Army investigates troops' killing of al Qaeda suspect - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Army investigates troops' killing of al Qaeda suspect

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/...ath/index.html

Why is this even a discussion? So he was a terrorist that made bombs that killed our soldiers.

What's the big deal?

I am so sick and tired of this garbage by the media.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 08:23 AM
Out

We will never win this war when you have troops afraid to engage justifiably. Shit like this makes me sick.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Time Served

Fucking stupid.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 10:59 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
We will never win this war when you have troops afraid to engage justifiably. Shit like this makes me sick.
wait

"The U.S. Army is investigating allegations that Special Forces troops killed an al Qaeda suspect in cold blood and cut off his finger during an overnight operation near Baghdad earlier this month."

if that is true, you justify murder, of someone that may or may not be the guy in question? That makes us just as bad as the terrorist. You say you back the troops, but you justify murder, not killing the enemy but cold blooded murder. We are supposed to be the country that all others look up to, we are the ones that want all the other countries to follow the "Geneva" code of war. If they could take him alive, then they should have. At least they should have been smart enough to place a weapon in his hands like our Dallas PD does.

And no this is not defending the terrorist people, obama, or anything else. If this is true those soldiers brought dishonor to our country and should be delt with according to miliatry law. If not good for them for getting a bad guy.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 11:06 AM
T-MINUS

I bet it would change a bit if a few suicide bombers ran into some of these news organizations.

Here is how this should read: We investigated that someone who needed to be killed was in fact killed. The boys did their job. Thank you for your concern, now GTFO.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Worship me

I have to file this one under "Who gives a shit". I can appreciate that maybe there was some wrong doing that went on. Maybe a few of our guys need to be talked to or written up. At the end of the day you can't forget that the guy built bombs for Al Qaeda, how many hundreds of people did he kill? Thousands maybe?

Not only that but we don't know the specifics surrounding the case. Want to bet that if Spec ops blew his brains out that they knew he wouldn't stay in jail long for whatever reason? I'd put money on some sort of plausible deniability arrangement.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Meeeeooowww

Thumbs up

Good shoot.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
wait

"The U.S. Army is investigating allegations that Special Forces troops killed an al Qaeda suspect in cold blood and cut off his finger during an overnight operation near Baghdad earlier this month."

if that is true, you justify murder, of someone that may or may not be the guy in question? That makes us just as bad as the terrorist. You say you back the troops, but you justify murder, not killing the enemy but cold blooded murder. We are supposed to be the country that all others look up to, we are the ones that want all the other countries to follow the "Geneva" code of war. If they could take him alive, then they should have. At least they should have been smart enough to place a weapon in his hands like our Dallas PD does.

And no this is not defending the terrorist people, obama, or anything else. If this is true those soldiers brought dishonor to our country and should be delt with according to miliatry law. If not good for them for getting a bad guy.
I was talking about the incident itself, creating these cases that make headline news, THEN convict military personnel. It makes these troops hesitant to do their jobs. It also makes for stricter ROE. These guys are tied down too much as it is. This story needs to be made public, but after the investigation/trial.

And another thing... I don't have a problem with offing Al Queda members, cold blood or not. Do you? There is so much shit that goes on in this world that most people never see or hear, yet NEED to be done. Let the proper authorities judge these SF soldiers, not the masses that just sit around on their couches, watching CNN, playing armchair war commentator.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Bullet Sponge

Exactly. When in Iraq, you're looking over your shoulder to see if a news crew is going to fuck things up and report things wrong. It's all our fears to do our job and come back faced with litigation because we killed someone who needed it.

In the words of General George S. Patton on American Carol "If they're shooting at you on the battlefield, they're the bad guy!"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 11:31 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
I was talking about the incident itself, creating these cases that make headline news, THEN convict military personnel. It makes these troops hesitant to do their jobs. It also makes for stricter ROE. These guys are tied down too much as it is. This story needs to be made public, but after the investigation/trial.

And another thing... I don't have a problem with offing Al Queda members, cold blood or not. Do you? There is so much shit that goes on in this world that most people never see or hear, yet NEED to be done. Let the proper authorities judge these SF soldiers, not the masses that just sit around on their couches, watching CNN, playing armchair war commentator.
I agree that the media shouldn't be over there at all, showing where we are and what we are doing when the people they are fighting can access the same feed.
And I agree that this should not have been made public till proven guilty, and even then we really have no right to know. Since those men are under military law and not our laws.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
I agree that the media shouldn't be over there at all, showing where we are and what we are doing when the people they are fighting can access the same feed.
And I agree that this should not have been made public till proven guilty, and even then we really have no right to know. Since those men are under military law and not our laws.
Cartman and Denny agreeing... it must be the new year or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement