Obama sending 12,000 more troops to afganistan.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Obama sending 12,000 more troops to afganistan....

damn.they say this is just the beginning....

RON PAUL '08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Lifer

WTF I thought the messiah would bring harmony and world peace. I also thought he was going to bring our troops home.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
NOT AFGHANISTAN ANYMORE!!

Yep, they've been collecting names for people to go for the last couple of weeks in my unit. Mine is tentatively on the list, there is a scheduling conflict I have to resolve to make sure that I can go.

Dallas news reports Tony Romo tried to commit suicide last night!

Fortunately he dropped the gun and the bullet was intercepted!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
WTF I thought the messiah would bring harmony and world peace. I also thought he was going to bring our troops home.
This will be his "quagmire". They say it's pretty bad there, too. I'm worried for our guys, going into a new situation and all. Especially with this commander-in-chief. I think he would put them in harms way just to get the PR....

* about 4p.m. Barry approved another 17,000 troops for Afganistan...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

Last edited by Vertnut; 02-17-2009 at 02:55 PM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

What happened to the withdrawal plan? Sending more troops is against his preaching

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

LOLbama.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Time Served

Its funny the supply chain barely worked when I was in Afghanistan with two brigades, now your adding another division. This is going to be fun.
If they secure the border with Pakistan it may do some good, but spreading everyone out, which has been the case for 7 years will result in more of nothing.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenCobra View Post
Its funny the supply chain barely worked when I was in Afghanistan with two brigades, now your adding another division. This is going to be fun.
If they secure the border with Pakistan it may do some good, but spreading everyone out, which has been the case for 7 years will result in more of nothing.
I appreciate your service.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenCobra View Post
You got that right! Our logistics mission just got compounded into near impossibility! And look at Crackheadistan closing our base and supply route from the north (with Russia's influence, of course). I have a BAAAAAD feeling about this one. We're going to need more than just troops thrown in there. Shit! Where is Gates on this?!?! I was kinda glad he stayed on for this Administration since he turned shit around since Rummie left. He needs to step up and put some better strategy into this!

If this turns out to be a big clusterfuck, Obama will just reitterate that it was because so much emphasis was put on Iraq and not Afghanistan. You notice how quiet it was out there until the end of the Bush Administration? Our enemy isn't stupid, people! It's too bad that this two-bit, uneducated, money-hungry contractor can see what can happen. Where is our elitist leaders who are FAR better and knowledgable than everyone else?

Leslie's going to fucking shit when I go.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Lifer

I think his way getting around this is I think he said "I plan on withdrawing the troops from Irag" I don't remember him saying anything about afganistan.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWtechie View Post
I think his way getting around this is I think he said "I plan on withdrawing the troops from Irag" I don't remember him saying anything about afganistan.
I remember him saying that, but this front is going to be ridiculous!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 11:49 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
lol...he talked about Iraq, and stated that we need to find and capture Osama. you people are so funny, you cry that he will weaken the country and that he will pull the troops out and we will be under attack from the terrorist, yet he comes out and says we are going after the terrorist and you want to call him a liar. Now I understand how you all thought bush was so great during his 8yrs. sad sad world we all live in when people are blinded by race, religion, or party line.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
lol...he talked about Iraq, and stated that we need to find and capture Osama. you people are so funny, you cry that he will weaken the country and that he will pull the troops out and we will be under attack from the terrorist, yet he comes out and says we are going after the terrorist and you want to call him a liar. Now I understand how you all thought bush was so great during his 8yrs. sad sad world we all live in when people are blinded by race, religion, or party line.
Actually, it's Barry's way of extending the war, and saving face. When you admit that he is nothing more than a consumate politician, you will actually see what he's trying to accomplish. If LBJ and Jimmy Carter had a "love-child", his name would be Barack Hussein Obama...

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Lifer

im not a fan of his but he never said withdraw from Af., in fact he said he would take on the terrorist wherever necessary i believe, he did say in an interview the FIRST thing he would do as president would be sign executive orders to withdraw all troops from Iraq, I have it on TV he can not dodge that!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Lifer

Quote:
All he is doing is what Bush did at first, 12,000 troops want do anything. What he needs to do is a big surge get in get the fucking job done and over with. Bush realized this but it was to late for some people. Remember, the surge in Iraq worked even though obama was against it. Did he not learn anything from Bush's mistakes? If not he is dumber than I thought. This man is NOT a good leader for our armed forces. He needs to pull out like his daddy should have done, or come in and take over and find osama. Cartman, please stop blindly following your "union" they will fuck you in the end.

Quote:
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
All he is doing is what Bush did at first, 12,000 troops want do anything. What he needs to do is a big surge get in get the fucking job done and over with. Bush realized this but it was to late for some people. Remember, the surge in Iraq worked even though obama was against it. Did he not learn anything from Bush's mistakes? If not he is dumber than I thought. This man is NOT a good leader for our armed forces. He needs to pull out like his daddy should have done, or come in and take over and find osama. Cartman, please stop blindly following your "union" they will fuck you in the end.
I am just pointing out, that he is doing what he said he would do, and you all bash him saying he will weaken our country, yet he is doing what you all wanted mccain to do. What I don't get is why is it wrong for him but right for mccain? just calling it like it is and calling out the people that choose not to see it.

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Lifer

Personally I think it's high time we go get the terrorist where they live. And if Pakistan wants to continue to stand in the way, put them in the crosshairs too.

What I hate most is the message we didn't send to the world after 9-11. I'll still take Bin Laden's head on a platter anyday. We forgot 9-11, but it's never too late to remember. And please no..."he's probably dead anyway..."

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I am just pointing out, that he is doing what he said he would do, and you all bash him saying he will weaken our country, yet he is doing what you all wanted mccain to do. What I don't get is why is it wrong for him but right for mccain? just calling it like it is and calling out the people that choose not to see it.
Because he has flip flopped so many times on this nobody knows what he is doing and why he is doing it. History will tell you its not a good idea to pull out of one country when the work is not done, just to put a few more troops into another. Trust me he has an alternate plan in the works. McCain is a little wishywashy on some things, but I pretty sure the whole world understands he is pretty firm when it comes to the military.

Quote:
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Because he has flip flopped so many times on this nobody knows what he is doing and why he is doing it. History will tell you its not a good idea to pull out of one country when the work is not done, just to put a few more troops into another. Trust me he has an alternate plan in the works. McCain is a little wishywashy on some things, but I pretty sure the whole world understands he is pretty firm when it comes to the military.
We'll know more about Barry when the body-bags start showing up from Afganistan. They will have his thumb-print on them, and we'll see what he's made of.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It's plain as day that Bama is going after the "holy grail". Once Bin Laden is captured, he will revel in the unprecedented glory and Bama will begin transformation from Rock Star to SUPER STAR.

Champagne rains down from the heavens and fill Bama's cup.

The media loves it and the crowd goes WILD!

Bama secures another 4 year term.

The end.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Time Served

i was in Afghanistan for 8 months in Helmand province in the district of Now Zad and with 2 platoons we had that place pretty much on lock down the taliban said it wasnt worth the fight and we managed to cut off an MSR to a few other cities that helped out the rest of Helmand. if there would of been a full company of Marines there we could of done so much more and 12,000 troops isnt going to be enough it needs to be more like 30,000 if they want to the taliban to feel it if i wasnt married id extend to go again nothing get the adrenaline going like a good firefight

R.I.P. Lcpl Ivan I. Wilson K.I.A. July 21 2008
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 05:27 PM
How you doin'

obama says, "screw it, lets go kill some people"...a good old fashioned war with a bunch of military spending = economy booster.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Time Served

Quote:
We'll know more about Barry when the body-bags start showing up from Afganistan. They will have his thumb-print on them, and we'll see what he's made of.
X2 and thats a fuckn shame that our guys have to die for people to start realizing what HAS to be done over there

08 HHr SS
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Time Served

Quote:
lol...he talked about Iraq, and stated that we need to find and capture Osama. you people are so funny, you cry that he will weaken the country and that he will pull the troops out and we will be under attack from the terrorist, yet he comes out and says we are going after the terrorist and you want to call him a liar. Now I understand how you all thought bush was so great during his 8yrs. sad sad world we all live in when people are blinded by race, religion, or party line and or just being morons.
FTFY...

What you are failing to see is the out right ignorance.

Lets face it, no matter what obama does it'll never, ever, evvvvvvveer be good enough because the bush supporters feel that their man did the job(a horrible one) so no one else can do better.

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement