So Obama takes days to say anything about AIG bonuses - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Turbobrooks
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm dropping Hamiltons
Posts: 16,252
So Obama takes days to say anything about AIG bonuses

and it's ok, but Bush sits in a classroom for a few minutes thinking on 9/11 and he's an idiot?

Is there a double standard here?



Allen Werl Performance Racecraft Motorsports Inc.

Made possible by:
http://www.jamesbschassisservices.com
http://www.brooksracecraft.com
Andrew is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 02:30 PM
KJ94GT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Nevar!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 02:31 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
and it's ok, but bush sits in a classroom for a few minutes thinking on 9/11 and he's an idiot?

Is there a double standard here?
you racist [email protected]!
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
The hypocrisy from the left is so amazing and so blatant. If Bush made a statement (like the Special Olympics) or read blindly from a teleprompter that which was obviously not his lines or backtracked on almost all of his campaign promises or had so many appointees not pay their taxes, etc. etc. etc. the left would be all over him calling him stupid and way in over his head. But if the Messiah does it we need to ignore it and understand being POTUS is a demanding job and he is doing a bang-up job in spite of all the "mistakes"!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
I just think it is great that we already see this level of incompetence. Imagine how good this is going to get around year 3, its gonna be fabulous entertainment.
AL P is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Frequent Flyer
 
AdamLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 9,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
and it's ok, but Bush sits in a classroom for a few minutes thinking on 9/11 and he's an idiot?

Is there a double standard here?
It's tough to back pedal that fast and safely... you need some time to divert attention from why you allowed the loopholes to exist in the first place.
AdamLX is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
They would have known about the bonuses, if they had taken the time to read that fucking "stimulus bill" before passing it. There's no telling what else is in there...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I just think it is great that we already see this level of incompetence. Imagine how good this is going to get around year 3, its gonna be fabulous entertainment.


Do you really think he's still going to be there in year 3? I predict people pushing for impeachment right at 18 months in office.
bcoop is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
of course the people that were stupid enough to elect him are going to be to stupid to realize all the wrong doings and hypacracy (sp?) that he is up to
samuel642000 is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post
of course the people that were stupid enough to elect him are going to be to stupid to realize all the wrong doings and hypacracy (sp?) that he is up to
Ironic.

Slowhand is offline  
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Do you really think he's still going to be there in year 3? I predict people pushing for impeachment right at 18 months in office.
From your lips to God's ears...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:31 PM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!
 
greenbullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: listening to the box of excuses why fourteen3s million dollar car wont run a number...
Posts: 9,734
and whe asked about it in the conference, he responds hastily with "i like to know what im talking about befrore i speak" WTF about all the other times youve shown you dont have a clue,lmao

resident heater core/ring&pinion installer
greenbullitt is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
I listened to this yesterday. He never actually answered a question and when pushed by the media (which suprised me they actually asked good questions), he fell back to his campaign speech
forever_frost is offline  
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
I listened to this yesterday. He never actually answered a question and when pushed by the media (which suprised me they actually asked good questions), he fell back to his campaign speech
Ya'll realize he fielded NO questions from any of the financial publications that were represented at the press conference/speech? Newsweek, Wall Street Journal, etc were not allowed to ask questions. It was all pre-determined and the seating was rearranged accordingly.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 03:48 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I just think it is great that we already see this level of incompetence. Imagine how good this is going to get around year 3, its gonna be fabulous entertainment.

It's not great. The general public bought a fake Rolex and is going to be stuck wearing it for the next 4 years and paying for the damned thing for 50. All the time dealing with the rash it leaves on our arm.
BP is offline  
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbullitt View Post
and whe asked about it in the conference, he responds hastily with "i like to know what im talking about befrore i speak" WTF about all the other times youve shown you dont have a clue,lmao
So true!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Ya'll realize he fielded NO questions from any of the financial publications that were represented at the press conference/speech? Newsweek, Wall Street Journal, etc were not allowed to ask questions. It was all pre-determined and the seating was rearranged accordingly.
You mean the guy who made sure the people seated behind him at all of his rally's were very racially diverse did that? Say it ain't so dude! lol

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: tail end of where the hell are we road
Posts: 807
where are all the obamanites ?

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
Bubbaearl is offline  
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Lifer
 
KCHAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: FOOSH!
Posts: 1,410
Would hilary have been this bad/stupid?
KCHAR is offline  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:31 PM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!
 
greenbullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: listening to the box of excuses why fourteen3s million dollar car wont run a number...
Posts: 9,734
I personally think she would have been a better choice than this fool

resident heater core/ring&pinion installer
greenbullitt is offline  
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 753
For me this was the most interesting tidbit about his news conference...

Gone from the presidential podium were the ubiquitous, much-noted teleprompters that gave rise to embarrassing suggestions that Obama needs to be fed his words to avoid Special Olympics or Nancy Reagan gaffes. In the twin teleprompters' place? A larger teleprompter in the back of the room where no one watching on TV could see it.
blownragtop is offline  
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
He can't function without one because NO ONE could keep that many lies straight
forever_frost is offline  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 06:04 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop View Post
For me this was the most interesting tidbit about his news conference...

Gone from the presidential podium were the ubiquitous, much-noted teleprompters that gave rise to embarrassing suggestions that Obama needs to be fed his words to avoid Special Olympics or Nancy Reagan gaffes. In the twin teleprompters' place? A larger teleprompter in the back of the room where no one watching on TV could see it.
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA! This guy is a fucking joke!
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 06:10 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCHAR View Post
Would hilary have been this bad/stupid?
No way, she was by far the best candidate that had a chance of winning.
BP is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 06:17 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Were that Bushs camp he would be castigated and ridiculed beyond belief. Since it's the messiahs camp you learn about it on DFWStangs.

Tragic almost...
Fox466 is offline  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
I noticed that no matter what the question was obama would quickly spiral back around to the economy and how he was "handling" it.

I wonder how much longer gaither has left. He stuck his foot in his mouth today and killed the dollar, then tried to backpedal.
mikeb is offline  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
I noticed that no matter what the question was obama would quickly spiral back around to the economy and how he was "handling" it.

I wonder how much longer gaither has left. He stuck his foot in his mouth today and killed the dollar, then tried to backpedal.
Wait until the market responds tomorrow...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Wait until the market responds tomorrow...
Obama's administration must have all bought short, and needed something to knock the wind out of the market. After all, you can't have the market recovering when the dems want financial chaos to pass their bills.
mikeb is offline  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
I only have one thing to say: if Obama is as bad as you all claim, what does that say about the Republican party since they were the incumbents and LOST BADLY!!! Get over it! He's the POTUS and he will be for a full term. Support the country, take on a positive attitude for a change or GTFO!!! If you have problems, stop posting here and instead use that wonderful education and penmanship you have and write you congressman/senators instead of posting here.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
I only have one thing to say: if Obama is as bad as you all claim, what does that say about the Republican party since they were the incumbents and LOST BADLY!!! Get over it! He's the POTUS and he will be for a full term. Support the country, take on a positive attitude for a change or GTFO!!! If you have problems, stop posting here and instead use that wonderful education and penmanship you have and write you congressman/senators instead of posting here.
I can support my country, and not him. Sorry. One has nothing to do with the other. This is a massive power-grab by his administration, and we can't let it happen. A lot of folks made a mistake by voting for him, when they thought things couldn't get any worse.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I can support my country, and not him. Sorry. One has nothing to do with the other. This is a massive power-grab by his administration, and we can't let it happen. A lot of folks made a mistake by voting for him, when they thought things couldn't get any worse.
Fine, I can believe that. As I've stated before, I don't support everything he's doing. However, bitching about it on this forum does nothing. I'm sick and tired of the negativity here, the media, and everywhere you look. If it/he is honestly that bad, then shame on us for being duped and we deserve to suffer. If there is an option to correct the "perceived" mistake, then let's do it instead of starting another Obama bashing thread here or making another internet article/report. Get involved with your locap reps. Otherwise, show a little positive attitude instead of basically saying, "I hope the economy crashes just to show Obama is an idiot and the American people are stupid." Hell, if I had been someone calling Obama out, I'd be happy to stand up and say, "I was wrong. These plans are great," if the market and everything accordingly soared long-term. If they don't, sitting there typing, "I told you so," does nothing. If you had spent that effort pre-election, he may not have won. The negativity is just a beat down that never ends. Rant off.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Fine, I can believe that. As I've stated before, I don't support everything he's doing. However, bitching about it on this forum does nothing. I'm sick and tired of the negativity here, the media, and everywhere you look. If it/he is honestly that bad, then shame on us for being duped and we deserve to suffer. If there is an option to correct the "perceived" mistake, then let's do it instead of starting another Obama bashing thread here or making another internet article/report. Get involved with your locap reps. Otherwise, show a little positive attitude instead of basically saying, "I hope the economy crashes just to show Obama is an idiot and the American people are stupid." Hell, if I had been someone calling Obama out, I'd be happy to stand up and say, "I was wrong. These plans are great," if the market and everything accordingly soared long-term. If they don't, sitting there typing, "I told you so," does nothing. If you had spent that effort pre-election, he may not have won. The negativity is just a beat down that never ends. Rant off.
What REALLY makes you think that people are doing nothing? Writing letters is worst then doing nothing since you're wasting time doing something that is nothing. I understand what you're saying, but talking about getting over something. It's DFWS, when I'm done being a responsible adult - this is where I come to be a retard.

I can tell you're scheme of trying to have Obama stay in longer by having people write letters as opposed to supporting groups that affect votes/elections. In other words, have somewhat of a voice in the capitol.

For the most part anyway, people are just bitching as a lot of folks could see the writing on the wall. (Even with the Republican candidates.) I personally am glad that Dems got their chance, just to prove to myself that Rep are truly the lesser of two evils. At least they are more realistic on what can and can not happen. When Obama was making comments about the Iraq war, that about flipped me out. Fucking back tracking, comment on the obvious - trying take credit for a high level plan that has BEEN in place for quite awhile.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
I only have one thing to say: if Obama is as bad as you all claim, what does that say about the Republican party since they were the incumbents and LOST BADLY!!! Get over it! He's the POTUS and he will be for a full term. Support the country, take on a positive attitude for a change or GTFO!!! If you have problems, stop posting here and instead use that wonderful education and penmanship you have and write you congressman/senators instead of posting here.
Surely you are not gonna go hypocritical and claim that people who have issues with the President are anti-American if they voice concern or hatred for the man or his policies, right? I sure hope you haven't forgotten what happpened the last 8 years.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Fine, I can believe that. As I've stated before, I don't support everything he's doing. However, bitching about it on this forum does nothing. I'm sick and tired of the negativity here, the media, and everywhere you look. If it/he is honestly that bad, then shame on us for being duped and we deserve to suffer. If there is an option to correct the "perceived" mistake, then let's do it instead of starting another Obama bashing thread here or making another internet article/report. Get involved with your locap reps. Otherwise, show a little positive attitude instead of basically saying, "I hope the economy crashes just to show Obama is an idiot and the American people are stupid." Hell, if I had been someone calling Obama out, I'd be happy to stand up and say, "I was wrong. These plans are great," if the market and everything accordingly soared long-term. If they don't, sitting there typing, "I told you so," does nothing. If you had spent that effort pre-election, he may not have won. The negativity is just a beat down that never ends. Rant off.
Shame on "us" for being duped? Who is the "us" you refer to? I knew he would do exactly what he is doing now. I just thought it would take him 3-4 years to be this obvious about it, not 3-4 months.

I do not wish the country to fail but I refuse to sit idly by and watch him drive us into the ground and sit around like I support it. I did spend my time and my money pre-election fighting him and his inevitable poor decisions.

You either didn't come into this forum pre-election or you weren't paying attention if you did.

I knew he would be corrupt and make poor decisions about his cabinet, try to socialize the government, make it bigger than Bush ever did, and spend like a drunken sailor. How's that for me knowing pre-election what he would do?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 04:21 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Surely you are not gonna go hypocritical and claim that people who have issues with the President are anti-American if they voice concern or hatred for the man or his policies, right? I sure hope you haven't forgotten what happpened the last 8 years.
Not at all. It's fine to have issues, but hoping that the country fails, goes into depression, etc. like so many on here have posted is anti-American IMO. Screw being right over something that brings grief to everyone. I'd rather be wrong and have everyone thrive. That's the point I'm making. I'm sick of hearing the, "I can't wait until it blows up in his face, blah, blah, blah." Get over it already. I have no problem with saying, "Geez, I can't believe this plan they are putting in place. I don't think it has any chance of working. Here's what I think we should do. I hope we'll get lucky and the plan will work though." No one is saying that.

It's like my opinion with our troops in Iraq and Afghan. I have felt that we need to bring them home for a long, long time and do it as fast as possible. I feel that we serve minimal purpose there now and that it's flushing money down the drain. That being said, our position as a country is what it is, and I support the troops there and believe in funding them them with what is necessary to complete the objectives they have in place. I'm not willing to risk American lives just to save a few dollars, even if I think the cause isn't a good one.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 05:02 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Fine, I can believe that. As I've stated before, I don't support everything he's doing. However, bitching about it on this forum does nothing. I'm sick and tired of the negativity here, the media, and everywhere you look. If it/he is honestly that bad, then shame on us for being duped and we deserve to suffer. If there is an option to correct the "perceived" mistake, then let's do it instead of starting another Obama bashing thread here or making another internet article/report. Get involved with your locap reps. Otherwise, show a little positive attitude instead of basically saying, "I hope the economy crashes just to show Obama is an idiot and the American people are stupid." Hell, if I had been someone calling Obama out, I'd be happy to stand up and say, "I was wrong. These plans are great," if the market and everything accordingly soared long-term. If they don't, sitting there typing, "I told you so," does nothing. If you had spent that effort pre-election, he may not have won. The negativity is just a beat down that never ends. Rant off.
"Bitching about it in this forum"? LOL! This IS a "political" forum, is it not? Do you think all we should do is shower praise in this forum? If it weren't for the bitching, hell, we wouldn't even have a board! "Shame on us for being duped"? I wasn't duped, because I didn't vote for Fidel Adolph Obama. Those of us that did our research, and made educated decisions, could NOT have been "duped". The only thing that is "transparent" about Barry, is his insincerity. You can't bullshit a bullshitter...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 06:15 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Not at all. It's fine to have issues, but hoping that the country fails, goes into depression, etc. like so many on here have posted is anti-American IMO. Screw being right over something that brings grief to everyone. I'd rather be wrong and have everyone thrive. That's the point I'm making. I'm sick of hearing the, "I can't wait until it blows up in his face, blah, blah, blah." Get over it already. I have no problem with saying, "Geez, I can't believe this plan they are putting in place. I don't think it has any chance of working. Here's what I think we should do. I hope we'll get lucky and the plan will work though." No one is saying that.

It's like my opinion with our troops in Iraq and Afghan. I have felt that we need to bring them home for a long, long time and do it as fast as possible. I feel that we serve minimal purpose there now and that it's flushing money down the drain. That being said, our position as a country is what it is, and I support the troops there and believe in funding them them with what is necessary to complete the objectives they have in place. I'm not willing to risk American lives just to save a few dollars, even if I think the cause isn't a good one.
This post is less asshole-ish and makes more sense.

Edit: It's still DFWS though. Although I agree on wishing harm on the whole country, just to prove one guy bad. Problem is...how will the Obama voters understand it was a bad choice? Of course, there really are no good choices anymore.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome