So much for a fair and open congress (promise by the dems) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
IA2

So much for a fair and open congress (promise by the dems)

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to re-write House rules today to ensure that the Republican minority is unable to have any influence on legislation. Pelosi’s proposals are so draconian, and will so polarize the Capitol, that any thought President-elect Obama has of bipartisan cooperation will be rendered impossible before he even takes office.

Pelosi’s rule changes -- which may be voted on today -- will reverse the fairness rules that were written around Newt Gingrich’s “Contract with America.”

(more here, emphasis is mine)

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30143

This is fucking omnious that congress feels that they can and should do something like this.

On the other hand, after 4 years of democratic heavy handed tactics like this the republicans should be a shoe in on the next election.

Peloisi is a witch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM
T-MINUS

She is an evil, cold hearted, bitter slit.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 04:21 PM
ebay pimp

Both parties have a LONG history of trying to emasculate each other.

Karl Rove said a few years ago, he wanted to so damage the Democrats, that the Republicans would have a 50 year majority. I think he failed. Doesn't matter since both parties are corrupt.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon View Post
Both parties have a LONG history of trying to emasculate each other.

Karl Rove said a few years ago, he wanted to so damage the Democrats, that the Republicans would have a 50 year majority. I think he failed. Doesn't matter since both parties are corrupt.
Maybe he's just getting started?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Lifer

Maybe this stuff will surprise the people who voted them in, but it doesn't surprise me.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 05:59 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Why should it surprise anyone? It will just bite the Democrats in the ass when the Republicans retake Congress in the future.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 01:49 AM

I clicked on that website and the first thing I see is Ann Coulter's eyes peering out from an add for... her. The site is obviously right-wing. Why does no one question this, yet when someone posts a link from CNN everyone yells "left wing media!!!"?

I'm sure Connie Hair (the writer of this article) has no motives to lie.

"Connie Hair is a freelance writer, a former speechwriter for Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and a former media and coalitions advisor to the Senate Republican Conference."
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp View Post
I clicked on that website and the first thing I see is Ann Coulter's eyes peering out from an add for... her. The site is obviously right-wing. Why does no one question this, yet when someone posts a link from CNN everyone yells "left wing media!!!"?

"Connie Hair is a freelance writer, a former speechwriter for Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and a former media and coalitions advisor to the Senate Republican Conference."
Even so, why does that make the statement untrue?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Even so, why does that make the statement untrue?
I can't stand gpamp's statements, but this is right up there with all the "quotes" from BOB about guns. IMO, they are not valid sites, with all the video out there - not one has anything about BOB blabbing about it and nothing via CNN or Fox news (etc).

Sites like the one posted above have zero credibility to me. (main stream is bad enough, but at least they have other main stream media keeping them in check.)

In a news conference on Saturday O'Bama said, he is "going to save the world, stat. Then he is going to molest all white men's wives."

Quoted, so it must be true.

My '03 Sold.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 07:02 AM

Vert, I can't find that story ANYwhere else. Not to mention the wording. What credible reporter would say "Pelosi’s proposals are so draconian, and will so polarize the Capitol..." It's just a random partisan faux news piece.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
Vert, I can't find that story ANYwhere else. Not to mention the wording. What credible reporter would say "Pelosi’s proposals are so draconian, and will so polarize the Capitol..." It's just a random partisan faux news piece.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...w-house-rules/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=6581232

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28512317/

Don't look much, eh?

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Lifer

Ummmm...dayum. Looks to be true!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Ummmm...dayum. Looks to be true!
Thanks! It was nice seeing it in an unbiased light. Read those versions, then the one originally posted and you can kinda see why I didn't buy the slant.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:

So says the jackass who posts articles from very far left websites.

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Thanks! It was nice seeing it in an unbiased light. Read those versions, then the one originally posted and you can kinda see why I didn't buy the slant.
So do you admit that the basic premise of the story was true and you just doubted it because you thought one story had some bias?

LOL, gpamp is finding bias in conservative slanted articles but finds left wing media completely unbiased.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

Last edited by Paladin; 01-06-2009 at 01:58 PM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
no shit

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
But you do understand, that you all yell "THAT'S A LIBERAL SITE!!!" if I post something from CNN. Then, you get your panties in a wad, when I call out someone who posts something from an Ann Coulter sponsored site. Really??
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
But you do understand, that you all yell "THAT'S A LIBERAL SITE!!!" if I post something from CNN. Then, you get your panties in a wad, when I call out someone who posts something from an Ann Coulter sponsored site. Really??
But this article wasn't pulled out of someone's ass. As opposed to the drivel flowing from your keyboard.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Bullet Sponge

I can see attacking one single source Gamp, however, you have not addressed what is being said and reported on, instead pointing and yelling "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Factory Issue

I have to point out that I don't think House Republicans have done enough in the past 14 years, and this is definitely their just desserts. They got to power in '94 promising reform and more limited government, which they have not delivered. They proved that they were fine with taking away more and more of our freedoms, as long as they were the ones doing the taking. That being said, the HofR and the Senate are riddled with snakes on both sides of the aisles. The "elite" of both sides all went to the same schools, and take money from the same lobbyists. This shit is just a play to get us at each others' throats further. Fuck 'em all.

Give me a dollar.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Lifer

It is useless to try and convince gpamp of anything that he doesn't see or hear from far left sources. He is too stupid, hypocritical, and dishonest to look at things from both sides.

He will now accuse me of the same thing, yet he knows I have voted for both Dems (2 times) and Republicans (3 times) in the last 5 presidential elections.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
It is useless to try and convince gpamp of anything that he doesn't see or hear from far left sources. He is too stupid, hypocritical, and dishonest to look at things from both sides.

He will now accuse me of the same thing, yet he knows I have voted for both Dems (2 times) and Republicans (3 times) in the last 5 presidential elections.
That's about the dumbest logic, ever. I know you like to throw out that you voted Democratic in the past, because in your twisted brain it somehow gives you credibility. You look back on those votes as a mistake. Why would that give you any cred, whatsoever? It's about like saying "I have black friends, so I can tell racist jokes". (If you turn this argument into "Democrats always bring race into it", you've lost the point and the argument. You're deleting what you were typing now, aren't you? Good boy.)
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
That's about the dumbest logic, ever. I know you like to throw out that you voted Democratic in the past, because in your twisted brain it somehow gives you credibility. You look back on those votes as a mistake. Why would that give you any cred, whatsoever? It's about like saying "I have black friends, so I can tell racist jokes". (If you turn this argument into "Democrats always bring race into it", you've lost the point and the argument. You're deleting what you were typing now, aren't you? Good boy.)
I tell racist jokes to my black friends, they can appreciate them even more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement