First of things to come from closing Gitmo? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Token Troll

First of things to come from closing Gitmo?

Quote:
Abdallah Ali al-Ajmi was transferred back to his home country of Kuwait after his release from Guantanamo in 2005. Last April he blew himself up in a homicide attack that killed 12 people in Mosul, Iraq.
In the video, translated by the NEFA Foundation, a non-profit that tracks terror groups, al-Ajmi mentions Guantanamo Bay right away. For many jihadists, having served time at Guantanamo is seen as a badge of honor.
Sixty-two detainees released from the U.S. Navy base prison in Cuba are believed to have rejoined the fight, said Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell, citing data from December. That's up from 37 as of March 2008, Morrell said.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,483764,00.html

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:43 PM
ebay pimp

Those happened under Bush's watch. Why did "W" let 66 terrorists go?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:52 PM
blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon View Post
Those happened under Bush's watch. Why did "W" let 66 terrorists go?
Pressure from the left. Good news is Obama has sent your trailer rent payment.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
...and pressure from other countries. Unlike Clinton, who just chose to ignore al qaeda and Bin Laden.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Lifer

The left will ignore that the releases were done because of their pressure and for no other reason and they will blame Bush. I have seen several "historians" comment on how we have never released prisoners of war before the war was over. It has always been assumed that they would return to the war and kill with a vengeance. Duh!

Hell, it happened in the movie Saving Private Ryan, so it's not like it is some surprise.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:58 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
I don't rent, and I have a real home, and I'm not an Obama supporter. The OP mentioned things that happened 4 years ago.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't rent, and I have a real home, and I'm not an Obama supporter. The OP mentioned things that happened 4 years ago.
Did you see his answer though? Any thoughts about it?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:15 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Did you see his answer though? Any thoughts about it?
If you're talking about the Fox link, it's standard media hype. They did state it was "unlikely Obama could shut down Gitmo any time soon". Whether slant to the left or the right, the media is always after shock value, since scared people turn on the news.

IMO if we had proper border security, 9/11 would have never happened and we wouldn't need Gitmo. Our open borders can be squarely blamed on Democrats AND Republicans.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If you're talking about the Fox link, it's standard media hype. They did state it was "unlikely Obama could shut down Gitmo any time soon". Whether slant to the left or the right, the media is always after shock value, since scared people turn on the news.

IMO if we had proper border security, 9/11 would have never happened and we wouldn't need Gitmo. Our open borders can be squarely blamed on Democrats AND Republicans.
No, I wasn't. You asked why W released them and he answered because of pressure from the left. Do you think W would have released them without pressure from the hard core left, all the lawsuits, and such?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:23 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
No, I wasn't. You asked why W released them and he answered because of pressure from the left. Do you think W would have released them without pressure from the hard core left, all the lawsuits, and such?

OK. I see what your getting at. I wasn't aware that W had a habit of pandering to the left. Still had a Republican Congress then, so why would he coddle the left?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
OK. I see what your getting at. I wasn't aware that W had a habit of pandering to the left. Still had a Republican Congress then, so why would he coddle the left?
Actually, it was pressure from the Brits and other european leaders that did it. He was "pandering" to our allies...

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Lifer

Former Guantanamo Prisoners, Leaders of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Threaten Western and Arab Countries.

These guys are ready to get back to business of attacking Israel and American interests.

With this philosophy. Why not just release all the incorrigibles in the SuperMax prisons and put them back in free society. Really what's the point anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
Former Guantanamo Prisoners, Leaders of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Threaten Western and Arab Countries.

These guys are ready to get back to business of attacking Israel and American interests.

With this philosophy. Why not just release all the incorrigibles in the SuperMax prisons and put them back in free society. Really what's the point anymore?

I said this in another thread, and I'll say it again...If these "detainee's" had anything what so ever to do with terrorism against the U.S., they should be given a fair, speedy trial, and hung by the neck until they are dead. Make sure it's broadcasted world-wide, and that al jazeera gets a video of it.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:10 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I said this in another thread, and I'll say it again...If these "detainee's" had anything what so ever to do with terrorism against the U.S., they should be given a fair, speedy trial, and hung by the neck until they are dead. Make sure it's broadcasted world-wide, and that al jazeera gets a video of it.
I pretty much agree with that. Combined with proper border security, it would virtually eliminate terrorist problems.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I pretty much agree with that. Combined with proper border security, it would virtually eliminate terrorist problems.
The whole border security thing still pisses me off. Why nothing has been by anyone (regardless of political ilk), is beyond me.

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:27 AM
IA2

Quote:
no, that would rile up the arabic world.

Better to have a public trial and a private execution, with maybe a video where the perp cannot be identified but what is happening is clear. Bury them with a slice of bacon in their mouth to get rid of that martyr/virgin thing.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:27 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Why nothing has been by anyone (regardless of political ilk), is beyond me.
I've been wondering that since 1986, when Reagan granted amnesty to illegals, but was going to shut down the border. Hell, they threw it wide open!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
Bury them with a slice of bacon in their mouth to get rid of that martyr/virgin thing.
Pershing did it best, firing squad with bullets dipped in pigs blood. He always let one go, so they could run back to the mosque & tell all the others.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
The Truth!!!

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 04:26 PM

It wasn't open borders persay. The Hijackers were here on Visas (expired though). But I do agree with tighter borders, and yes I am a Republican.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 04:28 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorSVTMan View Post
It wasn't open borders persay. The Hijackers were here on Visas (expired though). But I do agree with tighter borders, and yes I am a Republican.
Also The Truth!!!
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
no, that would rile up the arabic world.

Better to have a public trial and a private execution, with maybe a video where the perp cannot be identified but what is happening is clear. Bury them with a slice of bacon in their mouth to get rid of that martyr/virgin thing.
OK. I can live with that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement