When this bailout BS is done, - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

When this bailout BS is done,

where is the attention going to be pointed next?

The wars in the middle east? During the elections, Bama promised withdrawals.

Taking away gun owners rights? We all know it's coming and Bama's admin has even posted their intentions on the White House website.

Raising taxes? Bama is the only presidential candidate who openly admitted to supporting tax increases before being elected.

Here is a neat website keeping track of Bama's campaign promises and how many are kept and broken.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 06:46 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I think raising taxes it out for this year. Obama has already hinted as much.

At best I think they'll only raise taxes on people making more than $500,000 or $1mil.

As for any attack on gun rights, it would be a sure fire win for Republicans in 2010. It would make it VERY possible Republicans to retake the House. My only question is whether or not Democrats are dumb enough to do it. While there are members in the House and Senate that have proposed it, quite a few Democrats are pro gun. I question whether they would have enough votes to get it out of the House. I'm pretty sure the Republicans would be able to filibuster it in the Senate.

I think an Iraq withdrawal is pretty much a done deal. Its going to happen in 2011 anyways. But troop levels in Afghanistan are going to go WAY up.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

At best I think they'll only raise taxes on people making more than $500,000 or $1mil.

As for any attack on gun rights, it would be a sure fire win for Republicans in 2010. It would make it VERY possible Republicans to retake the House. My only question is whether or not Democrats are dumb enough to do it. While there are members in the House and Senate that have proposed it, quite a few Democrats are pro gun. I question whether they would have enough votes to get it out of the House. I'm pretty sure the Republicans would be able to filibuster it in the Senate.

I think an Iraq withdrawal is pretty much a done deal. Its going to happen in 2011 anyways. But troop levels in Afghanistan are going to go WAY up.
What about raising/creating new taxes on guns?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Bullet Sponge

Yep, our troops will be home precisely the amount of time it takes to refuel to head to Afghanistan
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 11:36 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 06:54 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
What about raising/creating new taxes on guns?
Not on guns. I haven't heard any serious discussion on that. However there has been serious discussion on heavily taxing ammo. There have been reports of ammo shortages lately because people are buying (hording) out of fear.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2201778.story

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:

Sarge, I think they are stupid enough to try anything. Remember Barry's "I won" statement? He thinks that gives him carte blanche to do whatever he sees fit. Nothing will shock me after the "spendulus package" they just passed.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 07:26 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Sarge, I think they are stupid enough to try anything. Remember Barry's "I won" statement? He thinks that gives him carte blanche to do whatever he sees fit. Nothing will shock me after the "spendulus package" they just passed.
I agree that the "leadership" is that dumb. The question remains about the rank and file House and Senate members. Like I said, some of them are pro gun.

But frankly, I hope they give it an honest to goodness effort. Then the Republicans can take back a few seats. I've got my fingers crossed for a Senate or House majority after 2010. IMO Clinton had some of his best years when the Republicans controlled the house. When the Republicans got in there, Clinton was able to shrink the government in size and spending. He would have never been able to do that with Democrats in charge...

But of course all this is just speculation. For all I know, Barry will try to have the National Guard go house to house in a few months....

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
IMO Clinton had some of his best years when the Republicans controlled the house. When the Republicans got in there, Clinton was able to shrink the government in size and spending. He would have never been able to do that with Democrats in charge...
This is a fact. It was because the dems weren't in charge to spend the hell out of the money like they are doing now. Then Clinton gets the gold ribbon for "balancing" the budget.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 10:49 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
This is a fact. It was because the dems weren't in charge to spend the hell out of the money like they are doing now. Then Clinton gets the gold ribbon for "balancing" the budget.
Well, maybe he deserves it. I give Newt and his boys a lot of the credit but the President still has to put his signature on the bill...

Together they did a lot more than GW and a Republican dominated Congress..

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Well, maybe he deserves it. I give Newt and his boys a lot of the credit but the President still has to put his signature on the bill...

Together they did a lot more than GW and a Republican dominated Congress..
I give the credit to Sen William V. Roth Jr. (R) of Delaware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement