US troops deployed in the USA - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

US troops deployed in the USA

Quote:
Pentagon to Detail Troops to Bolster Domestic Security

The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials.

The long-planned shift in the Defense Department's role in homeland security was recently backed with funding and troop commitments after years of prodding by Congress and outside experts, defense analysts said.

There are critics of the change, in the military and among civil liberties groups and libertarians who express concern that the new homeland emphasis threatens to strain the military and possibly undermine the Posse Comitatus Act, a 130-year-old federal law restricting the military's role in domestic law enforcement.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...002217_pf.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Lifer

I hope everyone was paying attention in History class...
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
I was.

And this doesn't sound good at all.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
No joke.

'or other domestic catastrophe' is my favorite part of this piece.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
No joke.

I wonder if this would count as a catastrophe?

"Worst financial crisis in history since Great Depression"

and

"Protests in Iceland over credit crisis"
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Lifer

damn it just keeps getting better everyday!

98 Brokra
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
I wonder if this would count as a catastrophe?

"Worst financial crisis in history since Great Depression"

and

"Protests in Iceland over credit crisis"
All is well man c'mon!! Those guys saying the economy is fucked are uneducated morons. Sales were up 3% on Black friday everything is fine! Obama has this under control you just wait and see. And dont worry about the mortgage its all covered hes got your back!!

98 Brokra
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Lifer

When they decide to turn on us, then it will be war as far as I'm concerned. And all is fair in love and war. Anything goes. ANYTHING..
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Lifer

I tried snopes on this video. Any info?

post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
When they decide to turn on us, then it will be war as far as I'm concerned. And all is fair in love and war. Anything goes. ANYTHING..
And people were giving me heck about the thread I started about the US breaking up. civil war coming?
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

There goes the neighborhood.

post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:58 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93coupelx
I tried snopes on this video. Any info?

Well, I'll be sleeping better tonight

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
One thing I got from that video is inquisitive children on bikes are combatants.
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
One thing I got from that video is inquisitive children on bikes are combatants.
It's kind of funny that they would use children as spies. I suppose they think we wouldn't be so mean as to "hurt a little child" unless, of course, we were ruthless. Whatever. If they become weapons, then they must be dealt with accordingly. I would compare that to the "terrorist" in Iraq using children. That makes our govt no better than the terrorist that they claim are so horrible.
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:16 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
I knew I hated kids for a reason!!

They are probably doing that because most people will be less likely to shoot children asking for their guns than a GI asking for their guns.

note to self: treat suspicious kids in white t-shirts asking about my guns like Mormons on bikes asking for my soul.

post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:40 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Exclamation

Quote:
Hmmm. Funny thing... I seem to have lost all of my guns in a tragic boating accident over the weekend.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine
Hmmm. Funny thing... I seem to have lost all of my guns in a tragic boating accident over the weekend.
Guns? What guns? I don't have better fire power than you are carrying corporal!

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm sure they will eventually pass a law that makes it a felony if you lose track of your guns and don't report it.
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:14 PM
PAN

Doesn't matter if you lost your guns when they kick in your door and search until they find them. End result is the whole concept is fucked beyond belief.

But are we gonna do anything? Hell no. We'll sit and bitch about it and that's about it...
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
But are we gonna do anything? Hell no. We'll sit and bitch about it and that's about it...
Come on man. I don't know about you, but I would become the most despicable person you know if they started pulling that shit on us. I'm sure there would be a million others like me. They may have the weapons, but we have the numbers. I'm sure they would try to brainwash everyone ahead of time to think that we were the bad guys and make us the criminals; to divide and conquer.

Together we stand, divided we fall.
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm sure they will eventually pass a law that makes it a felony if you lose track of your guns and don't report it.
Good thing my loss is documented and dated here on the 'net

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I'm sure they would try to brainwash everyone ahead of time to think that we were the bad guys and make us the criminals; to divide and conquer.
I honestly think its already started, several years ago.
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
This is a pandemic! I lost mine in a terrible, tragic backhoe accident

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:57 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Doesn't matter if you lost your guns when they kick in your door and search until they find them. End result is the whole concept is fucked beyond belief.

Do you think this is the case based on the amount of gun sales in the past month?

post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351Coupe
I honestly think its already started, several years ago.
Yep, I remember they used that against several members of the Republic of Texas group.
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Lifer

ACLU is upset about the expansion of executive authority. Pretty much the same thing they have been crying about under the Bush Admin post 9/11. However, this would be under Obama's watch.

Seems to me the Democratic party would be up in arms about this? That is unless that is a prelude to something else. I'm confused. Nothing makes sense anymore in politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
I'm confused. Nothing makes sense anymore in politics.
Power for the sake of having power, laying blame, and popularity. Thats all its about these days. No one cares about anyone else.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 05:44 AM
PAN

Quote:
Do you think this is the case based on the amount of gun sales in the past month?
I think that the record number of sales is a result of the GP being worried osama is going to take them away. And while there is a virtually uncountable supply of arms in the country people (you and I people) aren't going to risk their families and everything else we have to try and fight the gov't.

Lastly, even if there was an uprising, there's no way in hell we could beat our military.
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I think that the record number of sales is a result of the GP being worried osama is going to take them away. And while there is a virtually uncountable supply of arms in the country people (you and I people) aren't going to risk their families and everything else we have to try and fight the gov't.

Lastly, even if there was an uprising, there's no way in hell we could beat our military.
urban warfare???

With Out ...... For Now
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:

What if the alternative was to become social and economic slaves to the govt, being told when and where we can go or being taxed into poverty?

There has to be a line drawn somewhere. How far should we let the govt go before we decide to stop them? The farther they cross that line, the harder it will be to do anything about it.
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:03 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:

I view a stoppage to their expanding power as protecting my family.

The numbers of our military aren't that great. And in a situation where some power hungry politician is telling them to fire on the US populous, you'll have 50-75% go AWOL.

Which leads to the discussion of robotic weapons and their creation to fight in situations where the human element chooses not to.

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:

I beg to differ. I would fight till my heart stops beating to protect my rights by force if necessary and I doubt VERY seriously that our troops would turn on our own people unless it was a small group like the Branch Dividians or R.O.T type thing. If you have 10's of 1000's of people in the streets arguing for their rights, the military would NOT get involved. If there was even a small step toward that happening, you would have civil war in this country in less than 10 minutes. 100 Million Gun owners will not stand for that shit regardless of political affiliation or anything else.

IF this is where the democratic party is headed, then they are going to get a rude awakening and will have a short lived time in office just like the Carter administration. Hopefully, there will be a country left after they fuck it up.

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Out

Quote:

The military would have HELL fighting us since they'd be limited to what they can use. Look at the tough time they're having in Iraq, then imagine some badass motherfuckers for civilians with better weaponry than the "commoners" in Iraq, most with training and ex-military experience themselves.
post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:15 AM
IA2

Wolverines!!!!!!!

post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Resident Epicurean

Can you fathom how different a civil war would be right now, than any other civil war in the past?

Boggles my mind just thinking about it.
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:20 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Wolverines!!!!!!!

Stealing my avatar!!!

I'm building a mock town like Rock Ridge with pop-up cut outs to update myself on urban warfare.

I guess it's also a good thing Obama is talking about massive military cutbacks, this way they'll have a harder time taking us over. Unless he plans on using the OJ (Obama-Jugend)

post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:21 AM
reppin tha westside

Quote:
No joke.

like the Nov 4th catsasstrophe

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Token Troll

At least the military can break from Presidential orders. They don't have to blindly follow the CiC.

Quote:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Worship me

Meh, even the kooks over at the Worldnetdaily admit that they were searching people who were planted in order to train:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...iew&pageId=435

I do have a problem with some dipshit standing in front of my house with an M249 or an AR-15 though. There is no reason to bring that shit down my street aiming it all over the place like it is a fucking toy and we are playing cowboys and Indians.
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
There is no reason to bring that shit down my street aiming it all over the place like it is a fucking toy and we are playing cowboys and Indians.

You know you want to play Cowboys and Indians....

Last edited by bcoop; 05-20-2010 at 09:38 AM.
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwell
like the Nov 4th catsasstrophe
Somehow I don't think that's what they're referring to.

And I wonder what role Blackwater will play when Mainsteet Bubba finally gets pissed off.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Can you fathom how different a civil war would be right now, than any other civil war in the past?
I imagine it'd be just like the footage you see coming out of Iraq.
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Worship me

Quote:
You know you want to play Cowboys and Indians....
Nice cowboy hat, fag.
post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I imagine it'd be just like the footage you see coming out of Iraq.

I wasn't really talking about footage. Well, a little. I'm just saying with the way the internet is now, being in the "information age", etc.

But that pales in comparison to the weaponry and intelligence we have now, vs what they had back during the Civil War. It would be a fucking madhouse around here.

You really can't compare what could happen here, to what is going on in a third world country. IMO, anyways.
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I wasn't really talking about footage. Well, a little. I'm just saying with the way the internet is now, being in the "information age", etc.

But that pales in comparison to the weaponry and intelligence we have now, vs what they had back during the Civil War. It would be a fucking madhouse around here.

You really can't compare what could happen here, to what is going on in a third world country. IMO, anyways.
I think there'd be a little more organization, but after that it's all fair game about to what you see there ie: gorrila tactics etc.
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Lifer

Time to open up the FEMA detention camps

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Lifer

the internet will get a access makeover before anything huge happens.americans with arms and communication are very deadly.

kinda like smart bombs.lol

i sold my guns last year and i would buy more now but the economy has me busted.i think ill go stand in the welfare line and get "help" from my goverment.hell i might just go get me a flew shot.....

RON PAUL '08
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Censored

So yall are more worried about the gov. taking your guns, then a nuclear attack?

Doors Done Rite
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger
So yall are more worried about the gov. taking your guns, then a nuclear attack?
YES!!
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 PM
T-MINUS

Obama said he will ban nuclear weapons, since I don't currently have any nukes I'm not worried about him collecting those.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement