century back, Somaliland was a couple of sleepy colonies, British and Italian, poor but functioning. Then it became a state, and then a failed state, and now the husk of a nation is a convenient squat from which to make mischief. According to Chatham House in London, Somali pirates made about $30 million in ransom and booty last year. Thirty mil goes a long way in Somalia, making piracy a very attractive proposition.

It’s also a low-risk one. Once upon a time we killed and captured pirates. Today, it’s all more complicated. The attorney general, Eric Holder, has declined to say whether the kidnappers of the American captain will be “brought to justice” by the U.S. “I’m not sure exactly what would happen next,” declares the chief law-enforcement official of the world’s superpower. But some things we can say for certain. Obviously, if the United States Navy hanged some eyepatched peglegged blackguard from the yardarm or made him walk the plank, pious senators would rise to denounce an America that no longer lived up to its highest ideals, and the network talking-heads would argue that Plankgate was recruiting more and more young men to the pirates’ cause, and judges would rule that pirates were entitled to the protections of the U.S. constitution and that their peglegs had to be replaced by high-tech prosthetic limbs at taxpayer expense.

Meanwhile, the Royal Navy, which over the centuries did more than anyone to rid the civilized world of the menace of piracy, now declines even to risk capturing their Somali successors, having been advised by Her Majesty’s Government that, under the European Human Rights Act, any pirate taken into custody would be entitled to claim refugee status in the United Kingdom and live on welfare for the rest of his life. I doubt Pirates of the Caribbean would have cleaned up at the box office if the big finale had shown Geoffrey Rush and his crew of scurvy sea dogs settling down in council flats in Manchester and going down to the pub for a couple of jiggers of rum washed down to cries of “Aaaaargh, shiver me benefits check, lad.” From “Avast, me hearties!” to a vast welfare scam is not progress.

In a world of legalisms, resistance is futile. The Royal Navy sailors kidnapped by Iran two years ago and humiliated by the mullahs on TV were operating under rules of engagement that call for “de-escalation” in the event of a confrontation. Which is to say, their rules of engagement are rules of non-engagement. Likewise, merchant vessels equipped with cannon in the 18th century now sail unarmed. They contract with expensive private security firms, but those security teams do not carry guns: When the MV Biscaglia was seized by pirates in the Gulf of Aden last year, the Indian and Bangladeshi crew were taken hostage but the three unarmed guards from “Anti-Piracy Maritime Security Solutions” in London “escaped by jumping into the water.” Some solution. When you make a lucrative activity low-risk, you get more of it.

As my colleague Andrew McCarthy wrote, “Civilization is not an evolution of mankind but the imposition of human good on human evil. It is not a historical inevitability. It is a battle that has to be fought every day, because evil doesn’t recede willingly before the wheels of progress.” Very true. Somalia, Iran, and North Korea are all less “civilized” than they were a couple of generations ago. And yet in one sense they have made undeniable progress: They have globalized their pathologies. Somali pirates seize vessels the size of aircraft carriers flying the ensigns of the great powers. Iranian proxies run Gaza and much of Lebanon. North Korea’s impoverished prison state provides nuclear technology to Damascus and Tehran. Unlovely as it is, Pyongyang nevertheless has friends on the Security Council. Powerful states protect one-man psycho states. One-man psycho states provide delivery systems to apocalyptic ideological states. Apocalyptic ideological states fund non-state actors around the world. And in Somalia and elsewhere non-state actors are constrained only by their ever increasing capabilities.

When all the world’s a “distraction,” maybe you’re not the main event after all. Most wealthy nations lack the means to defend themselves. Those few that do, lack the will. Meanwhile, basket-case jurisdictions send out ever-bolder freelance marauders to prey on the civilized world with impunity. Don’t be surprised if “the civilized world” shrivels and retreats in the face of state-of-the-art reprimitivization. From piracy to nukes to the limp response of the hyperpower, this is not a “distraction” but a portent of the future.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
Hillary was correct during the campaign. He has failed every 4am phone call.
LOL.

On that note... here's a really good one:

This one's from a Brit.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/gerald_...y_on_the_block

Quote:
Barack Obama: President Pantywaist - new surrender monkey on the block

Posted By: Gerald Warner at Apr 10, 2009 at 10:20:05

President Barack Obama has recently completed the most successful foreign policy tour since Napoleon's retreat from Moscow. You name it, he blew it. What was his big deal economic programme that he was determined to drive through the G20 summit? Another massive stimulus package, globally funded and co-ordinated. Did he achieve it? Not so as you'd notice.

Barack is not the first New World ingenue to discover that European leaders will load him with praise, struggle sycophantically to be photographed with him and outdo him in Utopian rhetoric. But when it comes to the critical moment of opening their wallets - suddenly it is flag-day in Aberdeen. Okay, put the G20 down to inexperience, beginner's nerves, what you will.

On to Nato and the next big objective: to persuade the same European evasion experts that America, Britain and Canada should no longer bear the brunt of the Afghan struggle virtually unassisted. The Old World sucked through its teeth, said that was asking a lot - but, seeing it was Barack, to whom they could refuse nothing, they would graciously accede to his wishes.

So The One retired triumphant, having secured a massive contribution of 5,000 extra troops - all of them non-combatant, of course - which must really have put the wind up the Taliban, at the prospect of 5,000 more infidel cooks and bottle-washers swarming into the less hazardous regions of Afghanistan.

Then came the dramatic bit, the authentic West Wing script, with the President wakened in the middle of the night in Prague to be told that Kim Jong-il had just launched a Taepodong-2 missile. America had Aegis destroyers tracking the missile and could have shot it down. But Uncle Sam had a sterner reprisal in store for l'il ole Kim (as Dame Edna might call him): a multi-megaton strike of Obama hot air.

"Rules must be binding," declared Obama, referring to the fact that Kim had just breached UN Resolutions 1695 and 1718. "Violations must be punished." (Sounds ominous.) "Words must mean something." (Why, Barack? They never did before, for you - as a cursory glance at your many speeches will show.)

President Pantywaist is hopping mad and he has a strategy to cut Kim down to size: he is going to slice $1.4bn off America's missile defence programme, presumably on the calculation that Kim would feel it unsporting to hit a sitting duck, so that will spoil his fun.

Watch out, France and Co, there is a new surrender monkey on the block and, over the next four years, he will spectacularly sell out the interests of the West with every kind of liberal-delusionist initiative on nuclear disarmament and sitting down to negotiate with any power freak who wants to buy time to get a good ICBM fix on San Francisco, or wherever. If you thought the world was a tad unsafe with Dubya around, just wait until President Pantywaist gets into his stride.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:25 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Don't even get me started, and I barely pay attention to the News these days.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Lifer

It's fucking ridiculous what they expect us to believe. The sad part is the majority of American citizens have no fucking clue whatsoever.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Time Served

And now the pirates are all dead/captured. I'm not an Obamafan, but you guys on this site really are determined not to give him any chance whatsoever.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 08:04 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
And now the pirates are all dead/captured. I'm not an Obamafan, but you guys on this site really are determined not to give him any chance whatsoever.
His chance has came and gone.....

He failed!
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Some people have made up their minds no matter what. Funny, it's almost like someone has taught them to pick a team and root against the other side and hope they fail........
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
Some people have made up their minds no matter what. Funny, it's almost like someone has taught them to pick a team and root against the other side and hope they fail........
Tell me one positive thing he has done, since he's been in office. Just one.

I'll be waiting.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post

I'll be waiting.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:14 PM
PAN

Quote:

I'll be waiting.

He's increased the focus on how many of us are racially insensitive!

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Time Served

Quote:

I'll be waiting.
He killed some pirates...
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Location: On the express train to management training in hell.
Quote:
He killed some pirates...
I thought the seals killed them? All he did was complain cause he had one more "distraction". Nevermind that firing on our military is considered an act of war.

I'm still waiting too... but im not holding my breath.

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
That's directed at you, UHHHbama
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I'll be waiting.
Never said he did/will????

I just don't go around with a hard-on for the guy constantly yelling about the sky falling. I understand that everyone has their own opinion and that some people will like him and others will not. But when something good happens it's like, "Well that damn __gg__ had nothing to do with it!!!" and then in the same breath if an astroid hits Mars they'll say, "That damn __gg__ should have done something!!!" You don't have to be an Obama mark to say good job.....
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:22 PM
PAN

Quote:

I just don't go around with a hard-on for the guy constantly yelling about the sky falling. I understand that everyone has their own opinion and that some people will like him and others will not. But when something good happens it's like, "Well that damn __gg__ had nothing to do with it!!!" and then in the same breath if an astroid hits Mars they'll say, "That damn __gg__ should have done something!!!" You don't have to be an Obama mark to say good job.....

Why he gotta be a ni__er?

Racist ass. If you're gonna use part of the word just say it, don't spray it!
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Lifer

I love how anyone who is anti-Obama is instantly a racist asshole. I guess the race card trumps sanity.

Killing the three pirates was a good success, would have been outstanding if they had killed the fourth also. Let's capitalize on the momentum and transfer the sniper footage into .wmv files and drop biodegradable iPod "leaflets" along the coast of Somalia. Combine technology, thinly veiled threats, and entertainment all in one eco-friendly package!
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Why he gotta be a ni__er?

Racist ass. If you're gonna use part of the word just say it, don't spray it!

That's the way it goes down around here and we all know it. Ever wonder why there was a reminder about the banning for using the "N word" in threads shortly after 1/20? I just call it like I see it and like I was saying, you don't have to be an Obama mark or a card carrying democrat to say good job.... That's my opinion and if for some reason you don't want to beleive anything good can possibly happen for the next 3 1/2 years, then fine. I'm sure that within the next year we'll be watching an execution tape of somoli pirates killing some Americans or French and then you can have your day blaming Obama and then the ones against him will be happy.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 02:04 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:

I just find it extremely surprising that he would have even ordered the snipers to take them out. We know his pussified stance on terrorists, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, and Cuba. Why would he change his stance on pirates?

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 02:15 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I love how anyone who is anti-Obama is instantly a racist asshole. I guess the race card trumps sanity.

Killing the three pirates was a good success, would have been outstanding if they had killed the fourth also. Let's capitalize on the momentum and transfer the sniper footage into .wmv files and drop biodegradable iPod "leaflets" along the coast of Somalia. Combine technology, thinly veiled threats, and entertainment all in one eco-friendly package!
What will happen is that people who are anti-obama will get tired of being labeled as racists and will just begin saying any and everything without care of being labeled a racist.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
You implied it, by your remarks.

Quote:
You don't have to be an Obama mark to say good job.....

As soon as he does something worthy of praise, I'll say he did a good job. As of yet, he's done nothing but trample my rights and liberties. Pardon me for not being quick to thank him for turning America in to the next Russia.
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Lifer

You miss interpreted what I meant. All I'm saying is that a lot of people are going to tote the line and say the same things and keep the same opinion no matter what happens. Many of those same people are rooting for disaster just to fullfill there agenda. I'm not cool with that. How does that kind of thinking help anyone? I don't beleive the world is binary. I like to think here are degrees of separation. I myself am not an Obama mark, but even I was/wasn't, I can sit here and admit that if he had anything to do with the decision to send a ship over, send a team in, or even give the OK to pull the trigger, well, good for him. I agree with that decision.

And as far as being a racist, please...

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...ighlight=obama
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And as far as being a racist, please...

I started that (JOKE FORUM) thread. Show me one racially charged comment in the whole thing.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Lifer

I would have to say that suggesting the assination of the first black president in the near future might be considered slightly racist. Is that a strech or do you think Jay Leno should use that one?????
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Lifer

Yeah, of course that is a ridiculous stretch. Leno can use it as long as he sends me a royalty check.

So I guess this would be reverse discrimination? Because of course any comment about the death of a person is only strictly related to their race.

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Lifer

I just find it amusing that people have such a hard time admitting the watermelon grabbing, lincoln driving, soon to be assasinated for no good reason POTUS could make a good decision just because they didn't vote for him. What? That wasn't racist.....
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Time Served

Quote:
I just find it amusing that people have such a hard time admitting the watermelon grabbing, lincoln driving, soon to be assasinated for no good reason POTUS could make a good decision just because they didn't vote for him. What? That wasn't racist.....

If hillary had won you could accuse them of being sexist, because we would still disagree with all the liberal bullshit she would be trying to do. What would you accuse them of if it was Biden they were against?.....makng fun of old people? Race has nothing to do with it, the fact he is a super liberal hunk of crap that is trying to take away our rights and forcing more and more government on us is the problem.

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:

I'll be waiting.

He bought a dog... oh yea and he payed some mortgages.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyp View Post
If hillary had won you could accuse them of being sexist, because we would still disagree with all the liberal bullshit she would be trying to do. What would you accuse them of if it was Biden they were against?.....makng fun of old people? Race has nothing to do with it, the fact he is a super liberal hunk of crap that is trying to take away our rights and forcing more and more government on us is the problem.
I could not care less who is racist or not, but geez, just admit it when you are. So does the watermellon joke work with Clinton or Biden? Maybe you could explain how that joke is funny with Obama? And again for the 3-4th time, no one, myself included, is trying to promote Obama as an overall positive. I'm just simply pointing out that no matter what people think they know or what happens during his time in office their minds are made up, even when/if things go well. The man is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Does that seem like the right way to think?
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:18 PM
not exclude

Quote:
You lost any credibility when you called the assassination joke racist, dummy.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
The man is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Does that seem like the right way to think?
No, but it sure does sound like how Bush was treated. Oh yea and he is white.
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
You lost any credibility when you called the assassination joke racist, dummy.
Not my original point anyways. So you're going to sit here and try to tell me that that particular joke has nothing to do with the current president being black? OK. You ever try to piss on someone head and then tell them it's raining?

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Lifer

Since I posted that joke, I can tell you without any doubt at all that I never intended it to be considered racial. Not even slightly.

Of course I don't speak for everyone here, but I can tell you right now the least of my problems with Obama is the color of his skin.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Not my original point anyways. So you're going to sit here and try to tell me that that particular joke has nothing to do with the current president being black? OK. You ever try to piss on someone head and then tell them it's raining?

First one is not racist... its a fact that Obama is black... if the joke would have said a derogatory term instead of black it would have been racist. It is also a fact that he is the 1st black president... fact not racism

2nd one is borderline.. it could be racists if you are close minded enough to think only black people have been hung.

3rd one is definately racists.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Of course I don't speak for everyone here, but I can tell you right now the least of my problems with Obama is the color of his skin.
x2... when you are that stupid and inexperienced... it does not matter what color you are.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
2nd one is borderline.. it could be racists if you are close minded enough to think only black people have been hung.
White people were hanged back in the day?! No wai! George W. Bush must have told you that lie.

post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Lifer

It's fine with me like I said. Just act like an adult and own up to it.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Quote:
So does the watermellon joke work with Clinton or Biden? Maybe you could explain how that joke is funny with Obama?
It all depends on if Cliton or Biden are attracted to watermelon.

For fuck's sake people, it's not a RACIST joke. If he had been referred to as a Ni then it would have been racist. By suggesting that he likes watermelon is a STEREOTYPE. Just like when i said the next Harold And Kumar movie will be "Goes To Church's". It's not racist, it's a steretype. There's a difference. People need to drop the fucking race card already.

Just for the sake of stirring the pot, i propose three ideas..

1) What do you think about all the people that voted for him just because they wanted to be a part of electing the first black president? Do you think race was a motivation there? I'll tell you right now i didnt vote for him based on his melanin content.

2) Do you ever wonder if there are black people in this country that refer to him as one of their "Niggaa's?" (Not implying the racial slur here.. i'm referring to their term of endearment that they claim white people can't use)

3) What do you think the other side would be doing if Alan Keys made it farther and won? I'll tell you right now that i would have voted for him. Do you think the people on the other side wouldnt be throwing the same jokes around?

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:37 PM
'tis the season

It's no different than all of the "redneck" jokes that have been made about Dubya. Take a look at Will Ferrell's recent HBO special. If someone, anyone, is looking to put down or make fun of someone, they will take anything they can. It's just they way people, in general, are. Like someone said above, if Hilary was POTUS, there would be comments based on her gender. Get the fuck over it.

That being said, I personally can't stand the blubbering dipshit we have in office now. I can also promise you that the color of his skin doesn't mean jack shit to me. The way he is handling things already, THAT it what I have a problem with. Just like the vast majority of others that don't want him in office.

2002 Corvette --Sold
2009 Mazda CX7 GT--Turbo baby hauler
1976 #s matching Formula--Weekend fun
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic5.0 View Post
It's no different than all of the "redneck" jokes that have been made about Dubya. Take a look at Will Ferrell's recent HBO special. If someone, anyone, is looking to put down or make fun of someone, they will take anything they can. It's just they way people, in general, are. Like someone said above, if Hilary was POTUS, there would be comments based on her gender. Get the fuck over it.

That being said, I personally can't stand the blubbering dipshit we have in office now. I can also promise you that the color of his skin doesn't mean jack shit to me. The way he is handling things already, THAT it what I have a problem with. Just like the vast majority of others that don't want him in office.

Good point on both accounts. I'm quite sure if she had been elected, you would have read jokes very similar in design, but with "Kitchen" instead of "watermelon".

Jokes about her "stimulus package" to replace all the kitchen appliances in the white house with new energy efficient units, jokes about her planting tomatoes and shit in the rose garden, etc.. But is it racist? Nope. It's stereotypical. I'll be the first to admit i'm a stereotypical ass, and i definitely don't feel bad about making those kind of jokes.

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 08:15 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoorsLightCoupe View Post
1) What do you think about all the people that voted for him just because they wanted to be a part of electing the first black president? Do you think race was a motivation there? I'll tell you right now i didnt vote for him based on his melanin content.
Yes, very much motivated by the color of his skin.

Prior to January, when we had multiple layoffs, I was working with a large number of black women. I would put feelers out during the campaign and then debate a bit with them if I felt like it. At one point, one of them said "I was born to vote this way".

I lost all kinds of respect for that girl that day.

post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 PM
PAN

Quote:
Since I posted that joke, I can tell you without any doubt at all that I never intended it to be considered racial. Not even slightly.

You got some nice I's boy... [/Leon]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement