DMN bullshit? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Question DMN bullshit?

The dallas morning news is reporting that barry's reputation is at an all time high. Seems to me hard to digest that kind of news, or we have a hell of a lot of sheeple out there...... its fucking scary that people think hes doing a good job.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/us_world/...Time-High.html

President Barack Obama's favorability rating is at a all-time high after six weeks in the Oval Office, with more than two-thirds of respondents approving of the newest commander in chief.

Sixty-eight percent of participants in an NBC News poll released Tuesday said they have a favorable opinion of the president, the highest tally Obama has notched so far in his White House tenure.

Nearly half - 47 percent - said their opinion of Obama is "very positive," another all-time high for the president while 67 percent said they're hopeful about the future of his administration.

But the poll also showed a slight decline in the number of people who were confident that Obama had the right goals and policies for the country, indicating that participants responded more favorably to the president himself than to his policies.

Obama's soaring approval ratings come amid a bottomed-out economy - only seven percent of those polled said they were happy with the country's financial state of affairs. Eighty-four percent, however, said the recession wasn't Obama's fault, attributing it to the previous administration or other outside factors.

Just 26 percent said they viewed the Republican Party positively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Founding Member

Just crazy stupid.

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 02:55 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
Nearly half - 47 percent - said their opinion of Obama is "very positive,"
That many people need the hand-outs.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
The dallas morning news is reporting that barry's reputation is at an all time high. Seems to me hard to digest that kind of news, or we have a hell of a lot of sheeple out there...... its fucking scary that people think hes doing a good job.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/us_world/...Time-High.html

President Barack Obama's favorability rating is at a all-time high after six weeks in the Oval Office, with more than two-thirds of respondents approving of the newest commander in chief.

Sixty-eight percent of participants in an NBC News poll released Tuesday said they have a favorable opinion of the president, the highest tally Obama has notched so far in his White House tenure.

Nearly half - 47 percent - said their opinion of Obama is "very positive," another all-time high for the president while 67 percent said they're hopeful about the future of his administration.

But the poll also showed a slight decline in the number of people who were confident that Obama had the right goals and policies for the country, indicating that participants responded more favorably to the president himself than to his policies.

Obama's soaring approval ratings come amid a bottomed-out economy - only seven percent of those polled said they were happy with the country's financial state of affairs. Eighty-four percent, however, said the recession wasn't Obama's fault, attributing it to the previous administration or other outside factors.

Mike, sometimes when you dig into those that are polled, it will show a very heavy percentage of democrats. During the election, I noticed this. Sometimes the pollster refers to it, and sometimes they don't.
Hitler was a popular sonofabitch, too...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 06:27 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

I predict an approval rating of less then half by years end....
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Time Served

I have a theory that with all the talk of racism in this country over the past 50 years, and how we need to rise above it, that now it's sort of swung in the opposite direction. I.e., people are inclined to want to think more of somebody just because they are black, sort of an overcompensation. I think if he was white his approval rating would still be pretty high because of all the hope hype, but I think maybe the "first black president" thing is working for him too right now.

And as far as there being a lot of sheeple out there, well yeah, where have you been?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Token Troll

MSNBC and other media outlets (even Fox) are reporting it, too.

I don't get it. How is 60% approval an all time high for him when early on, supposedly his approval rating was 80%?

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:15 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
MSNBC and other media outlets (even Fox) are reporting it, too.

I don't get it. How is 60% approval an all time high for him when early on, supposedly his approval rating was 80%?
They can't talk smack about him, that's what it comes down to. If they do then he'll say it's racist b/c he's black!!

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:39 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Here's the deal about these approval polls - they can be manipulated any way you want. A few things I'd want to see in a poll before I gave it too much credibility.

1) How were the questions asked? Injecting bias into the sample is difficult for even experienced pollsters. Was there some sort of oversight committee that viewed the questions and determined them to be free of bias? Extremely unlikely.

As an example - let's assume they asked a question about Obama and the economy and it was worded:

Given the sad state of the economy when Obama was elected, how do you think he's doing with the economy?

That's a tainted question. You've put in the respondents mind that the economy was horrible when he started.

Also, sometimes neutral answers - since they're not negative get reported as positive responses.

2) Sampling errors and modeling. How many people were polled and what were the demographics? Just because you poll a thousand people it doesn't mean anything when it comes to the validity of a sample. You have to ask in the same proportion as the demographic make-up of the country. Little mistakes in a sample of 1000 people that are supposed to represent 300 million are huge. You get into sampling at that point which is a whole 'nother tangent of potential inaccuracies.

Lastly, Democrats hisorically are more likely to respond to any kind of poll than Republicans. My own personal theory is that they are at work and don't have time for this BS.

I remember when Bush suppossedly had the worst approval rating ever. For that to have been true there would have had to been a standard poll given to every US President since Washington and the Dems and Repubs would have had to agree on the verbiage. I believe it was CBS who ran that poll. Dan Rather essentially lost his job over Bush - why was there no credibility issue with them being involved in that sample?

So relax - this is nothing but propaganda most suitably used to wipe your ass. They can't continue to ignore the growing discontent.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
I love it when people answer their own questions. Now, this shows you how bad Bush really was. As I've stated over and over, I'm not what you'd call an Obama fan necessarily, but I was without a doubt tired of the dead end road we were on with Bush. Unfortunately, I can't tell yet if we're in the process of making a U-turn or if we've run out of road and are plummeting off the cliff.

All that being said, I did support Bush 100% while he was leader of our country. I will support Obama the same way. It's the system we have in place, and I take pride in the fact that I am able to say I'm an American. It pains me to see so many people actually wishing for us to fail just so they can say, "I told you so. He sucks." That is such a patriotic philosophy.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement