3 terms? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Rambling Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Not all who wander are lost
Posts: 10,985
3 terms?

http://news.aol.com/political-machin...-barack-obama/



Personally, I don't think a President should get two consecutive terms, much less three. I could stand to allow more terms with a break in between each term.

Anywho, I've got my opinion. What's yours?

FUCK CANADA AND THEIR BULLSHIT WAYS
Muffrazr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Keep it to two terms. Also allow for more then 1 candidate from each party on the ballot. Take the part titles off of the candidates and vote for the person not the party.

Also no more then two terms for anyone in senate or congress. Those are the ones effing everything up, presidents just take the blame.
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,368
Fucker's not even in office yet, and they want him for 12 years... I would like to see him make at least one presidential decision where he doesn't rely on polls and popularity. They must have cut his balls off in Kenya in some kind of tribal ceremony when he was born.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
I think term limits are dumb.
David is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think term limits are dumb.
For real, the problem is an electorate that's not engaged.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think term limits are dumb.
I could live without term limits if.....

the current POTUS was not allowed to run a campaign the magnitude of what candidates run now. He should be worried more about how he is running the country than is campaign. If he is a great president he would not need a campaign to beat his new opponents wanting to take his place.

Of course he should be allowed to debate with them. A president running for re-election spends about a year campaigning. That means out of the 4 yrs we hired him to serve us he spends 3 serving us and 1 serving himself.
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
I could live without term limits if.....

the current POTUS was not allowed to run a campaign the magnitude of what candidates run now. He should be worried more about how he is running the country than is campaign. If he is a great president he would not need a campaign to beat his new opponents wanting to take his place.

Of course he should be allowed to debate with them. A president running for re-election spends about a year campaigning. That means out of the 4 yrs we hired him to serve us he spends 3 serving us and 1 serving himself.
We need to remember that the only POTUS to win three terms didn't survive the third one. There's a reason they went to 2 terms in '51.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Num say'n? (tm)
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Fucker's not even in office yet, and they want him for 12 years
Amazing, aint it. Fucker's got a halo and angel wings.

DFWMustangs.net
JP135 is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Well, yeah. For their own health/sanity it should just be 2.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:16 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
We need to remember that the only POTUS to win three terms didn't survive the third one. There's a reason they went to 2 terms in '51.
Umm... FDR served 3 full terms. He died during his 4th. (As a Dem, you know I'd correct the FDR facts)
1fastdem is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:43 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,421
I want term limits on the Senate. Seriously, how can someone like Robert Byrd effectively represent the american worker when he hasn't had to actually work for a living since 1945? Ted Kennedy has never worked and has been "representing" us for 47 years. Just to show I'm not picking on democrats I'll throw Strom Thurmond out there with his 47 years in the senate, until he died at 100 years of age.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem View Post
Umm... FDR served 3 full terms. He died during his 4th. (As a Dem, you know I'd correct the FDR facts)
I stand corrected...he died very early into his 4th term. He barely served over 12 years...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:49 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
Amazing, aint it. Fucker's got a halo and angel wings.
He's the God damned Messiah. You're just being a racist if you don't know that.
stinginstang is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Lifer
 
mopar63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
Also no more then two terms for anyone in senate or congress. Those are the ones effing everything up, presidents just take the blame.
That would be huge, but how do you get the people that make the rules to change the rules when it would screw them out of their own gravy train.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
mopar63 is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Rambling Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Not all who wander are lost
Posts: 10,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63 View Post
That would be huge, but how do you get the people that make the rules to change the rules when it would screw them out of their own gravy train.
Ding!

I'll take anarchy for $1000 please.

FUCK CANADA AND THEIR BULLSHIT WAYS
Muffrazr is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:01 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I want term limits on the Senate. Seriously, how can someone like Robert Byrd effectively represent the american worker when he hasn't had to actually work for a living since 1945? Ted Kennedy has never worked and has been "representing" us for 47 years. Just to show I'm not picking on democrats I'll throw Strom Thurmond out there with his 47 years in the senate, until he died at 100 years of age.
They can't. They are out of touch with true reality as well as the people of this country.

Need to keep a lift on the two term limit for Presidents quiet. I don't want to praise Lord Barack at all, let alone 30 yrs from now.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
People the constitution is going to be under attack the whole time old Barry is in office. Remember the phrase "You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything" this country was founded and has been "standing" on it's constitution for over 200 years if we don't stand up for it know and keep these liberal Pansie asses away from it there won't be any America in a few short years.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Rambling Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Not all who wander are lost
Posts: 10,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
People the constitution is going to be under attack the whole time old Barry is in office. Remember the phrase "You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything" this country was founded and has been "standing" on it's constitution for over 200 years if we don't stand up for it know and keep these liberal Pansie asses away from it there won't be any America in a few short years.
True!! However, I certainly enjoy having a backup plan like The Republic of Texas.

FUCK CANADA AND THEIR BULLSHIT WAYS
Muffrazr is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I want term limits on the Senate. Seriously, how can someone like Robert Byrd effectively represent the american worker when he hasn't had to actually work for a living since 1945? Ted Kennedy has never worked and has been "representing" us for 47 years. Just to show I'm not picking on democrats I'll throw Strom Thurmond out there with his 47 years in the senate, until he died at 100 years of age.
beat me to it. These guys are out of touch, and well off enough to make asinine decisions that affect the rest of us. Re: kennedys no child left behind bill ($$$).
mikeb is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I want term limits on the Senate. Seriously, how can someone like Robert Byrd effectively represent the american worker when he hasn't had to actually work for a living since 1945? Ted Kennedy has never worked and has been "representing" us for 47 years. Just to show I'm not picking on democrats I'll throw Strom Thurmond out there with his 47 years in the senate, until he died at 100 years of age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
beat me to it. These guys are out of touch, and well off enough to make asinine decisions that affect the rest of us. Re: kennedys no child left behind bill ($$$).
Exactly. If you read into what the Senate and House was supposed to do was go out and do law stuff, then the rest of the year go back to their jobs in the private sector. The positions were never meant to be a career. Further, the age and service years was meant to be progressive...in theory, one could move from House to Senator then President, gaining experience in the lower houses to be a better POTUS.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
We need a single term for all of them, president and congress. The bullshit has to stop.
AL P is offline  
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:36 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
We need a single term for all of them, president and congress. The bullshit has to stop.
At least they would have more concern about doing their job, and less concern about running for reelection & political favors.
mikeb is offline  
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing
 
EW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
We need a single term for all of them, president and congress. The bullshit has to stop.
x2
EW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome