Obama - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Obama

I've only recently started paying attention to politics and watch alot of the conversations around here. I don't have enough information to really add anything other then the feeling Obama brings around here, which is uncertainity.

I think there are people who just very Republican and didnt want Obama in office no matter what.

So, what is it about Obama you guys dont like? What plans does he have in store for us that has everyone so upset?

<--clueless.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I've only recently started paying attention to politics and watch alot of the conversations around here. I don't have enough information to really add anything other then the feeling Obama brings around here, which is uncertainity.

I think there are people who just very Republican and didnt want Obama in office no matter what.

So, what is it about Obama you guys dont like? What plans does he have in store for us that has everyone so upset?

<--clueless.

For me it is not Obama that i dislike... it is how American is treating him like a God.
post #3 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
For me it is not Obama that i dislike... it is how American is treating him like a God.
You dont think it was inevitable in our media driven society for an event like this to be overhyped?

What if a woman had been elected? You dont think it would be the same way?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....

post #4 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
BANNED

Quote:
You dont think it was inevitable in our media driven society for an event like this to be overhyped?

What if a woman had been elected? You dont think it would be the same way?
If she were White I do not think it would have been taken to this level.

Seriously, have you ever heard so many news stories about black highschoolers taking trips to the inauguration?
post #5 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Lifer

Quote:

<--clueless.
The list is way too long. There are countless threads about it.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

What don't I like? The list is long, I'll try to condense it:

1. Budget. He's going to spend like a drunken congress. National debt is about to take off like a 13 year old's cock does when they see tits.

2. The size of Government. He wants the Federal government to be more powerful and larger than ever. I think that the government should be as small and as efficient as necessary.

3. He's an economic idiot. There is no room for governmental control and intervention in my personal view of economic policy. GTFO.

4. Like mustangguy289 said, he's being treated like the fucking messiah. I'm all about giving the dude a fair chance to make some decisions, but fuck hailing him as Jesus Christ before he's done shit.

5. He didn't do shit as a Senator. Oh, unless you count the countless bullshit pieces of legislation he pushed/voted for. I'd pull together a list, but I'm too lazy.

This is all elementary and basic, but I'm a little too annoyed to put together a half decent argument right now.

post #7 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
What don't I like? The list is long, I'll try to condense it:

1. Budget. He's going to spend like a drunken congress. National debt is about to take off like a 13 year old's cock does when they see tits.

2. The size of Government. He wants the Federal government to be more powerful and larger than ever. I think that the government should be as small and as efficient as necessary.

3. He's an economic idiot. There is no room for governmental control and intervention in my personal view of economic policy. GTFO.

4. Like mustangguy289 said, he's being treated like the fucking messiah. I'm all about giving the dude a fair chance to make some decisions, but fuck hailing him as Jesus Christ before he's done shit.

5. He didn't do shit as a Senator. Oh, unless you count the countless bullshit pieces of legislation he pushed/voted for. I'd pull together a list, but I'm too lazy.

This is all elementary and basic, but I'm a little too annoyed to put together a half decent argument right now.
LOL, it's all good. I'm just curious now because of the huge reaction to him. It seems like "Rome is burning" at the moment from some people's reaction to this.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #8 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Lifer

I feel a little more comfortable with him now. When he campaigned, it was from way...way left. Now that he has elected alot of ex-Clintons, and middle of the road people, I feel more comfortable.

The whole gun issue was/is a big one with me.
There are alot of unknowns with him. He never introduced a bill, yet wrote two books about himself. I find that odd. There are just alot of odd things about him. He never voted on much, so it really is hard to read him. With some of his appts., it makes me breath a little easier.

I'm not down with America thinking he is going to solve everything. People/media have really raised the bar for this guy....almost too high.
post #9 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

I'm so confused. lol.

If he didnt do much as a Senator, what made him a good canidate for President? That's probably some of ya'lls point, but is there a Pro-Obama person here ro someone unbiased to explain it?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #10 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

He was annointed as president by the mainstream media. They virtually ignored all the scandals and his lack of experience leading anything.

All we can do is hope for the best. I really hope he does a great job.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #11 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I'm so confused. lol.

If he didnt do much as a Senator, what made him a good canidate for President? That's probably some of ya'lls point, but is there a Pro-Obama person here ro someone unbiased to explain it?
he is black and America wanted "Change". There is the backbone of why many people voted for him.
post #12 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thumper View Post
I feel a little more comfortable with him now. When he campaigned, it was from way...way left. Now that he has elected alot of ex-Clintons, and middle of the road people, I feel more comfortable.
I'm sure that was done on purpose for that exact effect. To make people out of his typical demographic feel abit more comfortable. They have people who get paid alot of money to think of these type of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thumper View Post
The whole gun issue was/is a big one with me.
There are alot of unknowns with him. He never introduced a bill, yet wrote two books about himself. I find that odd. There are just alot of odd things about him. He never voted on much, so it really is hard to read him. With some of his appts., it makes me breath a little easier.

I'm not down with America thinking he is going to solve everything. People/media have really raised the bar for this guy....almost too high.
That would explain the extreme reaction to him in the Armory forum. But if he didnt introduce any bills, what's the reaction from? Is the gun ban his idea or not?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #13 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Punk Ass Bitch

He's black.
post #14 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH78 View Post
He's black.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #15 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:47 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
I'm so confused. lol.

Nothing! That's the thing, the guy has never done anything to speak of. Just a pretty face that handles a script with Oscar Winner-like chops.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH78 View Post
He's black.
repost
post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Lifer

Liberals as a whole are anti-gun compared to conservatives. It wasn't made any better when he appt. Eric Holder, who has already talked of bans on guns. This same stuff happened with Clinton.

That is another good point. He ran on a liberal campaign and has already abandoned that thought for a more middle of the road attitiude....but he has to to get anything done. I don't guess you can blame him for that.
post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Nothing! That's the thing, the guy has never done anything to speak of. Just a pretty face that handles a script with Oscar Winner-like chops.
Until today. Had a little trouble with the oath.

post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I noticed how the media played it off. But in fact he did waffle the oath. LMFAO

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
He has a problem with anything unscripted.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:

JKD<--clueless.

Well, that is the point...nobody really knows what his plans are as he has no specifics. 'Give but no tax' doesn't work unless you failed 1st grade math. 'Protect but Negotiate' doesn't = national security.

The concern is the will say anything to get you to like him and can't prove anything he has said is true....including where he was born. It comes down to trust and if you trust a politician, you might as well drop your pants and hang a sign on it.

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Crash Test Dummy

A Politician is a Politician. Some are better than others but, they're still Politicians

post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsoon X View Post
A Politician is a Politician. Some are better than others but, they're still Politicians
So it's about what motivates them?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
So it's about what motivates them?
I will always feel that the Gov. should be watched and that we shouldn't give up our freedoms in exchange for Gov. protection. What motivates them? Well it could be alot of things. Some good intentions get lost along the way, some find themselves when given power and become great men.

post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Time Served

well I was looking at the inauguration pictures on Yahoo. and 90% of them are filled with black people crying and shit. I guess they are on welfare or unemployed or whatever.

My brother just called me and said he wish he was there with a truck load of "food" to sell - I'll let you imagine the types of food- so he could become a millionaire.

They wasted all of that money on security. The probability of one of those unemployed people even being able to afford a gun are slim and none.

Last edited by GURU; 01-20-2009 at 05:25 PM.
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:58 AM

Wake up people... don't take the bait.

The last thread JDK was posting on in the political forum was about the Assault Weapons Ban and I think the general opinion there was he was just trying to rile everyone up. Now this thread...
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post

The last thread JDK was posting on in the political forum was about the Assault Weapons Ban and I think the general opinion there was he was just trying to rile everyone up. Now this thread...
Ugh...posting without facts. I havent said anything here to stir anyone up. Let it go. Just having a simple conversation, dont make more of it then what it is.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:

That's precisely why I declined to dig it all back up. The "search" option works quite well on this site...

post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I think most have figured it out. I hope so anyway.

The first clue was trying to say he hadn't paid attention to politics but wanted to know what was going on from a Mustang board and never searched a topic long talked about even here..

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:05 PM
one at a time

American people in general are ignorant. I bet if u where to take a poll and for some divine reason every tells the truth, you will find out they voted for obama because of the media and their dislike of Bush.

Obama is lacking the skill and experience to hold the office he was just sworn into with out a proper cabinet to be the "puppet master" I feel for this country because he is capable of making very bad decisions. One of them being pulling all of our military out of the middle east. In doing that your just asking for another Sept. 11, 2001 again. God bless us all

1996 Z28 M6 435hp (cam,heads,etc..)
post #31 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
There is nothing to figure out. I've seen alot of complaining about Obama this and that, but nothing specific other then his proposed gun ban. Some of the talk is so extreme about him I wanted to know what everyone is so scared of him for. I didnt follow the election much and don't know much about him. I'd like to know what's in store for us in the future.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #32 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:

The first clue was trying to say he hadn't paid attention to politics but wanted to know what was going on from a Mustang board and never searched a topic long talked about even here..

Eh, I usually avoid these forums because some people are so aggressive, too quick to start name calling rather simply talk their points of view to educate others. Like alot of people, this election stimulated interest in people who normally didnt have an interest in politics. With the extreme reaction to Obama, I'm even more curious now. But can't seem to get any specific answers, just complaints about him.

Is it really a race thing?

A party thing?

I dont understand.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #33 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
There is nothing to figure out. I've seen alot of complaining about Obama this and that, but nothing specific other then his proposed gun ban. Some of the talk is so extreme about him I wanted to know what everyone is so scared of him for. I didnt follow the election much and don't know much about him. I'd like to know what's in store for us in the future.

Have you searched the political forum yet? Hell, in the first page of the political forum there are numberous threads that would give lots of info about what you are asking.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #34 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Have you searched the political forum yet? Hell, in the first page of the political forum there are numberous threads that would give lots of info about what you are asking.
Honestly, no I havent. I'll do just that.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #35 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:23 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post

# 1 During Bush's term the national debt doubled (and it's 50 year accumulation)

#2 During Bush's term the size of the Federal Goverment grew 40%

So Obama will have a tough time matching Bush's numbers.
post #36 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon View Post
# 1 During Bush's term the national debt doubled (and it's 50 year accumulation)

If he gets half of what he's "promised" this country, he will have no trouble what-so-ever surpassing Bushs' spending. His healthcare fiasco alone will take care of that.

post #37 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I'm so confused. lol.

Hes a great talker and is able to sell himself well. Alot of people bought into his bullshit. When you preach about hope and change people jump on the bandwagon.

2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
post #38 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:

The deal is Obama may match it or better it without the 9/11 attack as part of his government expansion. How scary will that be?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #39 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:38 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
The deal is Obama may match it or better it without the 9/11 attack as part of his government expansion. How scary will that be?
Remember, I didn't back Obama....but time will tell about his spending habits.
The recession will push any plans for national healthcare out at least 4 years.
post #40 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Remember, I didn't back Obama....but time will tell about his spending habits.
The recession will push any plans for national healthcare out at least 4 years.
I have a question then, if it is such a good idea why wouldn't it be important enough to push through no matter what else is going on? I mean he promised every one free health care and it would have been impossible to do in a good economy so why has this changed it?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #41 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
I have a question then, if it is such a good idea why wouldn't it be important enough to push through no matter what else is going on? I mean he promised every one free health care and it would have been impossible to do in a good economy so why has this changed it?
That makes no sense, why would he do that? That's like going to a bar and yelling "drinks are on me!!" and telling the bartender you have no money when it's time to get the tab. Lame plan for sure.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #42 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That makes no sense, why would he do that? That's like going to a bar and yelling "drinks are on me!!" and telling the bartendar you have no money when it's time to get the tab. Lame plan for sure.
I guess you would have to ask someone who supports him or thinks like him. I have no idea.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #43 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:12 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:

WINNER!!!

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #44 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

[QUOTE=Stevo;5531208]WINNER!!!

Stevo[/QUOTE

Lame and not true.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #45 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That makes no sense, why would he do that? That's like going to a bar and yelling "drinks are on me!!" and telling the bartender you have no money when it's time to get the tab. Lame plan for sure.
It's like telling a girl you love her to get in her pants. Once you're there, it doesn't matter. The end justifies the means...

post #46 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It's like telling a girl you love her to get in her pants. Once you're there, it doesn't matter. The end justifies the means...
Well said.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #47 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
I don't think goverment run national care is a good idea. The only way it could work is to make it like a public utility.... a regulated private company. But if the goverment gets ahold of it? Disaster, might take 10-20 years, but disaster.

Hell, look at the Medicare prescription drug billed pass a few years ago, I think it exposes the US to a $253 billion liability of the next 20 years.
post #48 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
makin' bacon

[QUOTE=JKD;5531255]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
WINNER!!!

Stevo[/QUOTE

Lame and not true.
Bullshit.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #49 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't think goverment run national care is a good idea. The only way it could work is to make it like a public utility.... a regulated private company. But if the goverment gets ahold of it? Disaster, might take 10-20 years, but disaster.

Hell, look at the Medicare prescription drug billed pass a few years ago, I think it exposes the US to a $253 billion liability of the next 20 years.
Better yet, look at the VA (i.e. Walter Reed).

post #50 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:18 PM
IA2

Good Lord.... whats to like?

A. Ran campaign on far left liberal promises that he's now backing off off.

B. Has no track record whatsoever. He voted "present" about 120 times in the senate.

C. Has espoused plans for typical liberal bullshit like gun control and global warming cap and trade systems.

D. Apparently loves big government and has plans for more.

E. Wants to cancel the bush tax cuts on the "rich".

F. President makes judicial appointments for the supreme court. We may be stuck with these people for a long time.

G. Judging by his swinging from far left to more moderate he's a flip flopper.

H. Has espoused dangerous plans to pull the US military out of the middle east before the job is done.

I. Wants to close gitmo. Where the hell are the dangerous prisoners going to go?

J. Has doubtful associations.

K. Has been uncomfortably near some near illegal situations.

L. Wife is only recently proud of the US.

M. Both of them talk about their poor upbringing when they are both quite wealthy, and hold positions of power.

N. Reverand jerimah wright.

Should I go on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement