Shocks and electricutions in Iraq - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Out

Shocks and electricutions in Iraq

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090326/...electrocutions

Just for the sake of arguing, a lot of these problems were in pre-existing structures that we inherited maintenance on, some just oversight. I know of one of the big lawsuits that is mentioned had nothing to do with what KBR did. The company's area of responsibility was to inspect the building and report the findings, which they did... only to be ignored and have this happen. Now KBR is being blamed.

Granted, I know there's issues that KBR is responsible for, but they're under tight orders to fix these situations. I've responded to some incidents with Task Force SAFE (Mentioned in the article) and they're making sure things are getting right.

I'm not making excuses for KBR. Lord knows I've been screaming for something to be done since I hit the ground in 2004. Cheap, inadequate parts and electricians that weren't licensed is just some of the major issues. The root cause comes down to Management's lack of accoutability. The electrical issues is just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much wrong with the project out here. I'm just doing what I can to make it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Lifer

I tend to ignore those articles because most of the reporters dont have a clue about whats going on in Iraq, Afganistan or anywhere else outside their comfy little cubicle...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement