post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Soldier doubts eligibility, defies president's orders

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=89837
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Lifer

So is he serving his country or the president? A contractor turned soldier...turned news item.

"This ain't Halliburton maggot! Shut the fuck up and give me 50."

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Token Troll

I view it as he's defending the constitution.

Interesting none the less.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:02 AM
not exclude

What presidential orders did he defy? Maybe I missed it...
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt View Post
So is he serving his country or the president? A contractor turned soldier...turned news item.

"This ain't Halliburton maggot! Shut the fuck up and give me 50."
Oddly, in his enlisted oath he swore to defend the constitution and follow the orders of the POTUS. However, in his officer's oath, he just swore to defend the constitution.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
Oddly, in his enlisted oath he swore to defend the constitution and follow the orders of the POTUS. However, in his officer's oath, he just swore to defend the constitution.
He's grandstanding. Not his job.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:28 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Agreed, a serviceman is apolitical.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Agreed, a serviceman is apolitical.
I don't want him apolitical when he starts following orders that are contrary to what the Constitution says.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:45 PM
T-MINUS

He better watch it or he'll be audited!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

I dont claim to know much about Politics, but something must be up if he has/will not provide a copy of his birth certificate. Hell, some employers in the past have required I bring in a birth certificate before I can be hired.

All I do know is that I had that birth certificate in my hands in less than two weeks. Why can't Obama do the same? He should want to do it to shut everyone up.

which leads me to the conclusion that he must not be a citizen and therefore has no business in the White House.

Birth Certificate or GTFO!!!!

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
I don't want him apolitical when he starts following orders that are contrary to what the Constitution says.
A soldier only swears to obey all legal orders, doesn't make him a political vehicle
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
A soldier only swears to obey all legal orders, doesn't make him a political vehicle
Isn't that part of his point, that if Obama is not legally the POTUS because of his citizenship issue, then he is not following the direction of the Commander-in-Chief and his orders from a CIC that is not legally quailified for the job and cannot give him legal orders?

I realize this may be a weak argument, but that doesn't mean it is completely invalid just becuase it is weak.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I find this response coming from you, of all people, very funny!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Gun Nut- Got Lead?

Until it is proven that Obama is not entitled to be president, this ass wipe has no reason to defy orders or express his opinion on political matters while in uniform.

I hope his troops carry the same respect for him while on patrol.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Isn't that part of his point, that if Obama is not legally the POTUS because of his citizenship issue, then he is not following the direction of the Commander-in-Chief and his orders from a CIC that is not legally quailified for the job and cannot give him legal orders?

I realize this may be a weak argument, but that doesn't mean it is completely invalid just becuase it is weak.
Yeah, I see that point. But doesn't really matter for this guy, because the order is most likely coming via a CPT. That's why I asked about what orders he is defying.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah, I see that point. But doesn't really matter for this guy, because the order is most likely coming via a CPT. That's why I asked about what orders he is defying.
I think the guy is wrong for doing it also, but I can see his side. I wonder if he will find comfort in that when he goes to jail for violating the UCMJ.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:27 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

How many times do we have to go over this? Obama is a citizen and eligible to serve as POTUS by the constitution. He has a legal birth certificate showing he was born in a US territory.

Granted, Hawaii would have probably issued a birth certificate to Hitler if he asked while it was a territory but according to our constitution it counts and he is eligible.

The law sure as hell isn't changing anytime soon. Fidel Castro could pay off the right people in Guam and run for POTUS in 35 years if he wanted to.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 04:09 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
How many times do we have to go over this? Obama is a citizen and eligible to serve as POTUS by the constitution. He has a legal birth certificate showing he was born in a US territory.

Granted, Hawaii would have probably issued a birth certificate to Hitler if he asked while it was a territory but according to our constitution it counts and he is eligible.

The law sure as hell isn't changing anytime soon. Fidel Castro could pay off the right people in Guam and run for POTUS in 35 years if he wanted to.
Prove it.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:28 PM

My question is this, how many people on this board that like to ‘type’ their opinions or internet facts have actually been in the military?

I am not questioning anyone’s patriotism just their opinions.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorSVTMan View Post
My question is this, how many people on this board that like to ‘type’ their opinions or internet facts have actually been in the military?

post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:27 PM

Yep ^^ Just like you sir, take advice from the pic you posted.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yep ^^ Just like you sir, take advice from the pic you posted.
Uh OK? About the OP, what are your thoughts on the soldier defying his chain of command?

post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Uh OK? About the OP, what are your thoughts on the soldier defying his chain of command?
I thought active duty officers couldn't engage in political acts. Isn't that what he's doing?

Give me a dollar.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Bullet Sponge

No, he's doing what his oath bound him to do. If he feels he has been given an unlawful order by an unlawful superior, then he is bound to question it.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 PM

Are you a soldier is my first question, and I mean ACTIVE duty by that? I am not talking down against guard or reserves or former just trying to get a ‘feel’ for where you are coming from.

Seems that most people try too throw their knowledge in when it only applies to what they did once, but are no longer are doing it.

About the guy “defying” his chain of command, from what I read, he was defying his president (yes his ultimate authority) but as most of us ACTIVE members know that means nothing when it comes down to it. When you are out there on the hilltop or convoy are you going to do what your President says or what your direct NCO, or you as a human being feels necessary to do? Fuck the current President! When it comes to my life or my fellow soldiers I could give a rats ass what the CIC says. Call it defying the rules if you will. I call it saving my comrades life and my and mine.

Be a puppet all you want but when it comes down to it, I am so glad YOU are not in my chain of command. So post all the pictures you want and go do what the fuck you want to do because an as an AMERICAN soldier 'WE" give you that right.

I only hope that you and I are not in combat together!

Last edited by PoorSVTMan; 02-24-2009 at 11:17 PM.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:07 PM

That was meant to Black01gt BTW
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 04:20 AM
Out

Sorry, as much as I can't stand the bastard; if I were a uniformed, sworn to duty soldier, I would have no right to not follow his orders (unless PROVEN that he was not eligable for Office). But then it would be the duty of Congress to boot his ass out.

Just like now... he's in Office. I hate that fact, but I'm not abandoning these troops out here because of that. They need support now more than ever. I just wish Gates manned-up a little more as of late.

If we should be pissed off, we should be looking at "We the People" over him. "We the People" put his stupid ass in Office. He got into Office fair and square. If I didn't follow his orders, then shame on me. He's my boss while I'm here.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Out

Quote:
Are you a soldier is my first question, and I mean ACTIVE duty by that? I am not talking down against guard or reserves or former just trying to get a ‘feel’ for where you are coming from.

Seems that most people try too throw their knowledge in when it only applies to what they did once, but are no longer are doing it.

About the guy “defying” his chain of command, from what I read, he was defying his president (yes his ultimate authority) but as most of us ACTIVE members know that means nothing when it comes down to it. When you are out there on the hilltop or convoy are you going to do what your President says or what your direct NCO, or you as a human being feels necessary to do? Fuck the current President! When it comes to my life or my fellow soldiers I could give a rats ass what the CIC says. Call it defying the rules if you will. I call it saving my comrades life and my and mine.

Be a puppet all you want but when it comes down to it, I am so glad YOU are not in my chain of command. So post all the pictures you want and go do what the fuck you want to do because an as an AMERICAN soldier 'WE" give you that right.

I seriously doubt ANY President would tell you not to "save your comrads' or your life." I think you're going too far to make a point. Obama is the CIC. If you don't throw your right hand to your forehead when he approaches you, then shame on you. Defend our people, defend our country, defend our Constitution, support your fellow troops and obey your Commander in Chief.

It's going to take a lot more than that POS to get me to step away from what I think is right.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:19 AM
not exclude

Quote:

Uh, the CIC is never going to be controlling a team/squad/PLT "on the hilltop". Kind of a long stretch for an irrelevant point.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:

<-- raises hand.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Out

I've never been military, so I guess I should just take my ass out of here
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
That was meant to Black01gt BTW
Everybody has a chip on their shoulder...

First, Thank You for serving as a defender of my country.

Second, I did not mean to piss in your cheerios. My point about this (and now a second) soldier taking it upon himself to challenge this issue from the battlefield is lame as hell IMO and a very weak point in a vital area of strength. I guess his intent is to get his comrads in arms to follow suit. I sure hope he fails.

My only point with the picture was to exemplify how many on here talk tough but when it comes to the nut cuttin I don't think they could hold up their claims. There are also many exception of course. I was hoping you would connect the dots.

No. I've never been in the military and never desired to be.

Good luck and all the best while you serve.

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
I'm going with Denny. Tough crowd...

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 08:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
LOL, you have done more than most of us guys who actually served in the military though dude. Your service qualifies you regardless of whether or not you went to basic miliatry training.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Lifer

Anyone else find it funny that all the Bush haters who called Bush terrible names, insulted him and the office, and defended their indefensible actions and words are now getting their panties in a wad when the Messiah is challenged?

<-- waits for the "I am not an Obama supporter but..." response that inevitably will come from them.

BTW, I agree the guy is wrong for choosing this method, but sure do see how someone could try this tactic, however misguided it may be considering his circumstances. The frustration level for us who oppose Obama's policies is already way higher 1 month into his term than it got after 8 years of Bush for the Bush haters among us. Imagine how bad it will be in 4 years!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 08:34 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Prove it.
He was sworn in as president by the Chief Justice of the United States (a die hard conservative at that). I don't care if his birth certificate was written in urine on a piece of toilet paper, John Roberts thought it was legal so it counts.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Out

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
LOL, you have done more than most of us guys who actually served in the military though dude. Your service qualifies you regardless of whether or not you went to basic miliatry training.
Cool... back in!!!
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 10:46 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
He was sworn in as president by the Chief Justice of the United States (a die hard conservative at that). I don't care if his birth certificate was written in urine on a piece of toilet paper, John Roberts thought it was legal so it counts.
Oh, well that does it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement