Cocky Bastard, ain't he? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Cocky Bastard, ain't he?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081230/...inois_governor

CHICAGO – A defiant Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Tuesday appointed a former state attorney general to Barack Obama's former Senate seat, a suprise move that put his opponents in the uncomfortable position of trying to block a veteran political trailblazer from becoming the Senate's only black member. Blagojevich's appointment of Roland Burris injected race into the drama surrounding the embattled governor, who sought to make the issue more about the man he selected rather than the seat he's accused of trying to sell.

"Please don't allow the allegations against me to taint a good an honest man," the governor said, turning to the smiling 71-year-old standing by his side.

Burris said he discussed the appointment with Blagojevich Sunday night. "I was asked if he would appoint me, would I accept, and the answer is yes," Burris said.

Burris said he has no connection to the charges against Blagojevich, who was arrested earlier this month on charges that he tried to sell Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder.

And the appointment led to this:

WASHINGTON – A House Democrat is daring Senate leaders to block a black man from taking President-elect Barack Obama's vacated Senate seat.

Rep. Bobby Rush of Illinois points out that Roland Burris would be the only black man in a chamber populated overwhelmingly by white senators.

Senate Democratic leaders earlier Tuesday added an explicit note of support for Burris personally, but not for his appointment by the embattled governor of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich. The leaders said the Democratic caucus would refuse to seat Burris if Blagojevich appoints him, and called their stance a reflection of the scandal-tainted governor.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/illinois_governor_senate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 02:46 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

ive got a feeling that this is a political railroading on blago, and that hes got dirt on ALOT of people. The POTUS comes to mind off ht etop of my head.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
ive got a feeling that this is a political railroading on blago, and that hes got dirt on ALOT of people. The POTUS comes to mind off ht etop of my head.
yeah, I think they're all a little dirty but the balls of this guy...

EVERYONE is telling him to GTFO and not make an appointment. Does he hide, step down or lay low? Hell no. He proudly stands up and shoots the middle finger to everyone in Illinois.

He's a dirty POS for sure but man that dude's got some stones - and even more arrogance.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 04:35 PM
T-MINUS

I pray that Obama and Rezko pooled funds to pay for the seat and it was under their direction and cash that Blowgoats was acting.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Bullet Sponge

Wouldn't matter. Obamaites will just say he was "donating" funds to ... you know what? I can't even think like them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement