So i'm watching the talking heads on tv.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
IA2

So i'm watching the talking heads on tv....

You ever get the feeling that paulson and crew don't have a flipping clue about how to spend the 700 billion? Paulson refuses to buy toxic mortgages, and has also refused to bail out the auto makers. Lots of anger and confusion over what HAS already been spent, and who got some. No help for the average mortgage holder who is behind on payments whatsoever.

Looks like a clusterfuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:23 PM
blank

They're only interested in what benefits them.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
IA2

It is not going to surprise me if the money went to friends of paulson, and the taxpayer got fucked.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

His buddies at Goldman Sach got their money. You should always take care of the people you left behind after you leave the CEO job.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Of course Paulson knows how to spend the money. He's already given a huge chunk of it to his close friends.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:43 AM
reppin tha westside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Of course Paulson knows how to spend the money. He's already given a huge chunk of it to his close friends.
yep.

The Senator from Alabama that is dead set against the Big3 bailout kills me. He bitches that the Management should be fired, and the business model should be abondoned. While this might be true, he never mentions that the wall street bunch, with the same management & business practices in place, yet has already gotten a huge chunk of this.

Fuckin crooks

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwell
yep.

The Senator from Alabama that is dead set against the Big3 bailout kills me. He bitches that the Management should be fired, and the business model should be abondoned. While this might be true, he never mentions that the wall street bunch, with the same management & business practices in place, yet has already gotten a huge chunk of this.

Fuckin crooks
You can spot someone who hasn't a clue about the car business by looking for this attitude. If you fired everyone at the big 3, who would you get to run the thing? That's the big disconnect between Wall St., Washington and Detroit. Wall Street and Washington have always thought the people in Detroit are idiots and don't know what they are doing. It's a great populist opinion.

As for Paulson, I said months ago the guy has no clue. No one does. They don't even understand the entire problem, much less have a solution.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Yeah, the automakers are being scrutinized using different metrics than the wall street guys got.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Out

I was hoping for a better subject, reading the title
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Yeah, the automakers are being scrutinized using different metrics than the wall street guys got.
I was watching Good Morning America this morning and they ran a story about how the Auto Company Execs. fly on private jets to Washington to ask for a handout. Our economy is destroyed and these media idiots focus on something that is about as important as what color tie the guy is wearing.

Anytime you can enrage the sheeple though it equals good ratings and the media no longer has the Republicans to blame so they'll have plenty of free time on their hands until they turn on the Democrats and try to rip their throats out.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Out

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I was watching Good Morning America this morning...
Matt Lauer Man Crush!!!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
And the days go by...
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Matt Lauer Man Crush!!!
My old lady turns it on and I am in the same room. I'd rape the stock market chick's mouth but that is about it.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Out

Quote:
My old lady turns it on and I am in the same room. I'd rape the stock market chick's mouth but that is about it.
No lies were told in this post.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
And the days go by...
That was playing in my head when I read the title.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:38 AM
reppin tha westside

Quote:
I was watching Good Morning America this morning and they ran a story about how the Auto Company Execs. fly on private jets to Washington to ask for a handout. Our economy is destroyed and these media idiots focus on something that is about as important as what color tie the guy is wearing.

Anytime you can enrage the sheeple though it equals good ratings and the media no longer has the Republicans to blame so they'll have plenty of free time on their hands until they turn on the Democrats and try to rip their throats out.

Wag the Dog

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
That was playing in my head when I read the title.
At my 2nd job we put their albums on the system all the time. Talking Heads & the Cars never get old.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
You can spot someone who hasn't a clue about the car business by looking for this attitude. If you fired everyone at the big 3, who would you get to run the thing? That's the big disconnect between Wall St., Washington and Detroit. Wall Street and Washington have always thought the people in Detroit are idiots and don't know what they are doing. It's a great populist opinion.

As for Paulson, I said months ago the guy has no clue. No one does. They don't even understand the entire problem, much less have a solution.
I'll admit that I have no idea who should run GM, but I think that 8 years have shown that Rick Wagoner is not the man to fix GM...

Mulally is probably the right guy for Ford though. He's making progress. The economy is really the only keeping him from totally fixing Bill Ford's fuck up.

I'm kinda 50/50 on Nardelli. I still wonder why he even got the job in the first place. His time at Home Depot was a big load of fail. He got to Chrysler and pissed off several of his top engineers. The guy running the Genesis project finally had enough of his shit and left. But in fairness, Daimler totally fucked up Chrysler. Chrysler has Billions of extra cash on hand before the take over. Daimler promptly raided that money and left Chrysler in a mess....

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
At my 2nd job we put their albums on the system all the time. Talking Heads & the Cars never get old.
Mark this down... I couldn't agree more.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
That's my gripe with Paulson. He has a number of qualified people he could've chosen to head up the tarp. There's Volcker, the guy who headed up the RTC, to name a couple. Instead he picks some young, former Goldman lackey for the job. Now, he's talking about abandoning the idea of buying the distressed assets and instead taking equity stakes. I just don't think it's going to work. Who knows, my opinion is about as worthless as anyone else's, but I just don't see the equity stake working out.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I really want to watch 'Stop Making Sense' now.

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 04:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
That's my gripe with Paulson. He has a number of qualified people he could've chosen to head up the tarp. There's Volcker, the guy who headed up the RTC, to name a couple. Instead he picks some young, former Goldman lackey for the job. Now, he's talking about abandoning the idea of buying the distressed assets and instead taking equity stakes. I just don't think it's going to work. Who knows, my opinion is about as worthless as anyone else's, but I just don't see the equity stake working out.
To me, the gov't is handling this like everything else...they just throw money at it. Whether it's medical, educational, or societal issues, they just try to spend their way out. Unfortunately, it never works.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Mark this down... I couldn't agree more.
When Brad & I are playing pool, one of my strategies is to start humming "Just What I Needed". He'll eventually start singing it and get pissed that it's stuck in his head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement