CNN and the G20 Summit "snub" - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
CNN and the G20 Summit "snub"

This is excellent fodder for the political forum. I wanted to make a nice contrast to fully expose the pure unadulterated absurdity of the liberal media.

CNN anchor in first video - "He seems like the most unpopular kid in high school that nobody liked, you know, the one with the cooties."

1st short video is the initial CNN broadcast on the alleged "snub".

2nd short video is the debunking of the bogus story by CNN's national news correspondent Jeane Moos. Which most likely came after a lot of complaints from the White House Press Secretary. Priceless!!!

gpamp - I know there is also conservative bias in the media. However, I don't see Fox News anchors acting and talking like a 6th grader on the subject of the Presidency.



AND


Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

Last edited by Mustangman_2000; 11-25-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:08 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
They didn't even apologize or have a retraction, they didn't even acknowledge THEY were the network that made the ridiculously biased smear, how absurd... what did they think you didn't know what station they were watching? I could have never imagined when I was younger that huge corporations like this could be so biased and childish in such a blatant fashion.
CJ is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 04:45 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Does "Der Sturmer" or "Das Schwarze Korps" ring a bell? How about "Pravda"? Before Hitler took over Germany, the newspapers were already controlling all of the information going into the country (I think it started in the mid-'20's). It's a scary thought that the press can be so influential during a presidential campaign. The misinformation for the past 4 years inparticular, has been quite the smear on Dubya. The recent talk of reinstituting the "fairness doctrine" should concern every American that cares about our 1st amendment rights. The problem is that most Barry followers didn't even know who his V.P. is. It would be absurd to think they know any of our rights...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
They didn't even apologize or have a retraction, they didn't even acknowledge THEY were the network that made the ridiculously biased smear, how absurd... what did they think you didn't know what station they were watching? I could have never imagined when I was younger that huge corporations like this could be so biased and childish in such a blatant fashion.
I agree. CNN has brought an all new meaning to the term distasteful. One of the first rules in journalism is to make your best effort to not show obvious bias.

CNN, NBC, MSNBC, etc...are full of clueless hacks that butcher the truth with their own peurile commentary.

The anchor in video 1 should lose his job on general principle. That's totally uncalled for to talk of a sitting President with such childish disdain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 07:53 PM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
I dont like quite a few things Bush did as president, but i think he made some incredibly tough decisions that were huge for this nation.


Just you wait, in the decades to come, expect criticism of him to soften, and then for them to pull a Truman.
32VfromHell is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 07:55 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
I agree. CNN has brought an all new meaning to the term distasteful. One of the first rules in journalism is to make your best effort to not show obvious bias.

CNN, NBC, MSNBC, etc...are full of clueless hacks that butcher the truth with their own peurile commentary.

The anchor in video 1 should lose his job on general principle. That's totally uncalled for to talk of a sitting President with such childish disdain.

watch a full show of his sometime.

it makes your blood boil how much of a moron rick sanchez is.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
CNN, NBC, MSNBC, etc...are full of clueless hacks that butcher the truth with their own peurile commentary.

That's totally uncalled for to talk of a sitting President with such childish disdain.
Had you also mentioned Fox I might have thought you were on to something.

It was quite fashionable to talk about a sitting President Carter and Clinton with such childish disdain, no?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Had you also mentioned Fox I might have thought you were on to something.

It was quite fashionable to talk about a sitting President Carter and Clinton with such childish disdain, no?
It's not acceptable in any circumstance. IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
It's not acceptable in any circumstance. IMO
Agreed.

(quoted and saved)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Had you also mentioned Fox I might have thought you were on to something.

It was quite fashionable to talk about a sitting President Carter and Clinton with such childish disdain, no?
As a guy who thought Carter was a great President when he was elected and who also voted for Clinton (twice), you have got to be kidding me if you think they were treated the same as Bush has been.

This comes from eyes who have supported all 3 men (while they were President anyway), and only Bush has been treated so poorly and unfairly. As others have said, Bush made very tough decisions and protected me, my family, and everyone else from the terrorists that were aloowed to run wild by Clinton. He will be judged very positively by the time Obama gets through his first and only term IMO.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 10:55 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Had you also mentioned Fox I might have thought you were on to something.

It was quite fashionable to talk about a sitting President Carter and Clinton with such childish disdain, no?
If you do not remember whether Clinton and Carter were discussed with the venom that is given to Bush on public television while they were sitting presidents, maybe you shouldn't be posting in this forum.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
As others have said, Bush made very tough decisions and protected me, my family, and everyone else from the terrorists that were aloowed to run wild by Clinton. He will be judged very positively by the time Obama gets through his first and only term IMO.
You can only be referring to Bin Laden and Al Queda. Was their capture and neutralization somehow kept as another mysterious WH secret? Or are they still "running around" even after 9-11?

Bush currently has all the positive judgement he will ever have. He shouldn't have turned his presidency over to Cheney...et al. But actually I don't think that was one of his "tough decisions". It was made for him....

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
If you do not remember whether Clinton and Carter were discussed with the venom that is given to Bush on public television while they were sitting presidents, maybe you shouldn't be posting in this forum.

Stevo
Gonna ban me?

Hypocritical double standards much?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:27 AM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Gonna ban me?

Hypocritical double standards much?
Are you drunk or high again? Sorry you are unable to remember how the media discussed Clinton and Carter when they were each POTUS, I remember though and neither were subjected to the shit the media does today to Bush.

As for my suggestion of you posting here, it merely mentions if you do not know what the fuck you are talking about, maybe you should keep your uneducated mouth closed. But, if you want to keep posting about shit that you have no clue about, feel free to make yourself look like the liberal Bush-bashing tool you have always been. I'll be waiting for your retort based on your choice.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Gonna ban me?

Hypocritical double standards much?
Your memory is fading along with your age. Carter got a golden parachute compared to Bush. Come on, man. The big knock on Carter was when the world was laughing at him as Reagan was being sworn in, and Iran was releasing our people they had for over a year. Do you REALLY want to get into Carter's number's versus Bush? I'll get you started, if you insist...how about 10% unemployment, 12% mortgages, and 21% auto loans? Not convinced? How about double-digit inflation and lines at the gas pumps, or worse, rationing. I'll let you take your pick. But for me (as a 20-year-old), none of that compared to the embarrassment of having Iran and the world laugh at how weak we were (through Carter) in dealing with the hostage situation. So as bad as you try to make Bush look, he's not even close to Carter.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:21 AM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
i think it will be much longer than just Obama's term(s) for a new look on Bush. As i said, it took historians something like 40 years before re-evaluating Truman.

With a few easy exceptions, historians tend to look back at popular presidents and find blemishes and look back at unsung presidents and find heroes. John Adams is another example of a recent reversal.
32VfromHell is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Your memory is fading along with your age.
Yea but before it left it was called wisdom.

I'm not defending Carter or Clinton. I'm just saying that there's no need to pretend that they didn't get brutalized by the media and general opinion. Bush has earned his criticism as they did, but he hasn't been near as smeared...yet.

Carter actually made a pretty agressive move to rescue the hostages from Iran. It wasn't his fault helicopters ran over each other but he sure got the black eye. I think if that were to happen to Bush he wouldn't get the same treatment.

This "us poor poor republicans" routine just ain't gonna work. It's right down there with trying to play the race card.

.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Last edited by black01gt; 11-27-2008 at 11:06 PM.
black01gt is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Fuck the jewish media!
Hass is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 11:58 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Yea but before it left it was called wisdom.

I'm not defending Carter or Clinton. I'm just saying that there's no need to pretend that they didn't get brutalized by the media and general opinion. Bush has earned his criticism as they did, but he hasn't been near as smeared...yet.

Carter actually made a pretty agressive move to rescue the hostages from Iran. It wasn't his fault helicopters ran over each other but he sure got the black eye. I think if that were to happen to Bush he wouldn't get the same treatment.

This "us poor poor republicans" routine just ain't gonna work. It's right down there with trying to play the race card.

.
Are you fucking joking? Seriously, normal thought says you are being sarcastic, because it has always been greatly frowned upon for the press in this country to speak disrespectfully of the president, all the way up to the Clinton presidency.
The rampant disrespect the media has shown Bush in the last 8 years has never been seen in ANY other presidency. Even as Carter was fucking this country over, to disrespect him publicly in print or on television was a major taboo. When Clinton perjured himself in front of the world, it still was in bad taste to openly mock the president in the press. Today, it is common to see media bashing him over the smallest issues, to do so to a president when Carter was in office would jeopardize your job.

As far as Carter's plan to rescue the hostages, it was pathetic at minimum and I have read it probably would have failed under the absolute best of circumstances.

For you to continue to bash anyone with a non-Democrat view on history just shows you are still the leftist liberal you have always represented. It is only a matter of time before you start singing the praises of Obama.


Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Today, it is common to see media bashing him over the smallest issues, to do so to a president when Carter was in office would jeopardize your job.

It is only a matter of time before you start singing the praises of Obama.


Stevo
Of course that couldn't happen with such an above board administration as Bush's. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in665727.shtml

I wondered what happened to Notch's crystal ball.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 10:51 AM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Of course that couldn't happen with such an above board administration as Bush's. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in665727.shtml

I wondered what happened to Notch's crystal ball.
Has Gpump taken over your computer, because with all the evading/sidestepping/misdirecting going on in your last few posts, it is hard to tell you two apart.

If this same scenario had played out during the Carter administration, there would have been far more repercussions from it, four so called 'journalists' getting the axe would have just been the beginning.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Has Gpump taken over your computer, because with all the evading/sidestepping/misdirecting going on in your last few posts, it is hard to tell you two apart.

If this same scenario had played out during the Carter administration, there would have been far more repercussions from it, four so called 'journalists' getting the axe would have just been the beginning.

Stevo
You can call it evading/sidestepping/misdirecting all you want as a half assed deflection but all it is is pointing out the hypocrisy and whining like a spoiled bitch about public reaction and opinion of the Bush administration. Did you really expect something different?

You might want to de-sensitize yourself a little cause there will be much more criticism to come. Bush's legacy will make Carter look like a genius. And that's hard to do.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 12:48 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
You can call it evading/sidestepping/misdirecting all you want as a half assed deflection but all it is is pointing out the hypocrisy and whining like a spoiled bitch about public reaction and opinion of the Bush administration.
I never said one thing about personal or public opinion, I was specifically referring to journalists openly disrespecting or mocking our president in print and on television. It sucks that your reading skills are so poor, maybe you could make viable arguments if you took a few remedial English classes?


Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Did you really expect something different?
From a leftist liberal, not really. I am surprised of you totally ignoring history and people that actually remember the times being discussed, I guess you have read the same history books as gpump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
You might want to de-sensitize yourself a little cause there will be much more criticism to come. Bush's legacy will make Carter look like a genius. And that's hard to do.
You might want to find a website that will tell you of a new name to bash, you and your fellow liberals constant parroting of the Bush name is old hat. Rumor has it he will not be president much longer and you will need to find a new scape goat. I'm sure Moveon will tell you which name to start bashing in your blogs, the same way Oprah tells you which books you personally need to buy and read.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
IYou might want to find a website that will tell you of a new name to bash, you and your fellow liberals constant parroting of the Bush name is old hat. Rumor has it he will not be president much longer and you will need to find a new scape goat. I'm sure Moveon will tell you which name to start bashing in your blogs, the same way Oprah tells you which books you personally need to buy and read.

Stevo
Oh shit. Notch has been de-throned. And I can't think of anyone better than your Vietnam Vets bashing sorry ass to take said throne of bullshit rhetoric. "I am king of conservatives even though I worship the least conservative president ever!!!" Hold on to that fantasy if it helps.

And I'm done here...

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 02:25 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt

And I'm done here...
Thank god. None of your bullshit was making any sense.

Magnus is offline  
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 02:56 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Oh shit. Notch has been de-throned. And I can't think of anyone better than your Vietnam Vets bashing sorry ass to take said throne of bullshit rhetoric. "I am king of conservatives even though I worship the least conservative president ever!!!" Hold on to that fantasy if it helps.

And I'm done here...
I hope you are done drinking the bong water too, because your posts in this thread have progressively made less and less sense.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome