$800 billion "porkulus" package... - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
$800 billion "porkulus" package...

Can someone find a copy of this turd of a bill that shows the breakdown of funds?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:14 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
You working on bringing another brother from the dark into the light?
Fox466 is offline  
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
You working on bringing another brother from the dark into the light?
I can't seem to find much on it, but I'm hearing a lot of bad shit...$150 million for ACORN, several hundred million for STD's and birth control...shit like that. Now WTF does have to do with "stimulating" the economy?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 AM
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
here's some info, but it's not quite as detailed as it could be:

http://www.stocktradingtogo.com/2009...age-breakdown/
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:41 AM
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:42 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 383
Okay, look... The media and the Dems didn't question the Patriot Act or the Iraq War until after it was passed/started and, even then, it took a while for the momentum to build. The least you can do is look the other way for a month or two while this one gets passed. It only seems fair.

Now seriously, I like the spending on construction projects/education but there is way too much crap in there. It looks like everyone got someting for their favorite group. But I have not read a complete breakdown.
1fastdem is offline  
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:48 AM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
Americans have no one to blame but themself . This is what the country has voted for since 2006 .
thesource is offline  
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:48 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Can someone find a copy of this turd of a bill that shows the breakdown of funds?
Regardless of the contents, the package simply isnt big enough to do what they want. Less then 1% of our GDP stimulus won't jumpstart the ecnonmy. Its like throwing a rock in a rushing stream, it won't do anything.
Japes is offline  
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Regardless of the contents, the package simply isnt big enough to do what they want. Less then 1% of our GDP stimulus won't jumpstart the ecnonmy. Its like throwing a rock in a rushing stream, it won't do anything.
That's my point...most of the B.S. in there has little or nothing to do with "stimulating" the economy. It's a way for the Dems to stack all their shit from the last 20 years in one pile, and get it passed. It's a rip-off. I love Barry's favorite quote on this, "We'll create OR SAVE 4 miilion jobs with this". WTF does that mean? How can you put a figure on "saved" jobs, or jobs that are created for the federal government to be paid for by taxing the rest of us into oblivion? Remember, 28 years ago, Reagan faced a more dire economy (-6% GDP growth), and cut taxes and spending to get us out of it. So we're going to SPEND our way out of this? Even the staunchest of liberal's really can't believe that.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 AM
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
1B for the 2010 census
50M for repairs to NASA repairs
4.5B to make military facilities more energy efficient
2.8B to spur rural broadband projects

from this video (lou dobbs of cnn)

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/lo...id=VIDURVNWS05
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
1B for the 2010 census
50M for repairs to NASA repairs
4.5B to make military facilities more energy efficient
2.8B to spur rural broadband projects

from this video (lou dobbs of cnn)

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/lo...id=VIDURVNWS05
I just watched it. It's the tip of the iceberg. Even Lou Dobbs thinks it's a turd.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:20 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Remember, 28 years ago, Reagan faced a more dire economy (-6% GDP growth), and cut taxes and spending to get us out of it.

What????

Reagan cut taxes but he did not cut spending. He increased the national debt 269%! I will say Reagan did a lot of positive things but cutting spending is not one of them. He did cut back on some social programs but did not touch social security or medicare. He also increased spending on defense throughout his terms. (Granted this increase in spending helped quicken USSR's demise.)

IMO, you are giving Reagan too much credit here. I think the real credit should go to Volcker and his battle against inflation/stagflation in the very late 70's and early 80's which set the stage for the recovery under Reagan.
1fastdem is offline  
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post
What????

Reagan cut taxes but he did not cut spending. He increased the national debt 269%! I will say Reagan did a lot of positive things but cutting spending is not one of them. He did cut back on some social programs but did not touch social security or medicare. He also increased spending on defense throughout his terms. (Granted this increase in spending helped quicken USSR's demise.)

IMO, you are giving Reagan too much credit here. I think the real credit should go to Volcker and his battle against inflation/stagflation in the very late 70's and early 80's which set the stage for the recovery under Reagan.
Reagan did increase spending later, but his initial response (28 years ago Feb 5th), was to cut taxes and spending. Yes, his spending did rid us of the Soviet Union...

We will never stop spending, but right now is not the time to promote it. It's just like my home...when we have a little money, we spend it. When we don't, we cut back. It's not that difficult, and it works.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:59 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
We could also remove our 700 military instalations worldwide, thats quite a bit of worthless spending.
Japes is offline  
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post
Okay, look... The media and the Dems didn't question the Patriot Act or the Iraq War until after it was passed/started and, even then, it took a while for the momentum to build. The least you can do is look the other way for a month or two while this one gets passed. It only seems fair.
We don't want to look the other way because some of us are the ones paying for it
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:08 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
We could also remove our 700 military instalations worldwide, thats quite a bit of worthless spending.

