After standing in line at DPS for two hours... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Num say'n? (tm)

After standing in line at DPS for two hours...

to renew my license (this makes the third trip since November, all three trips due to their screwups)...

I can't WAIT for the government to take over the healthcare system

That is all.

DFWMustangs.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 12:52 PM
duh...duh....duh

Good news is you'll have to wait in line before getting a permit to actually die.

My '03 Sold.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Time Served

My address is 5xx W yyyy st

First time I went to get a license, they misspelled yyyy.
Next time I went back, they spelled that right but left off the W.
Next time I went back, I was like LOOK YOU RETARDS, GET THIS RIGHT. They spelled the street right and got the W on there, but left off "st." I can live with that, but damn. Now I have 3 licenses and none of them is 100% correct.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 01:47 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

It's not the lines I hate as much as the lack of urgency from the people working there.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Lifer

I always thought if you believe that the government should take over health care you should spend a day at your local V.A. Hospital, I bet you would change your mind.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Lifer

Make it work for you! Before i moved to where i live now, I used my parents address for my license due to insurance being much cheaper. They don't have an actual address, just a county rd number, so i went into the dps and had them use the parents p.o. box number. lol

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang5622003
It's not the lines I hate as much as the lack of urgency from the people working there.
About the only thing I saw any enthusiasm about was bitching at people with cell phones. If they were half as excited about doing their jobs as they are being cellphone nazi's they'd get some shit done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
I always thought if you believe that the government should take over health care you should spend a day at your local V.A. Hospital, I bet you would change your mind.
You said a mouthful there, brother.

DFWMustangs.net
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Quoted for the truth! My mother works at the one in lancaster. I could go on and on about the problems there, and the top of the list are the majority of the staff there.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Time Served

x10000 billion on government healthcare/va hospital. primo example of how to totally FUBAR hospital management. ill vote for govt regulation of private healthcare though, but FUCK total government control, all theyd do would be throw a couple billion dollars at it and hire a bunch of incompetent morons to run the whole show and forget about it.

2008 Freightliner Columbia -- daily driver
2010 Jeep unlimited Rubicon
1991 toyota pickup with a few mods.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Packin' up...

No way i'd stand in line unless I HAVE to get a new picture. Online FTW!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Lifer

Honestly next time you need to go to the DPS go to the one in waxahachie. Its out in the boonies its brand new but noone is there its walk in walk out in 5 minutes. No bs'ers trying to find out what papers they need to prove they are a US citizen in your way screwing up the lines etc.

98 Brokra
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
My address is 5xx W yyyy st

First time I went to get a license, they misspelled yyyy.
Next time I went back, they spelled that right but left off the W.
Next time I went back, I was like LOOK YOU RETARDS, GET THIS RIGHT. They spelled the street right and got the W on there, but left off "st." I can live with that, but damn. Now I have 3 licenses and none of them is 100% correct.
That is pretty screwed up...mine is almost as good. The fine folks at the DPS put an Oklahoma City zip code on my license even though I pointed out that it was wrong numerous times. The response I got was that it is no big deal.

'04 Beige on Black 40th Anniversary GT, O/R-H, LTs, MagnaFlow Catback, JLT RAI, Xcal II, 75mm TB/upper, Comp Cam EE Stage 3s, 3.73s, CHE LCA/UCAs, & MGW Shorty. 298hp/304tq
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Government shouldn't take over healthcare. They just need to curb the greedy motherfuckers ruining it's intended purpose. When doctors get bonuses for "corporate bottem line" treating their patients that should be a good hint for us.

I went to a Care Now clinic for strep throat. Private clinic. Waited 6 hours..that's right...6 fuckin hours.
Daughter in Law went to the ER for dehydration while she was pregnant at 8pm. All night..that's right..all fuckin night to start an IV. Out of pocket = $1200.
My Dad had surgery. Total itemized bill was to the penny a $4000 "error" to the hospital's benefit. When my Dad called em on it they said "oops". Neighbor had surgery at the same hospital. $4000 "error".
Friend of mine died of esophogil cancer. They stopped his treatment because he didn't have "enough" insurance. Motherfuckers!!!
Siamese twins from Egypt show up for cameras. The whole world pees down both legs to provide "high profile" surgery.
American children die every day in this country cause their parents don't have "enough" insurance. So sayeth the hospital accountants... I'm like Denzel Washington..."I'll shoot every motherfucker in here before I watch my son die for corporate greed!!!" Think about it.

As long as accountants for docters and cheap morons for healthcare workers are running, make that ruining, healthcare in America, we have a major problem. I spent years working in the healthcare industry. I could go on for daze!!!!
Difference between us and Canada is we pay rediculous taxes...and the rest of our money to pretend that we have healthcare.

Scorching flames in 3..2..

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Last edited by black01gt; 03-19-2009 at 11:58 AM.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
PAN

Scottish Rite Childrens Hospital.

Thankfully I will never have to worry about "not having enough insurance" to care for my boys, should they ever require it they will have the best. Period.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Scottish Rite Childrens Hospital.

Thankfully I will never have to worry about "not having enough insurance" to care for my boys, should they ever require it they will have the best. Period.
Sponsered by the Mason's isn't it? Great place.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt View Post
Difference between us and Canada is we pay rediculous taxes...and the rest of our money to pretend that we have healthcare.

Scorching flames in 3..2..
Agreed on every point except the Canadian reference. They pay absurd taxes and their socialized healthcare system is a disaster. People near the Canadian/US border come here and wait in line at our county charity hospitals rather than face their own system.

DFWMustangs.net
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Lifer

Nothing beats online renewal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Mmmmm..... BEER !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ View Post
Honestly next time you need to go to the DPS go to the one in waxahachie. Its out in the boonies its brand new but noone is there its walk in walk out in 5 minutes. No bs'ers trying to find out what papers they need to prove they are a US citizen in your way screwing up the lines etc.
Grand Prairie office yesterday, in and out, 10 minutes flat.

<------Shocked

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
I always thought grammer and spelling were some of the more important aspects in life, I mean after all, without it, we would all be doing your job for a living.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
Agreed on every point except the Canadian reference. They pay absurd taxes and their socialized healthcare system is a disaster. People near the Canadian/US border come here and wait in line at our county charity hospitals rather than face their own system.
I don't believe it. That's not what I hear from the Canadians I know and I talk to several frequently.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement