Violence picking up in Iraq? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Violence picking up in Iraq?

I've noticed a few "blurbs" about suidide bombers in Iraq. I guess one killed 30+ Iraqi's yesterday. As soon as Barry announced a reduction in troops, the violence picked back up...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Lifer

This article offers a great explanation. Obama and his talk of a change of emphasis from Iraq to Afghanistan. It must suck right now to be a peace loving liberal reading news reports such as this. It's a paradox that they can't see or understand. They think that announcing a withdrawal is going to make the world better. They don't understand the mindset of radical Islam.

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/106/story/487438.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Time Served

This spike has nothing to do with the announcing of a reduction of troops. Every year it is the same thing, the violence picks up due to the warmer weather. I have experienced this twice, from March to the end of Ramadan(November) are the peak times for violence, from December to February you catch your breath, same thing in Afghanistan the weather is a big factor.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenCobra View Post
This spike has nothing to do with the announcing of a reduction of troops.

Quote:
The recent increase in violence comes just as President Barack Obama announced that the U.S. would withdraw most of its forces over the next 19 months, saying that 12,000 of the 140,000 now there would leave by the end of this year.

In Baghdad and Washington, military commanders and politicians are quietly fretting that the attacks are a response to the administration's plan.

"There was always an underlying feeling that once we start the drawdown, the attacks would increase. http://www.fortmilltimes.com/106/story/487438.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenCobra View Post
This spike has nothing to do with the announcing of a reduction of troops. Every year it is the same thing, the violence picks up due to the warmer weather. I have experienced this twice, from March to the end of Ramadan(November) are the peak times for violence, from December to February you catch your breath, same thing in Afghanistan the weather is a big factor.
Guys, he's right on this one. It's just the time of the season. I do think we'll be out of here pretty soon, though... at least down to a limited Germany-occupation-type capacity. I should be in Afghanistan within the next month or so if everything goes well.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
They think that announcing a withdrawal is going to make the world better. They don't understand the mindset of radical Islam.
The problem is that we don't have unlimited resources to occupy every country that has problems indefinitely. If we couldn't handle our own shit, would you expect some other country to come across the ocean and just stay here as long as we wanted? Let the Iraqis handle Iraq's problems, if they can't do that, then they deserve to have problems. We've certainly given them every opportunity to get their shit together over the past 7 years. We've got our own problems to worry about.

Before you flame me for being a liberal hippie, I'm not saying we should all hold hands and sing kum-ba-yah, I'm just saying we've got to the the hell out of there at some point.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Big "foot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
The problem is that we don't have unlimited resources to occupy every country that has problems indefinitely. If we couldn't handle our own shit, would you expect some other country to come across the ocean and just stay here as long as we wanted? Let the Iraqis handle Iraq's problems, if they can't do that, then they deserve to have problems. We've certainly given them every opportunity to get their shit together over the past 7 years. We've got our own problems to worry about.

Before you flame me for being a liberal hippie, I'm not saying we should all hold hands and sing kum-ba-yah, I'm just saying we've got to the the hell out of there at some point.
Fucking liberal hippie!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I voted for McCain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
This article offers a great explanation. Obama and his talk of a change of emphasis from Iraq to Afghanistan. It must suck right now to be a peace loving liberal reading news reports such as this. It's a paradox that they can't see or understand. They think that announcing a withdrawal is going to make the world better. They don't understand the mindset of radical Islam.
I could not agree with you more. The only thing those bastards understand is brutal force and I say we dish it out in HUGE doses.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Bullet Sponge

I say fly over Iraq every couple days with a C130 filled with aresoled pig fat. Tell the Iraqi people that if there is an insurgent attack on our forces, we carpet bomb the city with pig fat. I wonder how that would work.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 04:29 PM
NOT AFGHANISTAN ANYMORE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Guys, he's right on this one. It's just the time of the season. I do think we'll be out of here pretty soon, though... at least down to a limited Germany-occupation-type capacity. I should be in Afghanistan within the next month or so if everything goes well.
I'll see ya there man. I'm headed that way some time between the 19th and the 24th of this month. Going to a place called Bastian(sp?). Small British base that we will be expanding.

Dallas news reports Tony Romo tried to commit suicide last night!

Fortunately he dropped the gun and the bullet was intercepted!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
Fucking liberal hippie!
I'm a moderate hippie
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Big "foot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
I'm a moderate hippie
Heheh