Yeah, that'd stimulate the economy! Add 2,000,000 more unemployed to the list and lose our global influence. Why don't we just have have one branch of the military and base them all in Montana?

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:23 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Yeah, that'd stimulate the economy! Add 2,000,000 more unemployed to the list and lose our global influence. Why don't we just have have one branch of the military and base them all in Montana?
Considering that we spend over a trillion each year to maintain these invasions on soverign foreign lands. We belevie we have a right, a sacred duty to be the world police. We have NO right to be in any soverign nation's territory with our own military bases.
Japes is offline  
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Considering that we spend over a trillion each year to maintain these invasions on soverign foreign lands. We belevie we have a right, a sacred duty to be the world police. We have NO right to be in any soverign nation's territory with our own military bases.
Like it or not, we are in that position of "world police", at least in the "free world". It's not just us, but a lot of the world that looks to us to do it. Do we "have too"? No. I don't agree with a lot of it, but that won't change.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: tail end of where the hell are we road
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Considering that we spend over a trillion each year to maintain these invasions on soverign foreign lands. We belevie we have a right, a sacred duty to be the world police. We have NO right to be in any soverign nation's territory with our own military bases.
boy your ight on top of it . you voted ron paul didn't you .

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
Bubbaearl is offline  
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:45 AM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Considering that we spend over a trillion each year to maintain these invasions on soverign foreign lands. We belevie we have a right, a sacred duty to be the world police. We have NO right to be in any soverign nation's territory with our own military bases.
If we don't keep an interest in certain parts of the world , we will be defending our soil in no time . While its a high price to pay , its one that keeps us on top of the rest of the world .
thesource is offline  
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Hero in a half shell
 
Fobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richmond Tx
Posts: 2,584

Fobra is offline  
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:13 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
If we don't keep an interest in certain parts of the world , we will be defending our soil in no time . While its a high price to pay , its one that keeps us on top of the rest of the world .
Then let us defend ourselfs, but not encroach on other nations soverignty.

How would you like it if China decided it was neccissary for their world status to place a military base on American soil. I promise you would be out every night attacking and killind those chinese because they are invaders on your land. Dont say we have no choice, the world has to function without the American Empires miltary bases.
Japes is offline  
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Then let us defend ourselfs, but not encroach on other nations soverignty.

How would you like it if China decided it was neccissary for their world status to place a military base on American soil. I promise you would be out every night attacking and killind those chinese because they are invaders on your land. Dont say we have no choice, the world has to function without the American Empires miltary bases.
China is not a free country. Probably not the best example.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:22 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
China is not a free country. Probably not the best example.
Doesnt matter, just because they dont have the same ideals we do, doesnt mean they are wrong. The analogy works just fine, one nation's base on anothers soverign land.
Japes is offline  
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
We have NO right to be in any soverign nation's territory with our own military bases.
Actually we do. We defeated Japan and Germany in war, hence we have the right to occupy them for as long as we want. We don't though, we just have a few bases there.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Doesnt matter, just because they dont have the same ideals we do, doesnt mean they are wrong. The analogy works just fine, one nation's base on anothers soverign land.
That's wrong. We've never set up bases in the USSR or China. Post-war pacts and treaties give us the "right" to build bases in other countries.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:52 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
 
jyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Midlothian, Tx
Posts: 4,427
pie chart

found one
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2175496/posts

I added up 961 billion from this one

Last edited by jyro; 01-31-2009 at 07:59 PM.
jyro is offline  
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Hmm, can the 31.3 ??? go to me please?
Skidmark is offline  
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:37 PM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Considering that we spend over a trillion each year to maintain these invasions on soverign foreign lands. We belevie we have a right, a sacred duty to be the world police. We have NO right to be in any soverign nation's territory with our own military bases.
So were we right to support England against germany in the world wars? Were we right to invade fortress europe? You might argue these are past times and things are different. Sure, they are. Now you have terrorists in training camps around the world who can be trained, then board civilian flights and access the american heartland at the touch of a botton on a airlines website. You think its better to wait for them to disappear into the population or attack them when they are at training camps abroad?

These "invasions" help out the local economy of the countries were base in.
They help shore up the defence of friendly nations and declare our intent to defend them from those that mean them harm.
They project american power overseas which helps secure stability
This stability helps international trade which creates american and international jobs.


While your idea is great, in practice it sucks. That same line of thinking got us bombed in world war 2 and had our citizens torpedoed in world war 1. Whether we want it or not, we are the world police.

Anyway, back to topic, i think some of the budget items like reducing our military's energy usage on bases will pay off in the long run. That way we can be far more independant of world geopolitics and also reduce FUTURE budgets. Besides, all that money hopefully goes in house, rather than continuing to pour out to unfriendly energy suppliers like venezuela.
32VfromHell is offline  
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Considering that we spend over a trillion each year to maintain these invasions on soverign foreign lands. We belevie we have a right, a sacred duty to be the world police. We have NO right to be in any soverign nation's territory with our own military bases.
This is the STUPIDEST post I've read on here in a while. How long do you think it would take for society, as we know it, to exist like this? Do you understand the amount of shit that stays under control (barely) each day?
Denny is offline  
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: tail end of where the hell are we road
Posts: 807
he knows nothing denny . first most of our bases around the world have been there since wwll . they are there to defend the nation , not occupy it . they also add to the economy of the country. they are there by an agreement on paper. we lease the base. he's just watched too much ron paul.

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
Bubbaearl is offline  
post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Doesnt matter, just because they dont have the same ideals we do, doesnt mean they are wrong. The analogy works just fine, one nation's base on anothers soverign land.
wha wha I'm a fucking pot smoking pussy wha wha.... you must not know much about war. The loser doesn't exactly get dictate the terms of surrender.
Most of the countries want us there, go ask germany and the east bloc how much they hate the evil imperial americans who have been discouraging commies since 1945
SlowLX is offline  
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
This was part of an article from Newsmax:

Provisions of the bill that many legislators are questioning:


$1 billion for Amtrak, which hasn’t earned a profit in four decades.


$2 billion to help subsidize child care.


$400 million for research into global warming.


$2.4 billion for projects to demonstrate how carbon greenhouse gas can be safely removed from the atmosphere.


$650 million for coupons to help consumers convert their TV sets from analog to digital, part of the digital TV conversion.


$600 million to buy a new fleet of cars for federal employees and government departments.


$75 million to fund programs to help people quit smoking.


$21 million to re-sod the National Mall, which suffered heavy use during the Inauguration.


$2.25 billion for national parks. This item has sparked calls for an investigation, because the chief lobbyist of the National Parks Association is the son of Rep. David R. Obey, D-Wisc. The $2,25 billion is about equal to the National Park Service’s entire annual budget. The Washington Times reports it is a threefold increase over what was originally proposed for parks in the stimulus bill. Obey is chairman of the House Appropriations Committee.


$335 million for treatment and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases.


$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts. $4.19 billion to stave off foreclosures via the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. The bill allows nonprofits to compete with cities and states for $3.44 billion of the money, which means a substantial amount of it will be captured by ACORN, the controversial activist group currently under federal investigation for vote fraud. Another $750 million would be exclusively reserved for nonprofits such as ACORN – meaning cities and states are barred from receiving that money. Sen. David Vitter, R-La., charges the money could appear to be a “payoff” for the partisan political activities community groups in the last election cycle.


$44 million to renovate the headquarters building of the Agriculture Department.


$32 billion for a “smart electricity grid to minimize waste.


$87 billion of Medicaid funds, to aid states.


$53.4 billion for science facilities, high speed Internet, and miscellaneous energy and environmental programs.


$13 billion to repair and weatherize public housing, help the homeless, repair foreclosed homes.


$20 billion for quicker depreciation and write-offs for equipment.


$10.3 billion for tax credits to help families defray the cost of college tuition.


$20 billion over five years for an expanded food stamp program.

Republican leaders say the stimulus package will add 32 new government programs at a cost of $136 billion. They object that many of the programs, once established, are likely to continue indefinitely.

Most media outlets are reporting the cost of the package at $819 billion. As Newsmax revealed yesterday, however, the Congressional Budget Office calculates that the interest on the debt generated by the bill’s spending will cost another $347.1 billion, making the total cost approximately $1.17 trillion.

Of course, the measure contains hundreds of billions in tax cuts and infrastructure projects that conservatives will find palatable. But as House Minority whip Eric Cantor, R-Va., told the media Wednesday, “This was not a stimulus bill. It was a spending bill.”

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smithville
Posts: 1,993
650 mil for tv coupons?they put that whole deal off for now and i dont even see the reasoning behind doing it in the first place.

six hundred fifty million.....coupons.....wtf?

RON PAUL '08
fast83 is offline  
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Frequent Flyer
 
AdamLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 9,148
I may have missed it, but I heard Chris Wallace or someone mention there was $150mm allocated for something regarding honeybees.
AdamLX is offline  
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
a bill like this, nobody really like, so how do you get them to vote for it, let them add earmarks. there are republican earmarks as well.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 AM
GROWED UP WRONG
 
Chopped54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Box Babies Come In
Posts: 7,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
650 mil for tv coupons?they put that whole deal off for now and i dont even see the reasoning behind doing it in the first place.

six hundred fifty million.....coupons.....wtf?
To help his peeps get TV.
He was elected by the media, if the poor folks wanting a handout cant get their "News" who would they know to vote for....

Next we will all have to stop work at 10am and turn on our TVs to an image of Obama and his logo and bow to it...
Chopped54 is offline  
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
This was part of an article from Newsmax:

Provisions of the bill that many legislators are questioning:


$1 billion for Amtrak, which hasn’t earned a profit in four decades.


$2 billion to help subsidize child care.


$400 million for research into global warming.


$2.4 billion for projects to demonstrate how carbon greenhouse gas can be safely removed from the atmosphere.


$650 million for coupons to help consumers convert their TV sets from analog to digital, part of the digital TV conversion.


$600 million to buy a new fleet of cars for federal employees and government departments.


$75 million to fund programs to help people quit smoking.


$21 million to re-sod the National Mall, which suffered heavy use during the Inauguration.


$2.25 billion for national parks. This item has sparked calls for an investigation, because the chief lobbyist of the National Parks Association is the son of Rep. David R. Obey, D-Wisc. The $2,25 billion is about equal to the National Park Service’s entire annual budget. The Washington Times reports it is a threefold increase over what was originally proposed for parks in the stimulus bill. Obey is chairman of the House Appropriations Committee.


$335 million for treatment and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases.


$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts. $4.19 billion to stave off foreclosures via the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. The bill allows nonprofits to compete with cities and states for $3.44 billion of the money, which means a substantial amount of it will be captured by ACORN, the controversial activist group currently under federal investigation for vote fraud. Another $750 million would be exclusively reserved for nonprofits such as ACORN – meaning cities and states are barred from receiving that money. Sen. David Vitter, R-La., charges the money could appear to be a “payoff” for the partisan political activities community groups in the last election cycle.


$44 million to renovate the headquarters building of the Agriculture Department.


$32 billion for a “smart electricity grid to minimize waste.


$87 billion of Medicaid funds, to aid states.


$53.4 billion for science facilities, high speed Internet, and miscellaneous energy and environmental programs.


$13 billion to repair and weatherize public housing, help the homeless, repair foreclosed homes.


$20 billion for quicker depreciation and write-offs for equipment.


$10.3 billion for tax credits to help families defray the cost of college tuition.


$20 billion over five years for an expanded food stamp program.

Republican leaders say the stimulus package will add 32 new government programs at a cost of $136 billion. They object that many of the programs, once established, are likely to continue indefinitely.

Most media outlets are reporting the cost of the package at $819 billion. As Newsmax revealed yesterday, however, the Congressional Budget Office calculates that the interest on the debt generated by the bill’s spending will cost another $347.1 billion, making the total cost approximately $1.17 trillion.

Of course, the measure contains hundreds of billions in tax cuts and infrastructure projects that conservatives will find palatable. But as House Minority whip Eric Cantor, R-Va., told the media Wednesday, “This was not a stimulus bill. It was a spending bill.”
Thank you for confirming what I knew was a turd. Whoever votes for this, needs to hunted down and rectally assaulted (of course by someone wearing a "free" condom). How many of us knew full well this was going to happen? We will rue the day we put this do-nothing in office.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:34 AM
NOT AFGHANISTAN ANYMORE!!
 
Blown03_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'
Posts: 4,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Thank you for confirming what I knew was a turd. Whoever votes for this, needs to hunted down and rectally assaulted (of course by someone wearing a "free" condom). How many of us knew full well this was going to happen? We will rue the day we put this do-nothing in office.
We're talking imminent rueage!

Dallas news reports Tony Romo tried to commit suicide last night!

Fortunately he dropped the gun and the bullet was intercepted!
Blown03_GT is offline  
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
So, we are going to spend 275 Billion of our tax dollars to cut taxes.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
To help his peeps get TV.
He was elected by the media, if the poor folks wanting a handout cant get their "News" who would they know to vote for....
...

Very true. However, it's my experience that poor people tend to have cable with every premium channel possible and HDTV's.

It's not a God given right to watch TV. I like the argument that these are "public" airwaves. Really? Who here has a receipt? No TV Viewer left behind...
stinginstang is offline  
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Lifer
 
GT Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,335
This morning I heard someone say, this single bill spends more money than what we have spent on both the wars in Iraq and Afganistan...

Weren't the Dem's bitching about all the money we were "wasting" in the War on Terror? They are going to spend more in one bill than we've spent in seven years of fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan?

The level of arrogance in Washington is simply astounding... How in the hell did these people become so self righteous and ignorant? How in the hell can they look people in the face and say, they're doing what best for the country?
GT Dan is offline  
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 383
It is about JOBS people. How can you question this when it is about American Jobs?

Don't think about the $$$ or where it is being spent... This bill is about keeping important jobs - all 536 of them. One on 1600 Penn Ave, 100 in the Senate, and 435 in the House. Each politician will vote how he/she thinks will keep him/her employed.
1fastdem is offline  
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post
It is about JOBS people. How can you question this when it is about American Jobs?

Don't think about the $$$ or where it is being spent... This bill is about keeping important jobs - all 536 of them. One on 1600 Penn Ave, 100 in the Senate, and 435 in the House. Each politician will vote how he/she thinks will keep him/her employed.

Nice!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post
It is about JOBS people. How can you question this when it is about American Jobs?

Don't think about the $$$ or where it is being spent... This bill is about keeping important jobs - all 536 of them. One on 1600 Penn Ave, 100 in the Senate, and 435 in the House. Each politician will vote how he/she thinks will keep him/her employed.
Sounds like another satisfied democrat voter.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 PM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Doesnt matter, just because they dont have the same ideals we do, doesnt mean they are wrong. The analogy works just fine, one nation's base on anothers soverign land.
You have a lot to learn about military involvement around the world and in your country (assuming you're an American, if not - fuck off twice as hard). I can't even begin to justify explaining it to you based off the ignorance I've seen in the few posts you've made in this thread.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Sounds like another satisfied democrat voter.

Stevo
1st - I am happy to ride out this bill and see what happens. There are some things I like in it and some I don't.

2nd - I think you have noticed from some of my posts I am not the staunchest of Dems

3rd - Politics is local my friend. I live in Texas and IMO the Republican Party has moved the state too conservative for me so I am a Dem to try to shift it a little left. If I lived in a different state (ie. California, Mass., New York) I'd probably be a Rep 95%. I'd want that state to move right.
1fastdem is offline  
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post
1st - I am happy to ride out this bill and see what happens. There are some things I like in it and some I don't.

2nd - I think you have noticed from some of my posts I am not the staunchest of Dems

3rd - Politics is local my friend. I live in Texas and IMO the Republican Party has moved the state too conservative for me so I am a Dem to try to shift it a little left. If I lived in a different state (ie. California, Mass., New York) I'd probably be a Rep 95%. I'd want that state to move right.
Is it my imagination, or have you "drifted" a little as this "Barry" thing has evolved? I can tell you that IF I were a democrat (I'm not), I would be a little disenchanted with what he has done in so far as as trying to appoint some of these tax-dodging knuckleheads to positions of prominance. Does everyone realize that the folks he has "appointed" have some pretty big issues?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Is it my imagination, or have you "drifted" a little as this "Barry" thing has evolved? I can tell you that IF I were a democrat (I'm not), I would be a little disenchanted with what he has done in so far as as trying to appoint some of these tax-dodging knuckleheads to positions of prominance. Does everyone realize that the folks he has "appointed" have some pretty big issues?
I don't think I have "drifted". The national policies have moved to the left, as to be expected. The move to the left just happens to start to cross where I sit in the political field.

Remember my earlier analogy about our political system being like a blind man driving a car down the road by bumping the car off the guard rails to keep it straight.

Speaking of appointees - What about the one for Commerce? Wait, I think I'll start a thread for this one instead of a hijack...
1fastdem is offline  
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post
I don't think I have "drifted". The national policies have moved to the left, as to be expected. The move to the left just happens to start to cross where I sit in the political field.

Remember my earlier analogy about our political system being like a blind man driving a car down the road by bumping the car off the guard rails to keep it straight.

Speaking of appointees - What about the one for Commerce? Wait, I think I'll start a thread for this one instead of a hijack...
So your politics has drifted from you? I guess you mean the "token" republican, who hasn't accepted yet?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome