Unemployment numbers - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
Unemployment numbers

Quote:
The unemployment rate reached its highest point since 1993, and overall employment fell by more than a half million jobs.
...
The number of people out of the labor force — meaning that they were neither working nor looking for work and that the government did not consider them unemployed — jumped by 637,000 last month
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/06/bu...idle.html?_r=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unemployment Nov 2008.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	88731  
TexasDevilDog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:00 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
and there are more to come at&t is about to lay off 12000 people

Cartman is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Does that include baby boomer retirees?
Hass is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Where is Ms. Right?
 
Memo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Does that include baby boomer retirees?
Nope, baby boomers retirees are not considered unemployed. They are considered "retired"

"Don't be with someone you can live with, be with someone you can't live without"
Memo is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 11:14 AM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
The numbers are fucking depressing.

<--ready for this recession to be over
mikeb is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 05:55 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
and there are more to come at&t is about to lay off 12000 people
I understand a lot of those were "temporary" hires brought on for certain projects, and weren't long-term to begin with.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 06:02 AM
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo
Nope, baby boomers retirees are not considered unemployed. They are considered "retired"
haha, no shit right
grove rat is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Since GW's on an "it's not my fault" media tear, I'll just blame this on George Washington.
gpamp is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Since GW's on an "it's not my fault" media tear, I'll just blame this on George Washington.
That's good because on January 20th we all know who we can blame.
AL P is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 02:44 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
That's good because on January 20th we all know who we can blame.
No way. If anything bad happens during Obama's presidency, it's W's fault. Like, how the economy is somehow Clinton's fault.
gpamp is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
No way. If anything bad happens during Obama's presidency, it's W's fault. Like, how the economy is somehow Clinton's fault.
But you liberals claimed it was W's show on January 20th. Hypocritical much?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 02:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
But you liberals claimed it was W's show on January 20th. Hypocritical much?
What show? What the hell are you talking about? 9/11? That was nobody's fault. That was the work of madmen. The response of attacking an irrelevant country (Iraq) in response was Bush's fault. But not 9/11.
gpamp is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 02:59 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
typical gpamp bullshit, everything is the george bush, do you ever put in any educated thought into your arguments? 1 man convinced a nation to go to war, no other person effected that decision, no one else was involved. 1 man ruined the economy, no one else was involved, etc. etc.. etc...
CJ is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
What show? What the hell are you talking about? 9/11? That was nobody's fault. That was the work of madmen. The response of attacking an irrelevant country (Iraq) in response was Bush's fault. But not 9/11.
Yes, madmen that where lead by a man that clinton had in custody but he was to busy getin his knob slobed to care about. You are truly a dubm-fuck. I think the "brain" part of your anatomy rolled down your momas leg.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.

Last edited by 67camino; 12-09-2008 at 07:24 AM.
67camino is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
What show? What the hell are you talking about? 9/11? That was nobody's fault. That was the work of madmen. The response of attacking an irrelevant country (Iraq) in response was Bush's fault. But not 9/11.
LOL, the liberals claimed everything was Bush's responsibility the day he got sworn in, so now you idiots say Bush will be responsible after he leaves office. You lib hypocrites are killing me, it will always be someone else's fault, never you or your candidates, right?

1. So how do you feel about the new SOS agreeing with the invasion, her husband agreeing with the invasion, and most of Obama's choices for positions that are Clinton retreads agreeing with the invasion, since they all thought Saddam had WMD's?

2. If Obama does not pullout immediately and tries to run the war, when will it be his responsibility?

3. Does Obama have full responsibility for everything in the country on January 20th? If not, then when?

4. How about the choice for Atty General and his ties to scandalous pardons when he worked for Clinton?

gpamp ignores the numbered questions in 5..4..3..2..1

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 07:50 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
LOL, the liberals claimed everything was Bush's responsibility the day he got sworn in, so now you idiots say Bush will be responsible after he leaves office. You lib hypocrites are killing me, it will always be someone else's fault, never you or your candidates, right?

1. So how do you feel about the new SOS agreeing with the invasion, her husband agreeing with the invasion, and most of Obama's choices for positions that are Clinton retreads agreeing with the invasion, since they all thought Saddam had WMD's?

2. If Obama does not pullout immediately and tries to run the war, when will it be his responsibility?

3. Does Obama have full responsibility for everything in the country on January 20th? If not, then when?

4. How about the choice for Atty General and his ties to scandalous pardons when he worked for Clinton?

gpamp ignores the numbered questions in 5..4..3..2..1
Wow. An age old 90 Notch attempt to "ask a bunch of questions, then in the same post say 'you're ignoring my questions!!!'". Further invalidating your motives and reasoning.

You can ask ALL of those questions to Republicans, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
You're ignoring me!! That means I'm right!!!
idiot.
gpamp is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Wow. An age old 90 Notch attempt to "ask a bunch of questions, then in the same post say 'you're ignoring my questions!!!'". Further invalidating your motives and reasoning.

You can ask ALL of those questions to Republicans, as well.


idiot.
Too tough for ya', huh? LOL

BTW, they will always be there if you ever decide to grow a pair and ask a few questions about your hero.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Wow. An age old 90 Notch attempt to "ask a bunch of questions, then in the same post say 'you're ignoring my questions!!!'". Further invalidating your motives and reasoning.

You can ask ALL of those questions to Republicans, as well.


idiot.
WOW, just like old pamper not to answer a question. Why do you think your boy obama has changed his tune on Iraq? Maybe he now see the intel. that bush has and realizes we are doing good over there. Or, maybe there was a real threat?

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 AM
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino
You are truly a dubm-fuck.
LOLz

Pro88LX is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
Hmmm 10 percent now? And you know thats a low figure!
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...atest#comments

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 07:45 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~
Hmmm 10 percent now? And you know thats a low figure!
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...atest#comments

ouch.....
mikeb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome