2004 Video: Dems covering up Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac BS - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Putting the sensual in nonconsensual since 1984
Posts: 12,482
2004 Video: Dems covering up Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac BS





.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Strychnine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
The ignorance is immeasurable in that video.
Hass is offline  
post #3 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 04:35 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
I hope everyone realizes that people of the same ilk will be handling our new $800 billion spending package, right? I saw this video (along with others) a little while back, and it literally turns my stomach.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Well sure!

But look what happens when the same people aren't getting paid off...They'll want to socialize....uhm uhmmm...basically take over to oversee a business...


VETTKLR is offline  
post #5 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
I thought the general theme is republicans are for less govt intervention and dems for more ?


Regardless it was "big business" that had the most to gain from loose standards in mortgage underwriting.
bullet is offline  
post #6 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
The Republicans wanted to make sure that Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac were playing by the rules because their books weren't adding up. The paid off Democrats got all huffy and said that there was nothing wrong and in fact, those two companies were going above and beyond in making sure that there was nothing to worry about.


Andddd that leads us up to today where the dems are blaming Dubya for Fannie May and Freddy Mac crashing, setting up the nation to the sick chain of events that we're a part of now.

VETTKLR is offline  
post #7 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
The Republicans wanted to make sure that Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac were playing by the rules because their books weren't adding up. The paid off Democrats got all huffy and said that there was nothing wrong and in fact, those two companies were going above and beyond in making sure that there was nothing to worry about.


Andddd that leads us up to today where the dems are blaming Dubya for Fannie May and Freddy Mac crashing, setting up the nation to the sick chain of events that we're a part of now.





The problem really stemmed from a govt entity becoming public and having to answer to shareholders who wanted increased returns and from the govt deciding it need to create competition for fannie.
bullet is offline  
post #8 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Competition for Fannie? Like a race to see who could send the country to the shitter the fastest?

Could you elaborate on that run-on sentence a little for me, please?

Which gov't entity became public? Fannie Mae?
Who were the major shareholders? (I don't think it's pertinent, but something interesting may come of it)
So the gov't decided to go public with Fannie Mae and then created Freddy Mac to compete with it? Whoa, man.

By gov't, do you mean the liberal side of gov't? The libs are the ones caught on camera that defended fannie and freddy, tooth and nail

elaborate, por favor.

VETTKLR is offline  
post #9 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Nevermind....I'm looking it over on wikipedia now.

bbl...

VETTKLR is offline  
post #10 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
OK, Wikipedia's information and it's cross-references answered a lot of my questions.

In researching, I came across this...

Quote:
In June 2008, the Wall Street Journal reported that two former CEOs of Fannie Mae, James A. Johnson and Franklin Raines had received loans below market rate from Countrywide Financial. Fannie Mae was the biggest buyer of Countrywide's mortgages. [36]

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have strategically given contributions to lawmakers currently sitting on committees that primarily regulate their industry: The House Financial Services Committee; the Senate Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs Committee; or the Senate Finance Committee. The others have seats on the powerful Appropriations or Ways & Means committees, are members of the congressional leadership or have run for president.

Barney Frank has been a member of the House Financial Services Committee since 1991 (and is currently the chair). The HFSC is one of two government entities responsible for oversight over Fannie Mae. From 1991 to 1998, Barney Frank had a lover, Herb Moses, who was an executive at Fannie Mae. While at Fannie Mae, Moses helped develop many of Fannie Maeís affordable housing and home improvement lending programs. Other lawmakers have called this a "clear conflict of interest."
If that just doesn't give you the warm fuzzies, I don' t know what will



I was listening to Hannity earlier...he played a clip of the EXACT same liberal jackasses, Bawney Fwank, Pelossi, Maxine Waters and Gregory Meeks reading the Fannie Mae exec's the riot act today. How do these jackasses keep their jobs with their hypocrisy caught on video?!?

VETTKLR is offline  
post #11 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 03:33 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
OK, Wikipedia's information and it's cross-references answered a lot of my questions.

In researching, I came across this...



If that just doesn't give you the warm fuzzies, I don' t know what will



I was listening to Hannity earlier...he played a clip of the EXACT same liberal jackasses, Bawney Fwank, Pelossi, Maxine Waters and Gregory Meeks reading the Fannie Mae exec's the riot act today. How do these jackasses keep their jobs with their hypocrisy caught on video?!?
Because the public has the memory and attention span of a goldfish, and is looking for who gives the biggest handouts now, not who will take care of america and do right by her.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #12 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
By public, you mean the likes of gpamp and moddin'art... Weak-minded fools that can't think for themselves, so they absorb the shit people like Chris Matthews on MSNBC tells them.

Real fuckin' nice.

VETTKLR is offline  
post #13 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 04:31 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
By public, you mean the likes of gpamp and moddin'art... Weak-minded fools that can't think for themselves, so they absorb the shit people like Chris Matthews on MSNBC tells them.

Real fuckin' nice.
Exactly the public I'm talking about, but not just them. Also the public that thinks all this "feel good" legislation is a good idea, and vote it into power, but forget to think about the economic harm in the way of stifled growth and ultimately higher taxes and/or bankruptcy.

I am sooooo glad we have a mini america "California" to see how these crazy policies will turn out if we continue to let crap like this happen.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #14 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
The dems have the chutzpah to simply lie about what they have done in the past (as evidenced by the videos), and then try to blame the republicans. Liars at every turn I tell you!!!!

I'd love to see queerbait frank and the rest of them tossed out on their asses.
mikeb is offline  
post #15 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
I am sooooo glad we have a mini america "California" to see how these crazy policies will turn out if we continue to let crap like this happen.
From what I can tell, that goofy bitch Pelosi is no Californian Spokesperson from the future. So all I think California is, is a window to our country's future.

Smile and wave.

VETTKLR is offline  
post #16 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Are the dems blaming failures on Bush because he started them, or because he failed to do anything to stop it?
Hass is offline  
post #17 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Everything I've heard pour out of the messiah's (along with Pelosi, et al) has been

"We're trying to fix what the last administration's 8 years got us into."

Do you not pay attention to The Chosen One, when he speaketh? Ohhhh you poor lost soul!

VETTKLR is offline  
post #18 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
Everything I've heard pour out of the messiah's (along with Pelosi, et al) has been

"We're trying to fix what the last administration's 8 years got us into."

Do you not pay attention to The Chosen One, when he speaketh? Ohhhh you poor lost soul!
Couldn't what the Dems are saying be interpreted as "Bush failed to correct these growing problems?"
Hass is offline  
post #19 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Interpreted? Absolutely not. Spun? Winner Winner. "Bush failed to correct these growing problems" would be equal to saying "Bush couldn't stop us liberal dumbasses from destroying the nation from the inside-out."

Instead, they're placing the blame squarely on Dubya's shoulders. Evidently it worked, the aforementioned liberal dumbasses now control all 3 branches. Sad, sad days.

VETTKLR is offline  
post #20 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
By public, you mean the likes of gpamp and moddin'art... Weak-minded fools that can't think for themselves, so they absorb the shit people like Chris Matthews on MSNBC tells them.

Real fuckin' nice.

And how is that any different from those who drink the rush kool aid ?
bullet is offline  
post #21 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
Everything I've heard pour out of the messiah's (along with Pelosi, et al) has been

"We're trying to fix what the last administration's 8 years got us into."

Do you not pay attention to The Chosen One, when he speaketh? Ohhhh you poor lost soul!

Are you saying in the last 8 years, 3 trillion was not added to the national debt as your SS was looted by your conservative republicans ?
bullet is offline  
post #22 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
If you can't differentiate between Rush and Chris Matthews, have a drink on me.

VETTKLR is offline  
post #23 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:45 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
If you can convince me how a republican is conservative after running the debt from less than 1 trillion into 1980 to 10 trillion in 2008 then I will take two glasses of that kool aid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USDebt.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	90109  
bullet is offline  
post #24 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Are you saying in the last 8 years, 3 trillion was not added to the national debt as your SS was looted by your conservative republicans ?
Start another thread with links, vids, proof, etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
If you can convince me how a republican is conservative after running the debt from less than 1 trillion into 1980 to 10 trillion in 2008 then I will take two glasses of that kool aid.

Disprove the liberals fucking up Fannie Mae or go start another thread, dude.

VETTKLR is offline  
post #25 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 09:50 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
The bottom line is multiple parties were responsible for the crisis ranging from dems, repubs, bush, clinton, brokers, RE agents, appraisers, and lenders.


You truly are blinded by that rush kool aid if you think bush and his administration did not play a major part as well.



" In 2001/2002, Bush created "America's Home Ownership Challenge" in which he challenged the private lending sector as well as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make more than 5.5 million new minority and low income mortgage loans. To meet his challenge to the private lending industry, 24 of our largest banking and lending companies pledged to make 1.1 trillion dollars in low income and minority loans. You can find all of the official documents in the White House Press Releases if you use "America's Home Ownership Challenge" as your search term in the White House archives.

Bush aggressively pushed the private lending industry to make over 1.1 trillion in low income and minority lows and to "create more creative" loan products to do it. He pushed them to "loosen credit standards" and pushed them to make the most risky loan products available to the riskiest buyers. Then, he turned to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and threatened to not rewrite their regulatory charters.


The government-sponsored corporations created to increase the liquidity of mortgage markets, so more capital would be available for mortgage loans, are supposed to lead the market in reaching underserved populations. While these corporations have increased their commitments to these efforts, they lag behind private lenders in this regard, according to government studies.
The Administration will revisit the regulatory goals for these corporations' purchases of affordable housing loans, which are set to expire in 2003
. The federal government should demand more and should hold such publicly-chartered corporations accountable for better performance.

(From Bush's Press Release entitled "A Home of Your Own EXPANDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL AMERICANS, PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH JUNE 2002" regarding his "America's Homeownership Challenge").
The Bush Administration issued the following press release hailing its successes in pushing the private lending industry and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into making more low income and minority loans:

Under President Bush's leadership, overall U.S. homeownership in the second quarter of 2004 reached an all-time high of 69.2 percent. Single-family housing affordability is at its highest level in 30 years, and minority homeownership set a new record-high of 51 percent in the second quarter.
The President has called on Congress to work with him on additional steps to promote homeownership in America. He has set bold goals for homeownership, including his challenge to the Nation to create 5.5 million new minority homeowners by the end of the decade - and he has now set an additional goal of 7 million new affordable homes.
(White House Press Release "Increasing Affordable Housing & Expanding Homeownership").

Through the Republican Congress in 2003 and the Bush Administration's work through HUD and the FHA, the Bush Administration forced Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to, for the first time, make available riskier loan products to minority and low income buyers.


The Federal Housing Administration Mortgage Program. In 2002, the President issued America's Homeownership Challenge to increase first-time minority homeowners by 5.5 million through 2010. The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage program is an important tool for reaching that goal. In 2006, 31 percent of those using FHA mortgages were minorities purchasing their first home. The 2008 Budget continues Administration efforts to modernize FHA by improving its ability to reach traditionally underserved homebuyers (aka those who do not normally qualify for loans), such as low- and moderate-income families, individuals with blemished credit, and families who have little savings for a down payment."
bullet is offline  
post #26 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
Start another thread with links, vids, proof, etc.





Disprove the liberals fucking up Fannie Mae or go start another thread, dude.
His messiah is about to add over a trillion dollars to our debt in one swoop of his pen!
Fannie Mae and Freedie Mac got run into the ground by liberals that should be facing felonious charges. Instead, the bunch of crooks-known-as-congress are just covering up for each other and blaming Bush. Damn that's getting old.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #27 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
What's a trillion increase on an already 10 trillion debt ?



Wow a huge 10% increase in debt to try reverse the looting and bankrupting of america by the bush administration.


Your conservatives ran the debt up 900% over their 20 years in office and you are crying about 10 % increase in 1 year ?


And bush did not play a part in this at all ?


"Bush aggressively pushed the private lending industry to make over 1.1 trillion in low income and minority lows and to "create more creative" loan products to do it. He pushed them to "loosen credit standards" and pushed them to make the most risky loan products available to the riskiest buyers. Then, he turned to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and threatened to not rewrite their regulatory charters."



"Through the Republican Congress in 2003 and the Bush Administration's work through HUD and the FHA, the Bush Administration forced Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to, for the first time, make available riskier loan products to minority and low income buyers."



Wanna take a wild guess who appointed the head of hud back then and reduced the lending guidelines in hud in 2003 ?




Keep those rose color glasses on and keep drinking that rush kool aid.
bullet is offline  
post #28 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
What's a trillion increase on an already 10 trillion debt ?



Wow a huge 10% increase in debt to try reverse the looting and bankrupting of america by the bush administration.


Your conservatives ran the debt up 900% over their 20 years in office and you are crying about 10 % increase in 1 year ?


And bush did not play a part in this at all ?


"Bush aggressively pushed the private lending industry to make over 1.1 trillion in low income and minority lows and to "create more creative" loan products to do it. He pushed them to "loosen credit standards" and pushed them to make the most risky loan products available to the riskiest buyers. Then, he turned to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and threatened to not rewrite their regulatory charters."



"Through the Republican Congress in 2003 and the Bush Administration's work through HUD and the FHA, the Bush Administration forced Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to, for the first time, make available riskier loan products to minority and low income buyers."



Wanna take a wild guess who appointed the head of hud back then and reduced the lending guidelines in hud in 2003 ?




Keep those rose color glasses on and keep drinking that rush kool aid.

How bout you cite your sources when trying to act like you know what you are talking about?
Even Gpamp will cite an article or two from (insert liberal blog here) to back up his idiotic arguments.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #29 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Fort Worth
Posts: 871
Wow...tossing a trillion around like it's a dollar menu. That's why we are 10 trillion under now.

What's to stop us from the next trillion...or the next?

2003 Torch Red Mach 1 (Almost moddin' time!)
1970 Fastback (Ready for paint!)
HORSPLA is offline  
post #30 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:31 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Wow look at all those dems that proposed the bill that lead to down payment and closing cost being paid for them so low income, risky credit people could now get into housing.


http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s108-811



Sen. Wayne Allard [R-CO]



Cosponsors [as of 2008-11-10]
Sen. Michael Crapo [R-ID]
Sen. Jefferson Sessions [R-AL]
Sen. Samuel Brownback [R-KS]
Sen. Michael Enzi [R-WY]
Sen. Conrad Burns [R-MT]
Sen. Ben Campbell [R-CO]
Sen. Richard Santorum [R-PA]
Sen. Lisa Murkowski [R-AK]
Sen. Charles Hagel [R-NE]




And to think this happened in a republican controlled congress ?
bullet is offline  
post #31 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Lifer
 
Hmbre97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hutto, TX
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
What's a trillion increase on an already 10 trillion debt ?

Wow a huge 10% increase in debt to try reverse the looting and bankrupting of america by the bush administration.

Your conservatives ran the debt up 900% over their 20 years in office and you are crying about 10 % increase in 1 year ?

And bush did not play a part in this at all ?

"Bush aggressively pushed the private lending industry to make over 1.1 trillion in low income and minority lows and to "create more creative" loan products to do it. He pushed them to "loosen credit standards" and pushed them to make the most risky loan products available to the riskiest buyers. Then, he turned to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and threatened to not rewrite their regulatory charters."

"Through the Republican Congress in 2003 and the Bush Administration's work through HUD and the FHA, the Bush Administration forced Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to, for the first time, make available riskier loan products to minority and low income buyers."

Wanna take a wild guess who appointed the head of hud back then and reduced the lending guidelines in hud in 2003 ?

Keep those rose color glasses on and keep drinking that rush kool aid.
WOW. Just...... fucking wow. You are a grade A idiot. What is your source? The Huffington Post?


-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
Hmbre97 is offline  
post #32 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
He sounds like he's got a problem with Dubya hooking up shitloads of minorities with a roof over their head.

Racist bastard!


The Black Caucus greatly approved of Dubya's plan, as stated by Mr. Mudd


One of them reeeeealllllly approved of it to the tune of $126K

VETTKLR is offline  
post #33 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:45 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Wow look at all those dems that proposed the bill that lead to down payment and closing cost being paid for them so low income, risky credit people could now get into housing.


http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s108-811



Sen. Wayne Allard [R-CO]



Cosponsors [as of 2008-11-10]
Sen. Michael Crapo [R-ID]
Sen. Jefferson Sessions [R-AL]
Sen. Samuel Brownback [R-KS]
Sen. Michael Enzi [R-WY]
Sen. Conrad Burns [R-MT]
Sen. Ben Campbell [R-CO]
Sen. Richard Santorum [R-PA]
Sen. Lisa Murkowski [R-AK]
Sen. Charles Hagel [R-NE]




And to think this happened in a republican controlled congress ?
How about you check the date on your "Slam Dunk" argument.

First off The congress you have there is DEMOCRAT controlled.

Second, three months ago our biggest problem was a glut of houses on the market, and NO buyers. Ring a bell?
Considering that these houses are no longer on the tax rolls of the municipalities they reside in poses a huge problem to cities, counties, and the states. (See california) so paying closing costs to get the houses back under the tax rolls sounds, hmm, like a great idea, doesnt it?

Good thing all those "democrats" proposed it.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #34 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Lifer
 
Hmbre97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hutto, TX
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Wow look at all those dems that proposed the bill that lead to down payment and closing cost being paid for them so low income, risky credit people could now get into housing.


http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s108-811
Please quote where is says anything about people with risky credit. Low income does not automatically equal credit risk.

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
Hmbre97 is offline  
post #35 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:47 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
How bout you cite your sources when trying to act like you know what you are talking about?
Even Gpamp will cite an article or two from (insert liberal blog here) to back up his idiotic arguments.


Do you really think I sit around and make up press releases, quoted speeches, and make believe bills that passed in senate just for fun ?




Here's is one article with citations if you really get bored.


http://iarnuocon.newsvine.com/_news/...ubprime-crisis


Notice he places blame on the dems in it as well.
bullet is offline  
post #36 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:49 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbre97 View Post
Please quote where is says anything about people with risky credit. Low income does not automatically equal credit risk.




No down payment and closing cost = lack of discipline = no cash reserves = no way to repay loan if job is lost= higher credit risk to lender
bullet is offline  
post #37 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:54 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Do you really think I sit around and make up press releases, quoted speeches, and make believe bills that passed in senate just for fun ?.

Well, when you put quotes around statements that you are trying to pass off as fact, you generally want to name the article,person,company,politician, whothefuckevAr you are taking said quote from.

welcome to remedial debate.

sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #38 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Lifer
 
Hmbre97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hutto, TX
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
No down payment and closing cost = lack of discipline = no cash reserves = no way to repay loan if job is lost= higher credit risk to lender

So someone who meets the requirements of "low income", in your mind, lacks financial discipline and has zero money 100% of the time? Do you even know what defines "low income" in that bill?

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
Hmbre97 is offline  
post #39 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Well, when you put quotes around statements that you are trying to pass off as fact, you generally want to name the article,person,company,politician, whothefuckevAr you are taking said quote from.

welcome to remedial debate.


I put the quotes around it because unlike some on here, I don't take credit for other's writing as my own.
I was just to lazy to post the links.

Feel free to dispute what I posted by showing anything that it is not fact.
bullet is offline  
post #40 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:11 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
I put the quotes around it because unlike some on here, I don't take credit for other's writing as my own.
I was just to lazy to post the links.

Feel free to dispute what I posted by showing anything that it is not fact.
Hard to do when you don't cite your source to refute.

If you are speaking public knowledge, or within the realm of common sense, generally noone harps on your lack of backing up your argument. ( notice I didnt jump down your throat about the underwriting low income post above by asking for actuarial data to support) But when you cite specific stuff, especially to refute someone elses argument (properly cited I might add) you want to present at least gives the impression that you know what you are talking about.

You have alot to learn if you want to be a liberal in the political forum, we've run off far smarter people than you seem to be. (judging from your previous posts,lack of knowledge, etc.)


TANK YOU, COME AGAIN!
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #41 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:20 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbre97 View Post
So someone who meets the requirements of "low income", in your mind, lacks financial discipline and has zero money 100% of the time? Do you even know what defines "low income" in that bill?



Do you not understand this simple fact ?


Republicans sponsored a bill, passed by a republican congress, signed by a republican president that allowed sellers to gift down payment and closing cost to those with low income who had no business even buying a home due to lack of discipline to even save a down payment which led to people who had no or very little cash reserves sitting in a house bought in a bubble that they were upside down from day 1 on. They were writing these high risk, no money down loans to low income people, with fico scores in the 500's.

Last edited by bullet; 02-12-2009 at 11:26 PM.
bullet is offline  
post #42 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:25 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Hard to do when you don't cite your source to refute.

If you are speaking public knowledge, or within the realm of common sense, generally noone harps on your lack of backing up your argument. ( notice I didnt jump down your throat about the underwriting low income post above by asking for actuarial data to support) But when you cite specific stuff, especially to refute someone elses argument (properly cited I might add) you want to present at least gives the impression that you know what you are talking about.

You have alot to learn if you want to be a liberal in the political forum, we've run off far smarter people than you seem to be. (judging from your previous posts,lack of knowledge, etc.)


TANK YOU, COME AGAIN!



Why do you choose to change the subject when confronted with the facts to argue semantics or attack the messenger?
bullet is offline  
post #43 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Do you not understand this simple fact ?


Republicans sponsored a bill, passed by a republican congress, signed by a republican president that allowed sellers to gift down payment and closing cost to those with low income who had no business even buying a home due to lack of discipline to even save a down payment which led to people who had no or very little cahs reserves sitting in a house bought in a bubble that they were upside down from day 1 on. They were writing these high risk, no money down loans to low income people, with fico scores in the 500's.
Do you not understand the simple fact that i've already tore that argument to bits, using your own quotes no less.

The date of your "proof" is 3 months ago, yet you are trying to twist it back to, what? 2001...2002?

I woiuld seriously like to see the blueprints of your time machine that you are trying to use to keep the tail from being pinned on the donkey....

Do i seriously have to quote MY OWN POST to show you that your argument has been taken apart already???

I love how liberals will reject their own video evidence against them like it's not even there... AMAZING
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #44 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:30 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Why do you choose to change the subject when confronted with the facts to argue semantics or attack the messenger?
WHAT FACTS???! YOU DONT EVEN PUT UP THE SOURCES YOU SUPPOSEDLY QUOTED FOR CREDIBILITY!!


geezus h christ, like talking to a liberal brick wall.

I am done for tonight with you. I will continue this tomorrow, unless you've already been torn apart by one of the other Dumb Dumb conservatives on this site that have the annoying habit of backing up their arguments with data rather than ""'s that no one knows where they originated from.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #45 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:32 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
So far all you have done is ignored the facts and resorted to ad hominem.


The fact remains that republicans are just as responsible for the mess if not more than the dems.


That rush kool aid has got you drunk tonight and unable to face reality.
bullet is offline  
post #46 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:35 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Try reading the article which cites the actual govt press releases within.





You guys are all the same. Bankrupted and looted america while running the debt up 900% and still don't accept the truth or responsibility when the facts are in your face.
bullet is offline  
post #47 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789



Are you really that ignorant ?


Notice what date the bill says at the top ?



"A bill to support certain housing proposals in the fiscal year 2003 budget for the Federal Government, including the downpayment assistance initiative under the HOME Investment Partnership Act, and for other purposes."



top not good enough ?


How bout the middle then ?


Introduced Apr 8, 2003
Referred to Committee View Committee Assignments
Reported by Committee Oct 15, 2003
Amendments (1 proposed) View Amendments
Passed Senate Nov 24, 2003
Passed House Dec 8, 2003
Signed by President Dec 16, 2003








Congress was republican controlled when that bill was passed.





Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
How about you check the date on your "Slam Dunk" argument.

First off The congress you have there is DEMOCRAT controlled.

Second, three months ago our biggest problem was a glut of houses on the market, and NO buyers. Ring a bell?
Considering that these houses are no longer on the tax rolls of the municipalities they reside in poses a huge problem to cities, counties, and the states. (See california) so paying closing costs to get the houses back under the tax rolls sounds, hmm, like a great idea, doesnt it?

Good thing all those "democrats" proposed it.
bullet is offline  
post #48 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:55 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
"The clear indication is that this mess is primarily the result of the REPUBLICAN love of deregulation. The DEMOCRATS, of course, deserve their FAIR SHARE of approbation, having done nothing, themselves, to address the problem, either. But in the face of consistent finger-pointing laying the lion's share of the blame at the feet of Democrats, the facts of the situation contradict that assertion. This crisis was engineered by REPUBLICANS, permitted by REPUBLICANS, and now that the chickens have come home to roost should be owned up to by REPUBLICANS."
bullet is offline  
post #49 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 04:38 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
"The clear indication is that this mess is primarily the result of the REPUBLICAN love of deregulation. The DEMOCRATS, of course, deserve their FAIR SHARE of approbation, having done nothing, themselves, to address the problem, either. But in the face of consistent finger-pointing laying the lion's share of the blame at the feet of Democrats, the facts of the situation contradict that assertion. This crisis was engineered by REPUBLICANS, permitted by REPUBLICANS, and now that the chickens have come home to roost should be owned up to by REPUBLICANS."
You're a funny guy, Bullet. Ignorant, but funny. This is Barry's debacle from now on. I will hammer him every day, just as Bush-haters hammered him. This is going to be so much fun! After just three weeks, we can already see he's over his head. Hell, he can't even fill his cabinet! Foreign policy hasn't even come up yet, and we all know that's his real weakness. Scary, huh?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #50 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
"The clear indication is that this mess is primarily the result of the REPUBLICAN love of deregulation. The DEMOCRATS, of course, deserve their FAIR SHARE of approbation, having done nothing, themselves, to address the problem, either. But in the face of consistent finger-pointing laying the lion's share of the blame at the feet of Democrats, the facts of the situation contradict that assertion. This crisis was engineered by REPUBLICANS, permitted by REPUBLICANS, and now that the chickens have come home to roost should be owned up to by REPUBLICANS."
Really, Republican love of deregulation caused this mess. WOW well the Obama's plan to take over the entire free market that made this country great should fix this mess in no time. Did you catch the part where the regulators were paid bu the DEMOCRATS to look the other way? So the Republican's engineered and permitted this "crisis" that cost them the election. WOW you pretty bright there bullet.
Your boy obama is going to regulate this country into the ground.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome