It's not looking good for O.J. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
It's not looking good for O.J.

He got a pretty strict judge this time, he gets sentenced tomorrow. Depending on how the sentences accrue, I would presume he gets at least 15 years, which puts him out in 5. However if the sentences accrue consecutively then he may be there in for much more time. It still pisses me off that he's running around writing books about killing his wife, but regardless his unfathomable stupidity inevitably caught him. Since she is a pretty hardcore judge, he might get considerably more, we'll see.
CJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 04:00 PM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
Fuck that punk ..... he needs at least 10 years of hard time out of the deal .
thesource is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
I'm curious to see how the general population would treat him considering he murdered a woman. But, probably, he'll be the leader of the black gang in the prison because he's the juice - that's if he is even in the general population, which is doubtful.
CJ is offline  
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
Don't worry Obama will pardon him.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
I can't believe he gave us a "do-over".

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 04:47 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
How, in any way, is this related to politics??

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
How, in any way, is this related to politics??
how the hell isn't OJ simpson political? It was just about the culmination of all that is racially and politically charged in the 90's.
CJ is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 05:39 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
LOL at do-over, though robbery is hardly on the same plane as murder...
Fox466 is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
fuck that ignorant mofo he deserves everything he gets

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
I'm curious to see how the general population would treat him considering he murdered a woman. But, probably, he'll be the leader of the black gang in the prison because he's the juice - that's if he is even in the general population, which is doubtful.
you know this how? last time i heard he was found not guilty on murder charges. and unless i am mistaken you are innocent until proven guilty in this country. Just like MJ and the kids, until he admits it or a court finds him guilty he has done no wrong. like it or not that is the country we live in.

Cartman is offline  
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
you know this how? last time i heard he was found not guilty on murder charges. and unless i am mistaken you are innocent until proven guilty in this country. Just like MJ and the kids, until he admits it or a court finds him guilty he has done no wrong. like it or not that is the country we live in.
There does come a point to where if you are just "holding out for more evidence" you're just being rediculous, or skirting the legal system even as a juror.

IMO there was ample evidence in each of the MJ & OJ trials for convictions. Money talks. That's wrong.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:15 AM
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
you know this how? last time i heard he was found not guilty on murder charges. and unless i am mistaken you are innocent until proven guilty in this country. Just like MJ and the kids, until he admits it or a court finds him guilty he has done no wrong. like it or not that is the country we live in.
LMFAO @ that entire post!
grove rat is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
how the hell isn't OJ simpson political? It was just about the culmination of all that is racially and politically charged in the 90's.
There is a difference between social and political. In no way did OJ have anything to do with politics. In the 90's during his case it had everything to do with the social climate.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:11 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
There does come a point to where if you are just "holding out for more evidence" you're just being rediculous, or skirting the legal system even as a juror.

IMO there was ample evidence in each of the MJ & OJ trials for convictions. Money talks. That's wrong.
you may believe he is guilty, even i may believe he is, but in this country you get your day in court, he was found not guilty. he didn't cheat the legal system, the LAPD did by allowing someone dumb enough to be taped making those comments of hate toward people of color, which may or may not have tainted the evidence, but we will never really know.

how would you feel if you had a cop that hated your race be in charge of you being accused of murder?

we may all "know" he did it, but until he admits it or someone can prove it, all you have is what you "feel" we have the fairest court system in the world, some countries you don't even get to defend yourself.

Cartman is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
you may believe he is guilty, even i may believe he is, but in this country you get your day in court, he was found not guilty. he didn't cheat the legal system, the LAPD did by allowing someone dumb enough to be taped making those comments of hate toward people of color, which may or may not have tainted the evidence, but we will never really know.

how would you feel if you had a cop that hated your race be in charge of you being accused of murder?

we may all "know" he did it, but until he admits it or someone can prove it, all you have is what you "feel" we have the fairest court system in the world, some countries you don't even get to defend yourself.
Hrmm, must of been enough evidence to find him guilty in the civil case.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
15 years, parole eligibility in 5.

Geor! is offline  
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
Hrmm, must of been enough evidence to find him guilty in the civil case.
civil is not criminal, big difference. in civil anything can happen, but that doesn't mean he is guilty of a crime. learn the system.

Cartman is offline  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:55 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Copied from Yahoo:

Quote:
Simpson could serve up to 33 years but could be eligible for parole after nine years, according to Elana Roberto, the judge's clerk.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/oj_simpson

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
civil is not criminal, big difference. in civil anything can happen, but that doesn't mean he is guilty of a crime. learn the system.
It was a wrongful death suit for the murder of brown and goldberg. Same evidence was used, and actually there was MORE evidence that he did it. Unfortunatly, what is different, is civil has no bearing on a ruled criminal.

So school me. How exactly did they rule OJ GUILTY of wrongful death, yet you say he didn't do it due to the criminal case? I want to see a factual intelligent rebuttal please.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
It was a wrongful death suit for the murder of brown and goldberg. Same evidence was used, and actually there was MORE evidence that he did it. Unfortunatly, what is different, is civil has no bearing on a ruled criminal.

So school me. How exactly did they rule OJ GUILTY of wrongful death, yet you say he didn't do it due to the criminal case? I want to see a factual intelligent rebuttal please.
http://www.otto-graph.com/samples/3/civil.html#burden

here you go, that should help you clear up the difference in how the two courts work, come back when you got something else you would like to try to attack

edit
if you would like you can just skip to the last section and read it to save you time

Cartman is offline  
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
you know this how? last time i heard he was found not guilty on murder charges. and unless i am mistaken you are innocent until proven guilty in this country. Just like MJ and the kids, until he admits it or a court finds him guilty he has done no wrong. like it or not that is the country we live in.
If I say the man murdered a woman, he fucking murdered a woman, court of the honorable C.J.
CJ is offline  
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 05:17 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
If I say the man murdered a woman, he fucking murdered a woman, court of the honorable C.J.
that is your opinion, and I am sure he did as well, but in our system he is not guilty of murder.

Cartman is offline  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
that is your opinion, and I am sure he did as well, but in our system he is not guilty of murder.
exactly, your system, that's why I have my own system, where I can make baseless accusations like that.
CJ is offline  
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 05:35 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
exactly, your system, that's why I have my own system, where I can make baseless accusations like that.
lol but "our" system cleared him. if you can come up with a better system i am all ears, but i would rather have the USA court system than all the other countries

Cartman is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
gpamp and cartman seem to have morphed into one gigantic dumbass...


Arguing semantics is stupied as hell. You are arguing on and on pounding a point that even the simplest can understand. Yet when it's all said and done he still got away with murder. Why argue the guilty/not guilty? That pursuit is nothing but a waste of time, though it does help to serve as a beacon with which to illuminate ignorance...
Fox466 is offline  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Moore
Posts: 222
He got what he had comin.
jrhaden is offline  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
The America's War On Terror/Political Forum

Denny is offline  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The America's War On Terror/Political Forum

I consider OJ a form of terror.
CJ is offline  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 09:38 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
gpamp and cartman seem to have morphed into one gigantic dumbass...


Arguing semantics is stupied as hell. You are arguing on and on pounding a point that even the simplest can understand. Yet when it's all said and done he still got away with murder. Why argue the guilty/not guilty? That pursuit is nothing but a waste of time, though it does help to serve as a beacon with which to illuminate ignorance...
i am just correcting the label placed on OJ. he was never convicted of murder. too many people in here say how much they love this country, yet know so little about how some of the more common forms of government works. the fact that one person doesn't understand the difference between civil and criminal court is just sad. sorry it bugs you that somebody feels a need to explain where they are wrong.

Cartman is offline  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 09:50 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The America's War On Terror/Political Forum

Repost, Dick! Look above, twice. I already pointed this critical mistake out.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Repost, Dick! Look above, twice. I already pointed this critical mistake out.
The America's War On Terror/Political Forum


Denny is offline  
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 11:58 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The America's War On Terror/Political Forum


I already asked CJ what it had to do with anything in this forum.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
What does this have to do with war on terror or politics?
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
I'm glad that he is going to jail. It offers some feeling of vindication for the Goldman family. It would have been nice to get the murder conviction, but he's going to be spending at least 6 - 9 years in prison before he is eligible for parole. His life, or what life he did have, is now total trash. He's done. He's been a social pariah for a long time now, but this event cements what we already knew about him. He's a very shady son-bitch, liar, thief, bully, and a double murderer. I think people in this country are ready for him to go away and be forgotten.

It would be really cool if the NFL would disavow his career and accomplishments on general principle. It would never happen, but that would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
http://www.otto-graph.com/samples/3/civil.html#burden

here you go, that should help you clear up the difference in how the two courts work, come back when you got something else you would like to try to attack

edit
if you would like you can just skip to the last section and read it to save you time

Ok, so you're going to argue semantics with me? I think you missed my point in my original post. But lets dance.


Quote:
Originally Posted by your link
Criminal lawsuits differ from their civil counterparts in that criminal prosecutions are intended to convict and punish the criminal offender, whereas civil lawsuits are designed to settle disputes between private parties.
So, yes he wasn't convicted in the criminal case. NEVER did i say in any post he was criminally convicted of murder. I did say, however, that he was guilty of the wrongful death of brown and goldman. So you jump in and tell me to learn the difference, when it seems obvious that either you are a shitty lawyer or not a lawyer at all. criminal = murder where as civil = wrongful death. The criminal courts said there wasn't enough evidence, whereas the civil courts said there was overwhelming evidence that he was fully responsible for the deaths of the two individules. Yet you seem to fail to grasp that concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
i am just correcting the label placed on OJ. he was never convicted of murder. too many people in here say how much they love this country, yet know so little about how some of the more common forms of government works. the fact that one person doesn't understand the difference between civil and criminal court is just sad. sorry it bugs you that somebody feels a need to explain where they are wrong.
Yes it is sad. It is sad that you try to correct someone yet do not have the common sense or grasp of concept. You speak of attacks, yet i did not attack you at all in this post or any other. The only thing i'm guilty of is pointing out the obvious, yet you tend to take those things personally. And you take it the next step in trying, yet failing to uplift your own e-manhood.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
Ok, so you're going to argue semantics with me? I think you missed my point in my original post. But lets dance.




So, yes he wasn't convicted in the criminal case. NEVER did i say in any post he was criminally convicted of murder. I did say, however, that he was guilty of the wrongful death of brown and goldman. So you jump in and tell me to learn the difference, when it seems obvious that either you are a shitty lawyer or not a lawyer at all. criminal = murder where as civil = wrongful death. The criminal courts said there wasn't enough evidence, whereas the civil courts said there was overwhelming evidence that he was fully responsible for the deaths of the two individules. Yet you seem to fail to grasp that concept.



Yes it is sad. It is sad that you try to correct someone yet do not have the common sense or grasp of concept. You speak of attacks, yet i did not attack you at all in this post or any other. The only thing i'm guilty of is pointing out the obvious, yet you tend to take those things personally. And you take it the next step in trying, yet failing to uplift your own e-manhood.
you did not read the link did you, in civil you don't have to prove your side to "beyond a shadow of a doubt" you only have to have enough people believe your side of the story vs the defendant's side. now had it been a truely fair trial who knows the outcome, but coming almost a year after his criminal trial, one of the most well known cases in this country, his day in court was tarnished the moment he stepped in. people already had their opinions going in.

Also his wrongful death doesn't mean he killed them, but that he had something to do with it, be it hire somebody, do it himself, etc...

I take nothing personally on here.

Cartman is offline  
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
you did not read the link did you, in civil you don't have to prove your side to "beyond a shadow of a doubt" you only have to have enough people believe your side of the story vs the defendant's side. now had it been a truely fair trial who knows the outcome, but coming almost a year after his criminal trial, one of the most well known cases in this country, his day in court was tarnished the moment he stepped in. people already had their opinions going in.

Also his wrongful death doesn't mean he killed them, but that he had something to do with it, be it hire somebody, do it himself, etc...

I take nothing personally on here.
As a matter of fact, i did read it. And I believe i made my point in this debate. He was found guilty of the deaths of Brown and Goldman due to evidence presented to a civil court. By your own words, they had a year to find evidence, and present evidence that wasn't either A) allowed in the criminal case due to police fuck ups (the racial remarks fiasco for example) or B) Newly found evidence. If the attorneys didn't, they were morons. Who knows what was going thru the jurors minds. But i would put money on it that the majority went in thinking he didn't do it. Especially since some might see the civil trial as double jeopardy. Also, since this was simpsons second trial (and this was a huge advantage to simpsons team), his attorneys knew what to steer clear of and what/who to bring in. He still lost.

As far as your last comment, to convince the civil jury of the merit of a wrongful death claim, the plaintiff must prove the defendant was both negligent and that this negligence was a substantial factor in the death in question. Doesn't matter if the death was his hand or not, he did it. Doesn't make it any better for simpson if he hired someone or not. Many experts have said that if the double jeopardy rule wasn't in place, he would be in prison now.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome