Global War on Terror is over, celebrate! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

Global War on Terror is over, celebrate!

It is now the Overseas Contingency Plan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Out

Great... there goes my hazard pay
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Lifer

Wow. Just wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
Wow. Just wow.
Right? Let's just tell our troops, "It's not really as bad as you're making it out to be."
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Lifer

Im sure that it will go through plenty of other name changes as it will be a never ending fight/dispute/issue/problem whatever.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Im sure that it will go through plenty of other name changes as it will be a never ending fight/dispute/issue/problem whatever.
I'm just waiting for the "Wasting Our Time and Money" campaign.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Bullet Sponge

Well, the war is over. We can all go home, right?
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Great... there goes my hazard pay
Sorry sir, that's considered a bonus and will be taxed at 90%.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Sorry sir, that's considered a bonus and will be taxed at 90%.
Taxes are choices these days.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:43 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Taxes are choices these days.
Only for the politically connected
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
Only for the politically connected
Bro... I work for KBR in Iraq. I gots Cheney on speed dial!
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 05:07 AM
Lifer

"Oversea's Contingency Plan"...hmmm. It reminds me of when Mike Tyson was fighting, and his opponents always had a "plan"...until Tyson hit them one time, and then they went into "survival mode". That's where we are with this joke of an administration.
Everything is cool according to plan, until someone walks into an elementary school cafeteria with a bomb strapped to him, and kills 400 kids...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Lifer

Problem is that this shibang is just like the war on drugs/crime/sex/fat people.

Life isnt gonna work out perfectly; and someone is gonna be there to step in and start over killing mass amounts of people, sell plenty of drugs, pass along STDs, or shove their mouth full of fatty foods.

We need to accept it and get over it, or we really need to nut up and start killling way more people around this world and tell everyone else to fuck off while we're at it.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Could tell him for me to "eat shit"?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Tell him that I decline his invitation to go quail hunting, but I appreciate the thought.

Quote:
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt View Post
Could tell him for me to "eat shit"?
I think he hears that on a daily basis.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:15 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Right? Let's just tell our troops, "It's not really as bad as you're making it out to be."
Worked in Vietnam, amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Lifer

Awesome!

Quote:
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, made the following statement today regarding the Obama Administration’s plan to rename the “Global War On Terror” the “Overseas Contingency Operation.”

“President Obama’s desire to re-name the Global War On Terror will not make terrorism any less of a threat to America. Choosing to focus on semantics, instead of a strategy for victory, reveals a lack of seriousness and sends mixed messages to our allies in this fight. Like the Administration’s efforts to re-name terrorist acts as ‘man-caused disasters,’ this change in rhetoric will not change the fact that radical Islamic fundamentalists seek to destroy our way of life and spend every waking moment devising new ways to spread their hate-filled ideology. It is my hope that President Obama would instead see the Global War On Terror for what it truly is – a critical effort to protect Americans and ensure that future generations will be able to live in freedom as well. Many of our military leaders refer to the effort as ‘the Long War,’ recognizing that it will not be won overnight, much like the Cold War took decades to win. It is my sincere hope that President Obama will reassess his priorities, abandon this rhetorical effort and outline his detailed strategy for fighting and winning the Global War On Terror.”

Sen. Cornyn serves on the Finance, Judiciary and Budget Committees. He serves as the top Republican on the Judiciary Committee’s Immigration, Refugees and Border Security subcommittee. He served previously as Texas Attorney General, Texas Supreme Court Justice, and Bexar County District Judge. http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/inde...d-4403efacc7f9

Quote:
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 09:58 PM
The land of no ho racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
"Oversea's Contingency Plan"...hmmm. It reminds me of when Mike Tyson was fighting, and his opponents always had a "plan"...until Tyson hit them one time, and then they went into "survival mode". That's where we are with this joke of an administration.
Everything is cool according to plan, until someone walks into an elementary school cafeteria with a bomb strapped to him, and kills 400 kids...
Doesnt matter the finger will get pointed at the Bush Administration.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Bullet Sponge

I really like Cornyn
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Lifer

They've changed the name because people are figuring out who the real terrorists are. Does anyone actually believe that we're still looking for osama in a cave? Of course they've changed the name. They have stripped us of as many rights as they could with the patriot act, and now people are starting to catch on. They have to choose a new name, terror is so 2001. Bilderberg is the group that pulls the strings on the puppets, I mean the president and governments. They control every country in this world. Do a search about these shady fucks. Do you know what names you'll find associated with this group? Rothchild, Rockefeller,Various world leaders, and a few very recent presidents and their wives. The elite of the elite. They have us exactly where they want us, arguing over bush, arguing over obama, when none of it really matters. We're worried about the next top model, worried about the next top chef, worried about the octomom, crying over gas prices, while they sit there laughing because they have totally and purposely fooled you. They've fooled you into believing that we the people even matter. You think you have rights? Our rights are slowly but surely diminishing before our eyes. They will continue to control everything until we stand up and fight for the rights that we have left.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

what a fucking joke... the motherfucker is still campaigning, he's going to give the war on terror a new name, a copyrighted logo, and a custom business plane for it to travel from middle eastern nation to middle eastern nation.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Top 04 Snake
They've changed the name because people are figuring out who the real terrorists are.
WTF are you talking about?
Quote:
Does anyone actually believe that we're still looking for osama in a cave?
Uh... ya.
Quote:
Of course they've changed the name. They have stripped us of as many rights as they could with the patriot act, and now people are starting to catch on.
Quote:
They have to choose a new name, terror is so 2001.
And we're trying to keep it that way! (Right about here is where this discussion should, but...)
Quote:
Bilderberg is the group that pulls the strings on the puppets, I mean the president and governments. They control every country in this world. Do a search about these shady fucks. Do you know what names you'll find associated with this group? Rothchild, Rockefeller,Various world leaders, and a few very recent presidents and their wives. The elite of the elite. They have us exactly where they want us, arguing over bush, arguing over obama, when none of it really matters.
And people say I need a tinfoil hat?!?!
Quote:
We're worried about the next top model, worried about the next top chef, worried about the octomom, crying over gas prices, while they sit there laughing because they have totally and purposely fooled you. They've fooled you into believing that we the people even matter. You think you have rights? Our rights are slowly but surely diminishing before our eyes. They will continue to control everything until we stand up and fight for the rights that we have left.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
I really like Cornyn

http://cornyn.enews.senate.gov/mail/...2667.347&gen=1

He is the only senator even pretending to stand up against Obama and Pelosi so far. Voting is one thing, speaking out against the administration is another.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:

Uh... ya.

And we're trying to keep it that way! (Right about here is where this discussion should, but...)

And people say I need a tinfoil hat?!?!

Everything you've said above is exactly what I'm talking about. They have you fooled and doing exactly what they want typical Americans to say and believe. They want you questioning someone that's questioning the government. They can do no wrong in most peoples eyes, yet what they show to most eyes is false and twisted.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Top 04 Snake View Post
Everything you've said above is exactly what I'm talking about. They have you fooled and doing exactly what they want typical Americans to say and believe. They want you questioning someone that's questioning the government. They can do no wrong in most peoples eyes, yet what they show to most eyes is false and twisted.
I'm seeing most of it first hand and you're spewing nonsense from your home on a public message board. Now, how exactly am I being fooled again?
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm seeing most of it first hand and you're spewing nonsense from your home on a public message board. Now, how exactly am I being fooled again?
I'll just end it by saying I don't believe or trust anything our government tells us. Thank you for your service. I mean no disrespect to you or others risking their lives. I just believe the government is two faced and not up to what they say they are.

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'll just end it by saying I don't believe or trust anything our government tells us. Thank you for your service. I mean no disrespect to you or others risking their lives. I just believe the government is two faced and not up to what they say they are.
Yep.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Out

Quote:
Well, you have plenty of reason to believe that (trust me, I have my issues as well), but don't take away from the effort that's happening 1/2 way around the world. I can guarantee you that there are thousands of proud Americans who are willing to put forth any/every effort to make this world a better place, including fighting terrorism for as long as it takes... even finding OBL.

Thanks for the appreciation, but I'm not a service member, I'm just out here supporting them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement