Break up of the USA - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Break up of the USA

I would have posted the link, but it on a temporary link on Drudge. I have been thinking of buying more gold, this might push me in to it. Just for an insurance policy.
===============================================

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: "The dollar is not secured by anything. The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse."

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

He also cited the "vulnerable political setup", "lack of unified national laws", and "divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions."

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 AM
IA2

I read that earlier. I *think* it is a lot of ado about nothing. Or at least I hope it is. One good thing is that we live in the republic of texas, so if this does happen we'll just go on our merry way.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Lifer

It will not happen. And if the United States was to collapse, Russia would have bigger things to worry about than stealing back Alaska.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
I feel better now.
It won't happen because there are too many stupid Americans. They wouldn't realize it would be in their best interest to review the breakdown, devise a proper plan of action, and rebuild. They will be waiting for their handout checks.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Worship me

What a bunch of bullshit.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 11:15 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

There's a reason the Russian plan for US homeland invasion avoided south of the mason dixon line until seattle to new york was secured. Russian intelligence was aware the south had the ability and the will to fight.

(this is a joke, I'm not a redneck).

Last edited by CJ; 11-25-2008 at 11:26 AM.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 11:23 AM
BANNED

Anyone who believes this or wants this is fucking stupid
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

LOL at Russia controlling global finance.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Lifer

Hopefully that guy is full of shit. But with all the bank troubles something is definately fucked up in the economy nobody can deny that

98 Brokra
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289
Anyone who believes this or wants this is fucking stupid
You are very articulate in your arguement. Graduate HS?
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
T-MINUS

What every other country forgets and discounts is the American Spirit. If we go through a huge load of bullshit we'll emerge stronger than before.

In small business the difference between success or failure is exercising the ability to make the decisions that most people don't have the balls to make. If we had people on Washington that believed this way, and operated this way we would be a lot better off. As it is, we elect the spineless. We need someone at the helm that believes in self preservation and is willing to make the decisions required for survival. We owe other countries money? Tough shit, cut them off. Rebuild our country and retrain our populous.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
What every other country forgets and discounts is the American Spirit. If we go through a huge load of bullshit we'll emerge stronger than before.

In small business the difference between success or failure is exercising the ability to make the decisions that most people don't have the balls to make. If we had people on Washington that believed this way, and operated this way we would be a lot better off. As it is, we elect the spineless. We need someone at the helm that believes in self preservation and is willing to make the decisions required for survival. We owe other countries money? Tough shit, cut them off. Rebuild our country and retrain our populous.

This I can agree with. We'll blow every fucker off the map before we allow an invasion into this country. That's what makes us great; as different as we are among peoples across the country, we always come together in a heartbeat.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
(this is a joke, I'm not a redneck).

lies ....
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
This I can agree with. We'll blow every fucker off the map before we allow an invasion into this country. That's what makes us great; as different as we are among peoples across the country, we always come together in a heartbeat.
just like 9/11.

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:25 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser
lies ....
ssshhh...
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Baller

kick ass...Texas is it's own entity.

Been saying it for years...the republic of texas is on the horizon
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
You are very articulate in your arguement. Graduate HS?
Your argument was copy and paste dipshit!

Did you learn how to spell argument in HS?

Last edited by mustangguy289; 11-25-2008 at 02:53 PM.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:51 PM
CJ

Quote:
Your argument was copy and paste dipshit
I think you mean Article, instead of argument, and of course it was.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Your argument was copy and paste dipshit!

Did you learn how to spell argument in HS?
Spelling mistake.
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Lifer

I don't understand the concept that would force a break-up... anyone?
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 03:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
Ask TexasDevilDog
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Worship me

Quote:
I guess five federal governments would be more efficient than one?

I'm all for it as long as we can declare war on California.
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Wolverines!!!

Texas Republic II FTMFW
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Anything that would cause society to break down. Financial crisis could do that or a natural disaster. Who would expect riots in Europe over the financial crisis, people calling on their government to step down and have new elections.

Another could be a tax revolt, basic class warfare that would break society. People think that society is naturally stable but it is not. New Orleans just took a couple days to break down completely.

Not all situations result in a break, but some could given the proper causes and the speed at which it happens. People can do some irrational actions when faced with fear and not knowing the future. Desperation can lead to anger and people will want to lash out.

We are in the worst financial crisis since the great depression and to say that it cannot happen here is blind ignorance.

With all the money that the FED and Treasury department is throwing around and we would need is for foreign investors to sell out. The US$ would plummet and gas would be back above the highs we saw last spring. There would be massive unemployment as long term interest rates sky rockets, causing the economy contract faster than it is now.

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 11-25-2008 at 05:48 PM.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Lifer

Pretty damn dumb.....even dumber for thinking it possible....also think it's pretty funny that a Russian is speaking on someones economy collapsing, at least they haven't shut down our stock market

--wes
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Lifer

Didn't we establish the question of the ability to break the union in the early 1860's?

It would seem that the whole world would be in a similar chaos for the U.S. to break apart to form more efficient units.

I call B.S. on this one.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I guess five federal governments would be more efficient than one?

I'm all for it as long as we can declare war on California.

Hillary Clinton could be the president of New York, and then if she joined in the war on Kalifornia, Ahhhhhhnold could beat her up.

In this scenario, First Lady Bill Clinton would also get the added benfit of being able to sit out another war.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Lifer

Don't forget that this is the same country that published a "study" saying that American men were more sterile than their Russian counterparts because of their propensity to indulge in constant unsatisfied arousal. http://english.pravda.ru/society/sex...72-impotence-0

They also denounced the new 007 movie as "american propaganda", ignoring the fact that the bond series was written by a certain SIR Ian Fleming...a brit.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Regarding Slo3gt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
Whining about someone disclosing their salary on a message forum usually leads to said whiner being a broke dick. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Hillary Clinton could be the president of New York, and then if she joined in the war on Kalifornia, Ahhhhhhnold could beat her up.

In this scenario, First Lady Bill Clinton would also get the added benfit of being able to sit out another war.
Didn't he try to enter the USSR on his first evasion? Maybe he'll try China or Cuba on the next round.
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Lifer

Venezuela....he could be Chavez' new biotch after Sean Penn.
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
Texas Republic II FTMFW

post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:32 PM
IA2

Quote:
Anything that would cause society to break down. Financial crisis could do that or a natural disaster. Who would expect riots in Europe over the financial crisis, people calling on their government to step down and have new elections.
We are closer to anarchy than most think. Hell, look at what happens in NYC when the power goes out. All it would take for society to break down is a major disruption in basic services such as electricity or food supply, or a for-real gasoline shortage.
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedkutter18
Don't forget that this is the same country that published a "study" saying that American men were more sterile than their Russian counterparts because of their propensity to indulge in constant unsatisfied arousal. http://english.pravda.ru/society/sex...72-impotence-0

They also denounced the new 007 movie as "american propaganda", ignoring the fact that the bond series was written by a certain SIR Ian Fleming...a brit.

Take it with a grain of salt.
Isn't Russia the one that holds orgy parties to encourage people to make babies because their population is shrinking?
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Lifer

It would seem that, given dire circumstances, the U.S. would move to make a more efficiant operating model. That might be consolidation- combining smaller less affluent states to give a level playing field to all states. I still don't see how breaking the U.S. into two or more countries would make any sense. Look what's happening all around the world, business and countries- it's consolidation.

Again I call B.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement