Here come the tax hikes... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Exclamation Here come the tax hikes...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...year-end-term/

The official said the deficit will be shrunk by scaling back Iraq war spending, ending the temporary tax breaks enacted by the Bush administration for those making $250,000 or more a year...





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: on the sea
Posts: 17
There is no avoiding paying more taxes at this point. It'd be quite rediculas for anyone to think so. He have to dig ourselves out of massive freakin debt. It has to come from somewhere.
Personally, I'd stop handing free money to those who fail. It's as easy as legalizing weed, taxing it 100 percent and selling massive stock in Frito-Lay.
lol

ModdinArt is offline  
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 01:37 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt View Post
There is no avoiding paying more taxes at this point. It'd be quite rediculas for anyone to think so. He have to dig ourselves out of massive freakin debt. It has to come from somewhere.
Personally, I'd stop handing free money to those who fail. It's as easy as legalizing weed, taxing it 100 percent and selling massive stock in Frito-Lay.
lol
It would also be ridiculous as well.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
 
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 01:42 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt View Post
There is no avoiding paying more taxes at this point. It'd be quite rediculas for anyone to think so. He have to dig ourselves out of massive freakin debt. It has to come from somewhere.
Personally, I'd stop handing free money to those who fail. It's as easy as legalizing weed, taxing it 100 percent and selling massive stock in Frito-Lay.
lol
But here's the thing. After GW cut tax rates, revenues went up.

If GW had acted like a full conservative (instead of half of one) he would have cut spending and we wouldn't have these deficit issues. Instead he cut taxes like a conservative and spent like a liberal. He, and the Republican controlled congress, were a bunch of total fucking morons from this perspective.

Just stop spending money we don't have.

However I would be ok with raising Gasoline taxes. We need MORE investment in transportation infrastructure.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: on the sea
Posts: 17
and now from the department of redundancy department...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
It would also be ridiculous as well.

ModdinArt is offline  
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt View Post
and now from the department of redundancy department...

Look at the dumbfuck that lacks the deductive skills to tell when he's being made fun of.

Way to read at a second grade level.
You didn't have to be shurlock Holmes to detect that context clue.

I'm sorry for your kids to have to inherit your genome. Liberal, and a dumbfuck........Damn
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: on the sea
Posts: 17
oh don't get fussy cuz I made ya feel silly.
cheer up. things will get worse.

ModdinArt is offline  
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 02:38 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt View Post
oh don't get fussy cuz I made ya feel silly.
cheer up. things will get worse.
Says the guy who cannot spell RIDICULOUS.


Go suck Michael Moore off while he strokes your feeble intellect. The political forum is for grown ups.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Lifer
 
Justa4banger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Says the guy who cannot spell RIDICULOUS.

Who made you the spelling police?

NO ONE!!!!!!

85 SVO 2.7t coming soon
Old 438whp 1/8th??
Older 375whp [email protected]

We will never forget you WILD 42!
Friends I've Lost

Even if you make something dummy-proof, the world makes a better dummy.
Justa4banger is offline  
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt View Post
oh don't get fussy cuz I made ya feel silly.
cheer up. things will get worse.
Lol, even the liberal idiots are starting to catch on to Obama's future plans.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
But here's the thing. After GW cut tax rates, revenues went up.

If GW had acted like a full conservative (instead of half of one) he would have cut spending and we wouldn't have these deficit issues. Instead he cut taxes like a conservative and spent like a liberal. He, and the Republican controlled congress, were a bunch of total fucking morons from this perspective.

Just stop spending money we don't have.

However I would be ok with raising Gasoline taxes. We need MORE investment in transportation infrastructure.
Easy there killer. Before anyone raises the gasoline tax lets first stop the government from treating the transportation tax coffers as a rainy day fund for all of their pet projects that have no relation to transportation in any way.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain View Post
Easy there killer. Before anyone raises the gasoline tax lets first stop the government from treating the transportation tax coffers as a rainy day fund for all of their pet projects that have no relation to transportation in any way.
Yep. We can start with Mr. Perry.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt View Post
There is no avoiding paying more taxes at this point. It'd be quite rediculas for anyone to think so. He have to dig ourselves out of massive freakin debt. It has to come from somewhere.
Personally, I'd stop handing free money to those who fail. It's as easy as legalizing weed, taxing it 100 percent and selling massive stock in Frito-Lay.
lol
You need to stick to video editing, buddy, because basic economics says you're absolutely wrong. As taxes go up, revenues drop. The issue is spending. Stop spending money (like Obama seems set on doing) and the defecit will decrease.

And if you think the black market for marijuana is big now, you haven't seen shit until you've seen what it looks like under a 100% tax. Very few people would buy legally if that were the case.

Slowhand is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 11:21 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain View Post
Easy there killer. Before anyone raises the gasoline tax lets first stop the government from treating the transportation tax coffers as a rainy day fund for all of their pet projects that have no relation to transportation in any way.
Absolutely. I totally agree with you there.

It should be for roads, bridges, and related infrastructure. You're right, those fuckers abuse it all the damn time.

But when used for its intended purpose, it is one of the few taxes I fully support.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
And if you think the black market for marijuana is big now, you haven't seen shit until you've seen what it looks like under a 100% tax. Very few people would buy legally if that were the case.[/QUOTE]

Ya cuz the alcohol and tobacco black markets are hugh. They have about the highest taxes of any product and people still line up to buy them.
MrHappy is offline  
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
Ya cuz the alcohol and tobacco black markets are hugh. They have about the highest taxes of any product and people still line up to buy them.
One, learn to fucking spell. Two, the taxes on those items is not even close to 100%. Beer taxes national run about $00.25 per gallon. He was talking about doubling the price; that's ludicrous.

Slowhand is offline  
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:27 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
Beer has a low tax but alcohol has about a 65% total tax on it and tobacco has around 70% tax by the time its in the consumers hand.
MrHappy is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 07:06 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt View Post
There is no avoiding paying more taxes at this point. It'd be quite rediculas for anyone to think so. He have to dig ourselves out of massive freakin debt. It has to come from somewhere.
Personally, I'd stop handing free money to those who fail. It's as easy as legalizing weed, taxing it 100 percent and selling massive stock in Frito-Lay.
lol
Bullshit.

Increased taxes = decreased revenue. People spend less, shop less, employ less and so on. Cut the tax to something sane overnight and you'll notice a huge step up in economic activity.
Our government needs a massive and painful overhaul. A lot of people will need to be taught how to be self reliant, but if they really got aggressive and made some needed cuts they could cut hundreds of billions out of the annual budget.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:42 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
You need to stick to video editing, buddy, because basic economics says you're absolutely wrong. As taxes go up, revenues drop. The issue is spending. Stop spending money (like Obama seems set on doing) and the defecit will decrease.

And if you think the black market for marijuana is big now, you haven't seen shit until you've seen what it looks like under a 100% tax. Very few people would buy legally if that were the case.


Speaking of spending, can you please tell us the last time a republicant president has had a balanced budget ?
bullet is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Speaking of spending, can you please tell us the last time a republicant president has had a balanced budget ?
When did a Dem? I know you're not insinuating that Slick Willy had a balanced budget, are you? Raiding Social Security doesn't count...www.justfacts.com

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:19 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
What's the problem here Vert ?


2009 United States federal budget - $3.10 trillion (submitted 2008 by President Bush)
2008 United States federal budget - $2.90 trillion (submitted 2007 by President Bush)
2007 United States federal budget - $2.77 trillion (submitted 2006 by President Bush)
2006 United States federal budget - $2.7 trillion (submitted 2005 by President Bush)
2005 United States federal budget - $2.4 trillion (submitted 2004 by President Bush)
2004 United States federal budget - $2.3 trillion (submitted 2003 by President Bush)
2003 United States federal budget - $2.2 trillion (submitted 2002 by President Bush)
2002 United States federal budget - $2.0 trillion (submitted 2001 by President Bush)
2001 United States federal budget - $1.9 trillion (submitted 2000 by President Clinton)
2000 United States federal budget - $1.8 trillion (submitted 1999 by President Clinton)
1999 United States federal budget - $1.7 trillion (submitted 1998 by President Clinton)
1998 United States federal budget - $1.7 trillion (submitted 1997 by President Clinton)
1997 United States federal budget - $1.6 trillion (submitted 1996 by President Clinton)
1996 United States federal budget - $1.6 trillion (submitted 1995 by President Clinton)
bullet is offline  
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
When did a Dem? I know you're not insinuating that Slick Willy had a balanced budget, are you? Raiding Social Security doesn't count...www.justfacts.com



Twist all you want, using the same accounting standards, when is the last time a republican has did it ?


But don't give slick all the credit, bush 1, sacrificed his second term to get him some more revenue from the tax hikes.
bullet is offline  
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Has anyone read the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act? How do the tax breaks work and when do they expire in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act?
Hass is offline  
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
What's the problem here Vert ?


2009 United States federal budget - $3.10 trillion (submitted 2008 by President Bush)
2008 United States federal budget - $2.90 trillion (submitted 2007 by President Bush)
2007 United States federal budget - $2.77 trillion (submitted 2006 by President Bush)
2006 United States federal budget - $2.7 trillion (submitted 2005 by President Bush)
2005 United States federal budget - $2.4 trillion (submitted 2004 by President Bush)
2004 United States federal budget - $2.3 trillion (submitted 2003 by President Bush)
2003 United States federal budget - $2.2 trillion (submitted 2002 by President Bush)
2002 United States federal budget - $2.0 trillion (submitted 2001 by President Bush)
2001 United States federal budget - $1.9 trillion (submitted 2000 by President Clinton)
2000 United States federal budget - $1.8 trillion (submitted 1999 by President Clinton)
1999 United States federal budget - $1.7 trillion (submitted 1998 by President Clinton)
1998 United States federal budget - $1.7 trillion (submitted 1997 by President Clinton)
1997 United States federal budget - $1.6 trillion (submitted 1996 by President Clinton)
1996 United States federal budget - $1.6 trillion (submitted 1995 by President Clinton)
It's called 9/11, and all that followed, partially caused by your boy that kept his head in the sand...but keep trying!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:12 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
It's called 9/11, and all that followed, partially caused by your boy that kept his head in the sand...but keep trying!



Bullshit, it's called IRAQ


Notice in the years following 9/11 the budget was not that much higher

2003 United States federal budget - $2.2 trillion (submitted 2002 by President Bush)
2002 United States federal budget - $2.0 trillion (submitted 2001 by President Bush)
2001 United States federal budget - $1.9 trillion (submitted 2000 by President Clinton)



so so much for that excuse


but the last 4 years they were spending your money like crazy


2009 United States federal budget - $3.10 trillion (submitted 2008 by President Bush)
2008 United States federal budget - $2.90 trillion (submitted 2007 by President Bush)
2007 United States federal budget - $2.77 trillion (submitted 2006 by President Bush)
2006 United States federal budget - $2.7 trillion (submitted 2005 by President Bush)
bullet is offline  
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Is Iraq not what followed 9/11?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:29 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
It's called destroying a country where NONE of the 9/11 terrorist were even from over revenge and now paying to rebuild and run it while at the same time given al qaeda even more reason to carry out hate attacks towards us.
bullet is offline  
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
It's called destroying a country where NONE of the 9/11 terrorist were even from over revenge and now paying to rebuild and run it while at the same time given al qaeda even more reason to carry out hate attacks towards us.
You're like a damn tape recorder. Again, for 8 years, Hussein did not comply with the cease-fire conditions he agreed too with the entire WORLD! I love how this is entirely and conveniently overlooked by the Libs.

Don't you have a "union job"? They let you stay on the computer all day?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
You need to stick to video editing, buddy, because basic economics says you're absolutely wrong. As taxes go up, revenues drop. The issue is spending. Stop spending money (like Obama seems set on doing) and the defecit will decrease.

And if you think the black market for marijuana is big now, you haven't seen shit until you've seen what it looks like under a 100% tax. Very few people would buy legally if that were the case.

A while back they raised the tax on cigs drasticlly, and a black market appeared. That tax hike actually reduced the income from tax on cigs. When they lowered the tax back down to a resonable %, thier tax income on cigs increased and the black market dissipated. Economist call this the equilibrium point. I could only assume the same would happen with anything else that is smoked. Cali has some interesting pot problems right now.
crownline79 is offline  
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:55 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
You're like a damn tape recorder. Again, for 8 years, Hussein did not comply with the cease-fire conditions he agreed too with the entire WORLD! I love how this is entirely and conveniently overlooked by the Libs.

Don't you have a "union job"? They let you stay on the computer all day?



Even though saddam died, he still got the last laugh on bush because the official govt report shows he had no wmd since the gulf war. If you want to make a real argument, the best ones are "he could have always started trying again" or that he moved them to syria, jordan, or iran and if that is the case why aren't we invading them in the name of "war on terrorism" ?
bullet is offline  
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Speaking of spending, can you please tell us the last time a republicant president has had a balanced budget ?
Where the fuck did I start talking about supporting Republican Presidents? EVERY President MUST have a balanced budget, white or black, Republican or Democrat. I don't give a fuck, dude. Get the fuck out of here with your party politics.

Slowhand is offline  
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Again, for 8 years, Hussein did not comply with the cease-fire conditions he agreed too with the entire WORLD! I love how this is entirely and conveniently overlooked by the Libs.
By now we're painfully aware that we had a limited amount of resources to to counter direct threats to our country (if "we" were not aware of this for the last 8 yrs then that's very poor planning).
Which do you think would have been a wiser expense of said resources at the time? Full bore pursuit of Hussein for not complying with his conditions, probably to hold Iran at bay and knowing he could not put aircraft in the sky are we would shoot em down..or...finding and stopping the aggression of vowed terrorist that had just came on our soil and blown up American citizens and claiming they were not done yet?
Now we're cash strapped and said vowed terrorist are still busy planning our demise.
I put no credence in the fact that "we haven't been attacked since 9-11..." when we have no idea who has come across our borders and no idea of their intent.

.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Even though saddam died, he still got the last laugh on bush because the official govt report shows he had no wmd since the gulf war.
I guess all those artillery shells full of Sarin Nerve Gas and Mustard Gas found after the invasion didn't really exist. Oh, let me guess, you are going to play that dumbass liberal card of "Well that was OLD mustard gas"...lol like that fucking matters.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
AL P is offline  
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 09:57 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I guess all those artillery shells full of Sarin Nerve Gas and Mustard Gas found after the invasion didn't really exist. Oh, let me guess, you are going to play that dumbass liberal card of "Well that was OLD mustard gas"...lol like that fucking matters.


So the cia is telling more lies than bush did ?





https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/...004/index.html
bullet is offline  
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
So the cia is telling more lies than bush did ?

https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/...004/index.html
If you are going to post things on here you should at least read them:

"While a small number of old, abandoned chemical munitions have been discovered, ISG judges that Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991. There are no credible indications that Baghdad resumed production of chemical munitions thereafter, a policy ISG attributes to Baghdad’s desire to see sanctions lifted, or rendered ineffectual, or its fear of force against it should WMD be discovered.

The scale of the Iraqi conventional munitions stockpile, among other factors, precluded an examination of the entire stockpile; however, ISG inspected sites judged most likely associated with possible storage or deployment of chemical weapons"


So...what did they lie about again? Were there WMDs in Iraq? The answer is yes.

Oh, I forgot, these...."don't count".
AL P is offline  
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:25 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
If you are going to post things on here you should at least read them:

"While a small number of old, abandoned chemical munitions have been discovered, ISG judges that Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991. There are no credible indications that Baghdad resumed production of chemical munitions thereafter, a policy ISG attributes to Baghdad’s desire to see sanctions lifted, or rendered ineffectual, or its fear of force against it should WMD be discovered.

The scale of the Iraqi conventional munitions stockpile, among other factors, precluded an examination of the entire stockpile; however, ISG inspected sites judged most likely associated with possible storage or deployment of chemical weapons"


So...what did they lie about again? Were there WMDs in Iraq? The answer is yes.

Oh, I forgot, these...."don't count".






So what you are saying is WE FAILED at removing the old wmds from 1991 but iraq was not making any new wmds or stockpiling as claimed by bush to justify the war.



If this is the truth then why did bush admit that we failed to find any wmd?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soohikNdbWs
bullet is offline  
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:31 AM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
So what you are saying is WE FAILED at removing the old wmds from 1991 but iraq was not making any new wmds or stockpiling as claimed by bush to justify the war.



If this is the truth then why did bush admit that we failed to find any wmd?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soohikNdbWs
Our goal in 1991 was to remove Iraq from Kuwait by force, which was done.

I guess your knowledge of history is as poor as your knowledge of english and politics.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
So what you are saying is WE FAILED at removing the old wmds from 1991 but iraq was not making any new wmds or stockpiling as claimed by bush to justify the war.



If this is the truth then why did bush admit that we failed to find any wmd?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soohikNdbWs
We failed at removing them? What the fuck are you talking about?

I have no idea why Bush would say we found nothing. There could be a lot of reasons for that. All I'm saying is the report you linked says they found WMDs. The media reports from the time were more specific, saying they found artillery shells with nerve agents and mustard gas. If you can't figure out why someone would say we found NOTHING when the CIA reports say they found something then I've made my point. It makes no sense to me either but the facts are the facts.
AL P is offline  
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:42 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
We failed at removing them? What the fuck are you talking about?

I have no idea why Bush would say we found nothing. There could be a lot of reasons for that. All I'm saying is the report you linked says they found WMDs. The media reports from the time were more specific, saying they found artillery shells with nerve agents and mustard gas. If you can't figure out why someone would say we found NOTHING when the CIA reports say they found something then I've made my point. It makes no sense to me either but the facts are the facts.


All I am saying is 20 seconds into that posted video the potus says WE FOUND NO WMDS IN IRAQ.

Do you really believe the cia anymore ?


It was their wrong intelligence that made bush look like a fool.
bullet is offline  
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Do you really believe the cia anymore ?


It was their wrong intelligence that made bush look like a fool.
Bullshit. But come on..everybody just chill out with a good joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKX6l...eature=related

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Stevo






give us your expert opinion on what george bush says at 20 -25 seconds into this video.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soohikNdbWs
bullet is offline  
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Stevo






give us your expert opinion on what george bush says at 20 -25 seconds into this video.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soohikNdbWs
Kid, I'm not watching your shit or even reading your posts anymore unless you have quoted me or putting my name in them. It is useless, you are nothing but another liberal parrot that only says what your ranting liberal websites tell you say. You manufacture facts and information, and when confronted with opposing facts, you totally ignore them ,change the subject or walk away from the thread.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:13 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789



What's wrong stevo ?






Can't handle your messiah at a press conference telling you the TRUTH ?



Keep those blinders on buddy.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:15 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post










Can't handle your messiah at a press conference telling you the TRUTH ?



Keep those blinders on buddy
.
Irony at it's best.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome