Al Franken - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Al Franken

I'm surprised nobody has commented on this. How obvious is it that the Dems are stealing that election?! How does someone go from being down by 200-300 votes after the election, to now being up by 2-300 after the "recount."

From ballots mysteriously reappearing to more ballots cast than registered voters. Yet, the Minnesota election board continues to ignore this and announced Franken as the winner without even taking these issues into consideration. I've also heard of ballots cast by our heroes in the military have not been counted.

This is truly an abomination in American politics and if this stands as is, the entire nation should rise up in protest. I'm completely sickened by it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Lifer

Lawsuits are being filed as we speak.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
I'm surprised nobody has commented on this. How obvious is it that the Dems are stealing that election?! How does someone go from being down by 200-300 votes after the election, to now being up by 2-300 after the "recount."

From ballots mysteriously reappearing to more ballots cast than registered voters. Yet, the Minnesota election board continues to ignore this and announced Franken as the winner without even taking these issues into consideration. I've also heard of ballots cast by our heroes in the military have not been counted.

This is truly an abomination in American politics and if this stands as is, the entire nation should rise up in protest. I'm completely sickened by it.
When the dems cheat it's correcting election fraud.

When the republicans cheat its a scandal.

Personally, I hope this election result goes to court and gets overturned.

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Yes, but isn't it the election board's job to make sure everything goes smoothly in the election, and in any recounts that may come afterward? Why should this need to go to court, if only for corrupt election officials?

post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Yes, but isn't it the election board's job to make sure everything goes smoothly in the election, and in any recounts that may come afterward? Why should this need to go to court, if only for corrupt election officials?
They just randomly disallowed some votes. REAL shady stuff...

post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I've watched it through the whole way. It seems that in EVERY county, somehow all of the recounted and disputed voted were deemed in frankens favor. Nope, not a coincidence at all...
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 11:35 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Yeah, this is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Makes me more and more glad with every day passing day investing in ammunition.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 11:47 AM
T-MINUS

Democrats being election stealing crooks is nothing new. At some point it will come back to bite them in the ass in a first class way.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Lifer

The more of the hard core left wing idiot Democrats that get in the sooner the conservatives can get back in control. The sad part is the country will have to be driven into the ground for this to happen, but it will happen. It may happen in less than 4 years.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The more of the hard core left wing idiot Democrats that get in the sooner the conservatives can get back in control. The sad part is the country will have to be driven into the ground for this to happen, but it will happen. It may happen in less than 4 years.
You don't mean conservatives - you must mean Republicans. There are no conservative representatives in Congress anymore. The Republicans bumbled for the past eight years and fucked up any chance of getting true conservative representation elected. You can blame the Republicans for allowing the Democrats to take complete control. We'll have to see how it shakes out.
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
You don't mean conservatives - you must mean Republicans. There are no conservative representatives in Congress anymore. The Republicans bumbled for the past eight years and fucked up any chance of getting true conservative representation elected. You can blame the Republicans for allowing the Democrats to take complete control. We'll have to see how it shakes out.
I specifically put conservative instead of Republican. I want conservatives and right now the Republicans are the only chance we have of getting anyone conservative in office. I agree the Republicans have dropped the conservative ball and are to blame for the Dems controlling everything in DC right now.

I am a conservative/traditionalist. I don't care who puts a conservtaive in office, but what are the chances of the Dems going conservtaive anytime soon? Hell, they have gone so far left that the middle for them is still very liberal IMO.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 05:09 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Democrats being election stealing crooks is nothing new. At some point it will come back to bite them in the ass in a first class way.

Isn't that what happened in 2000?
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

You forget that in the 2000 election, they also did not count a significant number of military votes, which usually tend to swing republican. Same thing? Maybe. Same effectual outcome? No.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 05:24 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
You forget that in the 2000 election, they also did not count a significant number of military votes, which usually tend to swing republican. Same thing? Maybe. Same effectual outcome? No.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do over!
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 11:22 PM

So... 2000. The election is a dead heat. A recount is started. A Republican court HALTS THE RECOUNT. And you conservatives don't see anything fishy with that... but in Minn., a dead heat went to recount, and the Democrat is on top (which was kinda likely, because with the turnout for Obama, some people just check "D", resulting in all the Dems that won office this year)... and it's stealing the election?

B.I.A.S.E.D.
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Factory Issue

He's winning because more absentee ballots are making it in.

Give me a dollar.
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp View Post
So... 2000. The election is a dead heat. A recount is started. A Republican court HALTS THE RECOUNT. And you conservatives don't see anything fishy with that... but in Minn., a dead heat went to recount, and the Democrat is on top (which was kinda likely, because with the turnout for Obama, some people just check "D", resulting in all the Dems that won office this year)... and it's stealing the election?

B.I.A.S.E.D.
You really don't know what you're talking about. I don't want to call you a bad name, so I'll leave it at that.

post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Old Timer

Quote:

B.I.A.S.E.D.
Difference is, in 2000, the courts stopped it after what the 5th or 6th fucking recount???

2006 Mustang GT
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:17 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
He's winning because more absentee ballots are making it in.
With each recount, too!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
Difference is, in 2000, the courts stopped it after what the 5th or 6th fucking recount???
Nope. It was the first recount. But they were doing it county by county. Kathrine Harris stole that one.
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM
BANNED

Quote:

LOL, Yep and we also are about to have the first non-U.S. citizen as president.
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Old Timer

Quote:
Nope. It was the first recount. But they were doing it county by county. Kathrine Harris stole that one.
LOL.. She did not.

The DEMOCRATS are the ones who made that stupid punch card thing ... look it up.

Also after the 5th and 6th recount, Bush was still leading.

2006 Mustang GT
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
LOL.. She did not.

The DEMOCRATS are the ones who made that stupid punch card thing ... look it up.

Also after the 5th and 6th recount, Bush was still leading.
LOL, gpamp would never let facts get in the way of his lies, distortions, and twisted logic.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
LOL, gpamp would never let facts get in the way of his lies, distortions, and twisted logic.
So... in Minn., the vote came within such a small margin, with the Republican BARELY leading, that the state's law automatically kicks into recount... which Republicans went up in arms about (because damn the law! a democrat might win if they really count 'em!). Then, once the recount has taken place, the Democrat is on top... and that's a lie? That's a distortion? That's twisted logic? I think it's democracy.

Also, why is Norm Coleman fighting this in court? When he had won by a sliver, he said there shouldn't be a recount. Now that it's flipped, he's all about suing? I'm so glad that hypocrite didn't win.
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 AM
CJ

Quote:
So... in Minn., the vote came within such a small margin, with the Republican BARELY leading, that the state's law automatically kicks into recount... which Republicans went up in arms about (because damn the law! a democrat might win if they really count 'em!). Then, once the recount has taken place, the Democrat is on top... and that's a lie? That's a distortion? That's twisted logic? I think it's democracy.

Also, why is Norm Coleman fighting this in court? When he had won by a sliver, he said there shouldn't be a recount. Now that it's flipped, he's all about suing? I'm so glad that hypocrite didn't win.
I think the issue is the republican had the lead by 200 something votes initially, there was something like 3 recounts, and the republican won them, and then suddenly a month later the democrat wins by 200 something votes, that's a massive swing which, statistically, is questionable. If I was a democrat, I'd even find this pretty damn suspicious.
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I think the issue is the republican had the lead by 200 something votes initially, there was something like 3 recounts, and the republican won them, and then suddenly a month later the democrat wins by 200 something votes, that's a massive swing which, statistically, is questionable. If I was a democrat, I'd even find this pretty damn suspicious.
Nope. One recount. The difference is, a bunch of absentee ballots were counted, that weren't counted before.

But... seriously... that's suspicious to you, but in 2000, when the Republican courts halted the recount, electing a Republican president... no flags were raised? If I were a Republican, I would've changed sides.
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Factory Issue

I don't think Al Franken should be a Senator. This kind of feels like a bad teen movie where the fat chick gets nominated prom queen, and it gets out of hand. As for Norm Coleman? Fuck that motherfucker in the goat-ass.

Give me a dollar.
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:45 AM
CJ

Quote:
Nope. One recount. The difference is, a bunch of absentee ballots were counted, that weren't counted before.

But... seriously... that's suspicious to you, but in 2000, when the Republican courts halted the recount, electing a Republican president... no flags were raised? If I were a Republican, I would've changed sides.
You're a little off topic, but I'll entertain it. You forgot to mention the recount still took place post election, and bush had an even further gap than originally calculated - which is statistically normal.

I was pretty sure there was more than one recount in Minnesota, or at least, more than one time in which he led with different figures. Finding ballots in trunks of cars post election in which 100% of them were for Franken is something you're willing to entertain without any suspicion?
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
You're a little off topic, but I'll entertain it. You forgot to mention the recount still took place post election, and bush had an even further gap than originally calculated - which is statistically normal.

I was pretty sure there was more than one recount in Minnesota, or at least, more than one time in which he led with different figures. Finding ballots in trunks of cars post election in which 100% of them were for Franken is something you're willing to entertain without any suspicion?
So, Mika Brzezinski says "They're gonna find them in the trunk of a car." on a right-wing tv show and you believe it actually happened? That's a little fishy as well.

There was only one recount.
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 07:13 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
So, Mika Brzezinski says "They're gonna find them in the trunk of a car." on a right-wing tv show and you believe it actually happened? That's a little fishy as well.

Cite your source, pampers.
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Cite your source, pampers.
Typical of you. Talk shit before you even know what the fuck is going on. Find your own source you peice of shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Typical of you. Talk shit before you even know what the fuck is going on. Find your own source you peice of shit!
I'm not the one arguing his point, he is. So he can prove his own irrational claims.

And you should shut the fuck up until you can debate intelligently.

Still waiting on your intelligent rebuttal to any of the arguments you've flapped your jaw about.

Fucking liberal.
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 09:53 AM
CJ

Quote:

What? They did find them in the trunk of a car, that's documented and pretty well known?
post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
What? They did find them in the trunk of a car, that's documented and pretty well known?
Where? Seriously. I see where he SAID they WOULD be, but not that they actually found them in the trunk of a car.
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:05 AM
CJ

Quote:
Where? Seriously. I see where he SAID they WOULD be, but not that they actually found them in the trunk of a car.
Dude seriously I don't know how you talk so much in the political forum and have no clue about basic things involved in the topics you discuss.

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com...n+trunk+of+car
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Censored

Ok gpamp says that the 2000 election was fishy, but the winner of the first count, won all further recounts. Now in this case the winner of the next few counts lost 400, or Franken found 400 more votes??? Gpamp, you dont find that fishy?

To me fishy is fishy, no matter what party is corrupt. There are no need for party labels, on whos who, since either party could be equally corrupt.

Doors Done Rite
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Censored

Quote:
Dude seriously I don't know how you talk so much in the political forum and have no clue about basic things involved in the topics you discuss.

LMGDAO that was great!

EDIT:
Great convo.
Quote:
KELLY: They sure do. Just looking at the numbers, reportedly the gains for Al Franken in these counties versus the gains for Norm Coleman, Franken got 2.5 times the gain that Barack Obama did on the ballot, when they recounted it, he got 2.9 times the gain that Democrats got in the congressional races, and he got 5 times with the democrats got in the state house races. In other words, when they do need recounts, he is benefiting disproportionately compared to the other democrats on the ballot.

GOV. PAWLENTY: That raises the concern, of course like we said the race over all is 50/50, but even if you are in an overwhelmingly democratic area of the state, you might think the breakdown would be like 60/40 or 70/30 in favor of the Democrat, not 90 or 100% favoring Democratic candidate Al Franken. Those kind of statistical aberrations raise some concerns and that’s why people are scrambling to make sure that we have the process transparent, secure and reliable. The acceptance of this result is going to depend on the fairness of the process, obviously.

KELLY: What about these 32 ballots found in this guy’s car? How do those get counted?

GOV. PAWLENTY: As I understand it, and this is based on news accounts, he claims that even though they were in his car, that they were never out side of his security or area of control, so the courts allowed that. It seems a little loose to me.

KELLY: What were they doing in his car?

GOV. PAWLENTY: There has not been a good explanation for that Kelly, that’s a very good question, but they’ve been included in the count pile which is concerning.

Doors Done Rite

Last edited by big_tiger; 01-08-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added more
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Lifer

What were they doing in his car? They were getting punched up as Franken votes, that's what.

He better be glad he's not pulling that crap in Texas, we assassinate guys like that.
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Lifer

I don't like Franken as much as the next guy. However, I see a lot of double standard in here regarding recounts.

It's been proven that if the Congress didn't halt the recount in Florida, Gore would have been President. If Florida would have conducted a recount under Florida Law, which is "voter intent", then Gore would have won. Instead Bush won based on undervotes, which is in contrast to Florida Law. The U.S. Supreme Court overruling the Florida Supreme Court recount decision is the only reason Bush became President. Well, that and myriad of other variables as well.

Voting polls and their results are never completely accurate. They are mired in anomalies that are part of the inherent flaws in the system. It took 28 days for New Mexico to declare Gore the winner of the state in 2000.

As for Franken, he's a leftist blowhard and I'm sadden to see these events unfold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

Last edited by Mustangman_2000; 01-08-2009 at 04:52 PM.
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:

So.... 6 news articles, which all seem to say "boy, it's ridiculous that Republicans thought Democrats actually found ballots in the trunk of a car!"

http://news.google.com/news?q=minnes...-8&sa=N&tab=wn

I googled it before I said that to be sure. Cute, though.
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Time Served

Quote:

I had family involved in this so let me tell ya'll something. The one fact that the press and everyone else missed is that in 2000 the people doing the counting WERE Democrats. The Democrat election officals decided themselves that Bush had won and that a recount was pointless. Gore then went to court to force a recount; Bush went to court and stopped those recounts.

Much later some reporters got a count order allowing them access to the balots and they were determind to expose that Bush REALLY didn't win. In the end nomater how they counted they still found that Bush won by a few hundred votes so they slunk away and didn't report it.

My Grandmother was one of the people counting the votes in 2000. She HATED Bush then and HATES him even more now but she will still tell you that he won fairly.
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo855 View Post
I had family involved in this so let me tell ya'll something. The one fact that the press and everyone else missed is that in 2000 the people doing the counting WERE Democrats. The Democrat election officals decided themselves that Bush had won and that a recount was pointless. Gore then went to court to force a recount; Bush went to court and stopped those recounts.

Much later some reporters got a count order allowing them access to the balots and they were determind to expose that Bush REALLY didn't win. In the end nomater how they counted they still found that Bush won by a few hundred votes so they slunk away and didn't report it.

My Grandmother was one of the people counting the votes in 2000. She HATED Bush then and HATES him even more now but she will still tell you that he won fairly.
Well... I guess THAT'S settled. I know a guy at work who's gay. You work, right? Does that mean you're gay?
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well... I guess THAT'S settled. I know a guy at work who's gay. I sucked his dick once. Does that mean I am Gay?
Yes.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
Yes.
Oh man! You changed what I said! And made it look like... oh man!!! You win. You're the witty one, obviously.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Lifer

If thats the case, Gpamp can be the "Gay Pride" Forum moderator.

"The trains over here...behind me"....proclaimed Gpamp
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well... I guess THAT'S settled. I know a guy at work who's gay. You work, right? Does that mean you're gay?
Imagine that, you ignore the facts presented and deflect to some hypocritical stupid liberal logic BS theoretical for your argument. I am shocked!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 01:09 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Dems always do good in recounts. Generally people who can't figure out the mechanics of how to actually vote tend to vote dem. During a recount the ballots that were thrown out because they were done so wrongly get petitioned to be counted. Personally if you can't figure out something so easy you shouldn't get to decide the leader of the free world. For that matter if you know who the running mate is your vote should count twice.
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 04:42 PM
CJD
Time Served

The Dems have been harping on what happened in 2000 for years so if Franken wins, they oughta STFU.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
v2004 rebooted.

After it is all said and done,"Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot" was still a pretty funny book back in the 90s.
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Lifer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement