Lifer

obamas "universal healthcare" thread.

it all starts today so let the bashing begin.lol

RON PAUL '08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Obama-care needs to answer a simple economizing question to work.

How does he plan on balancing unlimited needs with limited resources?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

answer:the goverment will make sure some do without.

OBAMA AS PRESIDENT = FAIL!

RON PAUL '08

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog View Post

How does he plan on balancing unlimited needs with limited resources?
Simple solution, comrade. We ALL get bad healthcare!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:02 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

For some reason the words "universal healthcare" make me think of this quote.

"Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy free health care and 100 percent literacy."

- John Derbyshire

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:39 AM
How you doin'

i wonder how canada, france, the uk, etc. are doing with their healthcare systems. i know that michael moore painted a pretty rosey picture, but i'm curious as to how it works for them, financially. it sounds like the people in those countries are happy with the system and they seem to get great health care, but what is the other side of the story?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 AM
AHMO!

Don't you have to schedule your check up 2 years in advance?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:46 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
i wonder how canada, france, the uk, etc. are doing with their healthcare systems. i know that michael moore painted a pretty rosey picture, but i'm curious as to how it works for them, financially. it sounds like the people in those countries are happy with the system and they seem to get great health care, but what is the other side of the story?
I worked with two Britts that moved from the UK to US for the healthcare. 100% said it was shit healthcare, widely abused, and was on the top of their reasons for wanting to leave UK. She said imagine going to Parkland ER for any kind of healthcare, weather it be a simple check up or sick child. One said that it has litterally taken days to see a doctor....
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
For some reason the words "universal healthcare" make me think of this quote.

"Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy free health care and 100 percent literacy."

- John Derbyshire
Exactly.

It dawned on me yesterday that Obama is smart enough to know that he has 6 months to destroy this country and get all of his bullshit slammed through before the people turn on him. This is the reason he is moving at such an expedient pace and raping us.

Only problem is, he's not even letting us get used to the warm water. He's got it boiling in a pressure chamber and is just going to throw the frog in and hope he can get the lid back on before we jump out.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:57 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
I worked with two Britts that moved from the UK to US for the healthcare. 100% said it was shit healthcare, widely abused, and was on the top of their reasons for wanting to leave UK. She said imagine going to Parkland ER for any kind of healthcare, weather it be a simple check up or sick child. One said that it has litterally taken days to see a doctor....
i wonder how michael moore was able to get in quickly, get good service, etc. i'm sure that he edited out everyone that didn't like it, but everyone that he interviewed had nothing but good things to say...even the doctors. i know that he leans extremely left and i'm certain that he's looking for people to support his propaganda, but this one didn't seem so far fetched. all i know is that healthcare has increased tremendously over the last 10 years and it's a huge burden for most people. there are a lot of people that simply don't take care of themselves because they can't afford to, and that's pretty sad. i'm not saying that we should get something for nothing, but i would be ok with some increased taxes to support a good healthcare system. unfortunately our government isn't efficient enough to actually spend the money wisely, so i'm sure that it would be another huge burden on the tax-paying citizens. it's too bad that things have to be so complicated when you involve the federal government...there are just too many people grabbing.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:30 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate View Post
Don't you have to schedule your check up 2 years in advance?
Thankfully I can be in Mexico in less than 7 hours, which is less time than it'd take to sit at the ER.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
My neighbor had an exchange student and her country had universal health care and when her father came to visit I asked him what it cost and he said about 75% of what he earned each week. But he said he was used to it.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:43 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Thankfully I can be in Mexico in less than 7 hours, which is less time than it'd take to sit at the ER.
Is it Canada where if you are hurt you can go to the ER and sit for days before you see someone etc even if you have broken bones etc?
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog View Post

How does he plan on balancing unlimited desires with limited resources?
Fixed.

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
i wonder how michael moore was able to get in quickly, get good service, etc. i'm sure that he edited out everyone that didn't like it, but everyone that he interviewed had nothing but good things to say...even the doctors. i know that he leans extremely left and i'm certain that he's looking for people to support his propaganda, but this one didn't seem so far fetched. all i know is that healthcare has increased tremendously over the last 10 years and it's a huge burden for most people. there are a lot of people that simply don't take care of themselves because they can't afford to, and that's pretty sad. i'm not saying that we should get something for nothing, but i would be ok with some increased taxes to support a good healthcare system. unfortunately our government isn't efficient enough to actually spend the money wisely, so i'm sure that it would be another huge burden on the tax-paying citizens. it's too bad that things have to be so complicated when you involve the federal government...there are just too many people grabbing.

Brad..

My brother in law is from Canada and let me in on how it really is. Doctors and nurses are fleeing Canada due to low pay and being told what they can and cant do. They are sick of the government running their offices. The government sets the clinic hours. While getting health care over there is not hard, it may take some time. If you need to be seen by a family doctor, you may have to wait 1-2 days for your appointment. Elective procedures like breast augmentation can be a wait of 6-8 months. Many people that have elective surgery come across the border and have it done here because of the wait. I have also met a doctor from Canada and he said the system is terrible and will never go back. Oh yeah...and welcome to 40-50% tax brackets for EVERYONE

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
Brad..

My brother in law is from Canada and let me in on how it really is. Doctors and nurses are fleeing Canada due to low pay and being told what they can and cant do. They are sick of the government running their offices. The government sets the clinic hours. While getting health care over there is not hard, it may take some time. If you need to be seen by a family doctor, you may have to wait 1-2 days for your appointment. Elective procedures like breast augmentation can be a wait of 6-8 months. Many people that have elective surgery come across the border and have it done here because of the wait. I have also met a doctor from Canada and he said the system is terrible and will never go back. Oh yeah...and welcome to 40-50% tax brackets for EVERYONE

Exactly. Obama will have this plan for healthcare and it might work for a few years but then it will all of a sudden be bankrupt like every other entitlement program and that is when the real fun will start.

The government can't be trusted to run a damn thing correctly. I'm not sure why anyone would think that trusting them with healthcare is a good idea.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Brad..

that's what i was curious about. everybody seems to think that it will be a quick easy fix, but it can't be that easy and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Exactly. Obama will have this plan for healthcare and it might work for a few years but then it will all of a sudden be bankrupt like every other entitlement program and that is when the real fun will start.

The government can't be trusted to run a damn thing correctly. I'm not sure why anyone would think that trusting them with healthcare is a good idea.
that's the biggest problem. It could probably work if the government could actually manage it correctly, but they can't seem to manage anything properly.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Worship me

It is just like Texas Devil Dog says, you have unlimited wants and limited resources.

The problem with healthcare in this country is that everytime someone sneezes they think they have to go to a doctor. Then, the doctor has to run a gauntlet of expensive tests to make sure his diagnosis is correct. That's because if he doesn't get it right he could get sued. Millions are spent on trips to the doctor that aren't needed and tests that are only done to cover the doc's ass. And hell, the doctors don't care, they are raking in the fucking money.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

My biggest worry is if Obama does nationalize healthcare...how are going to go back to the way it was when he is out of office. What will happen to the health insurance industry and all the workers?

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Lifer

Quote:
My biggest worry is if Obama does nationalize healthcare...how are going to go back to the way it was when he is out of office. What will happen to the health insurance industry and all the workers?
Obviously, the dumb shit's that put him into office didn't look too far down the road. Where are all the "it can't get any worse than this" faggot's now?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Time Served

America is the greatest country and the freest country in the world! That’s why they want to change it so drastically. Telling these people that we can’t afford it or that other countries tried it and are failing, this won’t convince anyone. Some of them truly believe that using the same formula you can get different results because we live in America….
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
<=====Heath Insurance Industry worker.

Basically I am F'ed. Glad I can still work on cars; although after Pelosi and her goons throw a policy out there for emissions control to ban all "older" models (3-5 yrs older) the auto repair industry will go way-side as well.

Hmm maybe I will just become a govt teet sucker like the rest of the liberals. I need a vacation anyways, why not make it a permanent one?

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128