Unemployment and Illegals - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Unemployment and Illegals

Quote:
By looking at what we face as to our job losses nation-wide, home foreclosures and the bailout fiasco, you might multiply Colorado’s 500,000 illegals by a factor of 20 million illegals—to see why our nation fails to serve its own citizens. We lost 573,000 jobs in November according to George Bush on NBC last night.
Can you imagine if we enforced our laws and 20 million illegals vacated this country so that we could employ all those unemployed?
http://neighbors.denverpost.com/blog...more-homeless/

I wonder if the unemployed will ever have the same political clout as illegal aliens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Lifer

There will suddenly be a lot of Americans that will work for less. They will also mow their own lawn.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Lifer

its ok man i dont mind paying for them!! At our christmas dinner at our plant after the rep would talk i had to sit there and listen to a interpretuer say it again in spanish. I was just thinking WTF is the world coming to when i have listen to this bullshit. Nothings gonna change it will get far worse.

98 Brokra

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino
There will suddenly be a lot of Americans that will work for less. They will also mow their own lawn.
Si!

98 Brokra
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:28 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino
thats fine with me, as long as some mexicans stay to roof houses.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Lifer

i wonder if there is a possibilty of teaching these folks how to drive?

98 Brokra
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:34 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
Or any of the licensed, insured roofers that are American citizens.
I've roofed houses before, that's one thing they can keep, lol.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Time Served

Its gotten out of hand really. They keep coming into this country illegally and nothing is really being done to stop it. Oh wait they built a small wall.....

post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Same shit...different day.

I, as a White American... wouldnt want their freaking jobs...especially for what they get paid. Im not picking lettuce or any other vegetable for that matter. I aint roofing houses when its 100* outside either...especially not for $8 an hour.

Bitch all you want...but Im going to guess there will be a lot of people that wont get off their high horses to take their jobs..They would rather file for unemployment and pawn their belongings.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

I meant my question sincerely, will the unemployed ever be more important than illegals? What if unemployment is 10% or 15%? Is it only important if you loose your job? Or is it important to look after our fellow Americans in hard times like these? What do you say to millions of Americans that are looking for a job but we have 12 million illegals here?
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2
Its gotten out of hand really. They keep coming into this country illegally and nothing is really being done to stop it. Oh wait they built a small wall.....
lmao, i wonder who built that wall?
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:46 PM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg

I, as a White American... wouldnt want their freaking jobs...especially for what they get paid. Im not picking lettuce or any other vegetable for that matter. I aint roofing houses when its 100* outside either...especially not for $8 an hour.

Bitch all you want...but Im going to guess there will be a lot of people that wont get off their high horses to take their jobs..They would rather file for unemployment and pawn their belongings.
i'm not white, but i have the same exact opinion as you!
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
I meant my question sincerely, will the unemployed ever be more important than illegals? What if unemployment is 10% or 15%? Is it only important if you loose your job? Or is it important to look after our fellow Americans in hard times like these? What do you say to millions of Americans that are looking for a job but we have 12 million illegals here?
You are an educated man...or getting your education. Regardless. With a bachelors degree and the current job market, would you be willing to clean floors or dirty dishes all day for $6.50/hr? Would you be a janitor? Im sure after months of desperation, people will resort to taking the jobs that illegals have. Until then...nothing will change.

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:48 PM
que?

Quote:
You are an educated man...or getting your education. Regardless. With a bachelors degree and the current job market, would you be willing to clean floors or dirty dishes all day for $6.50/hr? Would you be a janitor? Im sure after months of desperation, people will resort to taking the jobs that illegals have. Until then...nothing will change.
preach on brotha!!
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat
preach on brotha!!

Can I get a 'amen my brothas and my sistas

It is my argument every time this illegal immigrant issue comes up. Health care is another story.

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:56 PM
insert something aqui

Quote:

It is my argument every time this illegal immigrant issue comes up. Health care is another story.

amen

1991 lx 5.0

lil ol 302

Back In The Jackstand Racing Crew!
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Lifer

Wouldn't the pay for these jobs go up since they would now be in high demand? So roofers would be making $18/hour. I would do it in a heartbeat.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:57 PM
que?

Quote:

i bet there are some board members that are slamming their keyboards like a motherfucker trying to respond to your posts!
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Wouldn't the pay for these jobs go up since they would now be in high demand? So roofers would be making $18/hour. I would do it in a heartbeat.
Unless the UAW moves into roofing...thats not happening. There is always someone that is willing to work for peanuts. If they deport the illegals (all of them), there is always someone that will finally stoop that low and take the job. They might come up a bit in pay...say $10/hr for a roofer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat
i bet there are some board members that are slamming their keyboards like a motherfucker trying to respond to your posts!
LOL... That would make my day

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Worship me

If illegals were gone the wages for menial jobs would have to increase. We'd pay higher prices on everything. They wouldn't be that much higher, the price increase certainly would not be catastrophic.

And people will take the jobs. The idea that Americans are lazy and would sit around and get welfare instead is a lot of nonsense. There are plenty of young people who do these jobs already and have done them in the past.
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Unless the UAW moves into roofing...thats not happening. There is always someone that is willing to work for peanuts. If they deport the illegals (all of them), there is always someone that will finally stoop that low and take the job. They might come up a bit in pay...say $10/hr for a roofer.

Isn't that the point of the OP? That many of our unemployed would have jobs available?
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Isn't that the point of the OP? That many of our unemployed would have jobs available?
Yes, but given the current economy, employers wont have to raise wages much if any because there are so many people out of a job. Also, some of these jobs are skilled labor...people without the skills will not be able to fill the positions. Simple jobs as cooking and cabinet work.

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
If illegals were gone the wages for menial jobs would have to increase. We'd pay higher prices on everything. They wouldn't be that much higher, the price increase certainly would not be catastrophic.

And people will take the jobs. The idea that Americans are lazy and would sit around and get welfare instead is a lot of nonsense. There are plenty of young people who do these jobs already and have done them in the past.
Yep. That's how we built this motherfucker from the earliest forts to the skyscrapers you see today.

Just because a few Mexicans build some houses and clean some toilets down here in the south, doesn't mean they build and do everything in this country. Some people need to take their blinders off.
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yes, but given the current economy, employers wont have to raise wages much if any because there are so many people out of a job. Also, some of these jobs are skilled labor...people without the skills will not be able to fill the positions. Simple jobs as cooking and cabinet work.
So the managers and trainers are illegals too? I doubt that.
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:52 PM
T-MINUS

I mow my own lawn anyway, all 23 acres of it. Won't change my life. Kick them out.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I mow my own lawn anyway, all 23 acres of it. Won't change my life. Kick them out.
riding mowers ftmfw. Mine is straight gangster with flames and all.
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Yep. That's how we built this motherfucker from the earliest forts to the skyscrapers you see today.

Just because a few Mexicans build some houses and clean some toilets down here in the south, doesn't mean they build and do everything in this country. Some people need to take their blinders off.
You mean the immigrants? The Chinese worked like slaves to build the railroads. The only difference is now we have immigration laws.

Quote:
So the managers and trainers are illegals too? I doubt that.
Open your blinders and check out a construction site or two. I know a few construction workers who were taught by illegals

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Time Served

Quote:

i dont need to read any further, i have stated before last year i hired 23 white guys through out the summer to work (landscape) pay started at 10 just so they would start (no one would work around here for less) the longest anyone lasted was around 3 weeks, since then i have hired a crew of mexicans(legal) that have stayed with me up to know (and i pay them the same).
No the white guys dont want to do manual labor. well they do until it gets hot

<---- lawn man livin the dfwstangs moto
big house
huge income
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You mean the immigrants? The Chinese worked like slaves to build the railroads. The only difference is now we have immigration laws.

Open your blinders and check out a construction site or two. I know a few construction workers who were taught by illegals
Who do you think taught the Chinese?

Were your illegally trained illegal construction workers down here? Probably. Go to up north or even other central US states and look at the construction sites and you will not find 1 illegal at the sites.

Again, take off your blinders and look beyond your local DFW construction site. The original post was about NATIONWIDE job losses, not how illegals affect Texas construction jobs. Your lack of comprehension should be illegal.

Last edited by Hass; 12-19-2008 at 05:42 PM.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 05:25 PM
How you doin'

Thumbs up

Quote:

exactly. for some reason people think that the price of everything is going to go up tremendously if the labor price goes up a bit.
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Who do you think taught the Chinese?

Were your illegally trained illegal construction workers down here? Probably. Go to up north or even other central US states and look at the construction sites and you will not see 1 illegal at the sites.

Again, take off your blinders and look beyond your local DFW construction site. The original post was about NATIONWIDE job losses, not how illegals affect Texas construction jobs. Your lack of comprehension should be illegal.
Oh man... I forgot.. It took a white physicist to show a Chinese man how to swing a pick axe. Also took some engineers to show them how to use a shovel. Must have had a couple medical doctors to show them when to drink water.

Lets take a construction site I was on in Kansas last year.. All white union painters doing a job. They took 10 minute breaks every hour and took their sweet ass time. They threw crap everywhere and if they made a mess, they said it was someone elses problem. They were worthless.

I will tell you one other thing. People of my generation have a sense of entitlement. They feel they deserve $40k a year to work at McDonalds. They are lazy and not reliable.

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh man... I forgot.. It took a white physicist to show a Chinese man how to swing a pick axe. Also took some engineers to show them how to use a shovel. Must have had a couple medical doctors to show them when to drink water.

Lets take a construction site I was on in Kansas last year.. All white union painters doing a job. They took 10 minute breaks every hour and took their sweet ass time. They threw crap everywhere and if they made a mess, they said it was someone elses problem. They were worthless.

I will tell you one other thing. People of my generation have a sense of entitlement. They feel they deserve $40k a year to work at McDonalds. They are lazy and not reliable.
So you think all the Chinese did was swing axes and shovels? I guess the Chinese already knew what a railroad operation consisted of since the first railroad in China didn't even exist until over 10 years after Central Pacific Railroad started using them. I guess they automatically knew where to lay and how to assemble the tracks. I guess they automatically knew where to blast the dynamite. They just ran the whole thing by themselves huh?

So because of your 1 Kansas construction site experience, all construction sites are white and union? I take it back. You're not wearing blinders, you are just blind.

The real problem is that our country worked hard and manufactured our way to into becoming the wealthiest country in the world and now we've consumed our way into bankruptcy. And I believe a large part of that is exploiting illegal labor at the expense of the many people legally in the US who are perfectly capable of doing the work.
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 06:37 PM
IA2

Quote:
The real problem is that our country worked hard and manufactured our way to into becoming the wealthiest country in the world and now we've consumed our way into bankruptcy. And I believe a large part of that is exploiting illegal labor at the expense of the many people legally in the US who are perfectly capable of doing the work.
QFT
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:

So..wouldn't the first paragraph make you what you describe in your second paragraph? And a response of "I have a good job.." just won't be convincing. So do I but I can't guarantee that I won't be working a lesser job for less money in five years.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Racist....that means you!

I pull cable for my dad's company at a construction site all day and the fucking illegals have stolen my drill, tried to steal my ladders(3), and continually use the junction boxes I put on and the holes I drill. Well, I caught the guys with the ladders yesterday and tore them a fucking new one, then went to their supervisor and tore him a new one, and then the job super intendent, and explained that I will be sending a bill for lack of production in our company due to illegal hiring practices.

The vatos that snagged my ladders tried to pull that "me no speaky engleees" bullshit with me, yet they spoke it fluently when I said "well, since you no speaky da engriss, you wont understand that I currently have the police department on this cell phone and am giving them your truck information and your description and that I am pressing charges on your asses, comprende?" That got the full attention of them, lot's of "we are sorry" horseshit...............they steered very clear of all my shit today.

So, for the love of God, send these fucking beaners back to mexico. Or let them stay here and any employer getting caught hiring them will have a huge fine to pay.

In closing, I am truelly starting to hate the messican...............well, just 98 out of the 100 on the job site. Two are actually hard workers that do a good job.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
The unemployment for degree professionals is still quite low (BS or higher = 3.1%) and I don't believe peasants are getting jobs that require a degree. That only leaves the discussion about less educated people and their unemployment rate (less than HS = 10.5%). My education taugh me that with reduced supply of labor, eg illegals gone, the price of labor would rise. All that illegal aliens do is increase the supply of labor and put a downward pressure on poor people's ability to earn a living.

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.cpseea5.txt
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:

So, you are too good to do those kinds of jobs? I'm betting there are plenty of people that will, though. It sounds like you're the one on a high horse.

Last edited by line-em-up; 12-19-2008 at 08:39 PM.
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Of course the pay would go up. The reason it's so low now is because there are so many dumbass desperate people that think that $6.50 /hr is good pay.
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
ISo, for the love of God, send these fucking beaners back to mexico. Or let them stay here and any employer getting caught hiring them will have a huge fine to pay.
That's the only way to curb that shit. If a manufacturer or whomever needs em that bad he should sponser em. Not with a lot of expense but just having info and documentation on em.
And they are getting bolder because they meet no resistance. Why are we letting this shit happen? It's still our country.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I pull cable for my dad's company at a construction site all day and the fucking illegals have stolen my drill, tried to steal my ladders(3), and continually use the junction boxes I put on and the holes I drill. Well, I caught the guys with the ladders yesterday and tore them a fucking new one, then went to their supervisor and tore him a new one, and then the job super intendent, and explained that I will be sending a bill for lack of production in our company due to illegal hiring practices.

The vatos that snagged my ladders tried to pull that "me no speaky engleees" bullshit with me, yet they spoke it fluently when I said "well, since you no speaky da engriss, you wont understand that I currently have the police department on this cell phone and am giving them your truck information and your description and that I am pressing charges on your asses, comprende?" That got the full attention of them, lot's of "we are sorry" horseshit...............they steered very clear of all my shit today.

So, for the love of God, send these fucking beaners back to mexico. Or let them stay here and any employer getting caught hiring them will have a huge fine to pay.

In closing, I am truelly starting to hate the messican...............well, just 98 out of the 100 on the job site. Two are actually hard workers that do a good job.
Amen, brotha.
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Racist....that means you!

And honestly, how fucking hard is it to shit in the porto john? The shit goes in the seat, not on it, you dumb fucking mouth breathers! There are atleast 8 portajohns on site and every fucking one had shit on the seat. I am not exaggerating. And what is with drawing dicks and spread eagle chicks on the walls of the shitter? And does it honestly make them feel good to put the name of their gang or their name on the wall or that they smoke weed in there?
Holy fuck, please just go back to the shit holes you came from!
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Lifer

This thread is AWSOME!

Yes, my spelling and grammar are horrendous. Thank you for pointing it out, you have a firm grasp of the obvious. Have you ever thought of making this a career choice? You might even reach the prestigious rank of Captain Obvious.
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 10:26 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
riding mowers ftmfw. Mine is straight gangster with flames and all.
I have 2, 1 for finish work and 1 with a/c for the majority of it

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 10:59 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I have 2, 1 for finish work and 1 with a/c for the majority of it
My AC is 6th gear
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 05:55 AM
IA2

Actually, a lot of the illegals are headed back to mexico because of the poor economy (ie: lack of work) and increasing crackdowns on illegals.

I do believe that if there were less illegals and if the economy stays down you'll see more and more people willing to work for less. And if an employer cannot find people for what he is willing to pay either the job goes undone or wages go up enough to attract workers. Suddenly doing roofing or picking lettuce becomes a lot more attractive at $20/hour.
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Suddenly doing roofing or picking lettuce becomes a lot more attractive at $20/hour.
That will never happen. There will always be someone to do it for cheap.

Yes, my spelling and grammar are horrendous. Thank you for pointing it out, you have a firm grasp of the obvious. Have you ever thought of making this a career choice? You might even reach the prestigious rank of Captain Obvious.
post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
And honestly, how fucking hard is it to shit in the porto john? The shit goes in the seat, not on it, you dumb fucking mouth breathers! There are atleast 8 portajohns on site and every fucking one had shit on the seat. I am not exaggerating. And what is with drawing dicks and spread eagle chicks on the walls of the shitter? And does it honestly make them feel good to put the name of their gang or their name on the wall or that they smoke weed in there?
Holy fuck, please just go back to the shit holes you came from!
This is part of the prob. I have with them, they are trying to make my country just like the shit holes that they left. If you love mexico so much and your desire is to live here the way you lived there then go to fuck back.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
I really dislike the notion that illegals are a necessary part of our economy, but right now there are so many lazy Americans who would not work for the low pay and high work load the illegals are doing, that I have to agree that right now nothing will change.

It will take a lot harder times to get the lazy, unskilled workers to agree to work at these jobs.

<-- still wants all illegals rounded up and deported. Hey, how about hiring Americans to find them and paying a little bounty on each illegal they bring in?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Lifer

Sounds like a good idea to me.

post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:23 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
I really dislike the notion that illegals are a necessary part of our economy, but right now there are so many lazy Americans who would not work for the low pay and high work load the illegals are doing, that I have to agree that right now nothing will change.

It will take a lot harder times to get the lazy, unskilled workers to agree to work at these jobs.

<-- still wants all illegals rounded up and deported. Hey, how about hiring Americans to find them and paying a little bounty on each illegal they bring in?
it would be easy...announce that you're planning on hiring citizens to capture illigal aliens, all of the illegal aliens will get together for some stupid march in protest, and you just pick them all up and drive them back across the border. it would be like shooting fish in a barrel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement