Blackwater employees charged! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Out

Blackwater employees charged!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28075841

Any convictions that come out of this will open a shit-load of can of worms!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Worship me

It's terrible that some kids got killed. I have a hard time believing that some Blackwater guys just went nuts and started blasting everyone if they weren't in danger.

I also love this story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28065554/

Al-Sadr's horseshit movement has been pretty beat up. I'm sure some of that has to do with $40 oil and Iran having some economic issues.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 11:20 PM
T-MINUS

I'd rather it be their kids than ours. This is absolute horseshit

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Out

Well, the guys I've talked to said their stories line up pretty well. A good thing they have going for them is that there was no real investigation of the "crime scene." The prosecutor is going to need something more than just a bunch of eyewitness statements because if I was the defense attorney, I could easliy argue the bias all those "witnesses."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Well, the guys I've talked to said their stories line up pretty well. A good thing they have going for them is that there was no real investigation of the "crime scene." The prosecutor is going to need something more than just a bunch of eyewitness statements because if I was the defense attorney, I could easliy argue the bias all those "witnesses."
Uh oh..."and a sixth was negotiating a plea with prosecutors for a 2007 shooting that left 17 Iraqis dead..."

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Uh oh..."and a sixth was negotiating a plea with prosecutors for a 2007 shooting that left 17 Iraqis dead..."
Right... this is going to get interesting. That 6th one was originally going to be charged as well.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 03:38 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
It's terrible that some kids got killed. I have a hard time believing that some Blackwater guys just went nuts and started blasting everyone if they weren't in danger.

I also love this story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28065554/

Al-Sadr's horseshit movement has been pretty beat up. I'm sure some of that has to do with $40 oil and Iran having some economic issues.
I'm not for sure what the hell the al-sadr people want. They were raising hell about wanting the americans out, and now that a timetable has been set for that they are still unhappy. WTF

I hope that the $40 oil economic issues play hell with iran and venezuela and all of the other banana republics.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
I'm not for sure what the hell the al-sadr people want. They were raising hell about wanting the americans out, and now that a timetable has been set for that they are still unhappy. WTF

I hope that the $40 oil economic issues play hell with iran and venezuela and all of the other banana republics.
I'm sure it has/will. I understand that Venezuela's economy is based on $80 a barrel oil.
Funny how ethanol is never talked about?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Lifer

I wouldnt doubt it one bit, blackwater security gaurds have shown again and again they are trigger happy. My buddy was shot at by blackwater his last tour in Iraq and the military quickly went in and gathered up all the blackwater gaurds that did it, impounded their vehicles and sent them back. They said they thought they were Irqi insurgents dressed as american soldiers. I thought there was even talk about blackwater not being allowed back in Iraq, I guess that never went through?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement