3 terms? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Rambling Man

3 terms?

http://news.aol.com/political-machin...-barack-obama/

Personally, I don't think a President should get two consecutive terms, much less three. I could stand to allow more terms with a break in between each term.

Anywho, I've got my opinion. What's yours?

FUCK CANADA AND THEIR BULLSHIT WAYS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
BANNED

Keep it to two terms. Also allow for more then 1 candidate from each party on the ballot. Take the part titles off of the candidates and vote for the person not the party.

Also no more then two terms for anyone in senate or congress. Those are the ones effing everything up, presidents just take the blame.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Lifer

Fucker's not even in office yet, and they want him for 12 years... I would like to see him make at least one presidential decision where he doesn't rely on polls and popularity. They must have cut his balls off in Kenya in some kind of tribal ceremony when he was born.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Lifer

I think term limits are dumb.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
For real, the problem is an electorate that's not engaged.

Give me a dollar.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I could live without term limits if.....

the current POTUS was not allowed to run a campaign the magnitude of what candidates run now. He should be worried more about how he is running the country than is campaign. If he is a great president he would not need a campaign to beat his new opponents wanting to take his place.

Of course he should be allowed to debate with them. A president running for re-election spends about a year campaigning. That means out of the 4 yrs we hired him to serve us he spends 3 serving us and 1 serving himself.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
I could live without term limits if.....

the current POTUS was not allowed to run a campaign the magnitude of what candidates run now. He should be worried more about how he is running the country than is campaign. If he is a great president he would not need a campaign to beat his new opponents wanting to take his place.

Of course he should be allowed to debate with them. A president running for re-election spends about a year campaigning. That means out of the 4 yrs we hired him to serve us he spends 3 serving us and 1 serving himself.
We need to remember that the only POTUS to win three terms didn't survive the third one. There's a reason they went to 2 terms in '51.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Fucker's not even in office yet, and they want him for 12 years
Amazing, aint it. Fucker's got a halo and angel wings.

DFWMustangs.net
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
duh...duh....duh

Well, yeah. For their own health/sanity it should just be 2.

My '03 Sold.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
We need to remember that the only POTUS to win three terms didn't survive the third one. There's a reason they went to 2 terms in '51.
Umm... FDR served 3 full terms. He died during his 4th. (As a Dem, you know I'd correct the FDR facts)
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:43 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

I want term limits on the Senate. Seriously, how can someone like Robert Byrd effectively represent the american worker when he hasn't had to actually work for a living since 1945? Ted Kennedy has never worked and has been "representing" us for 47 years. Just to show I'm not picking on democrats I'll throw Strom Thurmond out there with his 47 years in the senate, until he died at 100 years of age.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post
Umm... FDR served 3 full terms. He died during his 4th. (As a Dem, you know I'd correct the FDR facts)
I stand corrected...he died very early into his 4th term. He barely served over 12 years...

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:49 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
Amazing, aint it. Fucker's got a halo and angel wings.
He's the God damned Messiah. You're just being a racist if you don't know that.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
Also no more then two terms for anyone in senate or congress. Those are the ones effing everything up, presidents just take the blame.
That would be huge, but how do you get the people that make the rules to change the rules when it would screw them out of their own gravy train.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Rambling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63 View Post
That would be huge, but how do you get the people that make the rules to change the rules when it would screw them out of their own gravy train.
Ding!

I'll take anarchy for $1000 please.

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:01 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I want term limits on the Senate. Seriously, how can someone like Robert Byrd effectively represent the american worker when he hasn't had to actually work for a living since 1945? Ted Kennedy has never worked and has been "representing" us for 47 years. Just to show I'm not picking on democrats I'll throw Strom Thurmond out there with his 47 years in the senate, until he died at 100 years of age.
They can't. They are out of touch with true reality as well as the people of this country.

Need to keep a lift on the two term limit for Presidents quiet. I don't want to praise Lord Barack at all, let alone 30 yrs from now.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Lifer

People the constitution is going to be under attack the whole time old Barry is in office. Remember the phrase "You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything" this country was founded and has been "standing" on it's constitution for over 200 years if we don't stand up for it know and keep these liberal Pansie asses away from it there won't be any America in a few short years.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Rambling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
People the constitution is going to be under attack the whole time old Barry is in office. Remember the phrase "You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything" this country was founded and has been "standing" on it's constitution for over 200 years if we don't stand up for it know and keep these liberal Pansie asses away from it there won't be any America in a few short years.
True!! However, I certainly enjoy having a backup plan like The Republic of Texas.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
IA2

Quote:
beat me to it. These guys are out of touch, and well off enough to make asinine decisions that affect the rest of us. Re: kennedys no child left behind bill ($$$).
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
beat me to it. These guys are out of touch, and well off enough to make asinine decisions that affect the rest of us. Re: kennedys no child left behind bill ($$$).
Exactly. If you read into what the Senate and House was supposed to do was go out and do law stuff, then the rest of the year go back to their jobs in the private sector. The positions were never meant to be a career. Further, the age and service years was meant to be progressive...in theory, one could move from House to Senator then President, gaining experience in the lower houses to be a better POTUS.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Worship me

We need a single term for all of them, president and congress. The bullshit has to stop.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:36 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
We need a single term for all of them, president and congress. The bullshit has to stop.
At least they would have more concern about doing their job, and less concern about running for reelection & political favors.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement