Stop the Sunstein Confirmation - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Stop the Sunstein Confirmation

Obama's new regulatory Czar is Anti-hunting, Anti-gun and a big animal rights activist (think PETA). Pass this on if you don't want more rights getting smacked down.

http://www.stopsunstein.com/

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 09:39 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Do you even have a clue as to what the job is all about?

Ok, so the guy is a shit head on all those issues. But does the position have anything to do with it.

Well the answer is NO.

Sunstein has been "unofficially" nominated to head up the Office of Managament Budget's (OMB) Office of Information and Regulator Affairs. (OIRA)

What does the OIRA do?

This is from their website:
Quote:
The Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) is a Federal office that Congress established in the 1980 Paperwork Reduction Act. It is part of the Office of Management and Budget, which is an agency within the Executive Office of the President. In addition to reviewing collections of information under the Paperwork Reduction Act, OIRA reviews draft regulations under Executive Order 12866 and develops and oversees the implementation of government-wide policies in the areas of information technology, information policy, privacy, and statistical policy. OIRA also oversees agency implementation of the Information Quality Law, including the peer review practices of agencies.
So where in that paragraph does it say this guy would have the power to do anything related to hunting, guns, or animal rights?

Don't get me wrong. This dude is a fuckin loon on THOSE issues. But he the job he is supposedly nominated for (more on that in a sec) has nothing to do with those issues so who gives a fuck? Now if you can come back and tell me that he has fucked up positions RELATED to the actual job, then I'm going to be right there with you giving him the finger.

Now, about that nomination. Obama did "verbally" nominate Sunstein for that job. But it took me only 10 seconds to Google his name and find this article dated March 10th.

http://www.federaltimes.com/federal-...0/wheres-cass/

Quote:
Where’s Cass?

March 10th, 2009 | OMB Transition | Posted by Gregg CarlstromGregg CarlstromcloseAuthor: Gregg Carlstrom Name: Gregg Carlstrom
Email: [email protected]
Site:
About: I cover agency operations: how and why the federal government does what it does. I came to Federal Times, and to Washington, by way of the Middle East; I spent most of 2007 freelancing in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon.See Authors Posts (94)

We reported back in January that the president planned to nominate Harvard professor Cass Sunstein to head OMB’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.

So where’s his nomination?

The White House’s nominations list doesn’t mention Sunstein. (In fact, if you search for him on the White House Web site, you won’t get any results.) The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee tells me it hasn’t heard a word about Sunstein’s nomination. And the White House hasn’t responded to a request for comment.
The guy has never been officially nominated for anything...

So I'm throwing you under the bus a bit and I do apologize for that. However, there is a point to it. Over the last several years there has simply been a lot of bullshit going around from both sides of the political aisle. It seems that every other day we get someone posting up some bullshit that could be easily disproven if they had taken half a second to just google it or check Snopes. The fact is that both parties are engaged in propaganda to manipulate you and everyone else with bullshit and flat out lies. Neither side gives a fuck about the truth, this country, or you. All they give a shit about is gaining/keeping power and lining their pockets.

Stop fucking believing everything they put in front of you and start investigating it for yourself.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 12:43 AM
PAN

Bravo. On most of it at least...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement