The GOP answer to the budget issue. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Exclamation The GOP answer to the budget issue.

http://www.gop.gov/solutions/budget/...very-final.pdf

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Oil & Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
This reads like the basic fundimental platform the GOP have always had. Infortunitely Joe Blow voter decided that instead of tax cuts creating jobs and revenue, they'd rather have a slick sounding half black Senator who has never run anything, pushing the liberal agenda with a cooperative congress.

1965 Mustang coupe 289
2010 Edge
2010 Altima SL (Wife)
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starstanger View Post
This reads like the basic fundamental platform the GOP have always had. Unfortunately Joe Blow voter decided that instead of tax cuts creating jobs and revenue, they'd rather have a slick sounding, less than 1/8th African Negro Senator, who has never run anything, pushing the liberal agenda with a cooperative congress.
Fixed ;p

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starstanger View Post
This reads like the basic fundimental platform the GOP have always had. Infortunitely Joe Blow voter decided that instead of tax cuts creating jobs and revenue, they'd rather have a slick sounding half black Senator who has never run anything, pushing the liberal agenda with a cooperative congress.
Instead of tax cuts? Maybe you missed the part where Obama's group cut taxes.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Ima enjoy that 13 extra dollars a month till january, then it goes down to 8 dollars.

Hey honey, obama gave us a tax cut. Now we can eat at Mc D's, so long as we don't take the kids.

post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Oil & Gas

Quote:
Obama's group didn't cut my taxes.

1965 Mustang coupe 289
2010 Edge
2010 Altima SL (Wife)
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 AM

So... it's a budget... with no numbers?

The only numbers on the thing are in reference to the budget in question.

Even reporters from the right were wondering why they were even AT the press conference, and asking why there were no numbers in the budget. All the GOP's would say is "we'll have details next week".

The GOP has become the OP.
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I voted for McCain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp View Post
So... it's a budget... with no numbers?

The only numbers on the thing are in reference to the budget in question.

Even reporters from the right were wondering why they were even AT the press conference, and asking why there were no numbers in the budget. All the GOP's would say is "we'll have details next week".

Move to France fuck stick.

post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
Move to France fuck stick.
Good argument! It's actually more articulate than the budget with no numbers.
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Good argument! It's actually more articulate than the budget with no numbers.
Any chance you would be willing to answer some questions in defense of the Messiah if we start an "ask gpamp" thread about your opinions of what he has done so far and what he is responsible for?

The Obama supporters seem to have left once the Messiah started backtracking on ALL of his campaign promises and you just now returned.

You up for it?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:

Maybe YOU missed "Cap and Trade." This is before the election:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdi4o...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZxnT5tHVIo

Tax cut??? Whooptee fuckin do

He is gonna tax that ass on driving, turning on a light bulb and taking a shower. I hope your $13 dollar "tax cut" will cover that.
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Any chance you would be willing to answer some questions in defense of the Messiah if we start an "ask gpamp" thread about your opinions of what he has done so far and what he is responsible for?

The Obama supporters seem to have left once the Messiah started backtracking on ALL of his campaign promises and you just now returned.

You up for it?
a) The guy's been in office for 2 months, and you already have your Obama hate goggles on. At least most of us on the left gave Bush 4 years. Maybe you hate Obama because he's black, maybe you hate him because he's the President of the United States, and you secretly hate America, I don't know, but...

b) I refuse to play your stupid game of "Paladin posts bullshit then expects everyone to fly around the internet trying to prove his bullshit to be bullshit".

We'll never agree, dude. Why do you care? You have Obama hate googles on, and those things are plastered to your brain.

PS: Why didn't you defend the fact that your party had no numbers in their BUDGET?? You should be defending that right now. Because even Bush, as Governor knew that there were numbers in budgets.

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -W
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
a) The guy's been in office for 2 months, and you already have your Obama hate goggles on. At least most of us on the left gave Bush 4 years. Maybe you hate Obama because he's black, maybe you hate him because he's the President of the United States, and you secretly hate America, I don't know, but...

b) I refuse to play your stupid game of "Paladin posts bullshit then expects everyone to fly around the internet trying to prove his bullshit to be bullshit".

We'll never agree, dude. Why do you care? You have Obama hate googles on, and those things are plastered to your brain.

PS: Why didn't you defend the fact that your party had no numbers in their BUDGET?? You should be defending that right now. Because even Bush, as Governor knew that there were numbers in budgets.

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -W
So asking about campaign promises he has already backtracked on is unfair? Hell, you gave Bush no chance, claimed he was lying when it was clear he hadn't, and now we are supposed to let the Messiah lie to us and not respond? That is why you are ridiculed so much on here, you are a hypocrite.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
So asking about campaign promises he has already backtracked on is unfair?
Considering the first post I've posted in months was "the GOP has a lame budget with no numbers" and all you can do is say "well what about __________", I'd say you're a horrible debate opponent. Either that, or I'm right, and you won't admit it, therefore you move to something completely different.

Quote:
Hell, you gave Bush no chance, claimed he was lying when it was clear he hadn't, and now we are supposed to let the Messiah lie to us and not respond?
Everyone was with Bush until he invaded Iraq. We were united against 1 enemy, and he used that unification to do something that half the country disagreed with. THAT'S when over half the nation turned on him. Give Obama at least 2 years before you start reaming him for every little thing he does.

Quote:
That is why you are ridiculed so much on here, you are a hypocrite.
No sir. You've ALWAYS been the hypocrite, but you've also always been a manipulator, and attempt to slant everything in your direction. You're a liar, a hypocrite, and you're kind of a douchebag. You haven't changed, at least.
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 01:01 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Considering the first post I've posted in months was "the GOP has a lame budget with no numbers" and all you can do is say "well what about __________", I'd say you're a horrible debate opponent. Either that, or I'm right, and you won't admit it, therefore you move to something completely different.

Everyone was with Bush until he invaded Iraq. We were united against 1 enemy, and he used that unification to do something that half the country disagreed with. THAT'S when over half the nation turned on him. Give Obama at least 2 years before you start reaming him for every little thing he does.

No sir. You've ALWAYS been the hypocrite, but you've also always been a manipulator, and attempt to slant everything in your direction. You're a liar, a hypocrite, and you're kind of a douchebag. You haven't changed, at least.

I'm beginning to think you hate every and all kinds of bush.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 01:04 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'm beginning to think you hate every and all kinds of bush.
Just look at his band....and tell me you didn't already think this.
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 01:06 PM

Yet there are STILL no numbers in that budget.

the GOP is now Sarah Palin, Michael "You da man!" Steele, Rush Limbaugh, and a numberless budget.

Sorry. Not my fault.
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 01:21 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:

the GOP is now Sarah Palin, Michael "You da man!" Steele, Rush Limbaugh, and a numberless budget.

Sorry. Not my fault.
And the dems.....

Nancy " i wanna g5 to trot around in on the taxpayers dime" Pelosi
Harry "Across the Isle as long as you come across to his side" reid
Rahm "never let a crisis go to waste" Emmanuel
Charlie " I wrote the tax code, yet cant pay my taxes" Rangel
Tim "President of the NY federal reserve and cant pay my taxes" Geithner
Chris " Im in the pocket of AIG, Countrywide, Freddie, fannie" Dodd
franklin "i ran freddie into the ground and got away scott free" raines
Barney " sufferin suckatash, I'm gay and this is my lover" Fife, i mean Frank

And a host of tax cheats that have nearly gotten sweet politcal appointements because they want to raise taxes, yet cant seem to muster the will to pay any themselves. That is, until the american people found out.

Yea, some star players there pampers.
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
And the dems.....

Nancy " i wanna g5 to trot around in on the taxpayers dime" Pelosi
Harry "Across the Isle as long as you come across to his side" reid
Rahm "never let a crisis go to waste" Emmanuel
Charlie " IWhy don't you mind your God damned business" Rangel
Tim "President of the NY federal reserve and cant pay my taxes" Geithner
Chris " Im in the pocket of AIG, Countrywide, Freddie, fannie" Dodd
franklin "i ran freddie into the ground and got away scott free" raines
Barney " sufferin suckatash, I'm gay and this is my lover" Fife, i mean Frank

And a host of tax cheats that have nearly gotten sweet politcal appointements because they want to raise taxes, yet cant seem to muster the will to pay any themselves. That is, until the american people found out.

Yea, some star players there pampers.
Fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdtFWCrCh0s
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Sorry. Not my fault.
I love how the libs tried their damnedest to make Limbaugh the "leader" of the Republican Party, and it failed, big time. All it did was raise his ratings more than 20%, and dropped Barry's. You notice how they've backed off that, right?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 04:43 PM

The Republicans' only hope is Ron Paul.

And I'm being serious.
post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:

And I'm being serious.

No, the only hope that ANYBODY has is in themselves. (R)s are just as bad as the (D)s. I don't have any faith in the government. The only faith and hope I have, lie in God, my family and myself.
post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout01gt View Post
No, the only hope that ANYBODY has is in themselves. (R)s are just as bad as the (D)s. I don't have any faith in the government. The only faith and hope I have, lie in God, my family and myself.
Well said sir.

post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 05:50 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I'm sorry but THESE Republicans are the same ones that showed no fiscal discipline when they had control of both houses. It is one of the reasons they are no longer in control

Yes, Obama is ever worse when it comes to spending but it is a telling sign when the last balanced budget was under a Democratic President.

The fact is that neither party gives a shit about a balanced budget or capping the growth of government. BOTH parties are responsible for a huge growth in government over the last decade. Only Clinton reduced the size of the government and the budget.

Fuck'em both. When does the shooting start?

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Lifer

Why does it need numbers? It's the GOP budget plan. The GOP isn't in power anymore. Everything in it goes against the dems agenda so even if it had numbers, would it matter?

This is the equivalant of my wife and I getting in a car and she is driving. She wants to go to Garden Ridge and I want to go to the titty bar. Why would I bother asking what the cover charge is when I know that no matter what I say, we're still going to Garden Ridge?

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbre97 View Post
Why does it need numbers? It's the GOP budget plan. The GOP isn't in power anymore. Everything in it goes against the dems agenda so even if it had numbers, would it matter?

This is the equivalant of my wife and I getting in a car and she is driving. She wants to go to Garden Ridge and I want to go to the titty bar. Why would I bother asking what the cover charge is when I know that no matter what I say, we're still going to Garden Ridge?
haha, no, it's more like your wife wanting a new pair of $700 shoes, and you wanting a new plasma TV.

When she says "I'd like these $700 shoes, and I think we should get them, not your plasma tv." and you say "I think buying the plasma tv is a more economically sound decision" and she asks "how much is it?" and you say "I don't know."
post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

For the sake of conversation gpamp, you should specify who you relate the objects of comparison to. shoes=R tv=D ?

post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Worship me

Quote:

And I'm being serious.
The Republicans' best political device is Obama at the moment. He is doing a wonderful job for them.
post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
For the sake of conversation gpamp, you should specify who you relate the objects of comparison to. shoes=R tv=D ?
Sorry, thought it was obvious that the party who doesn't have numbers in their budget would be the one who doesn't know the price of the TV.
post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:

And I'm being serious.
You're out of your mind. Actually, it's wishful thinking on your part. Ron Paul is deader that disco, my friend. You will see conservatives come out of this that will make Reagan look like FDR. Barry is doing what no Republican could do...make the GOP rise from the ashes and be stronger than ever. Carter did the same thing in 1980.

post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
I'm sorry but THESE Republicans are the same ones that showed no fiscal discipline when they had control of both houses. It is one of the reasons they are no longer in control

Yes, Obama is ever worse when it comes to spending but it is a telling sign when the last balanced budget was under a Democratic President.

The fact is that neither party gives a shit about a balanced budget or capping the growth of government. BOTH parties are responsible for a huge growth in government over the last decade. Only Clinton reduced the size of the government and the budget.

Fuck'em both. When does the shooting start?
Soon, I think. Something will happen at one of the TEA parties that ACORN raids and that will be the beginning of it all. A fight, stabbing or a shooting will set it all off. I am lickin' my chops. Too bad it probably won't happen here in little ole San Angelo. It might in Dallas though.
post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 10:54 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Soon, I think. Something will happen at one of the TEA parties that ACORN raids and that will be the beginning of it all. A fight, stabbing or a shooting will set it all off. I am lickin' my chops. Too bad it probably won't happen here in little ole San Angelo. It might in Dallas though.
I'm tellin' ya man. This country is a slow building powderkeg. A totally fucked up economy is a damn good fuse for it. All it takes is a key assassination and BOOM. Politicians will over react (as they did with the Patriot act and the Stimulus bill) and try to go draconian on us. That's when it hits the fan.

I'm not advocating violence but I think the writing is on the wall. It is just a matter of time. People are starting to realize that they don't have control of this government. The financial sector of this country does. Taxpayers are nothing more than little pockets of revenue generation. All Goldman Sachs and others have to do is keep feeding a little cash to Congress.

post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Lifer

We'll all need one of these!

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
You guys give ACORN way more credit, power, and duties than they have. I realize it was a catchphrase during the election, but damn. They're community organizers.

I mean...

"ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is a community-based organization that advocates for better housing and wages for the poor, more community development investment from banks and governments, and better public schools."

Jesus. They might as well be terrorists!!

Last edited by gpamp; 03-28-2009 at 11:46 PM.
post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 11:30 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
You guys give ACORN way more credit, power, and duties than they have. I realize it was a catchphrase during the election, but damn. They're community organizers.

I mean...

"ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is a community-based organization that advocates for better housing and wages for the poor, more community development investment from banks and governments, and better public schools."

Where the fuck is ACORN in my post?

post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Where the fuck is ACORN in my post?
damn. Sorry. I hit the wrong "quote" button. it's in Blacked out. I'll change that.
post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
haha, no, it's more like your wife wanting a new pair of $700 shoes, and you wanting a new plasma TV.

When she says "I'd like these $700 shoes, and I think we should get them, not your plasma tv." and you say "I think buying the plasma tv is a more economically sound decision" and she asks "how much is it?" and you say "I don't know."
One thing you're missing though is why would she even bother asking how much the TV is?

She has the wallet. She makes the financial decisions. If she likes shoes (govt expansion and deficit spending) and hates plasma tv's (conservatism), why does the price of the TV matter? Her agenda is to waste money on a pair of shoes and she holds the credit card. His input on why the TV is better is a moot point. She has already made up her mind.

He could talk til he was blue in the face and all she would do is turn to him and say "I won. I've got the CC. I'll trump you on that...."

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbre97 View Post
One thing you're missing though is why would she even bother asking how much the TV is?

She has the wallet. She makes the financial decisions. If she likes shoes (govt expansion and deficit spending) and hates plasma tv's (conservatism), why does the price of the TV matter? Her agenda is to waste money on a pair of shoes and she holds the credit card. His input on why the TV is better is a moot point. She has already made up her mind.

He could talk til he was blue in the face and all she would do is turn to him and say "I won. I've got the CC. I'll trump you on that...."
Well said. But the GOP budget came about because the President said "show me something". And they came up with a numberless budget.
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
You're out of your mind. Actually, it's wishful thinking on your part. Ron Paul is deader that disco, my friend. You will see conservatives come out of this that will make Reagan look like FDR. Barry is doing what no Republican could do...make the GOP rise from the ashes and be stronger than ever. Carter did the same thing in 1980.
Well then I still don't understand why they need Barry to get em off their ass. And I guess they had a good reason for keeping their "best candidate" over RP hidden this last go round. That didn't go so well for em...us.

Truth is, I think they need a "permission slip" from wall street to make a fair decision. "Fair" to the US citizens that is.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt View Post
Well then I still don't understand why they need Barry to get em off their ass. And I guess they had a good reason for keeping their "best candidate" over RP hidden this last go round. That didn't go so well for em...us.

Truth is, I think they need a "permission slip" from wall street to make a fair decision. "Fair" to the US citizens that is.
Barry will get them off their asses the same way Carter did. RP will be (is) too old. While I did, admittedly, agree with some of RP's principles, he didn't have a chance. You also know that McCain was not my guy, but better (far better) than what we have now. I voted against Barry, not "for" McCain. If RP had run against Barry, he would have had my vote, too. Hell, Fidel Castro would have gotten my vote, if we had known then what we know now.

post #41 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:

I mean...

I used ACORN as an example, maybe because if this and several other places I have heard of:

http://www.sodahead.com/question/289...e-tea-parties/

Sounds like it is happening already.

Maybe people be from people more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvP0ArKIGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdPSq...eature=related
post #42 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I mean...

The guy who defends ACORN as not having much "credit, power, and duties" in the Obama administration and the current Democratic party thinks Rush Limbaugh runs the Republican party. Yeah, you are too stupid to be commenting on political issues dude.

ACORN is a very powerful force in your Messiah's administartion, just like the ACLU, Gay and Lesbian Rights groups, and all the other left wing crazies that have his ear.

How much money did ACORN get from the government and how much money did Rush get from the government in the last 8 years? (I bet you ignore this little question)

FYI, remember I don't listen to Rush, so don't go lying again like you did about me supporting Rudy. It cost blackie his pride when he took your lies on that little tidbit as fact a few montsh ago.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #43 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Oil & Gas

We need to turn this thread into a time capsule. Hits our email in 6 months, 12 months, 2 years, and 4 yes. Let's see exactly how many campaign promises are broken. Let's see where the taxes fall. Let's see where our economy is. Let's see how much of the private sector is highjacked by our ever growing government. I'll gladly admit I was wrong if proven.

All I know is I'm going to work much harder, make alot more money, and the government is going to take more than ever, and give it to those who don't work as hard. They will blow it, or pay bills with it. I would have invested it.

Let's all sit back and watch.

1965 Mustang coupe 289
2010 Edge
2010 Altima SL (Wife)
post #44 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
How much money did ACORN get from the government and how much money did Rush get from the government in the last 8 years? (I bet you ignore this little question)
I'd gamble on the fact that you don't know the true answer to that question, yourself. You don't know how much money Rush got from the GOP to speak at their pep rally. You don't know if they're feeding money (or fed money, under the Bush admin.) to him under the table. You can never know that. And whatever number you pull to say ACORN recieved, is probably innacurate.

Your points are usually based in assumptions and outright lies.
post #45 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'd gamble on the fact that you don't know the true answer to that question, yourself. You don't know how much money Rush got from the GOP to speak at their pep rally. You don't know if they're feeding money (or fed money, under the Bush admin.) to him under the table. You can never know that. And whatever number you pull to say ACORN recieved, is probably innacurate.

Limbaugh doesn't get paid for that...he could buy the whole RNC out of his ass-pocket! LOL! Hell, last I saw, he made about $25 mil a year just off his radio show. He won't be bought, because he doesn't need the money. It's all for the exposure.

post #46 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Limbaugh doesn't get paid for that...he could buy the whole RNC out of his ass-pocket! LOL! Hell, last I saw, he made about $25 mil a year just off his radio show. He won't be bought, because he doesn't need the money. It's all for the exposure.
You're kidding right? Prove to me he didn't get paid.

Former presidents, most of whom are far wealthier than Limbaugh, get paid BIG bucks to speak at things like that. Why wouldn't Rush get paid? Exposure? If he's such a high paid entertainer, he doesn't need the exposure. He gets paid because a TON of people listen to him.
post #47 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
You can keep arguing party politics and continue to dance in the political mire with the other fucksticks on the site, or you can start making REAL points with substantiative evidence to prove that the people you voted into office aren't a part of the problem.

post #48 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
And whatever number you pull to say ACORN recieved, is probably innacurate.

Are you fucking serious, dude? You're discounting anything he says based on assumptions and you just said it yourself. Come the fuck on man.

post #49 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
And whatever number you pull to say ACORN recieved, is probably innacurate.
# $1 billion stashed away in Community Development Block Grant money that ACORN often vies for successfully.

# $10 million to develop or refurbish low-income housing, a specialty of ACORN’s.

# $4.19 billion to stave off foreclosures via the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. Vadum states the current version of the bill would allow nonprofits to compete with cities and states for $3.44 billion of the money. Some $750 million, however, would be exclusively reserved for nonprofits such as ACORN

I verified these numbers using the Wall Street Journal's 'Bailout Breakdown' graphic, for further proof.

post #50 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
# $1 billion stashed away in Community Development Block Grant money that ACORN often vies for successfully.

# $10 million to develop or refurbish low-income housing, a specialty of ACORN’s.

# $4.19 billion to stave off foreclosures via the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. Vadum states the current version of the bill would allow nonprofits to compete with cities and states for $3.44 billion of the money. Some $750 million, however, would be exclusively reserved for nonprofits such as ACORN

I verified these numbers using the Wall Street Journal's 'Bailout Breakdown' graphic, for further proof.
The original point I was trying to make is that ACORN is not some secret organization that's pulling strings in the White House and bringing down the country, as Paladin and Blackedout think it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement