backing out of marines - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

backing out of marines

ok, so im a senior in high school. i signed up with the marines last july going in on the delayed entry program. since im only 17 i had to get my parents to cosign. i got my ship date. (i think its june 9)? but anyway its 3 days after i graduate high school. but since july ive been doing alot of thinking and....i dont want to die, and miss all my friends and shit. people have been telling me that i can still back out. but my recuritor told me that im fucked and he pretty much owns me. i was thinking about transffering over to the costguard but, my rec. said no and now im like holy shit. what do i do? i dont want to be a "marine" anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_tim View Post
ok, so im a senior in high school. i signed up with the marines last july going in on the delayed entry program. since im only 17 i had to get my parents to cosign. i got my ship date. (i think its june 9)? but anyway its 3 days after i graduate high school. but since july ive been doing alot of thinking and....i dont want to die, and miss all my friends and shit. people have been telling me that i can still back out. but my recuritor told me that im fucked and he pretty much owns me. i was thinking about transffering over to the costguard but, my rec. said no and now im like holy shit. what do i do? i dont want to be a "marine" anymore.
Are these the guys that watch over the carts are Costco?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #3 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

1st rule of dealing with military recruiters. They LIE.

If you are still underage, your parents can pull consent.

Get your parents to call a lawyer and have him review it. There is a very good chance that your recruiter is full of shit.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook

post #4 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Are these the guys that watch over the carts are Costco?
I LOL'ed

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #5 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:57 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
What job did you sign up for?

Anyway, welcome to being an adult. You made a commitment to your country, which by the way is one of the greatest things you can ever do - now it's time to man up and meet that commitment.

Don't think you'll just get out by being discharged either. You CAN, but likely it'll be dishonorable if you're screwing up and it won't look good.

At the end of the day, the military is what YOU make of it. Do your best, meet your commitment, be proud and enjoy the benefits. Most of all pay attention to your training as it sounds retarded now but it will help keep you alive.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #6 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Saved

You'll go through life always second guessing yourself... Go ahead and man up, do your time and you'll never regret it.... You'll never doubt yourself again, you'll see what being a man is all about, so don't puss out....
Talk to your recruiter and tell him you'd like to get a guaranteed MOS, maybe airwing or motor T, but honestly with your spelling, I'd wonder how you passed 3rd grade, much less graduate high school.

"Conform to his image" Romans 8:29
post #7 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:01 AM
duh...duh....duh

Oh, and as much as I kiddingly hate Jarheads it's "Marine", not "marine." Show a little respect, maggot.

My '03 Sold.
post #8 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Stallion View Post
but honestly with your spelling, I'd wonder how you passed 3rd grade, much less graduate high school.

post #9 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Lifer

i think you can back out all the way up until you swear in at boot camp or maybe it's meps. i would just call a lawyer. if you really wanna be in the military pick one of the branches that aren't going to stick you in the desert with people trying to blow you up.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
post #10 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Lifer

If you haven't sworn in then your fine. Just don't go. If you don't want to do it, don't. Until you swear in your a free man. This is just a case of a recruiter not wanting to lose one towards his quota. Oh by the way your a pussy

J/k

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
post #11 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Lifer

The recruiter told you that you couldn’t back out because he is most likely getting points towards promotion for recruiting you.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #12 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:59 AM
parts pusher

yeah you can back out as long as you dont swear in..

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
post #13 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Lifer

You can back out. Infact its not unitl you swear in at your first duty location for basic training, do they really own your ass.

With that said..........you can back out and forever wonder "what if" or you can join the sevice, have a good time, get the fuck out of texas......hell get out of the US for that matter, see the world, enjoy other countries culture,and Learn to APPRECIATE the USA.

Just don't marry the first pice of ass that gives it too you..........see it done many times. Don't marry the first foreign girlfriend you have.........yea i made that mistake and above all, get a fucking career field you can use on the outside..... if not, then go to school while your in.

85 SVO 2.7t coming soon
Old 438whp 1/8th??
Older 375whp [email protected]

We will never forget you WILD 42!
Friends I've Lost

Even if you make something dummy-proof, the world makes a better dummy.
post #14 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 AM
not exclude

If he's already got a ship date, that means he signed. If he signed, that means he already swore in (during his first trip to MEPS, where he signed).

And they care more about the signature than the swearing in, legally atleast. A lot of misinformation up in hurr.
post #15 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
If he's already got a ship date, that means he signed. If he signed, that means he already swore in (during his first trip to MEPS, where he signed).

And they care more about the signature than the swearing in, legally atleast. A lot of misinformation up in hurr.
I was in the delayed enlistment program and went to meps twice. You can back out. I have a buddy who was in DEP with me back out.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
post #16 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Lifer

I've got some beautiful oceanfront property for sale in Arizona I'd like to talk to you about.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #17 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:29 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93coupelx View Post
I was in the delayed enlistment program and went to meps twice. You can back out. I have a buddy who was in DEP with me back out.
I never said he couldn't.
post #18 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I never said he couldn't.
Ah yes. Reading>me

post #19 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You have the same ship date as my son... There are several ways to get out... tell him you're queer, piss on his desk, call your congressman, call your senator, go to boot camp and piss all over yourself, they'll kick your ass for a while but if you keep doing it, eventually they'll kick you out... you could always shoot your DI... of course that might land you in jail...

By the way it is called the Coast Guard, make sure you tell them you backed out of the Marine Corp to join the Coast Guard, they'll welcome you with open arms...

<--------- Coastie
post #20 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Lifer

Bunch of god-damn slack-jawed faggots.
post #21 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

Back out now. You don't want to get sent to the desert. Too much sand over there to get in your vagina....
post #22 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Wolverines!!!

1. You're a giant pussy and I have no respect for you.

2. Recruiters lie all the time, if you're under 18 it shouldn't be to hard to back out.

once again giant fucking pussy
post #23 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Time Served

lmgdao ^

post #24 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:42 PM
T-MINUS

Tim,

Let me put it this way, when I was 18 I attempted to join the military, I was unable to due to several sports related injuries that I was unable to fake my way through.

14 years later it still bothers me that I was unable to serve. It is the one thing, that if I could, I would change. For my own reasons, I think I'll still get a chance to see combat time, but it is an honest void in my life. You made the commitment, now stick by it. The best way to survive is to not die, so don't worry about that. Take the experience, enjoy it, grow from it. Your generation has a severe lack of honor, duty and country, establish it in yourself.

And don't be a pussy.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #25 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Tim,

Let me put it this way, when I was 18 I attempted to join the military, I was unable to due to several sports related injuries that I was unable to fake my way through.

14 years later it still bothers me that I was unable to serve. It is the one thing, that if I could, I would change. For my own reasons, I think I'll still get a chance to see combat time, but it is an honest void in my life. You made the commitment, now stick by it. The best way to survive is to not die, so don't worry about that. Take the experience, enjoy it, grow from it. Your generation has a severe lack of honor, duty and country, establish it in yourself.

And don't be a pussy.
pssshhh this generations fine, theres just a bunch pf pussies like with all generations.

Besides didn't your generation have like grenada and thats it
post #26 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Lifer

first off yes you can back out they dont "own" you until you get on the bus to leave meps you can still back out. i know from experience because i was getting cold feet near my ship date, but i went had a great time. youll stop being friends with over 3/4 of your friends after high school anyways, plus you'll make new friends that would take a fucking bullet for you.

so after being nice im going to say quit being a fucking puss get away from your momma for a while dont worry about getting hurt, chicks dig scars and military members. if you dont want to die for your country then move to canada but get the hell out of my land of the free if you dont want to fight for it.

hell i volunteered to go to afgan last week. i dont know if im getting picked up to go but im going to keep volunteering to go until they tell me to stop or send me its their choice.
post #27 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
pssshhh this generations fine, theres just a bunch pf pussies like with all generations.

hey my uncle was actually one of the first Rangers into grenada
post #28 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Doing things the lazy way

Man the F**k up and go
post #29 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
Tim,

And don't be a pussy.
Don't start using the sports injury bs, we all know they wouldn't let you in cause you be queer!

All I hear is bla bla bla......
post #30 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:58 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDoesDallas View Post
Don't start using the sports injury bs, we all know they wouldn't let you in cause you be queer!
No women in this thread, this is man business. *points to door*
post #31 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Lifer

I think I have read every response and I still don't know the answer, can this kid back out or not?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #32 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
No women in this thread, this is man business. *points to door*
Who you calling a woman???

All I hear is bla bla bla......
post #33 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:04 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I think I have read every response and I still don't know the answer, can this kid back out or not?
I'm pretty sure he can, but I'm not sure how to go about it. After a little research, this website says that you simply don't show up to MEPS to ship to basic. You can also write a letter requesting separation that has to be honored. The website doesn't look the most professional, but it's a start.

http://www.girights.org/
post #34 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:

Nigga! I was 6 when that happened. We had the Blowjob Conflicts from 1995-2000 (most likely the years I would have been in).

post #35 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Gun Nut- Got Lead?

Just go see the Coast Guard recruiter, he will take care of you.

The Marine recruiter is lying out his ass. If you are too big a pussy to go, just don't go. They can not do anything to you for not swearing and signing. I don't want to see you bringing down the Corps.

There are enough whining crying pussys in the military as it is, you should really consider a career in the merchant marines.
post #36 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDoesDallas View Post
You have a cunt, don't address me directly. Raise your hand and IF I call on you, you may address, but don't think it is ok if you make eye contact.

post #37 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk View Post

. I don't want to see you bringing down the Corps.

There are enough whining crying pussys in the military as it is, you should really consider a career in the merchant marines.
this is true i agree 100%
post #38 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Mentally Impaired

I was in boot camp with a pansy like you. He just sat on his ass and told them he was done, wasnt gonna do anything else, told all the instructors to get fucked. They made a big show of it and had the Military police come pick him up for "the brig". The day of graduation they told us that he was on a plane that night, and his record of military was shreaded. Like he was never there. SO dont beleive your recruiter, beleive me, he is bullshitting you. That all being said, keep your punk ass away from my Marine Corps.. The last thing they need is another candyass crying about harsh treatment, being called names, and not getting to finger bang little miss rotten crotch.

IF you find that all offensive, GET LOST YOU POS.

If all that make you think you might be making a mistake by backing out, and you might actually have the sack to become a Marine, GO BECOME A REAL MAN AND STOP COMING IN HERE AND CRYING!!!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
It's the American way. I want to do the right thing, but only if it's on my terms and I can half ass my way through it.
post #39 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Time Served

dude.. what job were you signing up for? get a 2 yr contract(yes they do exists) and you can go as far as san diego and dont get off the bus.. they cant make you.. thats as far as you can go w/ backing out.. but anyway.. dont be a fucking pussy about it.. its not that bad.. theres about a 90% chance you wont see combat unless youre a grunt.. try to be an admin or supply.. youll like supply prob.. easiest shit in the world
post #40 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie90stang View Post
i was in boot camp with a pansy like you. He just sat on his ass and told them he was done, wasnt gonna do anything else, told all the instructors to get fucked. They made a big show of it and had the military police come pick him up for "the brig". The day of graduation they told us that he was on a plane that night, and his record of military was shreaded. Like he was never there. So dont beleive your recruiter, beleive me, he is bullshitting you. That all being said, keep your punk ass away from my marine corps.. The last thing they need is another candyass crying about harsh treatment, being called names, and not getting to finger bang little miss rotten crotch.

If you find that all offensive, get lost you pos.

If all that make you think you might be making a mistake by backing out, and you might actually have the sack to become a marine, go become a real man and stop coming in here and crying!!!!.
x923845029348523904852934085
post #41 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:14 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:

The Marine recruiter is lying out his ass. If you are too big a pussy to go, just don't go. They can not do anything to you for not swearing and signing. I don't want to see you bringing down the Corps.

Best answer yet. The Coast Guard recruiter knows the paperwork. If you really don't want to be a Marine then they sure as hell don't want or need you.

As for the Merchant Marine, they get shot at as well. My grandpa was killed before we ever entered WW2 by a U-boat in the Gulf.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #42 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:20 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

You could also have an "accident" before leaving for MEPS. Broken arms, legs, bullet holes, etc.. will keep you from shipping out.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #43 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
You could also have an "accident" before leaving for MEPS. Broken arms, legs, bullet holes, etc.. will keep you from shipping out.
or he could admit he's a faggot
post #44 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Gun Nut- Got Lead?

I'll donate some bullets to the cause. I need the practice anyway as I am going on my 3rd deployment later this year.
post #45 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie90stang View Post
I was in boot camp with a pansy like you. He just sat on his ass and told them he was done, wasnt gonna do anything else, told all the instructors to get fucked. They made a big show of it and had the Military police come pick him up for "the brig". The day of graduation they told us that he was on a plane that night, and his record of military was shreaded. Like he was never there. SO dont beleive your recruiter, beleive me, he is bullshitting you. That all being said, keep your punk ass away from my Marine Corps.. The last thing they need is another candyass crying about harsh treatment, being called names, and not getting to finger bang little miss rotten crotch.

IF you find that all offensive, GET LOST YOU POS.

If all that make you think you might be making a mistake by backing out, and you might actually have the sack to become a Marine, GO BECOME A REAL MAN AND STOP COMING IN HERE AND CRYING!!!!.
Damn, you tell him killa'!

Thanks for your service btw.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #46 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
I'll donate some bullets to the cause. I need the practice anyway as I am going on my 3rd deployment later this year.
I thought you went state guard after you got out not national guard?
post #47 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Time Served

You'll regret it don't quit.

Man up, accept the challenge and come out a better person

if you don't get killed.
post #48 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Bullet Sponge

I'll agree with the having someone who would take a bullet for you. Every member here who has been in uniform, no matter the branch, I'll back 100% and have a pretty good idea they'll do it for me too.

You signed, honor your commitment, but if you're going to cry about it, don't go. You'll get someone killed who is trying to protect your candy ass. I was scared as hell when i joined in August of 01 and then it became terrified in September, but I signed up as Infantry and I toed the line and earned my blue cord. Being scared is one thing. Everyone gets scared, if you're not, you're psychotic. The difference is, do you let that fear make your decision or do you take command of it?

After I got shot in the head, they had to discharge me to keep me from going back. I was scared to be in Iraq, but I'll be damned if I was goign to abandon my guys. Do the right thing. Whatever that is to you.
post #49 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Time Served

show up pot positive on a drug test.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #50 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:30 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
or he could admit he's a faggot
They'd just transfer his paper work to the USN recruiter next door.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement