I'd start giving tax breaks and/or credits to companies for hiring Americans. How about this - the total dollars you pay a new employee in that year would equal the deduction in taxable income for that year. Just think all the problems that would solve - companies would be hiring, Americans would be working, government tax base would be increasing.
Do away with the IRS for individuals and implement a flat consumption tax. No more trying to get undocumented workers paying in / taking out using fraudulent identities. Everyone pays their share and you are taxed less when you choose to save money instead of spend it. I think there is benefit to having a tax code for businesses though, that way you can "incentivize" companies via the tax system.
Tax the shit out of foreign goods that are coming into the US competing with American-made products. It will make things more expensive in the short term, but overall bringing manufacturing back to the US will increase the average buying power of consumers. Besides - they tariff our stuff.
Nuclear power plants should be built all over the place. Replace the power grid while you're at it. Stop burning coal, dammit.
Build a high speed electric rail between all cities with population of 500,000 or more. Cars and planes are great, but we have to consider some cheaper alternatives for shuffling around our expanding population.
I'm thinking these are ambitious goals for four (or eight) years time, but you gotta have a plan. What's yours?
This is what I want.
1. Bring back tarriffs to foreign companies. Walmart, tough shit, start buying goods from U.S. Companies if you don't want to pay it.
2. Suspend the capital gains taxes. This will make the stock market take off.
3. CUT A ton of social programs. This is not a socialist country.
4. Allow people to to either get into social security or allow them to invest into a IRA. Again, I do not like social programs.
5. Talk to all the media giants and get them to stop reporting the economy in shambles. If you cry wolf long enough, enough people will listen.
6. Get rid of all IRS Loans. Example, this new 7500 tax credit for new home buyers. If you read about it, its not a tax credit, its a fucking loan that they sugar coated the name. Who in the hell wants to OWE the IRS 7500 dollars (You have to repay that fucking credit).
7. Reform loans where you MUST PROVE Your income. This goes for credit cards/car loans/mortgages.
8. Outlaw all fossil fuel power plants. Make them use Nuke, Wind, Geothermal, hydroelectric, etc..